Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Hence the words "in hopes".
Not much else I can do. If I can't trade it, at least I have a special edition and the game. Just not on the console I want it for.

Had to put this up over Easter weekend...I was traveling the day the email was sent out...>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that half of those have ~500 or less available copies. 

All of the Skullgirls and PAX variants will only be offered in the 10AM batch per their Twitter. 

Don't forget that half of those have ~500 or less available copies.

All of the Skullgirls and PAX variants will only be offered in the 10AM batch per their Twitter.
Yeah, that's usually the norm, as variants and left over stock have low qty's, so no reason to try and spread them out. I've always been able to get the variants with little to no issues, but having two on one day may be a problem. The variants are my only "wants" for that day, but I may skip them, as I'm still undecided. I guess I have a week to make a choice, so I'll see where this coming week takes me. LOL

Typoman looks like a cute concept but it's not something I'm gonna die without.

I'm really hoping 4/20 doesn't have any releases. It's my birthday, I have a tattoo scheduled for that morning, and I'm gonna be high as fuck.

Typoman looks like a cute concept but it's not something I'm gonna die without.

I'm really hoping 4/20 doesn't have any releases. It's my birthday, I have a tattoo scheduled for that morning, and I'm gonna be high as fuck.
Sounds like my 4/20, minus the B-Day & tattoo of course. LOL

In all seriousness, Happy B-Day(best date EVER!), and don't forget, it's Labo day as well, so you might not want to miss out on that. But I would have to be high as fuck to buy that, so they picked the perfect release date. LOL

LOL

Ah man, I do want typo man but not really for the PS4. That's gonna be a pass for me. It recently came to the switch so..crossing me fingers there, and giving myself more false hope haha.

LOL

Ah man, I do want typo man but not really for the PS4. That's gonna be a pass for me. It recently came to the switch so..crossing me fingers there, and giving myself more false hope haha.
I thought I saw where one of the new LRG copycat companies was making typoman physical for the Switch? Maybe super rare games?

I really like that PAX variant cover for The Bit Trip, but it's not worth purchasing for if one owns the game already, in my opinion, the Munch's Oddysee variant either (I still love the original cover used from the Xbox release). But at least there's options for people.

27x7r4.jpg

DsJHPlGl.png

96f.gif

That Munch's Odyssey wont last a minute. How much they tease.... Likely skipping out on  the Friday release,  but when Rabi Rabi or any other VNs release it will be a bloodbath you hear?

It's annoys me when you go to watch trailers for one of these games on Steam (Senko no Ronde 2), there's three of them, and about 5% of it is actual gameplay.

I don't know about anyone else, but LRG owes me 13 fucking games right now.

How do they get away with it?
They typically write on the product page that the game won’t ship right away. You can’t really get upset it takes a while considering they tell you it’s a “pre-order” when you place the order..

But they’d have to “pre-sell” massive quantities of games for it to be worth investing the profit etc.

Sounds like my 4/20, minus the B-Day & tattoo of course. LOL

In all seriousness, Happy B-Day(best date EVER!), and don't forget, it's Labo day as well, so you might not want to miss out on that. But I would have to be high as fuck to buy that, so they picked the perfect release date. LOL
Ha! Thank you! Actually I already have God of War paid off but I was torn between that and labo. Waiting for reviews first :D

Ha! Thank you! Actually I already have God of War paid off but I was torn between that and labo. Waiting for reviews first :D
Yeah, my son had been holding on to a $50 Amazon gift card from Christmas for Labo. Then today, he opted to use it for Detective Pikachu, and had completely forgot about Labo. I think he was happy to get DP, as he likes the Phoenix Wright and Layton type games, but DP brings the subject matter down to his level, so it was a solid buy in the end.

Sucks for anyone who HAS to buy every variant though. Lol
Yeah, I wish we knew the rest of the months schedule, as far as new releases go. As I'm considering the Vita variants, but I really don't need either, especially if there are actual "new" releases happening later in the month. I'll guess I'll just keep it in my mind until Friday, and see where my mouse takes me at 7am. LOL

Why have they still not printed Salt & Sanctuary? It was announced so long ago. =(
There's a shit ton of titles that got announced ages ago, and until any are officially cancelled, they should all still be happening. A few PS4/Vita titles are in a holding pattern until the Vita side gets technical issues worked out.

