Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Rain World is still a PS4 exclusive right? I am just asking because usually after a game gets announced by LRG, the next question is "will this game be released on the Switch"? So, anyone know if this game will be coming to the Switch? lol

Rain World is still a PS4 exclusive right? I am just asking because usually after a game gets announced by LRG, the next question is "will this game be released on the Switch"? So, anyone know if this game will be coming to the Switch? lol
The developer was hinting at a Switch port in August, but they haven't announced anything.

Did you order it by itself or with other items? I ordered it with the other releases for that week and my shipment is being held up because of that. If you just ordered the standard edition by itself then it probably should have shipped already.
Ordered by itself. Thats why I was wondering how they sent out the orders. Were they done in the order they were received? I would have waited to order with other games if I knew it would have taken this long.

Friday December 7th game list was emailed out.

Headlander for PS4
&
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for Switch

Ordered by itself. Thats why I was wondering how they sent out the orders. Were they done in the order they were received? I would have waited to order with other games if I knew it would have taken this long.
I don't think they have an order to it. You might have just got unlucky and ended up pushed to the second batch. Double check your order status. That said, I have had orders show up and get the shipping notification a week later. You could also open a ticket and ask the status on your order since you were quicker than myself at ordering and haven't heard a thing where as I got mine Monday. One other note, I live only a couple states away from LRG, so location on shipping may matter but seeing as you haven't got a shipping notice you were probably pushed to the second batch which they haven't discussed yet even though Best Buy copies will somehow be shipping in just over a week. Makes me wonder if they took some of the early copies and got the bb versions packaged at the same time as the first batch folks.

Friday December 7th game list was emailed out.

Headlander for PS4
&
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for Switch
There is a third PS4 release with both a standard and CE version for Friday, December 7th that will be announced on the Playstation Blog just before going up on the LRG store site.

There is a third PS4 release with both a standard and CE version for Friday, December 7th that will be announced on the Playstation Blog just before going up on the LRG store site.
This is their supposed "biggest PS4 game ever." If I heard correctly I believe the standard edition will be an open preorder while the CE will by typically limited.

So it'll be announced on the PSBlog... My uneducated guess is that it's inFamous First Light as that hasn't had a domestic release physically or something else Sony.

It'd be nice if it was something like Metal Wolf Chaos. We haven't heard about a release of the remaster for a while. I hope it's not an Indie that would be disappointing after all their hype. 

This is their supposed "biggest PS4 game ever." If I heard correctly I believe the standard edition will be an open preorder while the CE will by typically limited.
Correction, it appears the standard edition will be limited to 5000 copies, not an open preorder, and will cost $24.99. The CE will be limited to 3000 copies (of which only 2500 will be sold) and cost $74.99.

So does anyone have an educated guess what it'll be aside from a random guess?
Not sure at all - could be anything. One hint though is they are giving away 500 copies of the CE to the developers, which hints that it is likely coming from a big development team/company.

I am Setsuna would be quite neat, obviously, but it does have a Japanese Switch release with English, so that makes it less exciting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

I rather it be something that never got a physical release t
Same here, but what big games are left that haven't had some region drop a physical option? Also if the PS Blog is announcing it, it makes me think it's something from Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't be Setsuna, it's 40 on psn. They'd charge 50+
Hmmm... I didn't see the thing about the release being $24.99, then yeah, you're right, no way LRG releases a game below standard digital price.

So it probably is Infamous then. Or maybe Celeste. Though I don't think Celeste would count as their biggest release, as great as it was, it's not well known enough.

I am Setsuna would be quite neat, obviously, but it does have a Japanese Switch release with English, so that makes it less exciting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
I think one of the asian variants even comes with an official english cover

If the $24.99 price tag is true, so far I think Infamous First Light makes the most sense. It's $14.99 on the PS Store, which means a $10 markup for a physical copy makes sense. LRG's markups are usually higher than $5. Also Sucker Punch is a pretty big developer, and if Sony has been hyping it themselves, Infamous has been chosen as one of Sony's "Mt Rushmore" of Sony exclusive staples, at least early on in PS4's life cycle, it would make sense for them to hype it.

Infamous: First Light may not heavily interest people in this particular thread, because a lot of people here like niche games or rare games, and when you think of both, Sucker Punch or Infamous isn't what typically comes to mind, but from LRG's perspective, getting a Sucker Punch title would be a pretty big coup from a mainstream standpoint.

If the $24.99 price tag is true, so far I think Infamous First Light makes the most sense. It's $14.99 on the PS Store, which means a $10 markup for a physical copy makes sense. LRG's markups are usually higher than $5. Also Sucker Punch is a pretty big developer, and if Sony has been hyping it themselves, Infamous has been chosen as one of Sony's "Mt Rushmore" of Sony exclusive staples, at least early on in PS4's life cycle, it would make sense for them to hype it.

