Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Last minute decided I don't need the CE and ordered the standard edition without issue. Much easier than WonderBoy last week, which I got in the PM due to issues during the AM. 

Woo got my one single copy of Night Trap ordered. Nothing to be too excited about, but I'm pumped. Next game night with my friends is gonna be sick.

Ordered the limited-edition right away as not to lose out. Then went back to try to get the regular addition to use as my play copy I was surprised that was sold out first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complete joke. Was logged in to Paypal in a different tab a couple minutes before 10, added to cart, waited in their queue thing and eventually when it finished I got a message telling me "due to inactivity, we have logged you out as a security measure" and no option to log back in. I went to the Paypal tab and refreshed and I was still logged in.  Naturally, out of stock now. 

Got one CE of Night Trap and one copy of The Bunker.  I actually was stuck in line until after 10:01 so it was a close call.

By the way, everyone saw this quick under 2 minute sellout coming yet LRG refused to limit it to one per order.  Not really sure why if they want to get these items in as many people's hands as possible.

Got what I wanted- again had to wait in line but was much faster than WB last week.

By my estimation: CE sold out just over a minute, standard gone in 2 minutes and Vinyl last just over 2 minutes. 

It was on purpose, check twitter
Really annoyed they did this. They need to fix the error on their site where some games only show up on the front page and not the Games tab. Was refreshing the Games tab for a good 30 seconds before I remembered that this happened to me once before and refreshed the main page. By that time I had missed out on everything (PS4 versions).

First Limited Run purchase. Thanks to everyone for saying you should be logged into Paypal before things go live. Never played Night Trap and excited to get my chance.

First time trying to buy from Limited Run Games. Probably will be the last. They killed the CE product on the actual page so I had to backtrack for the URL.

And then because it was my first time ordering, had to set up basic info at the last screen AFTER Paypal. And then after that screen I got the "SOLD OUT" notification. What's the point of waiting in line if I'm not given at least a few minutes of guaranteed product?

You're basically forced/strongly encouraged to save your payment info directly to the site.

Idiotic system.

Missed out on the CE because the page 404ed. What a garbage system. I look forward to the mental gymnastics people are gonna employ to justify this one.

but guys what about the PC version 
pepepe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First time buying from LSG. Got in and out in less than a minute for one of the regular Night Trap. Didn't want to be greedy so just got the one regular edition. Have a 3DO version so it will be nice to have this remastered version to play.

Well i went through check-out and it kicked me out at the last check out screen...weird.
sadly this was a problem last week... but at least they noted that it would Still be a problem today. (in the email, they basically say, make an account, and log in early (last week for wonder boy I couldn't log in even 10 minutes before, so I logged in an hour ahead.)) It's sadly a game of fastest to click on the button, and check out.

Item in cart? meaningless

Night Trap PS4 standard sold out in 2 minutes ans 42 seconds. So unless you auto fill out everything, you didn't stand a chance. (IT's a TRAP)

Screwed again. Was logged into everything. Clicked through everything. Sold out before the order finalized. Why the hell are they allowing 2 per customer on these things, when they are popular enough to sell out in 2 minutes? I know LRG doesn't give a crap about their customers. They get their money.

When did they add the checkout queue?  I haven't ordered a LRG game in a few months, and never had an issue until now.

Put in cart the second it showed up, hit check out, and it sells out while it makes me wait.  SMH.

Missed out on the CE because the page 404ed. What a garbage system. I look forward to the mental gymnastics people are gonna employ to justify this one.
There is none. If the prospective consumer didn't check the main page, twitter or had the link saved from before, then he/she was screwed out of getting the CE.

They switched one problem for another one, and this was worse. It was just a poor decision to suddenly 404 the page before 10 AM. That should have been announced days in advance.

Added CE, regular, and Bunker, checked out less than 10s, verified order and qualities on order info, then went back to product pages and refreshed again at 95%.  Within comfortable margins.

2.5 minutes is a looooooooong time for something like this.

First Limited Run purchase. Thanks to everyone for saying you should be logged into Paypal before things go live. Never played Night Trap and excited to get my chance.
I've been buying LRG for a while, my first was Saturday Morning RPG. My trick is to log into paypal 5min before. I have 2 computer screens so if 2 releases come up I have 1 on each screen, I F5 ;). I check out with paypal and have my phone number in copy so I can paste it in.

Got one CE of Night Trap and one copy of The Bunker. I actually was stuck in line until after 10:01 so it was a close call.

By the way, everyone saw this quick under 2 minute sellout coming yet LRG refused to limit it to one per order. Not really sure why if they want to get these items in as many people's hands as possible.
I could swore they tweeted NT would only be one per. I got the collectors edition so I'm not complaining but it sucks for people who missed and all the while I'm already seeing eBay listings for $175.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations LRG you have achieved Mondo Poster level of hype. Was all signed in ready to go, added regular version to cart, made it to final page/click by 10:01 literally & they were sold out. Might not bother for 6 pm.

And 2 per of a release like this is fucking bullshit. Make it fair for your long time loyal supporters & true fans.

