Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I think all signs point to Last Remnant Remastered. 

A) It's a "big" game in that it was a AAA release last gen on Xbox 360 by a major publisher Square Enix, but still niche enough in terms of being a remaster of a "lesser works" JRPG that an 8000 copy run makes sense rather than retail.

B) 500 copies are going to the developers, which means it is a fairly large studio (e.g. Square Enix) and not indie.

C) It will be $20 on PSN digitally, which lines up with the $25 LRG standard edition price.

D) It comes out December 6 on PSN, which is right before the LRG December 7 date.  A concurrent announcement featured on the official PlayStation blog makes sense if they are promoting a new exclusive release on PS4 such as Last Remnant Remastered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all signs point to Last Remnant Remastered.

A) It's a "big" game in that it was a AAA release last gen on Xbox 360 by a major publisher Square Enix, but still niche enough in terms of being a remaster of a "lesser works" JRPG that an 8000 copy run makes sense rather than retail.

B) 500 copies are going to the developers, which means it is a fairly large studio (e.g. Square Enix) and not indie.

C) It will be $20 on PSN digitally, which lines up with the $25 LRG standard edition price.

D) It comes out December 6 on PSN, which is right before the LRG December 7 date. A concurrent announcement featured on the official PlayStation blog makes sense if they are promoting a new exclusive release on PS4 such as Last Remnant Remastered.
I'm starting to think it may be this as well. LRG usually charges $10 above digital, but $5 above or even same as digital is not unheard of if that is what the developer wants. Square Enix used Gamestop to sell Secret of Mana physical as an exclusive (likely with not a huge print) so I can see them using LRG for this.

For those who got the Salt and Sanctuary CE for,PS4, is the box supposed to be a lot smaller than their usual CE boxes for PS4? I wasn’t planning on opening it and there’s no identification on the box, but it’s a lot smaller than the usual ones so I wasn’t sure if they sent a Vita version by accident.

I camnot fathom The Last Remnant to be the "most hypest release of all time" for LRG.

The price would still have to cost more because LRG would have to pay for the ESRB rating for physical copies now

For those who got the Salt and Sanctuary CE for,PS4, is the box supposed to be a lot smaller than their usual CE boxes for PS4? I wasn’t planning on opening it and there’s no identification on the box, but it’s a lot smaller than the usual ones so I wasn’t sure if they sent a Vita version by accident.
You're gonna have to elaborate. I've gotten ps4 and vita CE in the same sized boxes.

I know only some of you only collect for NA. But a European Physical release of Infamous First Light does exist. Hence, my reluctance to believe it is that. The "hypest LRG ever" would leave me incredibly disappointed
There is no way it's "Infamous First Light."

I don't believe "The Last Remnant", either, but it's a better guess than "Infamous First Light." I have a hard time not seeing Square-Enix releasing their own physical store exclusive before handing it over to LRG, but maybe....

For it to be their "biggest release ever", I'd be looking more for something like "Mark of the Ninja Remastered." If this is $24.99, it's sure not that, though.

My guesses would be:

Child of Light - maybe LRG could consider this huge.... not me, but I guess... and it had a Vita physical release

Costume Quest - I can't see them only releasing one of the games and not both, though

One of the LucasArts remasters (Grim Fandango just got a physical release, so is it that impossible to think LRG could get Full Throttle or Day of the Tentacle?)
Trine - this would be HUGE, but like Costume Quest, I can't see them only releasing one

I can't see them getting a Capcom game, otherwise Strider would have been a possibility.

By saying "well known", I am leaning towards "Full Throttle" or "Day of the Tentacle".

Any possibility it could end up being a PS2 classic in disc format for PS4? I know at one point they mentioned wanting to dip their toes into that pool.

Any chance it's a Konami game? While there's no way they'd make a MGS Collection limited print, I could totally see Simpsons or X-men arcade.

Edit: Although the licensing is likely near impossible.

Any chance it's a Konami game? While there's no way they'd make a MGS Collection limited print, I could totally see Simpsons or X-men arcade.

Edit: Although the licensing is likely near impossible.
Yes, it would be impossible. You're talking about games that aren't even being sold digitally any longer (like Scott Pilgrim).

Although, speaking of Konami, "most well known" would also apply to the recent Castlevania release (which someone has already speculated - that would be great if LRG got a Konami game).

If they got this latest Castlevania collection, I can't even fathom how I could pass up the CE.... but, LRG would probably find a way to do the impossible. :) Plastic fangs? A bat pin? A blank CD-R with the label from the original PS SOTN game?

For it to be their "biggest release ever", I'd be looking more for something like "Mark of the Ninja Remastered." If this is $24.99, it's sure not that, though.
They have on the listing:

"This is one of the most well-known games we have ever released. It will be revealed on Friday, December 7th shortly before 10AM through the official PlayStation Blog."

