Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Regardless of what anyone's perception is here, this weekend's CE releases have sold very well - we probably could have printed 100 or 200 less and been fine but we wanted to make sure we could meet demand.

This nonsense where people feel the need to analyze a sale like it was a failure, just because it stayed in stock for more than a few minutes, has to stop. People can't want us to better serve demand while still expecting us to sell out in a minute. The two things are mutually exclusive.
Amen to that, you guys are finally making enough to meet demand, the OCD collectors need to chill out or collect something else, it's ABOUT THE GAMES, not about rarity or how fast they sell out. I'm glad that after pestering you all this time about it, I don't have to persuade you anymore. ;-) Since you GET IT now.

Also I could have waited till 6PM to grab La Mulana SE, but got the CE instead, why I am a BIG fan of the series (helped KS LM2 and got the LE physical version of that coming too), even though money is WAY tight for me right now, I managed. People were complaining the SE sold out so quick, and I replied the CE was still in stock and IMHO was WORTH the asking price.

I know Josh is going to have a coronary when I say this but every CE I own gets put away after I open it up, look at the contents, take the game out and put it in with my collection. I will do this with La Mulana and just did it with my Summon Night 6 CE, I marveled at how awesome it was then put it all back together, placed it in the shipping box and on the shelf it went & put the game on the PS4 pile with all of the others.

I have no issues with CE box sizes or anything else, I don't have room to display them and am not OCD enough to care about it, the game gets unpacked, cataloged and then put in their respective piles on the shelf, we all collect differently, that's how I do it.

I'm just happy you're doing what you do and will KEEP doing it even with the additional competition you have.

Start rant/

The only negative from the sale this weekend is what someone already mentioned which is Nex Machina wasn't selling better, but as I mentioned to Housemarque I think that has more to do with them getting word out about their games, I knew NOTHING about the last 3 releases coming out (matter of fact nothing since Resogun) so either their PR failed or Sony's did.

It's not the quality of their games, just that people don't know they exist and sadly either don't care enough to go and look for them or aren't bothered enough when they come out to spread the word.

That's the worst thing for them as a company, the industry as a whole and us as fans/collectors. But there's WAY too much competition for our money and attention these days, and some great games get overlooked which is very sad.

/rant

Btw, Any time frame for when Kero Blaster will be releasing? Just curious if it was still 2017 or was pushed into 2018?

Last edited by a moderator:
We've sold over 100 shirts. There's no risk on our end since we're selling them on behalf of Fangamer. 100 shirts in two days is actually really good. We've also sold 450 vinyl records - again, no major risk there - there's only 50 left and they'll all sell eventually.

The 4 in-stock shirts are Unisex XS. As you can probably guess, most of our customers wear Large and up.

Things don't always "flop around" in our CEs. The art book for Ys did because it's a large size and occupies most of the tray. Games and soundtracks are always nicely affixed into fitted tray inserts (even with Ys). In response to the Ys feedback we created a fitted sleeve to hold printed stuff so it wouldn't "flop around". The art prints for Nex Machina will be held in one.

For an example of a CE where things don't flop around - take a look at our Wonder Boy CE, which we received overwhelmingly positive feedback on. Things are nicely held in place.

The Wonder Boy CE was $64.99. It came with a soundtrack CD, folded poster, and trading cards. I don't understand why that CE has been so well loved by those that got it, but these similarly specced and priced CEs are being met with so much negative backlash. Is it because Ys was underwhelming and people are judging based solely on that? Is it because Wonder Boy has strong resale value and Ys does not? I just don't get it.

Regardless of what anyone's perception is here, this weekend's CE releases have sold very well - we probably could have printed 100 or 200 less and been fine but we wanted to make sure we could meet demand.

This nonsense where people feel the need to analyze a sale like it was a failure, just because it stayed in stock for more than a few minutes, has to stop. People can't want us to better serve demand while still expecting us to sell out in a minute. The two things are mutually exclusive.
You'll never be able to please everyone. Games sell in minutes, people will complain there's not enough stock. Games last a few days, then LRG is dying. I commend you for caring enough to attempt to educate these people, but at a certain point, it just can't be worth it.

We've sold over 100 shirts. There's no risk on our end since we're selling them on behalf of Fangamer. 100 shirts in two days is actually really good. We've also sold 450 vinyl records - again, no major risk there - there's only 50 left and they'll all sell eventually.

The 4 in-stock shirts are Unisex XS. As you can probably guess, most of our customers wear Large and up.

Things don't always "flop around" in our CEs. The art book for Ys did because it's a large size and occupies most of the tray. Games and soundtracks are always nicely affixed into fitted tray inserts (even with Ys). In response to the Ys feedback we created a fitted sleeve to hold printed stuff so it wouldn't "flop around". The art prints for Nex Machina will be held in one.