After the issues I had with Wonder Boy and waiting on PayPal, I'm avoiding PayPal from now on.
Just used the autofill for my card and checkout was a million times faster.

There is none. If the prospective consumer didn't check the main page, twitter or had the link saved from before, then he/she was screwed out of getting the CE.

They switched one problem for another one, and this was worse. It was just a poor decision to suddenly 404 the page before 10 AM. That should have been announced days in advance.
Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it but they literally posted about it 10 minutes before the games went live...

They have done this before but if this was your first time with LRG, I can definitely understand the confusion. I was able to add from the main page/checkout without issue.

For the 6 PM batch, they'll have 2K standrad and 1K CEs of NT... still plenty of copies.

It's a unique experience to say the least, so enjoy your first go round with it. LOL

So ... with so many orders outstanding, will they combine orders and refund shipping if you ask (nicely)?
Doubtful, as that is just to much to try and process and do. If it's done for one, it needs to be done for all, and that ain't gonna happen. Maybe if someone here has a rapport with anyone on their end, you may be able to get a "favor", but these guys have been pretty behind on answering tickets, so I would say it's better off to not even ask, as it's just more clutter they have to deal with.

I separated my orders, so I was lucky enough to get everything I wanted. So I paid shipping twice, and I'm thinking about maybe going back and grabbing the Bunker as well, so then I would be paying 3 times. I'll gladly pay extra shipping cost to get what I want, as well as insuring things are properly sent.

Screwed again. Was logged into everything. Clicked through everything. Sold out before the order finalized. Why the hell are they allowing 2 per customer on these things, when they are popular enough to sell out in 2 minutes? I know LRG doesn't give a crap about their customers. They get their money.
Why do they let people buy 3 copies in a single transaction? Because someone has to scalp this shit on eBay to keep the Limited Run name thriving and exclusive. Duh.

Wanted CE, but didn't know what to do when it disappeared for me. Just ordered PS4 and PC regular versions instead. Had to wait about 30 seconds in line, but managed to get my order through. Early paypal login FTW. Just glad to have gotten a copy. Will be playing this on PC. Not sure if I'll keep or sell my PS4 copy.

Night Trap went on sale at 10am, i check at 10:03 (im at work and had a customer), sold out. Ugh. Ive been waiting months for the special edition of night trap to go live and in 3 friggin min its all gone. I had paypal ready and everything.

Sigh. Anyone manage to get an extra that theyre willing to sell for a reasonably scalped price? Just the special edition for PS4. Not interested in PC or normal edition. Man, I hate that I had to work otherwise I was ready to grab one quick.

Same crap happened with Special Reserve games and their STRAFE special edition. As a physical game collector I wanted them. I just have to forget these sites exist I guess. I just didn't want either game digitally. And knowing a physical exists. I just can't buy it digitally.

Got stuff going on in the afternoon. So I guess I'm out of luck. I hope this company can figure out their crap - not a great first impression.

Wasn't able to get a copy of NT in time thanks to the last-minute changes - was refreshing the store page and by the time the actual product was added back it was too late. Didn't know they were removing the listing for the CE. Went for the normal edition afterward and it was sold out too. I'll try again for a normal edition in the second batch, but with the CE shenanigans this morning I'm fine getting a standard.

Also, I noticed the NT CEs are numbered now - if LRG is still looking into scalpers (a la our beloved Chris), they should be able to trace the numbers to orders. Not sure if they care enough, but we'll see what happens.

Also we can all see that Bunker wont sell out too too quickly. I mainly bought it cause it was a FMV game and I was like what the hell add to cart as well.

Added CE, regular, and Bunker, checked out less than 10s, verified order and qualities on order info, then went back to product pages and refreshed again at 95%. Within comfortable margins.

2.5 minutes is a looooooooong time for something like this.
It's the line some of us got stuck in that takes the longest. Everything is logged in and pre-filled.

Why do they let people buy 3 copies in a single transaction? Because someone has to scalp this shit on eBay to keep the Limited Run name thriving and exclusive. Duh.
They are in a rock and hard place on these because of the reversible cover and CE at the same time. They have to allow two for the hardcore collectors to have one of each sealed cover. But since the CE is sealed they have no way to know which cover is in the CE to guarantee an alternate cover normal copy for 1 CE + 1 SE. So they do 1 CE + 2 normal.

The cover variants are really bad mojo and doubly so when combined with a CE. It would be better if the CE outer box was not sealed and simply contained one of each sealed cover variant.

First time trying to buy from Limited Run Games. Probably will be the last. They killed the CE product on the actual page so I had to backtrack for the URL.

And then because it was my first time ordering, had to set up basic info at the last screen AFTER Paypal. And then after that screen I got the "SOLD OUT" notification. What's the point of waiting in line if I'm not given at least a few minutes of guaranteed product?

You're basically forced/strongly encouraged to save your payment info directly to the site.

Idiotic system.
Why wouldn't you want to setup your information before hand? You know these stuff is going to sell out quick. Stop placing the blame elsewhere and start taking some responsibility.

Anyone know if the FMV Friday bundle was the first to sell out? I actually would have liked that for the bonus cards but 125 in the first batch is just too risky for me...

bread's done
Back