Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I loved Counter Spy, but the Vita version is buggy as hell, and the load times or about the longest I've seen in a good long while. Game was great fun, but if you have an Android device, get it there, as it runs great(At least on my Shield Portable it did).
Thanks. I might end up getting Volume then. Your response was very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it seems LRG and Wayforward had a success with the Shantae games, is it possible would could get Double Dragon Neon released ? I would think is shantae has brand recognition, Double Dragon would be through the roof :) But if there's a legal issue, rights vs physical release etc. can you let us know if this isn't even a option ?

On the other end of the spectrum (less legal issues, game made my one person), Maldita Castila EX just got ported to consoles, so I'm assuming a PS4 version is in the works.... and it's a real good homage to Ghouls and Ghosts that would be awesome to have on the shelf with retro Ghouls and Ghosts type packaging :)

Keep up the good work :)

Since it seems LRG and Wayforward had a success with the Shantae games, is it possible would could get Double Dragon Neon released ? I would think is shantae has brand recognition, Double Dragon would be through the roof :) But if there's a legal issue, rights vs physical release etc. can you let us know if this isn't even a option ?

On the other end of the spectrum (less legal issues, game made my one person), Maldita Castila EX just got ported to consoles, so I'm assuming a PS4 version is in the works.... and it's a real good homage to Ghouls and Ghosts that would be awesome to have on the shelf with retro Ghouls and Ghosts type packaging :)

Keep up the good work :)
I agree that Maldita Castilla EX would be a great title to release physically for the PS4. I've been patiently awaiting the PS4 digital release, love the GnG style games!

WOW, I didn't even know about this game Maldita Castilla EX. I'm a HUGE GnG fan, and would love to have this game. Sadly, I don't have a next gen console, but at some point I will, so I'll keep this on my radar for sure.

What are the totals on Skullgirls?
About 6,100 as of right now. We have some pending mom n' pop orders that may push the total to 6,400 or 6,500. I'm confident Volume could help move another 1K - 2K so it seems like we should probably hit 10K by the 14th. I do think that we would have sold 10K already had we sold these as a standard limited release, but whatever, I'm happy people are able to get it and sales are still rolling in. :)

About 6,100 as of right now. We have some pending mom n' pop orders that may push the total to 6,400 or 6,500. I'm confident Volume could help move another 1K - 2K so it seems like we should probably hit 10K by the 14th. I do think that we would have sold 10K already had we sold these as a standard limited release, but whatever, I'm happy people are able to get it and sales are still rolling in. :)
What size print run would you have proposed to Lab Zero if this had been a standard, non-preorder release?

Probably a stupid question, but why aren't there any XBox One games like there are PS4?
Minimum order qty's. The same issue with "N", they require a larger amount than what Sony does, so therefore they get the business, while those other 2 clowns don't. LOL

What size print run would you have proposed to Lab Zero if this had been a standard, non-preorder release?
Probably enough to reach 10k. :lol:

Probably a stupid question, but why aren't there any XBox One games like there are PS4?
Because Microsoft's minimum print order is much larger than Sony's minimum print order. You can even go lower than Sony's minimum print order for a fee.

I started playing Saturday Morning RPG last night. I typically dislike RPG games, but when I find a fairly simple and lighthearted one, it can be a refreshing change of pace...a guy bugged the hell out of me to play Child of Light and I ended up enjoying that. SMRPG feels very similar in it's simplicity and tone. Glad I took a chance on grabbing the physical copy of this one.  

I started playing Saturday Morning RPG last night. I typically dislike RPG games, but when I find a fairly simple and lighthearted one, it can be a refreshing change of pace...a guy bugged the hell out of me to play Child of Light and I ended up enjoying that. SMRPG feels very similar in it's simplicity and tone. Glad I took a chance on grabbing the physical copy of this one.
Glad you're enjoying it! That one is my baby. I spent five years of my life building that game (lead designer and programmer). :)

Glad you're enjoying it! That one is my baby. I spent five years of my life building that game (lead designer and programmer). :)
The "Optimus Prime" move where Marty turns into a Transformer and runs everyone over has been working well, but the other multi-target move I unlocked, the little aircraft carrier and planes, is horrible, most of the time it misses and does very little damage. Am I supposed to press a button at a certain time on that one? Maybe I missed something.

The "Optimus Prime" move where Marty turns into a Transformer and runs everyone over has been working well, but the other multi-target move I unlocked, the little aircraft carrier and planes, is horrible, most of the time it misses and does very little damage. Am I supposed to press a button at a certain time on that one? Maybe I missed something.
Try it after you find the sunglasses. It's totally OP when combined with those.

