Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I managed to get my CE for Wonder Boy, so I'm very relieved.

Lawbreakers is officially the first LRG title I'm passing on. I doubt I'd even to get play it much before the servers go down... then that disc is useless. If only it came with SOME functioning offline... the ability to LAN, at least.... then I'd buy it.

BUT GODDAMMIT THE ORIGINAL WONDERBOY 3 IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES GODDAMMIT WHY COULDN'T THIS CHECK OUT CORRECTLY

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get my CE for Wonder Boy, so I'm very relieved.

Lawbreakers is officially the first LRG title I'm passing on. I doubt I'd even to get play it much before the servers go down... then that disc is useless. If only it came with SOME functioning offline... the ability to LAN, at least.... then I'd buy it.
Same here. Passing on Lawbreakers in both formats -- something I've never done for a LRG. There is just no reason to buy another Everquest Online Adventures -- discs for online-only games with locked servers are completely worthless in the long run, and the long run is what I'm all about.

I wonder how many of those CE bundles they offered today? There are going to be a shit ton of those LB CE up on Ebay. That may become the new One Way Heroics. LOL

Not sure whether to be happy or mad. I got WB standard and CE but I had to buy that turd LB CE because the WB CE was jacked from my cart.

So will there be any hold up on shipping these like the other batches? is LRG still using the card excuse?

Just wondering if these are going to ship out before the other eight games I'm owed lol.

Also, has anyone got their LB digital code yet? And if so what version did you order?

So will there be any hold up on shipping these like the other batches? is LRG still using the card excuse?

Just wondering if these are going to ship out before the other eight games I'm owed lol.
One great thing about the delays is it hurts the scalpers. When they have to keep telling the buyer just one more week. ;-)

I think Lawbreakers is gonna set a new record for longest in-stock.
The standard version is doing decent, so that shouldn't last the weekend, but the CE is a different story.

Well, I hope LRG doesn't get stuck with inventory they can't get rid of, but I guess they may have had to make a deal with the "devil" to get a release of this caliber, but with it being a digital only title, passing it over may have been a better bet, as this isn't really preserving anything in the long run. So I personally didn't see the point of it, but there is a decent amount of items included within the CE, so for those who play and enjoy the game, this set may be worth their time.

The standard version is doing decent, so that shouldn't last the weekend, but the CE is a different story.
Funny that CE listing has all of these 'Value' breakdowns to make it seem like a great deal.

If they did value breakdowns on some other games they'd have to say 'Free with PS+'

The LRG game I wanted most was One Way Heroics, having imported and struggled with the Japanese version. I bought the LRG version instantly, so I didn't even notice it wasn't in demand until now.

I think LRG should release a companion Lawbreakers game in the future: Server Edition, allowing you to run actual server code for LAN play and split-screen couch mode.

As it is, you only get half the game right now: the client portion. I buy discs for complete games.

The LRG game I wanted most was One Way Heroics, and I bought it instantly, so I didn't even notice it was over-sold until now.

I think LRG should release a companion Lawbreakers game in the future: Server Edition, allowing you to run actual server code for LAN play and split-screen couch mode.

As it is, you only get half the game right now: the client portion. I buy discs for complete games.
You do understand that they only publish these games, don't you?

I wonder how many of those CE bundles they offered today? There are going to be a shit ton of those LB CE up on Ebay. That may become the new One Way Heroics. LOL
I would be really curious to know this as well but I'm guessing answering it would be a no win situation. Their reasoning was the bundle was done to price out scalpers- if that's the case then:

a) a high number will back up their claims but will result in more accusations of Gamestopping (to move unwanted items by bundling it with something of high demand), which is backed up by the fact that both editions are still in ample stock well after WB sold out), or

b) a low number will avoid accusations of Gamestopping but then raise questions of "what's the point" and/or "it wasn't enough to stop scalpers".

They've had games last for over 24 hours before, I believe. And then still had tons of copies left to send in blind boxes. I feel like Thomas Was Alone and One Way Heroics Mystery Chronicles were the two games that lasted quite a while. I was shocked by TWA but One Way had a demo out just before release and it was simply awful.

They will be listing more CEs and SEs tomorrow because of multiple orders, FYI for those who missed out.

The bundles historically are to alleviate anxiety for hardcore collectors who buy everything anyway and fear something selling out when adding other items to cart one at a time.  But I can't imagine there being 500+ or whatever the bundle count was.

I picked up a standard Lawbreakers for completeness sake, no interest in the CE.

For what it's worth I also didn't get the CE for what was it... Second Son or Watch Dogs or something which was very similar in that the CE was mostly some papers and stickers and patches and such.

Also Western online macho versus game... There's millions of those, I've grown sick of them. But I'm pretty much forced to buy at least a standard copy with LRG stabbing the harpoon deep into all the prior established full set collectors that were doing just fine in the 3 years before LRG came along and started getting crazy with all the excessive releases and variants.

I'm still hanging on but I wonder how many aspiring full USA set collectors have gotten perma screwed and/or just given up on PS4/Vita collecting exclusively because of LRG?  They really stirred up a shit storm in that regard.

It seems like Lawbreakers may be the first of many games to miss the mark, and not because it is online only (look at the vanilla sales). The collectors have had enough. If LRG sell 5-10k copies a week, that makes the library as a whole far from Limited. In fact, they are one of the best selling and most successful publishers around right now. More LRG games have sold than copies of Digimon World Next Order.

They've seen how much they can get away with. They know how many weeks are in a year, they know they have a 90 day window to sell the games, and they know how many games they've signed. This busy schedule wasn't an accident - it was them exploiting collectors. We'll see how many other 3rd party or Special Reserve Games they end up doing moving forward.

