Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
How long does shipping normally take after the shipping notification was created? I received a shipping notice on the 5th, and the UPS tracking number states that UPS is still waiting for the game to reach them, anyone have a similar issue?
I have a slightly different situation myself. Got shipping notice on 12/4, it started tracking, but then abruptly stopped on 12/9 at a post office about 30 miles away from me. No tracking since then. I'm wondering if this is possibly lost in the mail, or sitting in a warehouse with all the other Christmas packages waiting to be delivered.

I’m sure there are worse examples, but I placed my first LRG order at the beginning of September and just received the first shipment from them; something I bought during the BF sale.

Based on the sporadic availability of their items, it would really be nice if they figured out how to ship orders in different configurations from how they were placed. It can’t be cost effective to keep inventory attached to a delayed release when other items are already on their way to the same address.

I have a slightly different situation myself. Got shipping notice on 12/4, it started tracking, but then abruptly stopped on 12/9 at a post office about 30 miles away from me. No tracking since then. I'm wondering if this is possibly lost in the mail, or sitting in a warehouse with all the other Christmas packages waiting to be delivered.
Probably the latter. USPS's quality of service always dips during the holiday season because of the sheer volume of packages they get.

Probably the latter. USPS's quality of service always dips during the holiday season because of the sheer volume of packages they get.
Yep, LRG uses that shipping saver crap, and that's a really cheap option, and it suffers when more higher level packages need to be delivered. Which at this time of year is everything, except for these LRG packages. LOL But if the package stays inactive for an extended period, someone may have decided for a 5 finger discount, but for those packages to sit around, it can be normal more often than not.

Yep, LRG uses that shipping saver crap, and that's a really cheap option, and it suffers when more higher level packages need to be delivered. Which at this time of year is everything, except for these LRG packages. LOL But if the package stays inactive for an extended period, someone may have decided for a 5 finger discount, but for those packages to sit around, it can be normal more often than not.
UPS Mail Innovations takes a long time because UPS takes it to specific mail points to get it into the Innovations mail stream, then trucks it by ground to a Innovations facility near the destination post office, and then the following day sends it to the post office, which then delivers it the following day after that - IF everything is working correctly.

Lots of my packages these days are sitting for days at a time between movement. Usually that means they ended up fallen behind a bench in a truck or mailing facility, or stuck at the back of a bin. They have always ended up being delivered.

Last year, I had a package not show up for over a month. I filed a lost item report with USPS and it still didn't resolve anything. Then one day, it magically showed up after I had given up on it.

Don't worry about your item yet. It will most likely show up as its probably delayed during this busy time of the year.

that just means LRG printed out your shipping label my dude. Doesn't mean they "shipped" it out. That takes a few days.
LRG customer service swears that it has been shipped out and the tracking just hasn't been updated. I agree with you though, its sitting somewhere not moving towards me.

Last edited by a moderator:
LRG customer service swears that it has been shipped out and the tracking just hasn't been updated. I agree with you though, its sitting somewhere not moving towards me.
Yeah, back when they first started that hand off shipping method, I believe there was a handful that didn't start moving for like a month. I think they had some issue with some part of it all, and there was a major delay in the orders being picked up, scanned, or some other BS. My longest wait to see tracking movement after getting the notice has probably been about the 2 week mark.

Don't worry.............you'll eventually get your shit!

Anyone noticed Shantae Switch getting a advertising push? I’ve seen it pop up on Facebook and YouTube several times, can only imagine this is Wayforwards push and LRG isn’t wasting resources on one particular game.

Anyone noticed Shantae Switch getting a advertising push? I’ve seen it pop up on Facebook and YouTube several times, can only imagine this is Wayforwards push and LRG isn’t wasting resources on one particular game.
nah, it's probably just data mining from your internet history turning into ads targeting you.

It amazes me you can basically be thinking about an item and it appears on your facebook feed. Ok, maybe not exactly like that, but close. I wouldn't be surprised if our phones are listening to what we say and somehow google/facebook,etc. puts ads in our face the next day.

It amazes me you can basically be thinking about an item and it appears on your facebook feed. Ok, maybe not exactly like that, but close. I wouldn't be surprised if our phones are listening to what we say and somehow google/facebook,etc. puts ads in our face the next day.
Working in advertising it's pretty crazy the attributes that get assigned and how easy is it to identify and see people's habits if you allow cookie tracking. Apple makes things really interesting with their ITP as your cookie automatically expires after 24 hours so it limits the ability to track you as a 3rd party in their eco-system

It’s true. Which is why I suggest to all of my friends to delete fb and stay clear of it. At the minimum if for some reason you must use it, delete the app and only use it with private browsing.

