Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I was iffy on Plague Road. (lack of critical praise or reviews in general) But when I was researching these games I found out that both titles have PSTV support. So I decided to make it a Vita day, and got both of them on Vita instead of PS4.

Picked up Oceanhorn Vita. Couldn't pass up owning LRG #69.
120db64c-7dc2-4e38-97e6-965cd496958b.gif

Today makes me worry about night trap.  I know they will be selling more numbers for that, but its going to be a blood bath!  I am going to be posted up staring at the countdown timer that day.

now let's take a chill pill and calm down a bit. Let's not forget what LRG is doing for the indie gaming community. I buy a type of clothing sometimes that reminds me of LRG. But stuff sells out in 8 seconds. If I don't get something I want I move on. I like the exclusivity of stuff. And it's nice they give two chances. I almost always get something in the afternoon if I've missed it in the mornin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great for shoes or shirts and random nick nacks but many had or have complete sets years before LRG came around. Then LRG shows up and created this huge risk of endangering those complete sets and created a lot of anxiety and drama. It's stressful as hell being 30s away from your 100% library being forever stuck at 99% because of one company.

Anyone who started collecting Vita or PS4 after LRG is pretty much screwed from ever aspiring to a complete set now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was tempted to pick up a second copy of both games since my friend only wanted a set, but after thinking it over a bit, it was probably a safer bet to not get pulled back in again to avoid the madness that is LRG Fridays.

Still going to get in on a few upcoming must get titles, but that's about it.

What time do the releases become available on the website?

Around 900 am ET?

Thanks!
They do 2 times. 10am ET for the first batch, and 6pm ET for the second. you have a chance to get both games that go on sale at both times. But like most commenters here say, these things sell out fast so you may want to create your account early, and log in a couple mins ahead of those times for the best chances

They do 2 times. 10am ET for the first batch, and 6pm ET for the second. you have a chance to get both games that go on sale at both times. But like most commenters here say, these things sell out fast so you may want to create your account early, and log in a couple mins ahead of those times for the best chances
Beat me to it. :eek:

I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on some of these titles, as I'm just as surprised as LRG when some last, while others don't. But the OceanHorn limit was discussed here, and most of us thought it should have been "1" for both times, as we knew this would go fast.

Still, offering 2 in the am, and 1 in the pm has also been a decent strategy for LRG, as no matter what, the morning run just creates hype for the afternoon, so then dropping that helps more get in on it, but also insures these don't sit around.

Today makes me worry about night trap. I know they will be selling more numbers for that, but its going to be a blood bath! I am going to be posted up staring at the countdown timer that day.
I'm not to worried about getting NT, as I'll only be going for one game on that day, and just 1 copy to boot, so even if it last a minute, that should be more than enough time(I hope). LOL

Wow so this is the first time I have had an issue with the site. Got the games in the cart and then could not checkout. I did not get anything. Have every Vita game they have made ordered directly from them. I really don't want to go to the secondary market, but Oceanhorn was near the top of my list for a copy. I should have checked out when Plague Road was not loading...
They limited the quantity of Oceanhorn to 1 per person per platform in the evening batch so you should have a decent shot at getting it if you sign in and buy it right at 6pm EST.

I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on some of these titles, as I'm just as surprised as LRG when some last, while others don't. But the OceanHorn limit was discussed here, and most of us thought it should have been "1" for both times, as we knew this would go fast.

Still, offering 2 in the am, and 1 in the pm has also been a decent strategy for LRG, as no matter what, the morning run just creates hype for the afternoon, so then dropping that helps more get in on it, but also insures these don't sit around.

I'm not to worried about getting NT, as I'll only be going for one game on that day, and just 1 copy to boot, so even if it last a minute, that should be more than enough time(I hope). LOL
I actually don't mind that strategy, as if people are willing to be here early, they should get the benefit of getting an extra copy if they please, particularly for people on the West Coast (ugh).

Once it's limit 1 per in the afternoon, it's much more civil, and tame, so seems to work out.

Rabbid buyers are morning people anyways since they're more likely nocturnal, and crash and burn out after purchasing in the morning. :D

Actually there was a post this morning on one of the forums by LRG indicating that "The Bunker" may be paired with Night Trap to do a theme. There's also the documentary Blu Ray at the same time, so hopefully LRG does a bundle. Still, 8,000 copies is a lot.