For an example of a CE where things don't flop around - take a look at our Wonder Boy CE, which we received overwhelmingly positive feedback on. Things are nicely held in place.

The Wonder Boy CE was $64.99. It came with a soundtrack CD, folded poster, and trading cards. I don't understand why that CE has been so well loved by those that got it, but these similarly specced and priced CEs are being met with so much negative backlash. Is it because Ys was underwhelming and people are judging based solely on that? Is it because Wonder Boy has strong resale value and Ys does not? I just don't get it.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as an asshole or as making fun of your items not selling fast. If anything I would prefer they take longer than 5 minutes to sell in the case where I am unable to be around at the exact time they come up (which has happened only once thankfully). I was just merely shocked at how long it was taking everything to sell, and hope it isn't a start of a trend for your company's sake. My bad on the tshirts - I totally forgot to change the size. I was also suggesting (as many others have here and on the LRG forums) that the slow sales of the CEs was perhaps due to the price.

I am glad that you took the criticism you received from the Ys Origin CE and have put something in place to hopefully ensure it doesn't happen again. I look forward to seeing for myself as I did order the new CEs (after much debate about the price) and I look forward to how they turn out.

Speaking of pricing, you have always said that LRG's pricing model follows a $10 above digital standard with a $24.99 base minimum. If that is the case then why is Windjammers currently listed at $29.99 when the PS4 digital release is $14.99? Is something else going to be included that raised the price $5 more than what it would have normally been?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1482-CUSA06216_00-DOTWINDJAMMERS01

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as an asshole or as making fun of your items not selling fast. If anything I would prefer they take longer than 5 minutes to sell in the case where I am unable to be around at the exact time they come up (which has happened only once thankfully). I was just merely shocked at how long it was taking everything to sell, and hope it isn't a start of a trend for your company's sake. My bad on the tshirts - I totally forgot to change the size. I was also suggesting (as many others have here and on the LRG forums) that the slow sales of the CEs was perhaps due to the price.

I am glad that you took the criticism you received from the Ys Origin CE and have put something in place to hopefully ensure it doesn't happen again. I look forward to seeing for myself as I did order the new CEs (after much debate about the price) and I look forward to how they turn out.

Speaking of pricing, you have always said that LRG's pricing model follows a $10 above digital standard with a $24.99 base minimum. If that is the case then why is Windjammers currently listed at $29.99 when the PS4 digital release is $14.99? Is something else going to be included that raised the price $5 more than what it would have normally been?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1482-CUSA06216_00-DOTWINDJAMMERS01
The price on Windjammers came down to the licensor. It's more than DotEmu getting paid here so each company involved needed a big enough piece of the pie to make this worth it. The game has a short booklet in the case to help make up for the extra cost.

Have you ever thought that it's the timing of when wonder boy was released rather than the after market price point? No wonder why you fans have this fascination with scalping as you look to the price point for reasoning.

Instead Wonder boy was what the 2nd released CE? Even if it was crap some would have said well this is there 2nd release and they will learn how to do it properly. But what do we fans see next? Lili CE with $10 more for nothing of value. Then we get Ys with a box thrown together and some odd pong sound in the box. Why wouldn't securing this be a point of emphasis PRIOR to finalizing it? It's just a common theme nowadays that everything seems rushed. Or is it what Doug keeps saying "We do this for the developers". Great we all understand that but when you keep pushing that on public comments it gets to people like it's all about the money and can throw out the CE any way you want. The best LE was skullgirls and ever since then it goes downhill.

And meeting demand is not something I would say is a success at this point. No matter what you admit, you have to say that ever since the trading cards were a real thing it actually makes it harder to track TRUE demand. Just look at your own forums on the people who are trying to collect these things like collectible cards. They are wanting to buy the max of releases just to get all variants. Seriously I don't understand that buying mindset but also do not understand how you didn't see this happening with your concrete evidence of OCD in some collector's.

Final thought is this the trading cards combined with variant covers are only skewing TRUE demand. So while from a quick glance you see that you think demand is met you really don't know. So I hope you are doing more analysis than just how long it's in stock as that is not telling the whole story.

I wonder what the quantity limits will be on 2064: Read Only Memories? Most games only allow two copies to be bought, but 2064: ROM will have three cover variants. Will LRG allow someone to purchase three copies?

And meeting demand is not something I would say is a success at this point. No matter what you admit, you have to say that ever since the trading cards were a real thing it actually makes it harder to track TRUE demand. Just look at your own forums on the people who are trying to collect these things like collectible cards. They are wanting to buy the max of releases just to get all variants. Seriously I don't understand that buying mindset but also do not understand how you didn't see this happening with your concrete evidence of OCD in some collector's.