Got a shipping confirmation for Layers of Fear (PS4) today. Seems like the first one I've gotten in about a month. At least they're making some progress in the shipping backlog; they're down to ~2.5 months behind sales now for most items (discounting things like Everspace, PJM2 that had other factors at play).

I also just noticed they have non-Kickstarter versions of Mages of Mystralia set to ship before the Kickstarter versions. What a bummer. Wasn't it originally supposed to be the other way around?

My Phantom Breaker arrived earlier.

I appreciate the effort they put into the cover art design front and back, but would it kill them to spend a bit more effort on the spine at least?

Feels like someone just got lazy, and copy and pasted the logo, and right clicked a paint bucket to fill the rest.

tumblr_p6c1qxIxSS1rad1dao1_500.gif

Got my Phantom Breaker and Bastion today as well. Odd to say it but thanks to the splurge in shipping recently my waiting list is now dwindled down to one...Rabi Ribi.

Got my Phantom Breaker and Bastion today as well. Odd to say it but thanks to the splurge in shipping recently my waiting list is now dwindled down to one...Rabi Ribi.
I've been getting tons lately as well, but I still have 10 in my queue after just checking it. The good thing is my purchases at LRG are winding down, so I guess I should check my rewards tickets, so I can get a few freebies before I'm done. I was holding out waiting for some unique reward offerings, but now seeing their new program on the site, that seems to be unlikely at this point. I reached 40 tickets ages ago, and I'll have to look in to options in regards to combining old tickets with the new system in case I fall short of another 40.

Last year, I had a package not show up for over a month. I filed a lost item report with USPS and it still didn't resolve anything. Then one day, it magically showed up after I had given up on it.

Don't worry about your item yet. It will most likely show up as its probably delayed during this busy time of the year.
Well after being stuck at a post office for 10 days with no updates, the tracking finally updated two days ago and the package was delivered yesterday. Guess they found it finally. Crisis averted (as it contained $160 in merchandise).

I've been getting tons lately as well, but I still have 10 in my queue after just checking it. The good thing is my purchases at LRG are winding down, so I guess I should check my rewards tickets, so I can get a few freebies before I'm done. I was holding out waiting for some unique reward offerings, but now seeing their new program on the site, that seems to be unlikely at this point. I reached 40 tickets ages ago, and I'll have to look in to options in regards to combining old tickets with the new system in case I fall short of another 40.
After some of my other orders arrive I’ll have 80 tickets. I’ll bensure to use those before Vita releases end so I’m not stuck with a ton of tickets. Unfortunately, I just don’t think about it when a game is announced.

Looks like Windjammers may be the next LRG game that Best Buy will carry.

From the item description on the LRG website:

Best Buy will be receiving 5,000 copies of this game with a different, non-reversible, cover. Best Buy's copies will not be available until a later date and will likely not overlap our own preorder window. Please understand that if you sit out on our open window in order to try and secure a copy through Best Buy, you may be left empty handed. Best Buy also has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Opt to wait at your own risk.

I've been away from this thread for a bit. Has anything been announced beyond Celeste yet? Considering it's a month long preorder, I'm looking to hold off on ordering it right away and possibly bundle with another upcoming game to save a couple bucks on shipping. 

Looks like Windjammers may be the next LRG game that Best Buy will carry.

From the item description on the LRG website:
Nice.

I already have the game on PS4, so I don't care much if I weren't able to secure a Switch copy.

But, GCU beckons, so I'll definitely wait and see if BB gets in on them.

Lots of LRG Vita releases appear to be at risk:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1076116967155740674

With the flurry of Q3/Q4 releases I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little surprised they weren't keeping better track of the allotment. 

With the flurry of Q3/Q4 releases I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little surprised they weren't keeping better track of the allotment.
Something tells me they were focusing a bit too much on their Switch lineup.

Well, they've been saying for awhile Sony was cutting qty's, and apparently it didn't matter how many you requested before hand or not. So it seems the fault lies at Sony's feet, as they are finally killing the Vita completely, and why they wouldn't make enough carts to cover demand across so many final releases is a mind boggle to me. They seem to want to just have titles canceled, than deliver to the fans who wanted and waited for certain titles(a good wait to for some of these last titles). But nothing new from a company who gave up on their latest device shortly after it was released because they had better things to do.

Sony left the Vita dying on the side of the road back in 2012.  Miraculously it survived in the wild, raised by urban raccoons and squirrels. 

