Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/997255014593609729

So, it's possible that the limit may be reduce to one per person based on KS claims. Hopefully that comforts those going after the CEs.

So wait, the Standard Edition PS4/Vita release is a pre order?
Yep, so probably open for 2 weeks. CSH was always an unknown in regards to qty's to produce, so they probably feel they can sell the most this way. The CE are limited, and also allow for KS pledges to have first chance to buy. So no telling how either option may go, but it will be interesting if nothing else. LOL

I have no problem with making the CE stupid rare if the actual game is available to anyone who wants it. Go collect coins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many CSH sales were lost on Steam over the last 1.5 years as people have waited for the physical release.   To me, that's a mindfuck.   It's something I would have bought during a sale.  I was shocked to see that there are only 237 reviews on Steam for a game that I consider to be much higher profile. 

Open preorder for the standard version of Cosmic Star Heroine is awesome and now I have no worries about getting it next week for Vita. Been waiting a long time for this one.

I wonder how many CSH sales were lost on Steam over the last 1.5 years as people have waited for the physical release. To me, that's a mindfuck. It's something I would have bought during a sale. I was shocked to see that there are only 237 reviews on Steam for a game that I consider to be much higher profile.
It sold pretty poorly across the board, unfortunately. Kind of baffles me as well. I've always considered Zeboyd in the highest tier of indie games based on their previous titles, but I suppose that's not public sentiment.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/997236026497294337
I haven't really been a fan of the few LRG collectors editions I've purchased, but I honestly wanna get this just for the homage to the Saturn/SCD WD games. Plus, I really wanna know how their reproduction longbox jewel cases turn out.

So, over at LRG forums, I just saw that they plan to up CE qty's if the KS backers buy to many copies(limit of one per backer). So that way, everyone can have a shot to buy. So if they only sell a few hundred to KS, they probably won't up any numbers, but if they sell in much higher numbers, they plan to add more. So the CE numbers aren't set in stone, so that shows LRG is paying attention this time.

I really just want the long box and manual from the CE, but the standard is getting a full color manual, I just don't know if it will match the CE one. The CE manual will big big to fit the long box, and have foil accents, like the old Working Design manuals had. LRG has stated the manual in the regular version is the same amount of pages and full color, but no mention it will get the higher production quality as the CE one will have. If the standard is the same, just smaller, I'll pass on the CE.

Still waiting on the SMRPG CE contents, so I can see about budgeting for that if need be, as including some action figures is pretty cool.

Thanks, so mainly the action figures will be the draw here, so once they post pics, I'll decide then. Full color manual comes in the case, so the standard should have this as well, although their info just says manual, but it should be color as well. Unless the AF are super great(or the packaging), I'll probably just buy the standard here as well.
714de169cc875bad51c685267047badf.jpg
55b0d0fb12c221f2a556c2f8df59ecb9.jpg

These are the prototypes they posted last month, if that is any indication...

This will be only my second LRG purchase (after Shadow Complex Remastered).  I'm not a big-time collector of this stuff.  But I LOVE Pixl Junk Monsters and I'm a Steelbook junkie.  So I couldn't resist this CE, especially with its limited number.

It's a little curious to me that the PC Pixeljunk Monsters 2 CE (which is $20 cheaper at $49.99) appears to be a true open preorder with no limits shown while the console versions of the CE (which appear to contain the same items) are being sold as limited (2500 units for Switch, 1500 units for PS4). 

I could have a bad memory but didn’t LRG say that CEs would be reduced this year? In 2017 they had a lot of CEs for mediocre games and I thought they announced that they listenened to the fans and would limit the number of games with a CE in 2018. It seems that every single Switch release has a CE now... is that just the standard going forward?

Manuals are cool but slightly overrated. I mean I had the biggest Vita one ever with the Summon Knight 6, and it's just aight. I'll likely be in for a Cosmic Star Heroine regular Vita version, but i'm not sure. I already own it on PSN heh.

