Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
That's gonna be a no.  If it's not ready digitally, it's definitely not ready for physical. 

They have to submit the build for approval before they can open it up for orders.

If you, like me, want the DLC on cart this was recently posted on twitter:
https://twitter.com/Inurantchan/status/1084899890445148163

Maybe LRG will see it.
As of right now, I believe they don't plan on delaying the game to have the DLC added to the final build.

If you, like me, want the DLC on cart this was recently posted on twitter:
https://twitter.com/Inurantchan/status/1084899890445148163

Maybe LRG will see it.
As of right now, I believe they don't plan on delaying the game to have the DLC added to the final build.
LRG Josh has already seen the poll and commented that they don't intend to delay. They took too much flack for Pixel junk Monsters and without a definitive release date for the levels, they don't want to push it back. I agree with that logic and I voted not to delay. LRG already has enough slowdowns in their process. We don't need customers adding to those delays.

LRG Josh has already seen the poll and commented that they don't intend to delay. They took too much flack for Pixel junk Monsters and without a definitive release date for the levels, they don't want to push it back. I agree with that logic and I voted not to delay. LRG already has enough slowdowns in their process. We don't need customers adding to those delays.
Unfortunate. Pixel Junk Monsters looked boring so I didn't order it. It's a shame that game is ruining the chance for Celeste to be complete...At least in my opinion.

Unfortunate. Pixel Junk Monsters looked boring so I didn't order it. It's a shame that game is ruining the chance for Celeste to be complete...At least in my opinion.
I'm not sure that the upcoming DLC for Celeste is the only DLC ever coming for the game. So even if they did delay it... it's possible the game won't be a complete copy on cartridge anyway. It just makes it easier for me to just go digital on stuff like this.

I'm not sure that the upcoming DLC for Celeste is the only DLC ever coming for the game. So even if they did delay it... it's possible the game won't be a complete copy on cartridge anyway. It just makes it easier for me to just go digital on stuff like this.
That thought crossed my mind, but also: the DLC is being referred to as "the farewell levels". That sounds pretty final to me.

I would prefer to wait and get complete games. Let’s be honest, most of have such a backlog that even a year delay wouldn’t be a big deal. I will pass on the game because of this but to each their own!

That thought crossed my mind, but also: the DLC is being referred to as "the farewell levels". That sounds pretty final to me.
Good point. Of course if there's a bug and a patch that needs released then it may be a while before the game is truly complete. It does sound like (from what I read about the DLC) that the dev is moving on to something new (likely a new game) once this dlc is done.

Good point. Of course if there's a bug and a patch that needs released then it may be a while before the game is truly complete. It does sound like (from what I read about the DLC) that the dev is moving on to something new (likely a new game) once this dlc is done.
That was another thought I had as well. To me, it seems like this DLC has been in development for a bit, and as you said it also seems like the dev is moving on afterwards. I would think if a bug occurred, due to the nature of the PS4 certification requiring games to be essentially bug free before they get approval for physical copies, the devs would immediately work on a fix if necessary. Obviously this doesn't solve the time issue but as long as the devs worked on things promptly I'd be content.
Either way, I'm getting the game..just bummed that yet again the complaints of others ruin a good thing...miss when this was mainly a collector's company.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was another thought I had as well. To me, it seems like this DLC has been in development for a bit, and as you said it also seems like the dev is moving on afterwards. I would think if a bug occurred, due to the nature of the PS4 certification requiring games to be essentially bug free before they get approval for physical copies, the devs would immediately work on a fix if necessary. Obviously this doesn't solve the time issue but as long as the devs worked on things promptly I'd be content.
Either way, I'm getting the game..just bummed that yet again the complaints of others ruin a good thing...miss when this was mainly a collector's company.
For me they state they are in the business of preserving physical media in the digital age. Well then get the entire game on the physical copy, don't sell something prematurely if a better alternative is available. I agree that appeasing the masses may have been at the heart of this issue considering the devs said they were working on this, or maybe the delay from the devs to get the content out pushed LRG to move forward. Either way, I would have been happy with an announcement of "this game is coming, once the devs finish the DLC, we will announce a sale date." They do not seem short on games to sell at the moment, and super meat boy could have taken the place of celeste for the preorder window. I will probably get a copy of celeste from BB and use GCU. I wish I knew what was being released after iconoclasts to know if I want to bundle it...

