Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Almost 50% left of both the games I didn't want. I guess I wasn't alone in bailing this time.
The only game I was familiar with was Pang, and I thought those numbers where slightly high, but the developer may have had a hand in that. I think the mid 2000's to low 3000's for some of the lesser known games is the way to go.

I'm sure both games will sale out within a few days(5 at most), but I know from past experience with these types of titles, some will have issues that they lasted to long. I hope DotEmu will still bring other digital titles to LRG, but qty's may need adjusting moving forward. But who knows, this might be what they wanted, so a larger group can have a shot.

Honestly I'd rather all games have enough quantity to sit for a few days. I'm not concerned with rarity and resell value, I just love physical media. I don't see anything wrong with them being in stock still and I don't see anything wrong with the games themselves.

Just making an observation :)

Honestly I'd rather all games have enough quantity to sit for a few days. I'm not concerned with rarity and resell value, I just love physical media. I don't see anything wrong with them being in stock still and I don't see anything wrong with the games themselves.

I always thought a few hours was the "sweet spot", but I agree that a few days is no problem either. Like you said, the games might not be worth much in the long run, but I only care about getting the physical game, so the more the merrier when it comes to allowing others to get in on certain games for a longer time.

I always thought a few hours was the "sweet spot", but I agree that a few days is no problem either. Like you said, the games might not be worth much in the long run, but I only care about getting the physical game, so the more the merrier when it comes to allowing others to get in on certain games for a longer time.
Feel the same way. The more, the merrier. At the end, limited run is limited run. There are far fewer copies of any of these games than there are games printed through the normal course by other publishers, so there is collector value (whatever that really is) here regardless.

I've never bought anything from Limited Run before, but thought I'd give it a whirl. Picked up Astebreed and Mitsurugi. I'm also a sucker for physical media (at least when it comes to videogames), so gladly willing to drop a few to have presumably once digital titles only on disc form. Mitsurugi looks like a poor man's Onechanbara or Senran Kagura. It's pricey, to be sure, but the rarity, plus the fact that it's an awfully mindless, arcadey short game is actually MORE appealing to me than not.

I like the 1-3 hour games. Those are fine by me, given the extremely limited time I have (pun intended).

Wow! Ray Gigant is $39.99 for Vita. I think i will pass on this game. Will waits for Darius Burst Chronicles ;)
Well, it sells for 29.99 on PSN. It's that plus the cost of manufacturing the physical media. And it's pricier for the Vita titles cuz it's cart and not BR Disc. :p

Well, it sells for 29.99 on PSN. It's that plus the cost of manufacturing the physical media. And it's pricier for the Vita titles cuz it's cart and not BR Disc. :p
Yeah, LRG has always said there prices where based on the digital versions of games, so I'm not surprised it's a higher price. If Ace Attorney ever happened, I would expect that to be priced the same as well. It's great most games are $24.99, but depending on the game, I'm cool paying more.

Yeah...but they are a very small startup of sorts. They kind of need these games to sell out for their business to prosper and for us to get future physical releases.

Yeah...but they are a very small startup of sorts. They kind of need these games to sell out for their business to prosper and for us to get future physical releases.
I wouldn't worry - all of LR games sell out within hours or at most a day. Mitsurugi and Pang are down to just 8% and 10% stock, respectively.

Wow, Pang & Mitsurgui are still in stock atm, granted it's still early in the morning but still.  It's letting me add 388 copies of Pang & 332 of Mitsurgui to the cart.  I guess there's more than a just a handful of us having to cut back. 

I bet you can already hear the cries of re-sellers wanting a refund in the distance.

I've kinda reached to a point where I'm tempted to unload all my Limited Run Games I've purchased sans Saturday Morning RPG.  Sadly, they're all still sealed and just collecting dust.

Wow, Pang & Mitsurgui are still in stock atm, granted it's still early in the morning but still. It's letting me add 388 copies of Pang & 332 of Mitsurgui to the cart. I guess there's more than a just a handful of us having to cut back.

I bet you can already hear the cries of re-sellers wanting a refund in the distance.
Looks like they've got the stock for the next wave of "blind boxes".:lol:

I've kinda reached to a point where I'm tempted to unload all my Limited Run Games I've purchased sans Saturday Morning RPG. Sadly, they're all still sealed and just collecting dust.
I'm not that extreme with mine, but I've considered trading a few I'm not interested in. Unfortunately the ones I don't care about aren't in very high demand so I doubt I'd get much back in trade.

I've kinda reached to a point where I'm tempted to unload all my Limited Run Games I've purchased sans Saturday Morning RPG. Sadly, they're all still sealed and just collecting dust.
If you're planning on selling New N Tasty, lemme know. It's one of two games I need for a complete LRG collection.