Final thought is this the trading cards combined with variant covers are only skewing TRUE demand. So while from a quick glance you see that you think demand is met you really don't know. So I hope you are doing more analysis than just how long it's in stock as that is not telling the whole story.
None of this makes any sense. They can't track "true demand" because of..... trading cards? What?

None of this makes any sense. They can't track "true demand" because of..... trading cards? What?
I was wondering the same thing, but just opted not to even bother asking. I guess he's saying if the trading cards are not part of the games being sold, it would be a "true demand". As no one would be buying for a collection, but that applies to the games, variants, etc.

So yeah, what? LOL

I hope not. They are re-skinned neogaf. Bunch of sjw nutjobs
Pretty much all the community threads I followed died on Neogaf and moved to ResetEra. And those threads weren't full of sjw nutjobs. Just people who don't want to associate with Neogaf anymore, which is understandable.

I hope not. They are re-skinned neogaf. Bunch of sjw nutjobs
Give it a rest. SJW is just code that closeted racists/sexists/homophobes use to try and protect themselves from dealing with the fact that they are human garbage. NeoGaf exposed a lot of really awful things over the years that wouldn't have received attention otherwise and the level of discourse was generally miles above anything on most other forums out there. Hopefully Resetera will build on the fine traditions that NeoGaf set before the horrific conduct of the founder came to light.

Damn, that comment about SJWs. I didn't know that I could disagree with another human that much.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

Give it a rest. SJW is just code that closeted racists/sexists/homophobes use to try and protect themselves from dealing with the fact that they are human garbage. NeoGaf exposed a lot of really awful things over the years that wouldn't have received attention otherwise and the level of discourse was generally miles above anything on most other forums out there. Hopefully Resetera will build on the fine traditions that NeoGaf set before the horrific conduct of the founder came to light.
Yeah that's the only thing SJWs are good at: labeling people. I don't want the game developers to be forced to change their own games and the way they create games for everyone because the little group is offended by certain things in it. Just check Nier automata thread and you'll know what I'm talking about and don't get me started the way they were treating people for expressing different opinion. If you were member on that site till the very end you were pretty much in agreement about what was going on there for years.

Yeah that's the only thing SJWs are good at: labeling people. I don't want the game developers to be forced to change their own games and the way they create games for everyone because the little group is offended by certain things in it. Just check Nier automata thread and you'll know what I'm talking about and don't get me started the way they were treating people for expressing different opinion. If you were member on that site till the very end you were pretty much in agreement about what was going on there for years.
LOL! What is "SJW" if not a label used to try and stop people from expressing an opinion?

Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. We don't need people like you here.

They won't get an even enough split to have a 3-pack bundle and aren't the 3rd variants always trade show exclusives anyway?

We post wherever people are discussing us. I haven't posted on ResetEra yet, so that's all Douglas. NeoGAF was split between he and I, but it was mostly him. Part of his job responsibilities is keeping up with the community across various forums, so he does a lot of posting during work hours when I'm face down in email or manufacturing duties. I pretty much only post here and that's mainly because I've been posting in this community since well before I started Limited Run.

Olengie, you always seem to be in the know, any updates on CSH Vita?
I think they're still working on bug fixes and trying to get it to a size to fit on Vita cart. Haven't been much of an update with what we already know.

Only know about VA11-HA11A cuz Ouren posts in the Vita Community Thread on RE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olengie, you always seem to be in the know, any updates on CSH Vita?
The programmer is out living abroad with his family and AFAIK work has slowed on the Vita version. I'm crossing my fingers it happens soon, but I don't know when that will ultimately be. We had hoped to release CSH in June!

The programmer is out living abroad with his family and AFAIK work has slowed on the Vita version. I'm crossing my fingers it happens soon, but I don't know when that will ultimately be. We had hoped to release CSH in June!
Damn, well that sucks major donkey balls. LOL

Well, I guess so long as it hasn't been cancelled, I'll just keep my fingers crossed it will happen at some point. I would guess that is still one of the most sought after "most wanted" LRG titles right? I hope it doesn't just get swept under the rug, only to be forgotten or cancelled altogether at some later date.

I would rather they just say now "it ain't happening", and sorry about that! At least that way I can mark it off, and move on. Oh well, I guess I should be happy we're still getting as many Vita titles as we are, but CSH was for sure at the top of mine and many others "most wanted" list.

Damn, well that sucks major donkey balls. LOL

Well, I guess so long as it hasn't been cancelled, I'll just keep my fingers crossed it will happen at some point. I would guess that is still one of the most sought after "most wanted" LRG titles right? I hope it doesn't just get swept under the rug, only to be forgotten or cancelled altogether at some later date.

