Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Got swindle vita, esther, cards and checked out. Was iffy on esther but my son wanted it to support LRG more than to play it. so he is paying for that.
Not sure why youd buy it then. They sell out of everything easily, not like 1 less order wont ever get boughten.

Thought I had The Swindle reserved since I was in checkout. Decided to check really quick if I got the Deck Code (which was a no). Checked out and I got a OOS notification. Say what?
It only reserves it for five minutes from when you click "check out" so there is a possibility for it to expire if you delay.

It only reserves it for five minutes from when you click "check out" so there is a possibility for it to expire if you delay.
It didn't take me five minutes though. It literally takes a few seconds to reach the final checkout page and another few seconds to check my emails.

Close call.

Alarm destroyed me at 6:54 AM.

Loaded LRG page on laptop.

Entered code for Oddworld cards.

Sweating begins.

Got shipping ready.

Sweating, nervous.

1m 17s left?  Cool, I'll just casually load gmail in a new tab for a few seconds -- ENTIRE LAPTOP FREEZES.  30 seconds later, unresponsive.  Oh. No.

Darted for my phone, opened gmail, copied Oddworld code, loaded LRG, navigated to all 3 games, added to cart, and checked out.

Can't explain how I was so lucky -- stock levels were 3-7% after checkout.

I didn't see the Oddworld cards email until after I placed my order this morning.  I assume there will be other releases between now and when the coupon expires.

It might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping we hear about either Oceanhorn or Salt and Sanctuary next. Probably too early for Salt and Sanctuary, as I heard the dev was still putting some final touches on Vita version. 

Edit: I forgot about Rabi Ribi, news on that would be good as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Close call.

Alarm destroyed me at 6:54 AM.

Loaded LRG page on laptop.

Entered code for Oddworld cards.

Sweating begins.

Got shipping ready.

Sweating, nervous.

1m 17s left? Cool, I'll just casually load gmail in a new tab for a few seconds -- ENTIRE LAPTOP FREEZES. 30 seconds later, unresponsive. Oh. No.

Darted for my phone, opened gmail, copied Oddworld code, loaded LRG, navigated to all 3 games, added to cart, and checked out.

Your sweat got into the laptop and fried something.

The phone method (on an iphone using standard safari) has worked for me more than other options. Maybe next time try that route first.

Shopify was just a little wonky today for some reason, particularly for those who logged in early with Paypal.
Yeah it was weird for me too and I don't use PayPal anymore for LRG (had an error once and I'm too scared to risk it again. Idk if it's fixed lol!).

I got trapped "in line" for almost 20 seconds before I closed it and retried (loaded instantly the second time) and then I got a shopify error and had to refresh a second time. Terrified the entire time of course.

I'm wondering if it was related to my code redemption? That's the only thing I did differently. Idk.

I'm wondering if it was related to my code redemption? That's the only thing I did differently. Idk.
I preloaded the code and had the cards in my basket at start time, and I didn't have any issues. This was the first week actually, since their system started giving that waiting in line message, that I didn't get it.

All in all, one of my better check outs, but I've seen enough here to know that problems happen weekly depending, so I hope any issues are fixed for the afternoon go around, which begins in about 40 minutes for those who are interested.

Same here. It was oddly less stressful. I may do the evening run from now on.
The pm round is always better, but I would still recommend doing the am first for those who can, as it gives you two chances to get games you want, instead of the one, if there are any issues.

I wish Limited Run actually did things about people working the system and buying games to flip.

They are in the position to protect their customers, yet they don't?

The ebay seller chrisz300zx  

has multiple copies of every game Limited Run sells and it's clear he's buying and flipping the games. 

This is not fair to people who actually want to buy the games. 

This is sad, wish they would do something about it :(

So, copies of both PS4 versions an hour and a half in.

I mean it's good for stragglers though. And sure is making me feel better about if I ever miss anything and need to use the second batch lol.

<p>

If you scroll down further it says this:

• PC and PS4 in the same box! That's right - not only are we confirming physical PS4 for the Sundered campaign, but every copy of the Physical Collector's Box will include physical versions for both the PS4 and PC! Reminder: this is in addition to the Digital copy for the system of your choice from the previous reward tiers! [Note: we're unable to change the description of the CA$ 100 Eschaton Elder tier on the campaign page to reflect this - sorry for the confusion!]
I got the email that said this about 15 minutes before the Kickstarter closed. I had to drive home and I ordered with 5 minutes to spare. When I got the KS email a minute later that was missing the PS4 description, I freaked and hurriedly cancelled my pledge, only to find out later that they couldn't update the description. I did back for CAD$20 after cancelling my larger pledge, so at least I'll get a digital copy and all the DLC. Still debating if I pick it up from Humble or wait for a cheaper LRG release.

Wow all three still available 46minutes after the drop, even if there are just a few units remaining.
I feel like that's a good thing. The Swindle has 3000 copies and 1 per console limit, if it's taking a full hour to sell then they found the sweet spot. Slow enough for all interested parties to get one, (Octodad took 48 hours to sell out but still goes for a respectable $35 on eBay) but not too slow to deminish value, like when they lifted limits on One Way Heroics and Thomas Was Alone and it still took 60+ hours to sell out and now they both go for ~$28.50 shipped on eBay.