I would prefer to wait and get complete games. Let’s be honest, most of have such a backlog that even a year delay wouldn’t be a big deal. I will pass on the game because of this but to each their own!
I can't imagine you have much of a backlog of recent games if you only purchase games that are complete, unless you are mostly into old school games. :razz: It has become such an industry standard now that just about every physical game I purchase has a day or week 1 patch that has to be downloaded. Even obscure titles seem to have one right out the gate. To me that is not a reason to avoid purchasing a physical copy, but I understand you may be looking for something different. I am probably biased to wanting the game sooner as I have the CE pre-ordered and the contents look nice...would prefer to have them sooner than later, but I expect delays with LRG either way.

To be fair, I would have preferred that the game is complete as well, but LRG should have held off on selling the game when they did. They should have pushed the sale back several months when the DLC and patches were actually finished and rated by ESRB. It is not good practice to sell a product to thousands of people without any idea of when you may actually ship it, which is why I prefer they just stick to shipping out what they told people they were selling. LRG already has a lot of the stuff currently in manufacturing to some degree, so putting the brakes on the process to include the DLC probably wouldn't be very feasible at this point. A slight disappointment, but this is a video game overall...inclusion of a few extra levels on the physical media ranks at the lowest levels of concerns that I deal with on a daily basis. That is from someone is a collector at heart. Once you start to get older, you start to realize how little these types of things really matter.

In other news, LRG shipping page lists they are working on shipping the January 1st orders, so hopefully tracking updates start to pop in the next couple of days.

Well the lack of the DLC is a bummer to me as that's the only reason I wanted to double dip as I wanted to be able to revisit the game 15 years from now.  On the flip side the main game that I really liked is all there so at least I'll have that experience.  If anything I think LRG should be waiting a couple years after release unless the developer tells them they are not doing any DLC.  That's entire point of their business model and one of the reasons for the premium price.  I'll still be picking it up though so it's  a moot point.

the only reason I wanted to double dip as I wanted to be able to revisit the game 15 years from now.
I think the game will still be widely available 15 years from now. We still have PSP games on PSN and that systems been dead for ages at this point. Granted the Wii eshop is going down very soon, but Celese is available as a DRM free pc/mac/linux version directly from the dev (which you can archive on your own), it's on steam, psn, xb, and switch eshop. So worst case scenario it'll be out there in some form to be played.

I think the game will still be widely available 15 years from now. We still have PSP games on PSN and that systems been dead for ages at this point. Granted the Wii eshop is going down very soon, but Celese is available as a DRM free pc/mac/linux version directly from the dev (which you can archive on your own), it's on steam, psn, xb, and switch eshop. So worst case scenario it'll be out there in some form to be played.
With the changes in technology there is no telling when current standards will be obsolete. Also since I'm primarily a Nintendo fan I have no faith in them having this available in the next round of consoles since they are still behind the curb in the way they handle everything digital. All my purchases from Wii, WiiU, and 3DS are not available on the Switch. Beyond that maybe I should have said 20 years or even 30 years. Once those services go offline I no longer can access anything, but so far that's more of a Nintendo problem.

Well, the PSP games are there because the Vita plays them. It's not like you can access the store on the PSP any more.

In ~5 years or whatever, when the Vita stuff gets taken down, the PSP stuff will also be gone. At some point, PS3 will be gone. Unless Sony ends up making a new console that runs PSP/Vita/PS3 stuff, which is relatively unlikely.

maybe I should have said 20 years or even 30 years
It's cool if you think you will play games on current original hardware 20 or 30 years from now. I'm in no way knocking that.

I take it you still have old systems (from whatever gen you started gaming) still hooked up so you can play games on the original hardware?

I thought that was going to be me 25 years ago doing that today but honestly I can't go back to the old hardware very much at all anymore. Heck most of what I bought 25 years ago I sold off years back and haven't really missed since there are often modern ports, compilations of emulated classics, stuff like the NES classic, or other ways to play the classics. Overall, I'm finding I don't go back as much as I thought I would even to the great games I love the most. It's interesting how time often changes perspective. Now when I think 20 or 30 years from now what do I want to play again that I currently own... my list is SUPER short and that almost makes me not even want to buy anything I'm unsure of since I'll have the double duty then to sell it off (or dispose of it in some other way) if I don't enjoy it on the same level as my all time favorites. I think that's kind of the beauty of digital. It's here now.. and as long as I'm buying it when it's cheap then it saves me future hassle.

It's cool if you think you will play games on current original hardware 20 or 30 years from now. I'm in no way knocking that.

I take it you still have old systems (from whatever gen you started gaming) still hooked up so you can play games on the original hardware?