I would rather they just say now "it ain't happening", and sorry about that! At least that way I can mark it off, and move on. Oh well, I guess I should be happy we're still getting as many Vita titles as we are, but CSH was for sure at the top of mine and many others "most wanted" list.
Since it was a kickstarter it is hard for them cancel it, and many already paid for the game.

Since it was a kickstarter it is hard for them cancel it, and many already paid for the game.
Yeah, I was aware of that, but I also know many KS games have been cancelled after the fact for certain systems. So they could just offer up the PS4 version to backers, or offer refunds. It may not be likely, but it very well could happen, as it has before.

Did you guys increase the production limit for Crawl?  I could have sworn it said 2800 copies last week but now it says 3800.   Also is there any way to combine shipping on Crawl + 2064 with my Nex Machina and La Mulana order since those won't be shipping for a while?  It would be worth the wait to save a few bucks.  Thanks!

Limited Run co-founder Josh Fairhurst adds, "The physical release that we're putting out could be the difference between them living another day as game developers or closing up shop and going back to something else. I think that what we're doing in terms of making them money is really important."
LRG saves the gaming industry!

Did you guys increase the production limit for Crawl? I could have sworn it said 2800 copies last week but now it says 3800. Also is there any way to combine shipping on Crawl + 2064 with my Nex Machina and La Mulana order since those won't be shipping for a while? It would be worth the wait to save a few bucks. Thanks!
Nope, it's always been at 3,800. 2,800 would probably be too low on this one, given how popular it is on Steam (Over 3,000 reviews with an Overwhelmingly Positive rating). I'm so far removed from the shipping side that I don't really know what they allow for combines. I'd ask on Friday, but my gut says the shipping team doesn't do combined orders across runs due to the logistics of handling the shipping manifest. Worth an ask, though!

LRG saves the gaming industry!
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but we've worked with a few devs (my own development company included) that have made substantially more through LRG than they have over their lifetime digitally.

The $3,000 - $15,000 we have to pay for a rating doesn't really impact an Epic Games or DotEmu much but it does hurt the one man dev teams we work with pretty substantially. That could be a month or two of living expenses that is instead paying for a letter on a box that no one will ever utilize for any practical purpose.

As the resident expert in wasting money on variants I have to say this is too far for me. Especially right now with the holidays coming up. If an option to buy the other 2 covers come up however, I’d gladly buy them. Just can’t justify that much extra right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but we've worked with a few devs (my own development company included) that have made substantially more through LRG than they have over their lifetime digitally.
The $3,000 - $15,000 we have to pay for a rating doesn't really impact an Epic Games or DotEmu much but it does hurt the one man dev teams we work with pretty substantially. That could be a month or two of living expenses that is instead paying for a letter on a box that no one will ever utilize for any practical purpose.
The quote I posted you said that sales of games on LRG have been able to prevent studios from closing and developers from going out of business. Are you able to provide any hints or insight as to which developers were ready to close before LRG started selling their games?

The quote I posted you said that sales of games on LRG have been able to prevent studios from closing and developers from going out of business. Are you able to provide any hints or insight as to which developers were ready to close before LRG started selling their games?
My studio. Literally on the brink of closure before physical Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG saved it. B&C made 3x more on physical Vita than it had in five months on PSN. Saturday Morning RPG made $50K more physically than life to date sales on all platforms in four years. I can't speak 100% for all the other devs, but I know the money went a long way for Bard's Gold, Aqua Kitty, Plague Road, Futuridium, and many more of the obscure games we've released.

I used to pay myself $400/mo as a game developer. I know how far $3,000 can go for a struggling indie team. It really is a big deal even if it sounds insignificant to someone not used to barely scraping by.

My studio. Literally on the brink of closure before physical Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG saved it. B&C made 3x more on physical Vita than it had in five months on PSN. Saturday Morning RPG made $50K more physically than life to date sales on all platforms in four years. I can't speak 100% for all the other devs, but I know the money went a long way for Bard's Gold, Aqua Kitty, Plague Road, Futuridium, and many more of the obscure games we've released.

I used to pay myself $400/mo as a game developer. I know how far $3,000 can go for a struggling indie team. It really is a big deal even if it sounds insignificant to someone not used to barely scraping by.
Don't bother to try to reason with ProfessorStotch, he's just trying to stir things up. Just ignore him.

I saw a clutch of LRG releases at my local mom-and-pop used game store. Sadly, they were not priced to move. There were a few titles that I had missed in their selection, which got me excited. But pretty much all of them were in the $100+ range. A few of them were pushing $200. I know the after-market prices get pretty crazy, but I'm just not that big of a collector. Too rich for my blood.

bread's done
Back