I don't know about anyone else, but LRG owes me 13 fucking games right now.

How do they get away with it?
I've got 6 orders with 20 games. I wouldn't mind if they weren't jerking themselves off so much over their success. We went from receiving games within 2 weeks of orders being placed, to every game being a preorder without calling it a preorder.

I've got 6 orders with 20 games. I wouldn't mind if they weren't jerking themselves off so much over their success. We went from receiving games within 2 weeks of orders being placed, to every game being a preorder without calling it a preorder.
Still waiting on a bunch of stuff myself. I'm sure the quantity of releases isn't helping the logistics situation. It's hard enough to ship out 10,000 units, once you get behind (i.e. have to wait on stock to arrive), it's really hard to catch up. I imagine the sheer quantity of Thimbleweed orders is going to augment the situation even further.

All this to say, having some familiarity with logistics myself, I don't envy the situation they're getting into.

Only 5 things for me, but that is largely due to cutting back on my purchases since I got rid of the buy every Vita release mentality around January.

So.... you guys have been living in luxery off the success from other developers. Are you guys going to develop any original content any time soon?

So.... you guys have been living in luxery off the success from other developers. Are you guys going to develop any original content any time soon?
If Saturday Morning RPG reaches it's intended numbers for the NS(digital & physical), they plan to look in to offering a part 2.

Still waiting on a bunch of stuff myself. I'm sure the quantity of releases isn't helping the logistics situation. It's hard enough to ship out 10,000 units, once you get behind (i.e. have to wait on stock to arrive), it's really hard to catch up. I imagine the sheer quantity of Thimbleweed orders is going to augment the situation even further.

All this to say, having some familiarity with logistics myself, I don't envy the situation they're getting into.
Speaking as someone who has seen what it takes to get 4k orders a day out of an actual fulfillment center(granted much larger and more complex orders than LRG) I don't want to think about the amount of crap they are burying themselves under right now.

Is anyone here overwhelmed for next friday? That's 8 games for me since I'm a variant collector. This is fucking insane.
Not gonna lie... Three sealed variants of a $50 game is kinda rubbing me the wrong way. The least they could do is offer a discounted bundle, or limit the amount of variants all together. Otherwise, no collector is keeping up at this pace...

That many games coming out at retail in a single day would be bananas, even if it was from multiple publishers. But we are looking at having that many at once from one publisher, and you have to buy them all that day for full price (plus S&H) or else taking your chances on eBay is your only recourse. Meanwhile more and more copy cat companies spring up and the market continues to flood. In the words of my good friend Shaun: fuck.Right.Off.

Not gonna lie... Three sealed variants of a $50 game is kinda rubbing me the wrong way. The least they could do is offer a discounted bundle, or limit the amount of variants all together. Otherwise, no collector is keeping up at this pace...
no such things as discounts :lol:

That many games coming out at retail in a single day would be bananas, even if it was from multiple publishers. But we are looking at having that many at once from one publisher, and you have to buy them all that day for full price (plus S&H) or else taking your chances on eBay is your only recourse. Meanwhile more and more copy cat companies spring up and the market continues to flood. In the words of my good friend Shaun: fuck.Right.Off.
10 different game skus coming out on the same day isn't that uncommon. At least at Best Buy. ;)

I guess I'm not really counting things like an Ubisoft game having 4+ versions on each platform lol.
Why not? It's frankly the exact same thing. I get that there are probably more variant collectors of LRG releases, but there are plenty of variant cover releases that come from the major publishers, even if the variation is something as minor a Walmart exclusive skin or DLC logo on the actual case artwork. Far Cry 5 in the US had three collector's editions and a standard, gold and Mondo exclusive release. The Mondo release even had different disc art in the standard case.

bread's done
Back