The anything and everything bubble has burst. They must rely on quality titles, spaced out for the collectors to keep up, otherwise Lawbreakers will happen again and again.

They will be listing more CEs and SEs tomorrow because of multiple orders, FYI for those who missed out.
Has this ever happened before? I mean, I'm sure they've had multiple order cancellations but have they ever re-listed a batch b/c of it? I can't imagine there were so many that they had to re-list copies and if they do, I can't imagine it'll be a lot.

Lots of odd things going on with this run.:whistle2:k

I'm still hanging on but I wonder how many aspiring full set collectors have given up on PS4/Vita because of LRG? They really stirred up a shit storm in that regard.
No kidding. An antithetical lack of support for the very people who support physical releases the most.

No kidding. An antithetical lack of support for the very people who support physical releases the most.
I'm imaging hundreds of collectors who have enthusiastically maintained a current PS4 and PSV full set collection from launch day for years with no problems until LRG came along and basically made it impossible for many.

#feelsbadman for USA collectors.

I mean it always get's shitty around the August/September months but unlike LRG you can backlog them and pick them up on clearance later in the year to catch up.

I'm imaging hundreds of collectors who have enthusiastically maintained a current PS4 and PSV full set collection from launch day for years with no problems until LRG came along and basically made it impossible for many.

#feelsbadman for USA collectors.

I mean it get's shitty around the August/September months but unlike LRG you can backlog them and pick them up on clearance later in the year to catch up.
Full PS4 collection, F that noise!

Has this ever happened before? I mean, I'm sure they've had multiple order cancellations but have they ever re-listed a batch b/c of it? I can't imagine there were so many that they had to re-list copies and if they do, I can't imagine it'll be a lot.

Lots of odd things going on with this run. :whistle2:k
The first handful of titles offered had doubles canceled, and they offered them within a few weeks each time. Then once they grew bigger, and the cancelled amounts got smaller, they opted to release them on one specific day later on(BF deals). But yeah, in the beginning, this was actually the norm.

The first handful of titles offered had doubles canceled, and they offered them within a few weeks each time. Then once they grew bigger, and the cancelled amounts got smaller, they opted to release them on one specific day later on(BF deals). But yeah, in the beginning, this was actually the norm.
Doubles were allowed this morning on the regulars. So what are they canceling? Think we had bot mania this morning and multiple orders or regret on the CE bundles?

Full PS4 collection, F that noise!
And they want to do Switch too. Just praying Sony officially closes Vita cart production before Nintendo lets LRG do Switch games or we are going to eventually be in a situation where have a single release day where we have 3 games but on 19 different platforms with 2+ cover variants each and just... UGH all from ONE publisher 4 times a month.

Vita is supposed to be done, and Wii U and 3DS are both supposed to go away and consolidate to Switch. But here we are now with PS4, Vita, Wii U, 3DS, Switch, and probably PS5 and PS6 before Vita games stop and have a final physical release count.

At least ShooterBox I only do exclusives, so that's all of like 12 games in 3+ years lol.

But enough if enough.

And all the companies supporting this KNOW it too! They know people are moving on to PS4/XBO/Switch now but also know they won't let go of their 100% Vita or Wii U go to 99.9% either so lets keep releasing the same game on EVERY obsolete platform and screwing everyone's previously complete sets because its a free guaranteed sale. Then throw cover variants on top of it.

The collector exploiting is real.

I was really looking forward to a break by consolidating everything into two platforms (PS4 + Switch) but this whole collector thing has blown up and gone mainstream and everybody wants a slice of the pie now and won't let old systems die. Because all these people jumping on the collector/limited run bandwagon know people have too much invested at this point to allow their complete collection on EOL platforms to suddenly go incomplete this late into it.

Vita is a prime example of a market that only exists because of collectors and people only continue making games for it knowing that collectors have to get them to stay complete. Cover variants and convention exclusives are just rubbing it in your face at this point.

Doubles were allowed this morning on the regulars. So what are they canceling? Think we had bot mania this morning and multiple orders or regret on the CE bundles?
I would assume the orders where people not only bought 2 vanilla copies and the CE but then went on to purchase the bundles as well. My guess there is more than a couple that did this.

I would assume the orders where people not only bought 2 vanilla copies and the CE but then went on to purchase the bundles as well. My guess there is more than a couple that did this.
Or people new to LRG that thought they could get away with multiple orders of 1 CE + 2 SE but using different cards same address or same card different addresses, etc. and wouldn't notice. Or just disregarded limits altogether.

Or people new to LRG that thought they could get away with multiple orders of 1 CE + 2 SE but using different cards same address or same card different addresses, etc. and wouldn't notice. Or just disregarded limits altogether.
Was that against the rules

And they want to do Switch too. Just praying Sony officially closes Vita cart production before Nintendo lets LRG do Switch games or we are going to eventually be in a situation where have a single release day where we have 3 games but on 19 different platforms with 2+ cover variants each and just... UGH all from ONE publisher 4 times a month.
For ports made by same dev team using same engine on multiple consoles, just pick the best one. (i.e., not Switch because Switch doesn't let you transfer save files!). If it's unknown which format is better in the long run (3D vs video-out; optical disc vs cart; ease of finding the hardware in the future), only then make exceptions in some cases. The worst choice for me would be 3DS vs Vita vs PS4. Switch and Microsoft-anything will never be my main format.

LRG could safely add Switch and Xbox One for all I care :p

bread's done
Back