Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Disappointed to see another title coming on the 18th, and a kiddie mobile title as well. Thought there might actually be a break.

Is it pretty much confirmed most Fridays until 2018 will have a release? Wish we could get a reasonable estimate on how many games are on the docket for the rest of the year.

It's not likely there will be many breaks for the remainder of this year as we work to release all the older stuff we'd signed. This is what I've been saying about having too many games ready to manufacture at the same time. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury to space releases out like we'd want. Reducing the games we're signing will ultimately alleviate this issue and hopefully let us have a smooth 2018 with very few back-to-back releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be getting the standard edition. I'm actually excited to play this. I watched some of the gameplay on YouTube and it looks really good.
Agreed. I bought Oceanhorn because it looked cool, but my excitement for Wonderboy is much higher. Being able to switch to the SMS graphics engine mid-game is a really cool feature and something I'm looking forward to as well.

Just a heads up - big surprise from Nexon - even the standard edition LawBreakers copies will come with a digital code. We can only send out ~1,200 mail-merged codes per day, so it's not likely that people will receive them until a few days after launch, but this is still a HUGE value add for the physical release.

Nah, I know those. But looking at the most recent releases, I didn't recognize at least half of them: Plague Road, Oceanhorn, Neurovoider, Drive Drive Drive, Bard's Gold, Deemo. It's been more of a problem lately, and the list of upcoming games without dates is full of similarly obscure stuff. Croixleur Sigma? Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria? YIIK, Fault Milestone One, World End Economica, and Narcissu?

I'm not saying any of them are bad, because I have literally no idea what any of them are (the especially absurd-sounding ones I'm guessing are visual novels), and in most cases they would likely just disappear into the ether. I also understand why for niche audiences they would like a physical copy -- I bought New N Tasty because I really like Oddworld, and The Silver Case because I really like Suda 51.
Bolded: Reminds me I've been waiting on LRG to bring the Sekai Project VNs for a while. I am hoping they can eventually bring them all to Vita. I'd buy every last one.

Just a heads up - big surprise from Nexon - even the standard edition LawBreakers copies will come with a digital code. We can only send out ~1,200 mail-merged codes per day, so it's not likely that people will receive them until a few days after launch, but this is still a HUGE value add for the physical release.
Wow, great news. Thanks LRG and Nexon. Definitely picking it up tomorrow.

I just got an email about Jotun shipping. It was strange. Explained that it was a busy time for having a game manufactured and that it was in the queue. Then said that it wasn't an issue. I'm glad that was cleared up because I've been worried about how busy Sony is with manufacturing AAA fall hits...

Hey Doom, just printed out the ticket redemption form.  Mail in 40 tickets and I'll get a coupon code that will let me reserve a future release when it's announced?

I just got an email about Jotun shipping. It was strange. Explained that it was a busy time for having a game manufactured and that it was in the queue. Then said that it wasn't an issue. I'm glad that was cleared up because I've been worried about how busy Sony is with manufacturing AAA fall hits...
When we posted this on our forum somebody told us we needed to sue Sony. While you may be rational, others lack your sensibility.

Yeah, customer support will actually coordinate the redemption for you.
Hey, on the subject of that, do you have any info on the 32X variant for Night Trap? I remember it being only for people with 40 tickets, or just the cover itself for 10. Will you also include it randomly for people that buy the standard edition?

Really really interested in getting my hands on the 32X cover...

Hey, on the subject of that, do you have any info on the 32X variant for Night Trap? I remember it being only for people with 40 tickets, or just the cover itself for 10. Will you also include it randomly to people that buy the standard edition?

Really really interested in getting my hands on the 32X cover...
Same curiosity over here. I want the 32X cover and certainly don't have 40 tickets. I think I have 8-9 with 1 having never arrived and a few more to arrive eventually.

can you elaborate on this?
https://ctrlq.org/docs/20177-email-sending-limit

This may not be what they are using exactly, the premise should be the same. There is a limit to the number of automated customized mail that can be sent per day.

In this case described, potentially you have a maximum of 1500 mail merge emails that can be sent per day. That is, an email template that can use variables drawn from a spreadsheet (e.g. PSN codes for LawBreakers) to populate data in an email.

can you elaborate on this?
If they have 3600 orders, then it would take 3 days to send all codes. Depending on where you may be in that 3600, you may get it on launch day, or the third day in.

This was just an example, as I don't know the specific numbers for this release, but just divide the total amount by 1200, and you'll know how many days it may take to get the codes out to the buyers.

If they have 3600 orders, then it would take 3 days to send all codes. Depending on where you may be in that 3600, you may get it on launch day, or the third day in.