Infamous: First Light may not heavily interest people in this particular thread, because a lot of people here like niche games or rare games, and when you think of both, Sucker Punch or Infamous isn't what typically comes to mind, but from LRG's perspective, getting a Sucker Punch title would be a pretty big coup from a mainstream standpoint.
I love Infamous. Platinum'd the PS3 games, and played through both of the PS4 games.. but still don't think I'd buy First Light physical. Would be an awful choice, it's more of a side story to give some backstory to one of the characters than anything, and doesn't seem like something that'd have value for collectors

I would snag First Light up in a second if that is the release. I have it free through plus, but i have always wanted to own it physically. Such a good game, even if a bit short. While i hope that is it, my guess is that we will see a different game. I hope i am wrong.

Its Resogun
Isn't resogun on the same level of popularity as nex machina?

if it really is resogun, easy pass for me. It's fun, but not a need to own for me.

Unpopular opinion, but I hope it's not first light either. Insomniac could make it happen on their own if they really wanted to.

It would be cool if it was a physical release of the upcoming Borderlands 2 VR. I cant believe we arent getting a physical release for that. But the price doesn't work, so that can't be it.

I know only some of you only collect for NA. But a European Physical release of Infamous First Light does exist. Hence, my reluctance to believe it is that. The "hypest LRG ever" would leave me incredibly disappointed

It probably is Hollow Knight. But I don't see how December 7th is a meaningful date for such an announcement.

I keep hoping it's Earth Defense Force 5.

I'll say Brawlhalla Legends edition. Ubisoft pulled some strings and got an exclusive Sony character added to the PS4 version. Sony hypes it up to help satiate all the PS4 fans thirsty for Smash on 12/7.

I'll buy Hollow Knight when it's available physically but it's not worthy of "LRG's Biggest game ever". I don't have high expectations but LRG is setting everyone else up for disappointment if it's not a good surprise out of left field. 

I was under the assumption the game was a PS4 exclusive. If not, then it could be Hollow Knight. That game is freaking amazing, my favorite of 2018.

Did LRG say that SK Bon Appetit Full Course would not be PSTV compatible? The US standard and Asian versions are both compatible. Just found out it wasn't compatible when I tried to play it this afternoon...

Didn't they say a physical release may occur for hollow knight during spring 2019.
I believe Hollow Knight had a planned physical release but it was recently cancelled, https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-10-physical-edition-of-hollow-knight-cancelled

I guarantee that every single limited / special / reserve / etc distributor probably started hitting them up to see if they could assist and make it happen, it's a no brainer game to pick up, but the devs themselves came out and said their team just didn't have the time with still ongoing work happening on the game

Whatever the big game is I'm likely checked out for LRG. I did get my Golf Story, which seems OK so far. i will just likely go for the House of Fata Morgana and maybe Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, as I like quirky fighting games for the rest of the announced releases. 

Dec 6/7 is the 2 year anniversary date for the launch of The Last Guardian. Not saying it's connected ... but trying to find something. It could be something to coincide with The Last of Us 2 getting a release date but I think all of that content is available physically.

I keep coming back to inFamous First Light. I'd buy a NA copy of that. But 5K copies with a 2 per person limit seems like maybe they don't have faith in the title being that big. They mainly seem to suggest this is the most well known game yet... which still leaves me drawing a blank.

i doubt its Hollow Knight as I feel it was canceled a few weeks ago by the current publisher and I think LRG was hyping this "biggest release ever for PS4" before that cancellation

I have no idea what they could announce that could justify that claim, and have it coincide with the PSN store. Only thing that could be their biggest to date and still be a PS4 exclusive for the moment is maybe Final Fantasy VII.

I am more interested in this Wii U Release. Really pulling for Axiom Verge disc only, or the Multiverse CE edition

Now that I've bought Hollow Night for $7.49 on Switch, and subsequently received it unannounced in my latest Humble Monthly, it would make sense that it would be the next big title that LRG is selling. 

The biggest PS4 game ever is likely a PS4 exclusive, so that rules out Hollow Knight (which I am sure will get a physical release in the next year or two).

That Infamous guess is a good one.  My personal wish it is the "new" Castlevania that came out for PS4.  There is also the chance that it is a brand new game that hasn't been released yet.

I am a little confused why they are only allocating a total stock of 8000 copies (standard and LE) when I believe that may not be their biggest PS4 print ever.  You would think their biggest PS4 release would get their biggest PS4 print run.  That smallish print run is kind of what is leading me to believe that this will be a disappointing big announcement.

The biggest PS4 game ever is likely a PS4 exclusive, so that rules out Hollow Knight (which I am sure will get a physical release in the next year or two).

That Infamous guess is a good one. My personal wish it is the "new" Castlevania that came out for PS4. There is also the chance that it is a brand new game that hasn't been released yet.

I am a little confused why they are only allocating a total stock of 8000 copies (standard and LE) when I believe that may not be their biggest PS4 print ever. You would think their biggest PS4 release would get their biggest PS4 print run. That smallish print run is kind of what is leading me to believe that this will be a disappointing big announcement.
If your talking about the SOFT/Rondo Castlevania, yeah I would love that as well. However I doubt it's that as that would pertain to Konami not being the usual complete bag of dicks to let it happen.

If your talking about the SOFT/Rondo Castlevania, yeah I would love that as well. However I doubt it's that as that would pertain to Konami not being the usual complete bag of dicks to let it happen.
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of, but as you said the chances are slim to none.

bread's done
Back