Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I wonder if Jonathan Blow would deign to consider a physical release of The Witness through LRG.
Of the games I want to see get physical releases for PS4/Vita, this is near the top of the list. Hope something can be worked out, it'd be a shame for it to be stuck in digital hell forever.

Yes! Firewatch! I've been eyeing this game on steam for a while now, but my backup computer can't run it, and my primary computer crapped out on me. I prefer to go digital on PC and physical for everything else, so this will be perfect for me!

Anyone's Shantae soundtracks ship yet? Mine were marked as shipped on the 11th but still haven't been picked up by the USPS. Not in a rush but these are not something I wanna miss out on.
yep mine shipped off earlier today

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I've heard only about 10 Shantae orders remain for shipping. We're full steam on Volume now (and orders from between Shantae and Volume). We hope to knock out Volume fast and shouldn't have a problem with how few it is versus Shantae.

I've been meaning to ask this since I got my Shantae order a few days ago.  Does know what card & sticker goes with what copy?  I kind of...sort of...mixed mine up.... :lol:

I can't remember and my ocd is nagging the crap out me.

I've been meaning to ask this since I got my Shantae order a few days ago. Does know what card & sticker goes with what copy? I kind of...sort of...mixed mine up.... :lol:

I can't remember and my ocd is nagging the crap out me.
The one with Shantae fighting the ScorpGal is Pirate's Curse, the one with just Shantae is Risky's Revenge. Purple sticker is Risky, Red sticker is Pirate's Curse.

Not a lot of year left if Firewatch is actually coming. Any ETA on when preorders go up. Also, because I'm that guy, any chance the fantastic dynamic theme can get packaged into it?

I know this is a LRG thread, but I feel like I should still mention this

CxZwwUFUkAAKWx4.jpg

http://store.nisamerica.com/rose-in-the-twilight-limited-edition

Standard edition

ritt-se.png

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/rose-in-the-twilight/rose-in-the-twilight-standard-edition

It's an NIS Store exclusive meaning it will be straight to consumer kinda like what LRG is doing. Notice how there isn't an ESRB logo in it?

I know this is a LRG thread, but I feel like I should still mention this

It's an NIS Store exclusive meaning it will be straight to consumer kinda like what LRG is doing. Notice how there isn't an ESRB logo in it?
This has nothing to do with LRG and it's likely placeholder art. NIS has also sought ESRB rating in prior games and this will likely be no different.

Seriously man? Mind your own fucking business.
I'm a participant in this thread and on the board. As such, preventing spammers and unnecessary threads so that people can actually find deals amidst all the clutter especially this time of year is my business. What makes it worse is that you're spreading inaccurate information about the game not having an ESRB rating.

This has nothing to do with LRG and it's likely placeholder art. NIS has also sought ESRB rating in prior games and this will likely be no different.
I'm a participant in this thread and on the board. As such, preventing spammers and unnecessary threads so that people can actually find deals amidst all the clutter especially this time of year is my business. What makes it worse is that you're spreading inaccurate information about the game not having an ESRB rating.
Well NISA has an ESRB place holder (RP/Rating Pending) on the game they announced yesterday, Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy... and every other game on the site except A Rose in the Twilight. I think every announcement they've done to this point has always had an ESRB logo even on the place holder art for the game box (not the LE box, but the game box itself). So... I think this dude is possibly onto something. That could help explain the $20 price point on the standalone game and it could mean NISA is getting into the budget publishing market like LRG. I guess we'll see.

It's hypocritical that you wave the flag of community police officer to promote deals and defend a thread which is completely off topic for the DEALS forum since it has no deals in it and likely never will. Plus, this is a publisher specific thread for new full price games and site support for LRG. In many ways it's borderline self promotion. Maybe that guy's enthusiasm comes across a little like a shill for NISA... but then so do many people in this thread (especially the OP) for LRG. People can get passionate about stuff they love. The guy did no harm posting about this one game possibly encroaching on what LRG does.

Well NISA has an ESRB place holder (RP/Rating Pending) on the game they announced yesterday, Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy... and every other game on the site except A Rose in the Twilight. I think every announcement they've done to this point has always had an ESRB logo even on the place holder art for the game box (not the LE box, but the game box itself). So... I think this dude is possibly onto something. That could help explain the $20 price point on the standalone game and it could mean NISA is getting into the budget publishing market like LRG. I guess we'll see.