Is Mark of the Ninja Remastered that well known? I ask seriously. I just don't see that being up there Shantae, Oddworld, Night Trap, Y's Origin, and some of the other more well-known games that LRG has released.

Another clue we have is the standard edition is $24.99 while the CE is 3x as much at $74.99. That's a massive price gap. It's got to be a game with a big enough name that people will pay 3x for a CE.

Starting with the base price, it's likely $14.99 or less on PSN if it's an existing game.

I took some time and looked through every game from Free to $19.99 for the PS4 on PSN. I tried to check releases to be sure everything was digital only in the USA.

Here's the results:

From low price to high...

* Hitman Go Complete Collection (maybe Sony is getting the previously Occulus exclusive VR version?)

* Bloodstained Curse of the Moon (Not sure if this is well known enough yet since we have yet to even get the main game)

* Goat Simulator The Bundle (EU has a physical version, not NA)

* Ikaruga (not sure why this would be PS Blog material, but I could see a CE pushing that high price with ship models)

* Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept (unlikely but it's a big name and I think it's digital only)

* Laura Croft Go (there's also Temple of Osiris though it has an EU physical option)

* The Last of Us Left Behind (Standalone version, I don't see why they'd release a separate version from the physical bundle)

* Assassins Creed Freedom Cry (Standalone, I don't think it has a physical option, doesn't seem a likely candidate though)

* Hollow Knight Voldheart Edition (not sure if this is well known enough compared to legacy brands LRG has done)

* inFamous First Light (I'd buy it just to have it. That would leave Festival of Blood as being the only one not to go physical)

* Jak 3

* Jak 2

* Locoroco Remastered

* Locoroco 2 Remastered

* Parappa The Rapper Remastered (maybe to coincide with Um Jammer Lammy getting a Remastered version?)

* Resogun (not sure if well known enough but fits the pricing)

* Strider (currently on sale for 2.99 as of this post, I could see this being it just because it's on sale!)

* The Walking Dead Michonne (could be a skybound deal, CE would have her sword?) (EDIT: Didn't know it had a physical)

After this point the prices go up...only game close to $15 but just over...

* Final Fantasy VII (not sure why Square would not just do this themselves, Hitman Go/Laura Croft Go... I could see them farming that out)

$19.99 games...

* Castlevania Requiem (probably an instant buy from me even though I don't really need it)

* Mark of the Ninja Remastered ($19.99, not sure if it's popular enough compared to what LRG has released)

* The Disney Afternoon Collection ($19.99, not sure why it would be this, but I guess it's well known enough.. but the CE? and why PS Blog?)

That's it for $19.99 and under other than random big names like the classic arcade games which I can't see them selling individually.

I keep going back to inFamous First Light. It's a Sucker Punch Productions game and they could tie that to some info on their new game, Ghost of Tsushima. I don't think this is really likely. Some of those games listed, I'd likely buy.

I'm keeping my expectations as every other mystery release and expect My Name is Mayo.

I can tell you right now it won't be The Walking Dead Michonne.  It already got a physical release as part of the The Walking Dead Collection.  Plus all the Telltale staff were layoff so there is one one to give the 500 copies to.

I can tell you right now it won't be The Walking Dead Michonne. It already got a physical release as part of the The Walking Dead Collection. Plus all the Telltale staff were layoff so there is one one to give the 500 copies to.
Didn't realize it was part of a bundle... I struck it from the list. Thanks. Skybound has the rights to the final season and is finish it with former telltale developers, it wouldn't shock me at all to learn part of the negotiations was for the rights to the original games.

It's going to be a heck of a scramble on Friday to get the announcement right before the mystery game goes on sale.

Am I alone in hoping it's Citizens of Earth?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Guess it's just me!

(I know it doesn't fit the criteria... would just be nice!)

I believe Hollow Knight had a planned physical release but it was recently cancelled, https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-10-physical-edition-of-hollow-knight-cancelled

I guarantee that every single limited / special / reserve / etc distributor probably started hitting them up to see if they could assist and make it happen, it's a no brainer game to pick up, but the devs themselves came out and said their team just didn't have the time with still ongoing work happening on the game
Damnit...

I did some sleuthing on the LRG site and noticed that the placeholder images for Friday's surprise are titled "MN9-PSV" and "MN9-PSV-CE". It looks like Mighty Number 9 for the Vita,but since we already know it's a PS4 release I'm convinced it's an Easter egg or joke of some kind. I'm pretty sure the image file name is how folks figured out PixelJunk before it was revealed, so it makes sense they'd throw something like this up.

Almost certainly inconsequential, but I got a chuckle out of it.