This was just an example, as I don't know the specific numbers for this release, but just divide the total amount by 1200, and you'll know how many days it may take to get the codes out to the buyers.
8,000 copies total. Presumably CE takes precedence over SE, but who knows.

Could take a week to receive your code.

8,000 copies total. Presumably CE takes precedence over SE, but who knows.
I'm hoping that the 1200 limit is just for the standard editions, as the previous note for the CE codes implied they would all get it on release day, so yeah...

If the 1200 limit includes the CE codes, then there's probably going to be a problem for a lot of people considering it could take up to a week to get a code to play an online only game.

I'm hoping that the 1200 limit is just for the standard editions, as the previous note for the CE codes implied they would all get it on release day, so yeah...

If the 1200 limit includes the CE codes, then there's probably going to be a problem for a lot of people considering it could take up to a week to get a code to play an online only game.
The 1,200 limit is a software capability thing. This will include CE. CE may take precedence over SE, like I was speculating.

The game releases on the 8th, not tomorrow. So that gives them 4 days to get codes out before release. They could easily make sure all CE codes are in that first 4,800 codes. Actually if they are using the Mail Merge system, they could get 6,000 codes out before the 8th since the daily reset is at 1pm, they could send out the first 1,200 codes before 1pm and then after 1pm send out another 1,200 codes, etc, with 6th set going out after 1pm day of release.

The 1,200 limit is a software capability thing. This will include CE. CE may take precedence over SE, like I was speculating.

The game releases on the 8th, not tomorrow. So that gives them 4 days to get codes out before release. They could easily make sure all CE codes are in that first 4,800 codes. Actually if they are using the Mail Merge system, they could get 6,000 codes out before the 8th since the daily reset is at 1pm, they could send out the first 1,200 codes before 1pm and then after 1pm send out another 1,200 codes, etc, with 6th set going out after 1pm day of release.
It opens up on Steam on the 7th, so the LRG date may be wrong, but that should still give them enough time for the CEs to get their codes at least, and the remaining standard editions with a 2-3 day wait period after release, which is not nearly as bad as up to a week, so works out I guess.

For some reason I thought this game was out tomorrow, but that's probably as a result of the lack of fucks I gave for this title, so good to get some clarification.

Will the codes be for the Core edition or the Deluxe edition? Is there a difference based on set purchased (standard or collector's)?

These questions are aimed at Doomstink, or another LRG employee but if you know the answer feel free to chime in:

Will the Wonderboy CE, if ordered by itself, be shipped in a box instead of a bubble mailer?  I'm assuming it will, but you never know.

Also, will it be possible to combine my Jotun order with my Neurovoider order in order to ensure Jotun ships in a box?  I'm assuming just open a help desk ticket for that?

Thanks in advance!

How do the purchase limits work when there are collector's editions? Can I buy both a standard and collector's edition of wonder boy? The SE has a two copy limit, but the CE has a one copy limit.

I'm assuming the collector's editions are handled as completely separate items.

How do the purchase limits work when there are collector's editions? Can I buy both a standard and collector's edition of wonder boy? The SE has a two copy limit, but the CE has a one copy limit.

I'm assuming the collector's editions are handled as completely separate items.
That's my assumption as well. Based on the item description, in your example, you should be able to purchase one of the CE and two of the standard edition without issue.

That's my assumption as well. Based on the item description, in your example, you should be able to purchase one of the CE and two of the standard edition without issue.
In the past I feel like it's been the upper max of both: if the standard has 2 and CE has 1, you can buy 1 CE and 1 standard (upper max of 2 met). Like if they did bundles with OST but the standalone game had a limited of 2, you could buy 1 bundle and 1 standalone for a max of 2. And I think that's how they did it with DBCS on the PS4 but don't quote me on that.

wow Nexon? the korean company that brought Maple Story, War Rock, Kartrider, and Vindictus? i played some of  those.

In the past I feel like it's been the upper max of both: if the standard has 2 and CE has 1, you can buy 1 CE and 1 standard (upper max of 2 met). Like if they did bundles with OST but the standalone game had a limited of 2, you could buy 1 bundle and 1 standalone for a max of 2. And I think that's how they did it with DBCS on the PS4 but don't quote me on that.
Yea, but there is two cover variants (reversible I know). You should be able to buy 2 x standard and 1 x CE.

I sent Doomstink a msg asking to confirm this, but he never responded.

Got an email from LRG regarding Skullgirls.

Production Update!
We wanted to give everyone a production update on our Skullgirls physical release for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. It's been a bumpy ride getting here, but the finish line is finally in sight!