It's that time of the month again huh?  Personally, I think LRG is doing a lot better with the e-mail updates, so I don't even need to come to this thread for release info.  I guess it's more of a habit (it did take LRG some times to get the wheels rolling, shipping and what nots).  This is the first time all of my orders are actually delivered before yesterday's batch (minus the Skull Girl order, which I still have Volume in it as well, that's out of LRG's control, I'm cool with that).

Of course, this thread is still useful for LRG backed Kickstarters.  However, most importantly, you got an actual LRG guy here who takes time to read/listen to what we (gamers/collectors) want, very cool if you ask me.

Wow, Pang & Mitsurgui are still in stock atm, granted it's still early in the morning but still. It's letting me add 388 copies of Pang & 332 of Mitsurgui to the cart. I guess there's more than a just a handful of us having to cut back.

Not selling out on the First Day is a good thing.

If it takes more than a week to sell out, that is when you should be worried.

Was fortunate to get in on the Astebreed soundtrack bundle. Forgot to log in and had to type in all my info real quick on the checkout screen, so I was sweating bullets that I might not be quick enough. The other two games look ok to me, but not enough to fork over that kind of money for something I have marginal interest in. Nice to see that everyone who wants them will be able to get them.

24685107291_54cd934c17_b.jpg
 ​
Even though I know this game is short, I'm drawn to the no-nonsense nature of it.  

And come on, those aesthetics aren't bad.

I think i'm opening my SMRPG and One Way Heroics to play....unless SMRPG Vita is worth anything. I also have Breach & Clear somewhere...but i have no idea...packed away somewhere....to be destined to be sealed forever...

Edit: Will just leave SMRPG sealed and play my PC version.

Last edited by a moderator:
4% now.

Just hope they are happy with the results.  This run seemed spot on. I'd like more of these 4500+ runs instead of the scary nerve wracking 2500 ones. 

I watched the Astebreed bundle tick down and refrained. Gotta draw the line somewhere, and for me that's limiting soundtracks and extras for JRPG releases since those are the ones I have a personal love for and not just have to collect or 100% something.   Otherwise I'd be literally trying to collect everything in the world :/

4% now.

Just hope they are happy with the results. This run seemed spot on. I'd like more of these 4500+ runs instead of the scary nerve wracking 2500 ones.

I watched the Astebreed bundle tick down and refrained. Gotta draw the line somewhere, and for me that's limiting soundtracks and extras for JRPG releases since those are the ones I have a personal love for and not just have to collect or 100% something. Otherwise I'd be literally trying to collect everything in the world :/
I never get the OST for any games unless it's in a CE or LE. There are just too many actual games I want to buy and so many OSTs not worth the time.

Looked through my stack of duplicates, New n Tasty must have been limit one or for some reason I didn't order 2.  I usually order 2 of anything that I will never have a chance to replace ever again if it got beat up or lost.

Didn't realize it was #2 either. Wow time flies.

The one thing that bothers me with the release of Dariusburst CS is that only 2800 will be available but they are allowing 2 per customer. I understand that a lot of people want 1 to open and 1 to keep sealed but in reality, if it's 2 per customer, that could narrow the available amount to 1400, and once you factor in the scalpers, the available amount could be much lower which will make it terribly hard for some who just want 1 copy. This also boosts resale value up for scalpers as there could be twice as many people who miss out due to scalpers being able to get 2 copies. Print runs this low should have a limit of 1 copy.

The one thing that bothers me with the release of Dariusburst CS is that only 2800 will be available but they are allowing 2 per customer. I understand that a lot of people want 1 to open and 1 to keep sealed but in reality, if it's 2 per customer, that could narrow the available amount to 1400, and once you factor in the scalpers, the available amount could be much lower which will make it terribly hard for some who just want 1 copy. This also boosts resale value up for scalpers as there could be twice as many people who miss out due to scalpers being able to get 2 copies. Print runs this low should have a limit of 1 copy.
The game is $59.99. I think you'll be ok

The game is $59.99. I think you'll be ok
$60 doesn't change the fact that only 2800 are made. Some of these scalpers buy these games only to make $10-$15 profit so a $60 price tag won't deter them knowing with only 2800 made, someone will be willing to pay $100+ just to have the game in their collection.

Plus there's always the Japanese release if you miss out and you just want it to have a physical copy.