I did some sleuthing on the LRG site and noticed that the placeholder images for Friday's surprise are titled "MN9-PSV" and "MN9-PSV-CE". It looks like Mighty Number 9 for the Vita,but since we already know it's a PS4 release I'm convinced it's an Easter egg or joke of some kind. I'm pretty sure the image file name is how folks figured out PixelJunk before it was revealed, so it makes sense they'd throw something like this up.

Almost certainly inconsequential, but I got a chuckle out of it.
LRG does that on purpose to mess around withe people trying to dig

It looks like there's been a lot of news about the new Toejam and Earl game over the past few days and LRG partnered to produce those Sega boxes a while ago. That may be a contender as well.

Toejam and Earl announced release is March
Toe Jam & Earl got delayed til 2019 plus theres a switch version so I don't think thats the game.
If LRG put in an order for something today, it likely wouldn't be produced and in their warehouse until February or March. The last games they have a release date for indicate January, and there are several after that that are TBD. I don't think the release date really disqualifies it. If anything, the fact that the Playstation blog released the date and a Switch date hasn't been given lends some degree of credence I'd think.

Not asserting that this is it (there are several other good candidates people here have mentioned), just wanted to throw this one into the ring as a possibility.

If LRG put in an order for something today, it likely wouldn't be produced and in their warehouse until February or March. The last games they have a release date for indicate January, and there are several after that that are TBD. I don't think the release date really disqualifies it. If anything, the fact that the Playstation blog released the date and a Switch date hasn't been given lends some degree of credence I'd think.

Not asserting that this is it (there are several other good candidates people here have mentioned), just wanted to throw this one into the ring as a possibility.
They've already announced they are doing the physicals for the Kickstarter though months ago (indeed, they even sold an empty promo case at PAX and on their website) and the release date was revealed to backers and the press today. I can't see how this would be considered a big announcement given that everyone is already aware of it.

They've already announced they are doing the physicals for the Kickstarter though months ago (indeed, they even sold an empty promo case at PAX and on their website) and the release date was revealed to backers and the press today. I can't see how this would be considered a big announcement given that everyone is already aware of it.
Ah, I wasn't aware that it was already announced via Kickstarter. That does make it significantly less likely.

Could it be this?!?
In case the image doesn't show up, the official Playstation Twitter just announced a 'Quantic Dream Collection' for PS4 that includes Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain with a photo of a retail box stating it is 'out now' but the link goes to the PSN listing.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1070030143152893952

Could it be this?!?
In case the image doesn't show up, the official Playstation Twitter just announced a 'Quantic Dream Collection' for PS4 that includes Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain with a photo of a retail box stating it is 'out now' but the link goes to the PSN listing.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1070030143152893952
No. The game is only 24.99 from LRG.

Could it be this?!?
It will be announced on the 7th. It defeats the purpose its announced on the 4th

No. The game is only 24.99 from LRG.
Also, all of those games have gotten physical releases before from major publishers. A multi-pack for those games would just involve re-packagings of the same discs. A smaller publisher like LRG wouldn't be called on for a re-release like that.

Just got a production update email from LRG.

Plenty of updates in there, but one nugget I found especially interesting is that they have Mages of Mystralia in hand, but under "What has been ordered" is the Mages of Mystralia Kickstarter Edition. That's some serious bullshit. I'd be pissed if I had helped back this game and I had to wait while others got their orders delivered. Very reminiscent of Ouya.

I really hope this doesn't happen to Battle Princess Madelyn (which I did back) whenever it goes on sale on LRG. I better get my copy at the same time if not before non-backers!

I think it's gonna be the Castlevania SotN & RoBH bundle.
Would be great but the pricing doesn’t match up. They Typically add $10 to the digital price right?

Final fantasy Vll is a big game for them, exclusive to PS4, and falls in the price range. Just a guess of course

Would be great but the pricing doesn’t match up. They Typically add $10 to the digital price right?

Final fantasy Vll is a big game for them, exclusive to PS4, and falls in the price range. Just a guess of course
Is it even legal for LRG to re-release an already licensed game that was already released physically, on a new platform?

Is it even legal for LRG to re-release an already licensed game that was already released physically, on a new platform?
They did it with the Dragon's Lair Trilogy. It's probably a little more nuanced for FFVII but with the right people at the table there's no reason they couldn't. I really doubt it's anything that high-profile, but I'd be seriously impressed if it was.

In order for them to release Final Fantasy VII, they would have to have been approached directly by Square-Enix. While that's not impossible, it's fairly unlikely. Square-Enix is a major Japanese publisher with more than enough clout to produce their own physical copies. And even for a budget title like the digital re-release of Final Fantasy VII, there is enough of a fanbase for them to do that on their own. Again, not impossible, but I don't think it terribly likely. I think the recent low-res version of Bloodstained is much more likely.

I ordered standard edition copies for both PS4 and Vita for Phantom Breaker and don't have anything :/.

bread's done
Back