Day 9 update on Skullgirls:

PS4: 3,291
Vita: 1,303
Bundle: 878

Total: 6,350 copies

~1,500 copies sold since the Day 1 rush.  It's gonna be close to get to 10K.

Did anyone get their Shantae copies yet? my tracking number never updated so I have no idea when mine comes
I got mine, but I back Doug on Patreon so I get my stuff shipped suuuuper quickly, plus I get them signed.

Though he forgot to sign my copies of Shantae! I'll forgive him, it's gotta be hard to keep up with all of those orders

My tracking also never updated past "printed" or whatever. I'm hopeful it's soon because I'm outta stuff to play and I don't wanna buy something and be in the middle of it when shantae comes.

Also, it was mentioned that a few hundred copies of skullgirls was sold to mom and pop shops that aren't included in that number. Just as an FYI.

How many days will Skullgirl be up for? And when will the soundtracks for shantae ship?
We're still waiting for the final GBC Shantae and Risky's Revenge soundtracks to arrive from the manufacturer. Hoping we'll see them soon so we can wrap up shipping quickly.

Hey Doomstick (or anyone else that knows). If I already ordered Skullgirls, is there a way to request it to be shipped with Volume (or any future game) to save on shipping? 

Hey Doomstick (or anyone else that knows). If I already ordered Skullgirls, is there a way to request it to be shipped with Volume (or any future game) to save on shipping?
I emailed them with the exact same question and you can't. It will be 2 different orders. It's something about the system they use. They are looking to upgrade. Sucks but I understand.

I ordered both shantae games and I haven't got a order confirmation email nor does it show on the lrg order history page, but when I go to my recent transactions on PayPal I see the purchase there ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI for anyone else wondering:

I contacted LRG and was told they do not allow switching from one game system to another. Bummer...
So you can't cancel either? That seems kind of silly for a "pre-order" item. It's not like the order has been placed for qty's yet.

I would think the least they could do is cancel your current order, then allow you to rebuy the other system version instead.

So you can't cancel either? That seems kind of silly for a "pre-order" item. It's not like the order has been placed for qty's yet.

I would think the least they could do is cancel your current order, then allow you to rebuy the other system version instead.
This ^

We implemented a 48-hour cancelation period because too many people were impulse buying the games and canceling them once they had time to stew on the purchase. Additionally, people were asking to cancel individual orders to order the bundle and then never ordering again (which is frustrating).

In any case, what we're offering is better than Gaijinworks' no cancelations period policy. I'm pretty certain I can't even change the address on my Summon Night 6 order despite having moved.

For anyone wondering, our customer service responsibilities have increased about 300% for preorders vs normal orders. Douglas is having to spend eight hours a day and work weekends to keep up with the volume of emails we're getting. It's nuts and isn't making a compelling case for preorders in the future. :(

In any case, what we're offering is better than Gaijinworks' no cancelations period policy. I'm pretty certain I can't even change the address on my Summon Night 6 order despite having moved.

For anyone wondering, our customer service responsibilities have increased about 300% for preorders vs normal orders. Douglas is having to spend eight hours a day and work weekends to keep up with the volume of emails we're getting. It's nuts and isn't making a compelling case for preorders in the future. :(
I would also like to add two other things about LRG:

1. They don't pull the "shipped" nonsense as soon as the pre-order window closes... even if the games not expected for months. I'm sure some people will bring up the whole label created/not shipping right away but I don't think that's a huge issue.

2. LRG never reprinted any of their games.

Seeing the YouTube documentary, the LRG guys are not getting enough credit for their efforts. It is not bootlicking either. Doomstink is not kidding. I received an email less than 24 hrs later on a weekend. I'm just glad they are answering questions as soon as they can. There will be glitches from time to time but that goes for any merchant. I'm just glad I am getting a physical Skullgirls game on Vita.

We implemented a 48-hour cancelation period because too many people were impulse buying the games and canceling them once they had time to stew on the purchase. Additionally, people were asking to cancel individual orders to order the bundle and then never ordering again (which is frustrating).

Well you've had two preorder situations, can't imagine either one wound up making you very happy. This is business and as much as it's very clearly a labor of love for your crew, if the numbers don't make sense then don't do them.

I'm in the midst of watching my workplace teetering on the brink here because we have tried to expand our offering beyond what we were best at and what we knew worked. Biggest mistake companies make anymore is trying to be everything to everyone and grow exponentially and winding up horribly exposed. Your operation runs pretty well given your staffing but don't overextend trying to capture that extra 5%. Remember that the vocal minority are just that and stick to what you have shown works for you.

bread's done
Back