Anyone else having issues checking out with Paypal during the morning rush? Tried to check out and Paypal says I was logged out for inactivity. Of course, once Oceanhorn is sold out, I have no problems...

I sat out this week, gotta save for those wonder boy and night trap releases.

I own a cib night trap for sega cd/32x so this is a most exciting release for me.

Anyone else having issues checking out with Paypal during the morning rush? Tried to check out and Paypal says I was logged out for inactivity. Of course, once Oceanhorn is sold out, I have no problems...
Yep, Shopify had same lag issues during Paypal checkout, probably as a result of getting slammed this morning by all the people.

My checkout took forever too, but I lucked out that everything went through without a hitch.

I only ever go for one. I feel like most people who buy two copies are likely going to scalp it (excluding those who have mentioned they are getting a copy for a friend of course). If it's a game I want to play I always buy (or already) have the digital version. Why wouldn't you...its usually cheaper. Will be doing this with NT too.

The only issue I've had regarding releases has been the purchase limits between the AM and PM batches.

It just makes it feel like the AM is for the 'super hardcore collector' and the PM is a pity party for the 'filthy casuals'. The PM customers shouldn't be punished/deprived for shopping later.

Sorry, but I feel limits should be the same for each time frame...

The only issue I've had regarding releases has been the purchase limits between the AM and PM batches.

It just makes it feel like the AM is for the 'super hardcore collector' and the PM is a pity party for the 'filthy casuals'. The PM customers shouldn't be punished/deprived for shopping later.

Giant Robo probably one of my if not the most favorite OVAs ever!

I'd gotten hooked on it when Lunar II Sega CD was still new in stores. :p

The music, the emotion, drama, tragedy, etc It's pretty much my gold standard for anime the way Final Fantasy IV is still for JRPGs.

And one of the few if not only where the official English dub is superior to the Japanese voicing.

Sad thing is I am tempted to buy from him to avoid stewing about this all day, but no combined shipping. If Oceanhorn pops up under $50 for Vita before the next wave I guess I am going to just go for it.
This seems really stupid. At 5 minutes to release this afternoon, sign into paypal in one tab. Then open another tab and sign into LRG and add the shipping box to your cart. Leave the main home page open and at exactly 3 PST click on the game page. Add it to cart, checkout via paypal (already signed in, so you can skip all of that part) and you're done in about 30 seconds. These games are not hard to get.

So what's the deal on Wonder Boy and Night Trap? Two total period including CE? Two standard + one CE?

Just curious how to handle getting one of each on the cover art.

These are the first LRG games to have a separate collector edition and and reversible cover.  I don't see the usual wording on the collector edition that you can only get one standard if you get the CE.

Is there any way to ensure getting both sealed cover variants if you get the CE?

This seems really stupid. At 5 minutes to release this afternoon, sign into paypal in one tab. Then open another tab and sign into LRG and add the shipping box to your cart. Leave the main home page open and at exactly 3 PST click on the game page. Add it to cart, checkout via paypal (already signed in, so you can skip all of that part) and you're done in about 30 seconds. These games are not hard to get.
Actually this is the first time I have not been able to get a release in the morning. Have always just paid with a credit card since it seems like people were having paypal issues at the beginning.

I am afraid of Cosmic Star Heroine release now...

Actually there was a post this morning on one of the forums by LRG indicating that "The Bunker" may be paired with Night Trap to do a theme. There's also the documentary Blu Ray at the same time, so hopefully LRG does a bundle. Still, 8,000 copies is a lot.
I'm not a PS4 collector currently, so the Bunker won't be an issue for me. I'm a fan of NT, so I'm going to try for the CE of that, and leave whatever else to the masses.

What's the documentary that is being sold? As I didn't know about that.

Glad I only wanted Oceanhorn. Had I added Oceanhorn to my cart and then waited over a minute to add Plague road, only to see Oceanhorn sell out while I was in the checkout process, I would have been pissed. It's crazy that this stuff sells out so fast that you literally have to make a strategic decision on whether you can risk buying both. I won't fault LRG for the low quantity, we have been over that before in this thread, but they need to ensure that when they are selling multiple games, they go "live" at the same time.  