So many unnecessary CEs for games that don't deserve them.  I think that people are caught up in the hype of sold-out collector's editions.

It sold pretty poorly across the board, unfortunately. Kind of baffles me as well. I've always considered Zeboyd in the highest tier of indie games based on their previous titles, but I suppose that's not public sentiment.
Most of their past games are pretty linear and short and are pretty cheap (you can get a combo of Breath of Death VII and Cthulu saves the world for $2.99 regular price on Steam... cheaper on sale). It's not that bad a deal considering the games aren't exactly top tier of their genre. CSH is $15 and suffers from the same kind of feedback that it's pretty linear and overall kind of short. It looks beautiful and I think like the other games the story is ok... but... at that price you'd be wiser to go buy an actual classic rpg and play it first. I'm sure the price held back a lot of people. For me, I just don't like very linear RPG's. I want a world to explore with other stuff to do and the ability to kind of tackle the adventure my own way even if the end goal is the same no matter what path you take.

It makes sense to me why it hasn't sold well.

I could have a bad memory but didn’t LRG say that CEs would be reduced this year? In 2017 they had a lot of CEs for mediocre games and I thought they announced that they listenened to the fans and would limit the number of games with a CE in 2018. It seems that every single Switch release has a CE now... is that just the standard going forward?
They said releases would slow down in general but that's definitely not the case any more. I've given up hope for them ever showing up in this thread again

Let's see what they list on CE page:

• Cosmic Star Heroine physical game for the PlayStation Vita
  • Reversible cover
  • 76 page full-color manual
  • Working Designs influenced long-box jewel case featuring a manual and tray card with gloss and foil embellishments
  • 4 art lithographs
  • Reversible 18 x 24 inch poster
  • CD soundtrack

Reversible cover, Physical game(obviously) and full-color manual are part of the standard edition. So what's really exclusive in this CE?

• Working Designs influenced long-box jewel case featuring a manual and tray card with gloss and foil embellishments
  • 4 art lithographs
  • CD soundtrack

These stuff are paper junk for me and I have 0 interest in the jewel case. The only decent content it includes is a soundtrack but their CE's are so good that people considers CSH CE to be their best. LRG is going full EA

So many unnecessary CEs for games that don't deserve them. I think that people are caught up in the hype of sold-out collector's editions.
a lot of their CE are garbage. like $30-40 more for some papers, soundtrack, mini book, steelbook. not worth it. i'm only interested in the steelbook.

I don't buy much from them but that Working Designs inspired longbox jewel case is right up my alley. Love stuff like that

I played Antiquia Lost for about an hour on my Android phone. It's honestly worth about $2 on a good sale at most. It's super average and while I do like slime girls, cause I like monster girls, it's pretty average overall. I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you really want a full Vita collection. It is cute, mind you, but very simple and cheap feeling.

a lot of their CE are garbage. like $30-40 more for some papers, soundtrack, mini book, steelbook. not worth it. i'm only interested in the steelbook.
While I do agree about only wanting the steelbook, I don't think this is exclusive to LRG. I've been seeing a lot of what I'd consider low-effort CEs lately. I'd personally prefer to just pay MSRP + $10 for a steelbook edition.

While I do agree about only wanting the steelbook, I don't think this is exclusive to LRG. I've been seeing a lot of what I'd consider low-effort CEs lately. I'd personally prefer to just pay MSRP + $10 for a steelbook edition.
yeah, I would gladly pay +$10 just to get the retail version in a steelbook without any extra stuff that's just gonna eat up space

I prefer a small art book but it needs to have developer/artist commentary. These games likely won’t ever get standalone art books so a CE one is as good as it gets. Hardcover preferred, of course.

Lately? Most CEs have always been low effort. At least for the last 5-7 years if not longer. They are money grabs, it's what they are. I had to severely cut down on my CE buying for a variety of reasons. Main being space. I actually started selling many of them off, I just don't have the space anymore.