Well, I can't really blame them for shifting focus to the Switch. The Vita has been on borrowed time for years, and currently has a hard end date for the end of ALL Vita cart production. It's only a matter of time until Vita game releases end for good and all. The Switch is an obvious and viable alternative that will likely continue to exist for a while. Doesn't hurt to have a fall-back when the Vita is only a memory.

Yeah he acted like he had everything accounted for and taken care of when he was saying they had 20+ vita games still to release. I guess not...

I wonder what (some of) the Vita titles are considering how much mediocrity all these publishers have been pressing to the carts these last few months. 

What makes you think this was within his control? It sounds like Sony readjusted the allotment.
They only said, "our remaining Vita cartridge allotment with Sony is far lower than we expected." I don't think it's particularly clear if Sony adjusted it or if they just miscounted. Regardless, they knew the cart allotment was limited well in advance and were still planning on releasing 20+ more games. If they knew that was a constraint well in advance, it's hard to imagine there wasn't some degree of negligence involved. If I was in their shoes it's something I'd be checking weekly, keeping documented, etc.

I always wondered how NISA could randomly announce 3 physical Vita titles so late in the game. I wonder if a lot of it went to them, especially after stuff came back in stock after the initial sell-out.

They only said, "our remaining Vita cartridge allotment with Sony is far lower than we expected." I don't think it's particularly clear if Sony adjusted it or if they just miscounted. Regardless, they knew the cart allotment was limited well in advance and were still planning on releasing 20+ more games. If they knew that was a constraint well in advance, it's hard to imagine there wasn't some degree of negligence involved. If I was in their shoes it's something I'd be checking weekly, keeping documented, etc.
Right, why assume the logical answer when you can just accuse someone else of acting with malice or negligence?

Right, why assume the logical answer when you can just accuse someone else of acting with malice or negligence?
I don't understand how you came to that conclusion based on what I posted. Asserting Sony dropped LRG's cartridge allotment without notice is no more logical or less accusatory than anything I said, you're just redirecting blame to Sony.

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion based on what I posted. Asserting Sony dropped LRG's cartridge allotment without notice is no more logical or less accusatory than anything I said, you're just redirecting blame to Sony.
I'm pretty sure LRG has been saying for awhile, that's exactly what Sony was doing. How true or untrue that was based on the info coming from LRG side of the puzzle, but this isn't new info. LRG has been doing this for years, so it's very unlikely from a common sense perspective that LRG ordered less than they needed. LRG has releases that have spanned years, so I don't see them all of a sudden doing orders wrong, or forgetting Vita titles in favor of NS, as it's all income for the business.

Was pretty excited back when LRG announced that it was going to still release a lot of Vita titles despite the end date of cart production being announced. Started getting skeptical when I realized LRG were not putting up enough Vita games for sale each month to even have any possibility of releasing the number of titles they claimed they were going to release. This latest announcement comes as no shock to me. They had to have a pretty good idea well before this week where the situation roughly stood.

Yeah, when LRG first mentioned that Sony was given less carts than originally planned, no info was given in regards to if Sony was given more to larger publishers, or just not producing what was ordered. Knowing Sony as I do since the Vita launched, I would say they just don't care, and probably just want this to end.

I'm pretty sure LRG has been saying for awhile, that's exactly what Sony was doing. How true or untrue that was based on the info coming from LRG side of the puzzle, but this isn't new info. LRG has been doing this for years, so it's very unlikely from a common sense perspective that LRG ordered less than they needed. LRG has releases that have spanned years, so I don't see them all of a sudden doing orders wrong, or forgetting Vita titles in favor of NS, as it's all income for the business.
I keep seeing people asserting that Sony has been doing this, but can you point me to any articles/tweets/etc. where this was discussed? I'm not trying to assert that Sony isn't at fault here (discussing Sony's lack of Vita support is beating a dead horse), but it's news to me if this is what's happening and I have been keeping a relatively close eye on Vita news since I love the system.

In contrast, LRG has openly admitted they've had to pull carts from other runs because they misjudged the number of units they'd need:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1039990139831951360

For what it's worth I don't think this is malice on their end or that they forewent Vita releases for Switch ones (the two aren't mutually exclusive, after all). If they are at fault, I think that they probably lost count of their allotted carts or miscalculated something along the way. But again, it still seems ambiguous from what I've seen today.

Edit: Looks like Josh did confirm that Sony shorted them on Twitter after I posted this originally:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1076198889194250241

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back