Glad I only wanted Oceanhorn. Had I added Oceanhorn to my cart and then waited over a minute to add Plague road, only to see Oceanhorn sell out while I was in the checkout process, I would have been pissed. It's crazy that this stuff sells out so fast that you literally have to make a strategic decision on whether you can risk buying both. I won't fault LRG for the low quantity, we have been over that before in this thread, but they need to ensure that when they are selling multiple games, they go "live" at the same time.
I was waiting, and I almost pulled the trigger, as I wanted Oceanhorn the most, but of course being a cagger, I didn't want to pay shipping twice. But I was just getting ready to when Plague Road finally popped up.

LMAO I think I've seen it all, now.

I'm not a PS4 collector currently, so the Bunker won't be an issue for me. I'm a fan of NT, so I'm going to try for the CE of that, and leave whatever else to the masses.

What's the documentary that is being sold? As I didn't know about that.
It's a new documentary that My Life in Gaming did on Night Trap and there is apparently their interview with LRG as an added bonus. I believe it's a Blu Ray that is limited to 1,000 copies through LRG.

It's a new documentary that My Life in Gaming did on Night Trap and there is apparently their interview with LRG as an added bonus. I believe it's a Blu Ray that is limited to 1,000 copies through LRG.
Exactly this, you can check their Twitter as well they posted it there
Yeah, I just watched that the other day when they released it. It was cool to see some behind the scenes stuff in to NT, and how it came about, and was almost never released.

I'm not really in to Blu-Ray collecting, but I guess this will be a cool bonus item to go along with the CE, so I may grab it.

Will someone care to explain to me the free upgrade of the shipping box?

I ordered both versions of Oceanhorn but I uh... Forgot to put to put the shipping box in my cart lol.

Listing for the box says "more than two games" and the criteria basically says to order the box if it's < 2 PS4 games (in my case, it's a single PS4 and single Vita).

I guess what my question really is, has anyone been auto upgraded to a shipping box for an order that was just 1 PS4 and 1 Vita game?

Will someone care to explain to me the free upgrade of the shipping box?

I ordered both versions of Oceanhorn but I uh... Forgot to put to put the shipping box in my cart lol.

Listing for the box says "more than two games" and the criteria basically says to order the box if it's &lt; 2 PS4 games (in my case, it's a single PS4 and single Vita).

I guess what my question really is, has anyone been auto upgraded to a shipping box for an order that was just 1 PS4 and 1 Vita game?
Yes if you order two or more games and at least one is PS4 you will automatically get a box.

Yes if you order two or more games and at least one is PS4 you will automatically get a box.
I need to keep this in mind. I have been adding it to every single order just to be safe. I'm not dealing with these limited games being shipped in a padded envelope and arriving with creases / indents in the cover art.

Can't wait for next week. Finally something I really want from LRG again with Wonderboy! Then Night Trap the week after! Hoping to see Ys soon as well.

Oceanhorn went fast. Wonder if they'll drop the limit to 1 per customer for the afternoon batch.

They are, they just posted it on Twitter.
Looking forward to this as I missed getting in on Oceanhorn this morning I would have bought 2 of each just to have extra for trading for other things I missed/will miss, but I will be happy if I can snag 1 of each version this afternoon.

Edit: CSH is going to be a $hit$how

Edit: CSH is going to be a $hit$how
Well, I'm hoping those will be at least 5000 per console, or some higher level numbers that prevent any issues. But yeah, a SS might be the order of the day. But it wouldn't be the first, and damn sure won't be the last. LOL

Good to know. I opened a ticket an hour ago, waiting for an official response to be sure.

I need to keep this in mind. I have been adding it to every single order just to be safe. I'm not dealing with these limited games being shipped in a padded envelope and arriving with creases / indents in the cover art.
Awhile ago when the altatac seller on eBay was giving killer deals, I ordered an Attack On Titan from them and it arrived to me in the shape of a boomerang.... That was a first.

Good to know. I opened a ticket an hour ago, waiting for an official response to be sure.
It's been confirmed several times in the past in this thread, and extensively, so there wasn't a need to open that ticket.

The only time it doesn't happen is when they have a new shipping staff doing it, and doesn't know the protocol, but other than that, it'll arrive in a box.

bread's done
Back