That's true but I've gotten kind of addicted to getting the Limited Run releases. Those little postcards and stickers are just a nice little bonus. Lol

Limited Run releases aren't ESRB rated.
They aren't Asian or PAL either, and they were officially released and sold in the USA and officially manufactured and numbered by Sony. Much to my bane sometimes, that makes every single one required for a NA set.

Just like I don't care about Super Meat Boy or that UK equivalent of LRG that only releases in the UK, or clearly Asia releases of that PlayAsia does, those collecting Asian or UK region games have more justification for skipping LRG releases than someone collecting NA.

Plus 2,000 of the LE and they are limiting to two total (i.e. one standard and one LE or two standard). 4,800 is a lot for such an expensive game, SHMUP or not.

At the end of the day, a game like Darius, for sure needs to sale out quick, even more so than the standard releases due to the cost involved. So I'm sure that is why the limit of 2 is currently in place. If it sales out in seconds in the morning, expect the afternoon offering to be back to 1.

I wish LRG would put a limit of 1 for Darius. Pricey or not, it is going to go fast. The main people who will benefit by being able to buy two are scalpers. Given the higher price of the game it sucks for people who actually want to own the game that they will have to pay quite a bit more to buy a copy from a scalper since the scalpers will have to price the game at a pretty hefty price to turn the kind of profit they want. This is a shmup, and a pretty darned good one. Anyone who thinks this game will not sell out quickly, even at one per customer, does not understand how rabid the shmup community is. Then throw in the people who want a complete collection of LR games, the aforementioned scalpers, and folks who are just curious about the game based on the hype.

I wish LRG would put a limit of 1 for Darius. Pricey or not, it is going to go fast. The main people who will benefit by being able to buy two are scalpers. Given the higher price of the game it sucks for people who actually want to own the game that they will have to pay quite a bit more to buy a copy from a scalper since the scalpers will have to price the game at a pretty hefty price to turn the kind of profit they want. This is a shmup, and a pretty darned good one. Anyone who thinks this game will not sell out quickly, even at one per customer, does not understand how rabid the shmup community is. Then throw in the people who want a complete collection of LR games, the aforementioned scalpers, and folks who are just curious about the game based on the hype.
If you get there before 10 am with everything set and ready to go you shouldn't have any issues; if you still can't lock on down and you've followed the 6 P's then Play Asia will have one for you :)

While I agree that shmups generally are in very high demand (Soldner X LRG version sold out instantly and was under produced), the much higher price of Dariusburst CS is going to mean that it sells much slower than it otherwise would. At $60 for a regular copy, it's over twice the price of a regular LRG release (even more for the LE, probably around $100). I am a huge shmup enthusiast, but I'm not sure that I'll get this game based on the price. This game also has a much higher production run than Soldner X did. I wouldn't worry about it selling out instantly.

I think people are over-reacting a bit... if you show up on time, have everything set up, it should go smoothly. The exclusive covers to Oddworld SW and Runner2 were both very limited in numbers and those lasted at least 2-3 minutes after they went live during both batches. 

And didn't Shopify have some error/glitch that let people buy Solder X-2 before it went live, and then when it was time for it to go live, the Shopify had some technical error or something. I remember being there at 10 AM EST on the dot and it literally went from unavailable to sold out, which caused mass panic for the PM batch-- wherein it actually did sell out really fast. 

I hope you folks who think that Darius will not go fast are right. I still think it will. For the record, I was commenting on the situation as I see it in general, not in relation to me worrying about getting one for myself. I already have one on order from Play Asia, and have gotten every LRG game I've wanted -- all the Vita games and about half of the PS4 releases. It'll be interesting for sure to see how fast a higher-priced game moves for LRG.

Darius might be the quickest one. I'm seeing lots of people even on my PlayStation FL say they are going to try and grab a copy.

I'm interested in how quick this sells because I don't think it's pricey and it's coming in a slow month for games....well slower then march.

So far I've yet to have trouble getting any lrg releases if I was online at release time, I like rushing to check out and get it before it's gone. Be glad tat LRG hasn't gotten to the level of Mondo poster drops, cuz if that ever happens you're gonna see a whole new level of upset and reseller decrying

So far I've yet to have trouble getting any lrg releases if I was online at release time, I like rushing to check out and get it before it's gone. Be glad tat LRG hasn't gotten to the level of Mondo poster drops, cuz if that ever happens you're gonna see a whole new level of upset and reseller decrying
yeah I went for the stout civil war mondo drop without a bot and was pretty surprised I got one. I think that was the first poster drop after the shopify cart change so maybe that helped.

I'm also thinking of downsizing my extras to fund new releases, particularly if the current tempo persists. Don't have any super valuable titles but will let my extras go for cost, if that helps someone just starting out.

bread's done
Back