Missed out on Swindle (Vita) but everything else is surprisingly still available although Swindle (PS4) is now sub 5%. Dear Esther is probably going to take the rest of the night to sell out even with the 2 copy limit.

Picked up both PS4 games and the Oddword bonus this morning without trouble but made sure to add the cards before 10. I thought maybe my Curses n Chaos was missing the loyalty coupon but I dug though the trash and both it and the sticker were still in the packaging. :dunce:

Just a quick reminder to anyone that ordered Dear Esther with Swindle, that the games wont ship right away.

This release includes a gold foil cover. It is currently in manufacturing but requires extra time for the cover. Orders containing this item will not start to ship until the first week of March. 

Didnt want anyone freaking out in a week or more.  So for those who ordered their cards as well, it will be a bit longer of a wait.  

I wish Limited Run actually did things about people working the system and buying games to flip.

They are in the position to protect their customers, yet they don't?

The ebay seller chrisz300zx

has multiple copies of every game Limited Run sells and it's clear he's buying and flipping the games.

This is not fair to people who actually want to buy the games.

This is sad, wish they would do something about it :(
Problem is "chriz300zx" is not the only one that sells them, he's on the cheaper end compared to other Buy It Now's. There are other sellers on the day of the release with multiple quantities in the $65-75 range. They all say "preorder" and will ship in 2-4 weeks. Maybe LRG should open a EBay account and start selling on there to combat these jerks...? I don't care if they upcharge the games $5-10 bucks more for shipping, fee's, supplies and what not. It'll probably deter these flippers, but oh well. LRG deserves it more than they do.

Doesn't work.  Flippers will just buy those and immediately relist them before they even get a purchase confirmation email.

Same way you can't even get anything on sale at Amazon anymore. Flippers just move them to their store to squat on.

What's the deal with Sundered? We get all of two days notice for pre-ordering the Collector's Edition before the Kickstarter ends, and now it's vanished from the Humble Bundle site, where it was only available for $25 more?

What's the deal with Sundered? We get all of two days notice for pre-ordering the Collector's Edition before the Kickstarter ends, and now it's vanished from the Humble Bundle site, where it was only available for $25 more?
From the sound of it, the talks with LRG was only formed like last week, so they probably didn't have all of the kinks worked out until like a day or two before the announcement. They might have wanted to wait a bit towards the end when it seemed more plausible it'd get funded before they started talks with LRG. Sort of sucks, but dem the breaks sometimes with KS projects. :(

Problem is "chriz300zx" is not the only one that sells them, he's on the cheaper end compared to other Buy It Now's. There are other sellers on the day of the release with multiple quantities in the $65-75 range. They all say "preorder" and will ship in 2-4 weeks. Maybe LRG should open a EBay account and start selling on there to combat these jerks...? I don't care if they upcharge the games $5-10 bucks more for shipping, fee's, supplies and what not. It'll probably deter these flippers, but oh well. LRG deserves it more than they do.
Actually all they would have to do is go after these sellers for using their web images without permission (since all these preorders use the sites ripped off pictures), although LRG probably is too busy these days to waste the time writing to ebay about the copyright infringements.

Actually all they would have to do is go after these sellers for using their web images without permission (since all these preorders use the sites ripped off pictures), although LRG probably is too busy these days to waste the time writing to ebay about the copyright infringements.
LRG actually want reseller to use their image.

If their selling the actual game, they are allowed by Ebay to use the image. In most cases, Ebay provides game images and box art that are directly from the developers. The same way Amazon or Walmart displays box art pictures for the purposes of sales.

LRG has addressed many of the flippers, and they do more than anyone else in regards to the overall issue, but it's only so much that can be done. As you say, they are far to busy to really do more than they already have.

Lol what? eBay doesn't even take down counterfeit video games.

It would be great if they could hunt down every reseller but I doubt they have the dedicated man power, someone said they've done it before when pointed out here tho

We've tried to find who chrisz300zx and we can't figure it out. Buying things from him gives no name and no address that matches in our system. He's a ghost. It's easy to say we should do something about him but we can't find anything that traces back to him. He's likely using a network of buyers to get several copies.

wow this last order came today envlopes all messed up .. hopefully the games are okay (wont know till tonight)
Mine as well. Two vita games crammed in it and folded. The package was ripped.

Contents are in perfect shape however. My post office sucks I blame them.

We've tried to find who chrisz300zx and we can't figure it out. Buying things from him gives no name and no address that matches in our system. He's a ghost. It's easy to say we should do something about him but we can't find anything that traces back to him. He's likely using a network of buyers to get several copies.
Put someone up to buying a game from him to get his contact information. It'll get you their name and email tied into PayPal at least. Then give him a ban hammer from ordering games on your website. Same with the rest of those greedy resellers using your stock photo's, it's BS. Then all those games bought, put on your auction block in the forums for a charity or something. Maybe then it'll stop the EBay greediness once and for all. I understand the earlier games like Breach & Clear, Saturday Morning RPG, and Oddworld New N Tasty as most of those are climbing up to $125-200+ each now.

bread's done
Back