Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
LRG just sent out an email saying it will be on sale tomorrow
LRG's variant will still be on sale tomorrow. The e-mail says the SRG version has not been given a firm date yet as a result of the events today. I'm sure this will make the LRG variant even tougher to get unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/996509890498695169

Josh just stated on Twitter that they have at least 11 vita games ready for the rest of the year,

Including progress on Salt and Sanctuary and Rabi-Ribi.

So these seven are already confirmed

Cosmic Star Heroine (May 25)
Antiquia Lost (May 25)
Super Hydorah (June 8)
Va-11 Hall-A (June or July)
Mercenary Kings
Rabi-Ribi
Salt and Sanctuary

I would assume some of these may also release this year
Read Only Memories
YIIK
Battle Princess Madelyn
Nuclear Throne (I doubt this will ever get patched)
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (Rumor)

So that doesn't really leave much wiggle room for anything really unexpected for Vita fans.

Is there anything I maybe missed from this list or other rumored titles?

Josh just stated on Twitter that they have at least 11 vita games ready for the rest of the year,

Antiquia Lost (May 25)
Super Hydorah (June 8)
Mercenary Kings
Rabi-Ribi
Salt and Sanctuary

Read Only Memories
YIIK
Battle Princess Madelyn

So that doesn't really leave much wiggle room for anything really unexpected for Vita fans.

S&S wasn't confirmed for 2018, Josh just said they're "making progress" on it. I wouldn't be surprised either way regarding a 2018 release date, though.

You forgot 3 Vita Sekai project other games than Rabi-Rabi:

Fault Milestone One

Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project

WORLD END ECONOMiCA

S&S wasn't confirmed for 2018, Josh just said they're "making progress" on it. I wouldn't be surprised either way regarding a 2018 release date, though.
I interpreted that as they are making progress on S&S for a 2018 release. He confirmed on Twitter that Read Only Memories is coming to vita and another maybe for Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds release for vita to fuel the rumors.

With this news in the wild, the demand for physical LRG Vita releases is going to rise even higher. Expect swift sell-outs for any and all Vita releases in the coming year.

not sure why this would increase demand, the lrg releases dont' get reproduced and aren't on store shelves anyways

edit: from Kotaku's article:

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.

so all of the announced games should be fine production wise

Wonder if this is why Josh confirmed the Vita releases earlier today? If not, what impeccable timing.
exactly what i was thinking. This will be the last year of the vita releases as production will cease. What I would like to also know is what about kickstarter games that promised Vita version of games like BloodStained? I assume they will remove that console as part of the release much like other kickstarters removed Wii U games???

exactly what i was thinking. This will be the last year of the vita releases as production will cease. What I would like to also know is what about kickstarter games that promised Vita version of games like BloodStained? I assume they will remove that console as part of the release much like other kickstarters removed Wii U games???
But are there any Kickstarter games that won't be able to meet the deadline?

I paid an extra $60 bucks for my Bloodstained Vita copy. While it would suck for it not be released, I hope there's a way to get that back. I did the Vita as an add on, so I wouldn't be trying to get the full pledge refunded.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

I paid an extra $60 bucks for my Bloodstained Vita copy. While it would suck for it not be released, I hope there's a way to get that back. I did the Vita as an add on, so I wouldn't be trying to get the full pledge refunded.

If the timelines Kotaku posted are accurate then it will probably be fine for release unless they've extremely delayed the game at this point, I thought it was still targeting this year atm

Antiquia Lost (May 25)
Super Hydorah (June 8)
Mercenary Kings
Rabi-Ribi
Salt and Sanctuary

Read Only Memories
YIIK
Battle Princess Madelyn

My list is a bit different from your list, interesting. Good point for discussion.

- LRG Confirmed Upcoming 2018 Releases -

Antiquia Lost (5/25)
Cosmic Star Heroine (5/25)
Super Hydorah (6/8)

-
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers (3rd Quarter)

-

MUSYNX (TBA)

Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)

- LRG Release Dates Not Yet Announced -
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 1 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 2 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 3 (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

You do realize it's due out in 3rd quarter right? It's unaffected.

not sure why this would increase demand, the lrg releases dont' get reproduced and aren't on store shelves anyways
If it had been a quiet announcement that no one found about, it wouldn't increase demand. But this is the internet age, so everyone who is interested will have heard about this by some time tomorrow morning. And a public announcement of this sort puts a hard, finite limit on ALL physical Vita releases, no matter who is publishing them. And that means all of the speculators and hard-core collectors are going to come out of the woodwork, and start snatching up every Vita title they can get their hands on. That's going to boost demand significantly for the remaining LRG Vita releases, which will be some of the last ever produced in this region. (and which have already begun seeing higher demand than their PS4 alternatives)

The demand for physical Vita carts across the board is going to increase, and a rising tide lifts all the boats. It's not LRG specifically that will see more demand, but physical Vita carts in general. I'm just saying it is a safe bet that every LRG Vita release coming up to this deadline will get increasingly difficult to obtain. So if you are into Vita collecting, don't drag your feet.

