Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Oceanhorn developers are heavily hinting at a physical switch release and LRG is retweeting it.

I expect this to be the Nintendo Force magazine announcement that LRG has been hyping.

Oceanhorn developers are heavily hinting at a physical switch release and LRG is retweeting it.

I expect this to be the Nintendo Force magazine announcement that LRG has been hyping.
That's cool if true, and no surprise, as I expect many former PS4/Vita titles to get there NS due in short order. If a developer worked with LRG in the past, no reason to not offer a new version on a different system(so long as the relationship is good). Ocean horn is on top of my Vita "to play" pile, so doubtful I would grab an NS version, but my son wants the game, so who knows?

EDIT: There are many PS4 games that didn't get to the Vita, so those will for sure be the ones I grab on the NS like Flinthook. I probably won't double dip on any Vita titles, unless something new is offered like a CE, or game of the year edition, where all bonus content is offered on the NS cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the latest email from Nintendo Force, and midway down is mention of LRG and bonus items included with the next issue:

Greetings once again, Nintendo Force fans! Our 33rd issue release is upon us.
In this edition of NF Magazine, we're celebrating the launch of Nintendo's latest, wildest product line. Nintendo Labo is the most off-the-wall idea the Big N has brought to market since the Switch itself! (Yes, I know it's only been a little over a year since then, but still!) The same pure creativity and fun that led them to fuse home console and portable gaming together into a single device has now driven them even further into territory never explored before by any other company in gaming, leading to further fusions of the Switch base unit and Joy-Con controllers with a cavalcade of cardboard creations.

We've prepared a full Nintendo Labo Launch Guide for your perusal, highlighting each unique build-it-yourself Toy-Con project Nintendo has sent to store shelves to kickstart this new line of products. We also look ahead at a few future Toy- Cons seemingly lurking just over the horizon, then do our best to contextualize the Labo launch in the light of Nintendo's entire history with an article that looks back on some of the toys they created in the decades before video games came into the world, and then another piece that presents some of the most "disposable" peripherals we've seen through their video game years as well.

All that and an exclusive reveal from and interview with Limited Run Games, a company that isn't exactly building things with cardboard, but is nonetheless making gaming more physical every day! The game they've so graciously allowed us to announce within our pages is historic, to say the least, so look forward to reading all about it!

In addition to that reveal of the game itself, Limited Run has also provided us with a set of exclusive trading cards depicting the game that will be inserted with the first 5,000 print copies of this issue. That should cover all of you who are Print and Combo tier patrons here as we're cutting off sign-ups for this issue, so look forward to getting that extra bonus alongside your magazine this time!

Also accompanying the magazine will be an exclusive new papercraft toy created just for us by Alex Gwynne, founder of Fold Up Toys. We usually provide wall posters with our issues, but I didn't think anyone would be too interested in having Nintendo's PR photos of the Labo products hanging up on their wall, so we swapped out the poster for a tangible toy you can build yourself! Print subscribers will get the toy provided for them in the bag, while our Digital patrons will get the PDF to be able to print one out at home. It's a fun little version of the Labo Robot Kit's giant robot, and I hope you'll all take the time to build it and let it join your desktop or amiibo shelf!

Because of all the different things happening with this issue, the timing of its publication will be a little different than usual. I normally send out the digital copies pretty much immediately after posting these Patreon "the issue is done" posts, but for this one I'll be sending out the digital links this Friday, April 20. That lets the issue release line up exactly with the Labo launch and also gives Limited Run Games a little bit more prep time before the game reveal in this issue becomes public knowledge and starts getting shared around the forums and gaming news sites around the Internet.

The Magzter version for tablets, eReaders, et cetera will follow a few days later, likely early next week.

Finally, the print version should start showing up in subscriber mailboxes in early-to-mid May. I realize the timing of that won't seem too on-the-ball with the Labo launch emphasis of the issue's content, but we just couldn't let something so fun and quirky and different like Labo pass us by without giving it an issue to headline! And you'll be snagging that Limited Run trading card as a trade-off for its not-so-timeliness, so hopefully we'll break even with your mind share in the end.

OK! Enough talking from me! Thanks as always for your continued support of the Nintendo Force, and keep your eyes peeled for this new issue to hit your email inbox and/or physical mailbox soon!

~ Lucas M. Thomas

EDIT: For some reason, my spoiler tag ain't working, oh well.

LRG promoted NF about a month ago, and stated there would be unique cards coming, so for anyone who signed up then, your covered.
Only problem was they never announced there would be a cut off date (as far as I remember) and being the huge procrastinator that I am I delayed signing up for it. Would have if I knew there was a strict cut off date though. No worries though - I was going to subscribe to the mag, now I am not. Saves me money to put towards other things.

So, this Friday is it only one game or two? We are like 2 days away now. Would be nice to know ahead of time as I try to plan my day.

Only problem was they never announced there would be a cut off date (as far as I remember) and being the huge procrastinator that I am I delayed signing up for it. Would have if I knew there was a strict cut off date though. No worries though - I was going to subscribe to the mag, now I am not. Saves me money to put towards other things.