I thought that was going to be me 25 years ago doing that today but honestly I can't go back to the old hardware very much at all anymore. Heck most of what I bought 25 years ago I sold off years back and haven't really missed since there are often modern ports, compilations of emulated classics, stuff like the NES classic, or other ways to play the classics. Overall, I'm finding I don't go back as much as I thought I would even to the great games I love the most. It's interesting how time often changes perspective. Now when I think 20 or 30 years from now what do I want to play again that I currently own... my list is SUPER short and that almost makes me not even want to buy anything I'm unsure of since I'll have the double duty then to sell it off (or dispose of it in some other way) if I don't enjoy it on the same level as my all time favorites. I think that's kind of the beauty of digital. It's here now.. and as long as I'm buying it when it's cheap then it saves me future hassle.
I get what your saying and I love the idea of digital and have purchased all my music on Itunes or Amazon because of that fact (though I don't buy much anymore). My problem with games is the simple fact they are not always rereleased in a digital form where as almost all music that is even mildy popular has been made available or I was able to convert it to the new standard (CD to digital) with relative ease.

I started on the NES and still play it from time time but the SNES is usually what I go back to the most. I cannot play those games any other way (unless I go down a dark path) and that's why I haven't gone all digital on my games. Also with that being said, the generation of games (minus most Indies) are a moot point with their day one patches.

Yeah, the lack of consistent digital versions, games being de-listed, spotty or non-existent backwards compatibility, and lack of unified libraries (Nintendo would have you buy the same SNES game digital on every platform because they're all separate!) is way more than enough for me to stick to physical for everything that I can for as long as I can. When the time comes that digital distribution is the only option going forward, then that's out of my hands. At least for now I can control how much of the aforementioned BS I'm willing to subject myself to; and I can guarantee that the games that currently exist in physical format are permanently available for my use in whatever manner I wish to use them in. 

Anybody have any luck with any customer support this year?    Got an order with missing and damaged items.  No response to Twitter DM or support desk ticket for 2 weeks now.

Any updates on Spelunky’s release? That’s the one LRG game I really, really want a physical copy of.
None for quite a while. It's still listed on their site, but their upcoming releases haven't been updated since the cartridge drama a few weeks ago.

Anybody have any luck with any customer support this year? Got an order with missing and damaged items. No response to Twitter DM or support desk ticket for 2 weeks now.
Their support is really backed up because 2/3 of their staff left in the last month. Might be worth reaching out again, but it's not that they're ignoring your ticket specifically.

whos buying the 310$ mega set? Man those CEs are not worth it and how can you tell which is a Vita vs PS4 when they look the same?

Anybody have any luck with any customer support this year? Got an order with missing and damaged items. No response to Twitter DM or support desk ticket for 2 weeks now.
I messaged them about incorrect taxes on a few orders a little over a week ago and they finally got back to me yesterday. If its been two weeks for you, I would probably reach out again.

I have read from others that it can take weeks to months to get orders with missing or damaged items handled. They probably don't handle those immediately because they take a lot more time to deal with. I messaged them with a minor issue of missing points on Tuesday and received a response yesterday ( within 2 days). It is possible they are just handling the easier responses first.

I would message them again through support desk, but you will likely be waiting for sometime unfortunately :(

yea those CE's are unimpressive.  Just grabbing a standard vita Iconoclast along with PS4 Celeste today and I'm done.

late to party on this, but seeing what they're using the vita carts allocation for, even I have to admit Josh sounds pretty whiny with his whole if people gave us some of their allocation to use tweet.

Well I missed the standard copy of Iconoclasts for vita this morning. Sold out before I finished checkout.

This is the first time in a long time that I missed a morning Vita game.

Shipping updates for anyone interested (updates in bold):

Shipping "Now"/January

• (Blindboxes + Blowout Sale Items)
  • Another World (PS4 CE/Vita CE)
  • Dragon's Lair (PS4)
  • Defender's Quest (PS4/Vita)
  • Broken Age (Switch)
  • Butcher (PS4)
  • Layers of Fear (Switch)
  • Furi (Switch CE)
  • Golf Story CE (Switch)
  • Mages of Mystralia (PS4)
  • Everspace (PS4)
  • Dragon Sinker (PS4/Vita)
  • Night Trap (Vita)
  • Siralim 2 (PS4/Vita)
  • Double Switch (PS4)
  • Battle Chef Brigade (PS4/Switch)
  • Rabi-Ribi (PS4/Vita)
  • Race the Sun (PS4/Vita)
  • West of Loathing (Switch)
  • Jak and Daxter (PS4)
  • Yooka Laylee (Switch CE)
  • PixelJunk Monsters 2 (PS4/Switch)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine Artbooks
Shipping February

• Outlast: Bundle of Terror (Switch)
  • Outlast 2 (Switch)
  • Outlast 1/2 CE
  • Dust (Switch)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Switch + CE)
  • Jak and Daxter (CE)
  • Sigil (PC)
  • Windjammers (Switch)
Shipping March:

• Windjammers CE (Switch)
  • Celeste (PS4/Switch)
  • Celeste CE (PS4/Switch)
  • Celeste Merchandise
  • Iconoclasts CE (PS4/Vita)
Shipping April:

• Iconoclasts (Switch)
  • Iconoclasts CE (Switch)

Shipping Eventually (TBA/no date/removed from page)

• Golf Story Vinyl
  • Defender's Quest OST
  • Headlander (PS4)
  • Rain World (PS4)
  • Rain World OST
  • Danmaku Unlimited (Switch)
  • Neurovoider (Vita)
  • Sundered (PS4)
  • Iconoclasts (PS4/Vita)
  • Proteus (Vita)

Since I last posted (around the new year) they cleared the following games from the queue:

• Kingdom: New Lands (PS4/PC/Switch) + Vinyl
  • Late Shift (PS4)
  • Phantom Breaker (PS4 CE/Vita CE)
  • GALF (NES)
  • To the Top (PSVR)
  • 8 Bit Adventure Anthology (PS4)
  • Another World (PS4/Vita)
So overall, they've increased the number of releases pending shipping over the past two weeks. Most of the stuff that slid was originally slated for December, but it's also worth noting that the Outlast Switch games all moved back a month. I don't see this pattern changing any time soon; even with two shipping queues they seem to be losing ground. Reasonably, I'd expect everything in the spoiler tag above to actually ship out 1-2 months later than noted aside from the top few in January and anything they bump to the top (which they appear to be doing with Jak).

I have read from others that it can take weeks to months to get orders with missing or damaged items handled. They probably don't handle those immediately because they take a lot more time to deal with. I messaged them with a minor issue of missing points on Tuesday and received a response yesterday ( within 2 days). It is possible they are just handling the easier responses first.

I would message them again through support desk, but you will likely be waiting for sometime unfortunately :(
If true that's pretty shit as real problems should be given priority and not completely ignored for weeks. I opened a new ticket, hopefully the first one was just fell through the cracks due to their turnover.

PSA: If you live in PA or IL, you may have been charged an incorrect tax rate by LRG.  You may have been charged an incorrect county tax in PA (Allegheny County) or IL (Cook or Chicago Ridge).  These taxes are only valid if you live (or have your packages shipped) to addresses in those counties but people have been getting hit by those taxes despite not living in those counties.  Go into your order history and check every order back to about 11/1/2018 (that's around when it first started happening to me).  If you have been affected by this, open a support ticket and they will send you a link to a form where you can enter each affected order # and that amount due back that was incorrectly taxed.  The form has made it a pretty easy process to get this money refunded.

Yeah, I opened a ticket 15 days ago and never heard back, but it wasn't a 911, as it was about my rewards tickets. So I'm just gonna send them with tracking, and hopefully they'll contact me once received, but I'm sure that's why I didn't hear back, as it was low priority.

PSA: If you live in PA or IL, you may have been charged an incorrect tax rate by LRG. You may have been charged an incorrect county tax in PA (Allegheny County) or IL (Cook or Chicago Ridge). These taxes are only valid if you live (or have your packages shipped) to addresses in those counties but people have been getting hit by those taxes despite not living in those counties. Go into your order history and check every order back to about 11/1/2018 (that's around when it first started happening to me). If you have been affected by this, open a support ticket and they will send you a link to a form where you can enter each affected order # and that amount due back that was incorrectly taxed. The form has made it a pretty easy process to get this money refunded.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I was overcharged $5.34. Ticket opened.

Yeah, I opened a ticket 15 days ago and never heard back, but it wasn't a 911, as it was about my rewards tickets. So I'm just gonna send them with tracking, and hopefully they'll contact me once received, but I'm sure that's why I didn't hear back, as it was low priority.
I had planned on using my tickets to pickup both Vita games from today's sale.

I opened a support ticket 8 days ago hoping to bring it to their attention. I mailed my tickets out last Friday.

Yesterday I still had not heard anything back about receiving my tickets or about my support ticket, so I sent them a DM on Twitter.

After I missed out on both games this morning, I sent another DM on Twitter and updated my support ticket. They finally responded on Twitter and said they'd look into it. 20 minutes later they had "just received" my tickets minutes ago and put the games on hold for me.

I had planned on using my tickets to pickup both Vita games from today's sale.
Yeah, I had planned to ship mine off awhile back as well to make todays sale, but of course I git busy and never did. Now i'm in catch up mode, so I'll ship them off within a few days, and try to catch a game in coming weeks. Hopefully by then they get their shit together.

bread's done
Back