It's hypocritical that you wave the flag of community police officer to promote deals and defend a thread which is completely off topic for the DEALS forum since it has no deals in it and likely never will. Plus, this is a publisher specific thread for new full price games and site support for LRG. In many ways it's borderline self promotion. Maybe that guy's enthusiasm comes across a little like a shill for NISA... but then so do many people in this thread (especially the OP) for LRG. People can get passionate about stuff they love. The guy did no harm posting about this one game possibly encroaching on what LRG does.
I agree. This guy often takes a condescending attitude with people in the CAG forums, and it really gets old. There's nothing wrong with the information he posted; not every post has to follow a narrow-minded person's beliefs on what is (or isn't) "appropriate".

The problem is that there are multiple threads where his post would have been appropriate (Japanese releases, Vita, Collector's Edition), he knew this wasn't the right thread by his own statements and yet he posted here and then posted a whole new thread for the game on the main deal board. He also has done this multiple times previously and despite his own statements in those instances that he knew the posts were in the wrong place, he took the position that somehow it was still good for him to have posted multiple times in the wrong places. Instead of then saying "hey, I apologize, I'll be more careful in the future," he then takes an offensive position and starts hurling profanity. We don't need that here.

This isn't some little release that LRG fans would potentially miss. NIS is doing five total announcements and preorders this week and they are being discussed in the relevant threads as they are announced. We don't need a new thread and multiple posts in the wrong threads for each one.

I agree. This guy often takes a condescending attitude with people in the CAG forums, and it really gets old. There's nothing wrong with the information he posted; not every post has to follow a narrow-minded person's beliefs on what is (or isn't) "appropriate".
No condescension at all and it's not "narrow-minded" to expect everyone to adhere to the basic rules of the board. I just want to be able to find relevant information in the appropriate threads and I know others do as well. Those of us who have been here a while know how the forums evolved and why there are specifically designated threads for various types of releases that aren't otherwise deals. If we are now free to post whatever we want, wherever we want, the utility of this entire board for finding deals is going to be rendered worthless. I don't want to see that happen and I suspect most of the rest of the members here don't want that to happen either.

Just so all of this other chatter doesn't get in the way of the huge updates today; huge updates today!

Lots of stuff listed now, so get read for some great upcoming weeks of fun.

I think the majority of the people in this thread are waiting for December 9th. ;D

Wait, these stickers are coordinated? I always thought they were just random...
Tell me the truth Vinny. Are you color blind? ;D

Do we know what game #28 will be? Looking at the numbers on the site, it was skipped.
Often times, releases get delayed, so they get pushed back. Titles are not always released sequentially, so sometimes you'll see a number missing, but it'll pop up later once they finally get that title out.

NISA has announced that it will not be available in stores and only on their website. Hell, I didn't even know it was going to be a NISA exclusive until LRG pointed it out on their own Twitter page.

Just started collecting LRG games. Looking forward to trying to grab a couple games I missed on BF more than any other sale out there. :)

Just started collecting LRG games. Looking forward to trying to grab a couple games I missed on BF more than any other sale out there. :)
If you just started collecting, I'd highly recommend going for the blind boxes. Not only will you stand to get $29.99 games for $24.99 - you also stand the chance to get a whole bunch of other titles we won't have up any other way!

Well NISA has an ESRB place holder (RP/Rating Pending) on the game they announced yesterday, Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy... and every other game on the site except A Rose in the Twilight. I think every announcement they've done to this point has always had an ESRB logo even on the place holder art for the game box (not the LE box, but the game box itself). So... I think this dude is possibly onto something. That could help explain the $20 price point on the standalone game and it could mean NISA is getting into the budget publishing market like LRG.
FWIW, NISA released Htol#niq for $19.99 standard / $29.99 limited for Vita. I think that had an ESRB logo though I never even opened my LE to look at the game case

Yep - sounds like what I want.

Is there a limit on the number that can be purchased (not that I would be able to afford more than a few but...) :)

And those will go on sale on BF at midnight EST right?

If you just started collecting, I'd highly recommend going for the blind boxes. Not only will you stand to get $29.99 games for $24.99 - you also stand the chance to get a whole bunch of other titles we won't have up any other way!

I wish you luck in keeping the website up and running on midnight BF, though I think it's going to be some messy, messy stuff.

Just don't hire any Walmart website staff and you should be good.

Is there a limit to the number of blind boxes that I could buy?

bread's done
Back