Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So youre saying my sticker and postcard collection ends now?
Yes, but if you have everyone so far, it is now complete, and you no longer need to bother with it. LOL

Those look pretty cool Josh, I'm looking forward to getting something different that's a little more trade-able I guess. I should have ordered 2 copies of Darius. To late now, as I would have liked to try and get in on all the cards, but buying 2 copies for each release probably wouldn't be to feasible in the long run anyways.

How are you shipping the cards in the packaging?  Will they come in some sort of protective sleeve to minimize any in transit damage?  I'm sure the collectors here are going to want their card(s) minty fresh without bent corners ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you shipping the cards in the packaging? Will they come in some sort of protective sleeve to minimize any in transit damage? I'm sure the collectors here are going to want their card(s) minty fresh without bent corners ;)
If there standard in size, they'll just lay on the game case as they do now, and should be fine so long as the envelope is taped & tight to the game case.

How are you shipping the cards in the packaging? Will they come in some sort of protective sleeve to minimize any in transit damage? I'm sure the collectors here are going to want their card(s) minty fresh without bent corners ;)
We'll have the option for people to add protectors to an order but we won't ship in them by default. That'd cost an arm and a leg for a freebie.

Seriously were complaining about how free stuff is being packaged? Most people would just be happy to get something free, and not bitch about how it is given to them? That's as asinine as a homeless person complaining he's getting a hand out, but then complaining he doesn't like the denomination of the money. 

If I was LRG reading this, I would be like.... F@#K it, I'm not gonna give these ungrateful bastards anything for free. 

Sheesh, just be happy your getting something for free at all, they don't have to do this.... they are just being nice, and your making it hard for them to be nice to you !!!!

I was referring to these. They're 3.58 for 100 https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-100ct-Penny-Sleeves/dp/B0002TT3N4. I don't think those cost an arm or a leg.
That's still at the very least $143.20+tax, for something they're giving away for free.

Why would you pay $143.20+ extra just to give something away for free?

Not to mention somebody already noted the extra hassle of putting cards into sleeves.

Not sure if you've ever played a physical card game in your life, but trust me, it's a hassle, especially if they're going to be putting them on thousands of cards.

I've bought every vita release and many PS4 releases from LRG and I have only had one card or sticker damaged. That card was slightly bent on one teeny part of the corner and was not a big deal. Every other card and sticker has arrived in the envelope in perfect condition. LRG do a great job of packing things into the envelopes tight. I'm not worried in the slightest about the trading cards arriving damaged.

That's still at the very least $143.20+tax, for something they're giving away for free.

Why would you pay $143.20+ extra just to give something away for free?

Not to mention somebody already noted the extra hassle of putting cards into sleeves.

Not sure if you've ever played a physical card game in your life, but trust me, it's a hassle, especially if they're going to be putting them on thousands of cards.
lol the cost is .03 per card. If you're going to give away something for free, you should make sure it at least arrives in good condition. Otherwise, there will be people complaining theirs got damaged in transit and want a replacement which will add more to the cost since a replacement card would have to be reshipped which will be the cost of postage and that is more than 3 cents.

As for the labor, well, if theoretically 1000 people pay the extra for a protective sleeve or plastic holder, then it would still potentially delay those shipments, now won't it.

As for the labor, well, if theoretically 1000 people pay the extra for a protective sleeve or plastic holder, then it would still potentially delay those shipments, now won't it.
I can tell you right now, 1000 people are not buying a sleeve or holder for these, and even if they do, I'm sure the fee LRG will be charging, won't be anywhere near 3 cents per card. Whatever they do charge, I'm sure cost, time and effort will be included, so no money will be lost by them, for those who actually want to pay for a protective sleeve for a "card" that cost pennies on the dollar to begin with.

lol the cost is .03 per card. If you're going to give away something for free, you should make sure it at least arrives in good condition. Otherwise, there will be people complaining theirs got damaged in transit and want a replacement which will add more to the cost since a replacement card would have to be reshipped which will be the cost of postage and that is more than 3 cents.

It's 3.58 (if you really want to break it down, it's technically 4 cents a card, since you'd round up and not down) cents a card, and there's at least 4000 cards that will need to be covered by this cost., which still adds up to at least $143.20 as I mentioned before.

The real solution to the complaints of people who got them damage is to not replace them, because it's free to begin with anyways, so if you were really concerned about them losing money, then that would actually be the better way to decrease their costs. Or the other option is to stop offering free things because people just complain and whine about it anyways, which would also decrease their costs considerably, as they've already done with the stickers and postcards.

It's not about the shipment delay, it's about the cost. If 1000 people pay extra for those sleeves, then LRG is getting extra for those 1000 sleeves they have to put on the cards, so naturally the service is being paid for. If they're getting paid more to do this, then why wouldn't they? If they were getting paid nothing to do more, then why should they?

I'm not sure why you are continuously making such pompous remarks about the way they should run things, but to be honest, I'm not sure this is all really worth the effort to care this much about something that is, again, free. At the end of the day, I can't believe we're spending this much time talking about a stupid cover on a card that's probably not even that great, and is just a card. This ain't a Black Lotus. We don't need to have it in mint condition, encased into a glass display to maintain it's value. It's just a regular card.

Those sleeves aren't gonna protect those cards from anything outside of surface scuffing. Expect to get cards that are gonna be bent or have corner damage. If you want the trading cards to arrive with no damage, you're gonna have to use something like this at a minimum. 

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Super-Premium-Toploader/dp/B00095M5C2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499203614&sr=8-1&keywords=trading+card+protector 

But I'll take the trading cards over post cards any day. I actually didn't care for post cards since they were too big to fit into any Vita protective bags/boxes. 