I'm wondering if anyone here or from LRG can help me out?

A little while ago I bought a copy of Skullgirls 2nd Encore from the final batch.  It was back in early/mid April. Is there a  delay with shipping, because it hasn't been delivered yet and the status for the order hasn't changed since.

Thankis!

I'm wondering if anyone here or from LRG can help me out?

A little while ago I bought a copy of Skullgirls 2nd Encore from the final batch. It was back in early/mid April. Is there a delay with shipping, because it hasn't been delivered yet and the status for the order hasn't changed since.

Thankis!
Did you happen to order anything else in that order? If so it won't ship until everything is ready.

Did you happen to order anything else in that order? If so it won't ship until everything is ready.
Nope, just Skullgirls. I'll just shoot them an email to see what's up. Don't really care if it's going to take some time, I just want to make sure my order isn't in some kind of limbo. ;) Thanks for the reply!

Nope, just Skullgirls. I'll just shoot them an email to see what's up. Don't really care if it's going to take some time, I just want to make sure my order isn't in some kind of limbo. ;) Thanks for the reply!
LRG mentioned recently that they created some shipping notices, that where a mistake and to disregard, but I can't remember what game that was for, but it may have been Skullgirls.

Sad news about Vita cart production.  I can't say I'm surprised it's happening, though I'm a bit surprised it was announced so far in advance of the end date publicly.   I just hope the update of Dragon Fantasy is ready in time.  I'm glad, there's no sign that PSN is dropping the vita or anything negative is happening there.  We will still get new games... just digital only.

I guess this means I can put my vita wishlist to bed.  No Fez.   I know Fez was a long shot at best, but I'd still love to see a physical Vita version.  It was ported to iOS recently, so I have to think it could have been possible despite the hoops one would have to jump through to get it.

Usually when a system dies everything gets cheaper because stores and people want to get rid of stuff and move on and then later it grows after bottoming out because people grow up and have money and decide they want the system back for it's games.  Switch is kind of taking over much of what the Vita was doing really well including getting updated ports of games.  It'll be interesting to see how things go with the Vita market.

My list is a bit different from your list, interesting. Good point for discussion.

- LRG Confirmed Upcoming 2018 Releases -

Antiquia Lost (5/25)
Cosmic Star Heroine (5/25)
Super Hydorah (6/8)

-
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers (3rd Quarter)

-

MUSYNX (TBA)

Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)

- LRG Release Dates Not Yet Announced -
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 1 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 2 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 3 (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

You do realize it's due out in 3rd quarter right? It's unaffected.
I knew someone in this thread had a more complete list. I'm hoping that some of these still see the light of day

Defender's Quest (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)

With Vita Cart production ending it really is disappointing and I hope Limited Run addresses this soon with its fans.

Yeah, I keep telling people that, the paypal checkout is much slower since you have to leave the site and come back
PayPal Checkout is actually way faster if you pre checkout before you buy a game. Add a box to cart, go through the checkout and when you get to Complete Order, click on the LRG icon to take you back to the site. Wait for the game to drop, add to cart, and breeze through.

Yeah, I keep telling people that, the paypal checkout is much slower since you have to leave the site and come back
Interesting, I haven't shopped here much over the last year or so but didn't the traditional method have issues with it not remembering CC or address details?

A little off topic- but if I had an order for Oddworld Much's Oddysee PAX Varaint and Skullgirls, shouldn't my order have shipped already? Oddworld is noted as being ready to ship and Skullgirls was already produce.

Interesting, I haven't shopped here much over the last year or so but didn't the traditional method have issues with it not remembering CC or address details?

A little off topic- but if I had an order for Oddworld Much's Oddysee PAX Varaint and Skullgirls, shouldn't my order have shipped already? Oddworld is noted as being ready to ship and Skullgirls was already produce.
mine always remembers my info fine, not sure why some people have that problem tbh

I entered the SMS authorization number with a dummy item about 10 min. beforehand to prep for checkout, and it said authorization expired when I tried to hit finalize order with Ruiner. I had to manually enter the payment info in again. Any way to avoid this in the future?

I entered the SMS authorization number with a dummy item about 10 min. beforehand to prep for checkout, and it said authorization expired when I tried to hit finalize order with Ruiner. I had to manually enter the payment info in again. Any way to avoid this in the future?
yeah, don't use paypal

I did the same on a browser, not mobile, about an hour before RUINER went live. Zero issues at checkout.

I usually sign in before I order and check out with credit card, not Paypal.  All of my info is prefilled until the payment method.  I just enter that info super quick and its done.  Whole process usually takes under a minute.

I tried checking out with a single display stand first. It sent me a verification text to my phone where I had to enter 6 digits. Once verified, it's just one-step auto-complete and then go, when the product goes live.

Still, I have used Paypal for every purchase in the past and never missed out on an item before. It just takes several more seconds, maybe 15-40sec depending on traffic and loading.

bread's done
Back