If you weren't already familiar with the situation, Lab Zero Games has been toiling away on patching out all the remaining bugs in the game so that this physical release would be a definitive and archivable piece. It took a lot longer to get to that point than any of us expected, but the final patch has been completed and we're now in the final steps for this!

PlayStation 4:

The PlayStation 4 version has begun manufacturing. Sony is currently in peak season so manufacturing is taking much longer than it usually does. Basically, Sony is busy cranking out all the high-volume AAA fall releases so capacity at the factory is impacted. Due to this, we don't expect to have the final Skullgirls package in-hand until the third or fourth week of September.

Once the game is in-hand, shipping will begin immediately. Anyone who purchased a PlayStation 4 and Vita combo pack will have their PlayStation 4 copy sent out first unless the Vita version passes certification quick enough to arrive from the factory in September.

PlayStation Vita:

The PlayStation Vita build of Skullgirls is currently being tested for certification by Sony. The game needed to be rebuilt from the ground up in order to include the Japanese VO and latest patches on the cartridge. This is a much more involved process than what is required on PlayStation 4. Right now, a release date for the Vita version hinges on the build passing certification. We don't expect this to take much longer, but the process involves testing many components of the game and its Vita functionality. It's possible that the current build could pass or that several iterations may need to be made.

Thank you for your patience regarding this release. We are nearly at the end! Between the beautiful slipcover, reversible cover art, the 56-page manual, and the patch-free builds - this will definitely have been worth the wait.

wow Nexon? the korean company that brought Maple Story, War Rock, Kartrider, and Vindictus? i played some of those.
I played so much maple story. I would play it again if they did a ps4 version. Without thinking twice. I'd be in for a beta version.

Kartrider was fun but so short lived it didn't get a chance to be polished and shine.

It opens up on Steam on the 7th, so the LRG date may be wrong, but that should still give them enough time for the CEs to get their codes at least, and the remaining standard editions with a 2-3 day wait period after release, which is not nearly as bad as up to a week, so works out I guess.

For some reason I thought this game was out tomorrow, but that's probably as a result of the lack of fucks I gave for this title, so good to get some clarification.
Digital Codes begin being sent out on or around August 10th or 11th. 2-3 days after release. This is posted on the SE. The CE sounds like code will be sent at the earliest on the 8th.

Should be an interesting sale today.  I imagine WonderBoy will be a bloodbath (deep rooted fanbase) but Lawbreakers (given the unknown IP and online only) will struggle despite the free digital copy.  Still, both are being sold at fairly decent quantities so maybe WonderBoy won't be as challenging to acquire even though it's one of the major influences for Shantae and we all know how that sold.  Had this included the Switch version (or a Vita version existed) I'd battle out for this but instead I'm relegated to just observe.  Good luck everyone.

0hQyd5L.gif

Should be an interesting sale today. I imagine WonderBoy will be a bloodbath (deep rooted fanbase) but Lawbreakers (given the unknown IP and online only) will struggle despite the free digital copy. Still, both are being sold at fairly decent quantities so maybe WonderBoy won't be as challenging to acquire even though it's one of the major influences for Shantae and we all know how that sold. Had this included the Switch version (or a Vita version existed) I'd battle out for this but instead I'm relegated to just observe. Good luck everyone.
Yeah, I gave up speculating - I would've thought Oceanhorn would be a slow seller and couldn't have been more wrong on that one. The Wonder Boy quantities seem high enough to me that I can't imagine either the CE or standard being hard to obtain, but I guess I won't be surprised if they are instantly gone, either.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass on Wonder Boy today. I really don't collect PS4 games, and while I'm a fan of the series, I would much rather have Night Trap next week, and the buy in for WB CE is just a little on the high side.

I would love to have that poster though, so maybe it can be offered as a stand alone item in the future, and offered with a "rolled" option for shipping as well.

Anyway, good luck to those of you buying this morning, as I know how krazy it can be. I'll be back with dollars in hand next Friday. LOL

Yea, but there is two cover variants (reversible I know). You should be able to buy 2 x standard and 1 x CE.

I sent Doomstink a msg asking to confirm this, but he never responded.
I see, didn't think about that. Like I said, I thought the upper limits carried over but looks like I'm wrong here based on what others have said.

Almost time, best of luck everyone!

If I had bought Wonder Boy digitally, I'd probably pass on it today. I would love a physical copy for Switch, but this will do just fine. Lawbreakers looks interesting too, but I just can't afford to get it today as well with Night Trap right around the corner. 

bread's done
Back