So, this Friday is it only one game or two? We are like 2 days away now. Would be nice to know ahead of time as I try to plan my day.
It looks like only one release, as I can't find any info on a second game. And with Friday being only two days away, it might not be good to offer another game with so little lead time, but LRG has been rather busy on offerings lately, so a stealth title could happen?

As for NF, it was discussed at length here when announced, and while no "cut off" was mentioned, Patreon is a print to order service. So every other month when the issues are produced, it will always be a finite amount, as it's based on who is signed up before that issue goes to print. One of the main points discussed was if you get charged even if a book isn't ready, and me along with a few others stated how your only charge once the book goes to print.

In an age of less physical items, most small time publications go this route, as it keeps from producing books above and beyond what is needed. So if anyone's name isn't on the list when a issue is getting ready to print, you don't get one. It's pretty much how LRG offers NS titles now, you have a window to preorder, and if you don't, you won't get an copy when done(due to lead times). Of course, they have extras for lost or damaged issues, but those all may be held for long term customers, and not offered to those who just want an issue after the fact.

Nah, they sell their magazines on their website well beyond what they sell through Patreon. Aside from a handful of issues, all are still available for purchase. It's just only the Patreon copies are guaranteed the cards. The announcement said 5,000 packs, and there are ~4,800 Patreon subscribers (including people who are digital only.)

Nah, they sell their magazines on their website well beyond what they sell through Patreon. Aside from a handful of issues, all are still available for purchase. It's just only the Patreon copies are guaranteed the cards. The announcement said 5,000 packs, and there are ~4,800 Patreon subscribers (including people who are digital only.)
Does that 4800 account for people like me who get two physical copies? Or is that only reflective of the number of people subscribing?

Awesome, I'll preorder regular editions of both Flinthook and Mercenary Kings!  New to both, but the reviews look good

So are Mondays now the official NS release day? I'm cool with that, as it keeps to much from happening on Fridays. I'll probably grab both games as standard, as the Steel book seems cool, but that along with the OST and posters aren't really my thing. I like posters, but until some other form of transport is possible, that doesn't include folding, I'll pass for now. Pretty good deal for those who are interested, as the comments on social media seem positive.

So are Mondays now the official NS release day? I'm cool with that, as it keeps to much from happening on Fridays. I'll probably grab both games as standard, as the Steel book seems cool, but that along with the OST and posters aren't really my thing. I like posters, but until some other form of transport is possible, that doesn't include folding, I'll pass for now. Pretty good deal for those who are interested, as the comments on social media seem positive.
This is the celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Mercenary Kings, per LRG Twitter.

They're killing my weakness with that Steelbook being so limited :whistle2:/

it seems to be PREORDER just like Thimbleweed, as in they are gonna take as many orders in like a week. Maybe thats why its on Monday? Or am i reading it wrong?

This upcoming release is on a Monday instead of a Friday because the release is celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Mercenary Kings. 

it seems to be PREORDER just like Thimbleweed, as in they are gonna take as many orders in like a week. Maybe thats why its on Monday? Or am i reading it wrong?
Yes, they are taking open preorders on the standard editions of both games for two weeks. The dual CE is limited to 3,000 copies and will go up for regular sale on Monday as well.

Yes, they are taking open preorders on the standard editions of both games for two weeks. The dual CE is limited to 3,000 copies and will go up for regular sale on Monday as well.
Yeah, thanks for all the info guys, but I was mostly referring to the CE, as that is still "limited" as stated, but I guess since it's all a part of the anniversary, we get it all on Mondays along with everything else.

More? I hope this is it, and the next games mentioned are for May. LOL
All they did was reaffirm Mercenary King and Flinthook for Switch, which won't even ship until August. No mention of the PS4/Vita version of Mercenary Kings.

The only NEW announcement so far is Future Unfolding which is set for Friday. And unless there is a change of plans, there is supposed to be another title set for Friday.

And another two for PS4 and one for Vita for next week, which I would assume to be Mercenary Kings for PS4/Vita plus the mystery.

All they did was reaffirm Mercenary King and Flinthook for Switch, which won't even ship until August. No mention of the PS4/Vita version of Mercenary Kings.

The only NEW announcement so far is Future Unfolding which is set for Friday. And unless there is a change of plans, there is supposed to be another title set for Friday.

And another two for PS4 and one for Vita for next week, which I would assume to be Mercenary Kings for PS4/Vita plus the mystery.
I think they have now confirmed that there is only one release this Friday as well as some vinyl.

really annoying when the information is everywhere. :lol: Moreso when they say one thing and then its not the thing anymore. 

Honestly not a huge Mercenary Kings fan. Game just doesn't play that well. If it controlled and felt like Metal Slug, it would be repetitive but enjoyable. I've played it on PS4, PC and Vita now. I get to a point and just forget about it since the missions blend together. Just my humble opinion of course.

Well it is Record Store Day this Saturday, but still, that's a lot of vinyl!

The steelbook in the Flinthook/Mercenary Kings CE seals the deal for me. I have a feeling that CE is going to go really fast this Monday.
Yeah, that's a solid 2 for 1 CE, and I expect the same. LOL

Looks like they may put some more copies of Flinthook for PS4 out tomorrow as they added the listing again (both game only and game plus CD soundtrack).

bread's done
Back