The protective cases we'll have are the hard plastic ones. Haven't broken down the costs yet but adding one will probably only be $0.50. If you're concerned about damage, that'd be the route to go. If you regularly get games shipped in boxes, though, you probably don't need any protection.

Well at least now I'll be easily able to tell what goes with what game as I constantly kept mixing up the stickers. :lol:
Amen to that, as I had to do some research awhile back to match all mine up correctly. LOL

Now when they show up, I make sure to keep the stickers and post cards with each game. Or I just slap a post-it note on the backs.

The protective cases we'll have are the hard plastic ones. Haven't broken down the costs yet but adding one will probably only be $0.50. If you're concerned about damage, that'd be the route to go. If you regularly get games shipped in boxes, though, you probably don't need any protection.
Nice, that's definitely reasonable.

Amen to that, as I had to do some research awhile back to match all mine up correctly. LOL

Now when they show up, I make sure to keep the stickers and post cards with each game. Or I just slap a post-it note on the backs.
is there a site with the pics of stickers, postcards, and numberings in a checklist?

is there a site with the pics of stickers, postcards, and numberings in a checklist?
I can make an unofficial imgur album of all the LRG cards and stickers after work today. I'll just need someone send me pics of 1 card and about 3 stickers.

Those sleeves aren't gonna protect those cards from anything outside of surface scuffing. Expect to get cards that are gonna be bent or have corner damage. If you want the trading cards to arrive with no damage, you're gonna have to use something like this at a minimum.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Super-Premium-Toploader/dp/B00095M5C2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499203614&sr=8-1&keywords=trading+card+protector

But I'll take the trading cards over post cards any day. I actually didn't care for post cards since they were too big to fit into any Vita protective bags/boxes.
You actually need both depending on card stock thickness. But these are free, so I'm not too worried. Would be cool if they shipped ultra-rare variants in cases, though.

you probably don't need any protection.
That, sir, is why I have two kids

Thanks for the peek! The art looks good and if that numbering is gold that's even better.

mDLLOv1.jpg

Will you be going back and doing cards for previous games? I think that would be cool. I'd buy a pack of uhh like 50 or however many games have dropped so far so I could have a uniform set.

Will you be going back and doing cards for previous games? I think that would be cool. I'd buy a pack of uhh like 50 or however many games have dropped so far so I could have a uniform set.
We might do a pack of cards for Xmas of previous releases!

I'm actually sad to see the stickers and post card things go.

And also bummed I can't get a complete set of the new cards unless I buy two copies of each game. Kinda lame and I think it encourages flipping.

https://twitter.com/oprainfall/status/881242625151467522

I see LRG commented on this already, but man this would be so sweet if it happens! Good luck!

What? Digital only? Why is this still a thing? Hopefully they change their minds or someone like LRG can release it. I was looking forward to Last Recode, but if it's digital only, then I won't be getting it :(

What? Digital only? Why is this still a thing? Hopefully they change their minds or someone like LRG can release it. I was looking forward to Last Recode, but if it's digital only, then I won't be getting it :(
Agreed. If its Digital only i wont be getting it. Hopefully LRG pulls through.

We should start calling it what it is: rental only games.  Use it in daily conversation until it saturates the mainstream that digital = rental games.

We should start calling it what it is: rental only games. Use it in daily conversation until it saturates the mainstream that digital = rental games.
DRM free digital games are not rentals. There are plenty of recent physical games that require massive day one patches to even work, so your distinction is meaningless if the intention is to describe games that can easily be played well into the future assuming the hardware still works.

I'm actually sad to see the stickers and post card things go.

And also bummed I can't get a complete set of the new cards unless I buy two copies of each game. Kinda lame and I think it encourages flipping.
We're producing ~10% extra of each card, you can get a complete set without buying multiples. Just wait for packs at the end of the year and trade duplicates with others for stuff you need. The reason we have multiple cards for each game is so that there is actually something to trade for. I've never liked "trading" cards that come in a complete set wherein trading isn't necessary. I always liked trading my cards with friends as a kid so I wanted to make sure that was a possibility with our cards.

We're producing ~10% extra of each card, you can get a complete set without buying multiples. Just wait for packs at the end of the year and trade duplicates with others for stuff you need. The reason we have multiple cards for each game is so that there is actually something to trade for. I've never liked "trading" cards that come in a complete set wherein trading isn't necessary. I always liked trading my cards with friends as a kid so I wanted to make sure that was a possibility with our cards.
And thats a perfect place to re-mention the trading thread for LRG stuff.... now not just about games :D

Can I get a Wonder Boy CE guaranteed reserved and avoid the rush that morning if I send you pics of my Master System playing a Wonder Boy cartridge in RGB on a PVM?

:3

Anyone can create a listing. He doesn't have the games yet nor have them ordered. We've tried to track the guy down but he doesn't exist in our system.

In for all 3 new games.  Passed on the Oddworld vinyl though it looks really cool.  Just not a vinyl collector myself.

Chris sure gets his copies shipped fast.
Warp speed Mr. Sulu. You never seen that shipping option before?;-)

On a serious note why did I just buy a $40 record? At 10:03 I was half way dragging my feet hoping it would sell out before I completed the order. ;-)

Decided at the last minute to pick up Rive.

Bard's Gold is a great game. I bought it when it released and played it and beat it a bunch of times.

I've seen everything there is to see in the game but it was very fun.

Oceanhorn and Monster Boy are my two most anticipated games that I know are releasing soon.

I hoping on the same day. :pray:

When are you guys going to release Forma.8?
Is it going to be anytime soon?

I'm really interested in this one but its on sale on PSN for $5.99.
I may just have to buy the digital version and skip the physical release.

I've been really wanting to play it. I can wait if I can get a release window.

bread's done
Back