I now only buy CEs if:

-It's an IP I absolutely adore, I'll probably buy no matter what unless the contents are completely insulting to the buyer

-Steelbook

-High quality statue/figurine

-Hard cover artbook

Basically has cut out all XSEED and NIS CEs henceforth just for starters. And I only don't fear like I'm missing out. It actually feels nice to have this burden off my shoulders and selling a lot of this crap off. I mean going back and looking at the contents, I can't believe I bought so much of this useless money grab crap over the years.

Lately? Most CEs have always been low effort. At least for the last 5-7 years if not longer. They are money grabs, it's what they are. I had to severely cut down on my CE buying for a variety of reasons. Main being space. I actually started selling many of them off, I just don't have the space anymore.

I now only buy CEs if:

-It's an IP I absolutely adore, I'll probably buy no matter what unless the contents are completely insulting to the buyer

-Steelbook

-High quality statue/figurine

-Hard cover artbook

Basically has cut out all XSEED and NIS CEs henceforth just for starters. And I only don't fear like I'm missing out. It actually feels nice to have this burden off my shoulders and selling a lot of this crap off. I mean going back and looking at the contents, I can't believe I bought so much of this useless money grab crap over the years.
Minus the artbook that's my strategy now as well. I just don't have room for all of the shovelware extras that are being released. I have a bunch of crap I've been meaning to sell off, but between the lowballs and collectors being hypersensitive about condition it's an exhausting effort.

I love Working Designs. I have all their Saturn and Turbografx/CD games but I'm not spending an extra $35 for a CE just because they throw the name Working Designs in the description. The standard editions is pretty nice with the full color manual and reversible cover but since it's $15 extra instead of the usual $10 extra it would have been nice if they included the poster (or anything really) to compensate.

Can someone attempt to sell me on Saturday Morning RPG? Not really a fan of RPGS in general, but especially not turn-based. Perhaps the nostalgic references are worth it? The trailer and the game seem pretty cheaply made, in my opinion. 

Can someone attempt to sell me on Saturday Morning RPG? Not really a fan of RPGS in general, but especially not turn-based. Perhaps the nostalgic references are worth it? The trailer and the game seem pretty cheaply made, in my opinion.
I can't imagine playing through a game in a genre that I especially didn't like just for some nostalgic references. It's an average turn based rpg with some cute references that add to the enjoyment but it's in no way a must play game.

I can't imagine playing through a game in a genre that I especially didn't like just for some nostalgic references. It's an average turn based rpg with some cute references that add to the enjoyment but it's in no way a must play game.
Yeah; me neither. I don’t think this one’s for me. Any hints at what could be on LRG’s radar for Switch next?

Thanks.

Let's see what they list on CE page:

• Cosmic Star Heroine physical game for the PlayStation Vita
  • Reversible cover
  • 76 page full-color manual
  • 4 art lithographs
  • CD soundtrack

Reversible cover, Physical game(obviously) and full-color manual are part of the standard edition. So what's really exclusive in this CE?

• 4 art lithographs
  • CD soundtrack

These stuff are paper junk for me and I have 0 interest in the jewel case. The only decent content it includes is a soundtrack but their CE's are so good that people considers CSH CE to be their best. LRG is going full EA
You could buy the full soundtrack off Bandcamp for $8 in a lossless format(FLAC, WAV). So you're not missing out if you don't get the CE for the physical soundtrack.

Heh; turns out I own Saturday Morning RPG on PS4 / Vita. I must have purchased it during a sale or something. 

You know it’s bad when you don’t even know what you own. 

You could buy the full soundtrack off Bandcamp for $8 in a lossless format(FLAC, WAV). So you're not missing out if you don't get the CE for the physical soundtrack.
True, but I hope LRG sells the physical soundtrack separately as that's the main thing from the CE that interests me.

I’d imagine SMRPG is targeting the saturday morning 80s cartoon fan. That would be mostly almost 40s. Not sure how many fit that niche, but it’s probably many more than you’d expect.

bread's done
Back