Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking of passing on Proteus. It doesn't have quite the critical response I would hope for. It also doesn't really seem like the kind of game that I would care about taking on the go for the Vita. And I know that it's available digitally on all sorts of different stores, for very low prices. So yeah, probably not going to bother with that one.

The only real question is do I bother springing for the Vita edition of Iconoclasts, or should I just put in a pre-order for the Switch edition? If I want the Vita version, I need to get in now. If I just want the Switch edition, I can wait a week and put in an order alongside Tacoma. (which I probably will wake up early for)

Decisions, decisions...

Iconoclasts vita sold out in about 1.5 minutes, jesus. Added to cart immediately on drop, got on paypal, absently clicked back to LRG in a different tab out of curiosity to see how much it had dropped from 50%, saw it was at 5%, did a double take, completed order in 20seconds and got told the order was out of stock and I was SOL.

Sucks, but what do you do. Seems these last few vita releases are going to be a real battle. Was expecting 10 minutes or so of leeway, seein' as that's what I saw reported for the morning drop.

Iconoclasts vita sold out in about 1.5 minutes, jesus. Added to cart immediately on drop, got on paypal, absently clicked back to LRG in a different tab out of curiosity to see how much it had dropped from 50%, saw it was at 5%, did a double take, completed order in 20seconds and got told the order was out of stock and I was SOL.

Sucks, but what do you do. Seems these last few vita releases are going to be a real battle. Was expecting 10 minutes or so of leeway, seein' as that's what I saw reported for the morning drop.
I had the expedited order process and the text of the 6 digit code took literally 20 seconds to process and accept. By that point same thing happened to me so I finalized my Proteus Vita order, saw the CE edition for $49.99 was still in stock and then fired a separate order for that Pre-Order in. They definitely got me for 2x shipping charges on this but on the positive they will ship out separately and at least both are confirmed.... I guess..

what shenanigans and a blood bath today's releases were....

Last edited by a moderator:

The morning batch didn’t last 10 minutes. It was 2 minutes max, but probably closer to the 90 seconds you mentioned.

I'm surprised the tech demo Proteus sold so well. Maybe there are more folks going for a full set than expected. It's a shame after selling so well in the AM they kept the limit at 2 for the PM batch.

I'm surprised the tech demo Proteus sold so well. Maybe there are more folks going for a full set than expected. It's a shame after selling so well in the AM they kept the limit at 2 for the PM batch.
For me it was a bit of speculation. Any late-in-the-lifecycle, limited release may be hard to get in the future. That basically goes for any release, but Proteus seems obscure enough that I don't know if it will show up much later.

I was lucky and got my order in for Iconoclasts standard vita in the evening batch. I missed it this morning. After I completed checkout and went back to the main page, continue shopping to check stock, it stated sold out.

I can't imagine you have much of a backlog of recent games if you only purchase games that are complete, unless you are mostly into old school games. :razz:
I absolutely do...how are you on this site and don't? This site is literally what afforded me that backlog. I have at least 20 something PS4 games on my shelf I haven't played, 10-15 Wii U games, around 10 3DS games, and right now 5 or 6 switch games. This is only counting modern consoles.

It has become such an industry standard now that just about every physical game I purchase has a day or week 1 patch that has to be downloaded. Even obscure titles seem to have one right out the gate.
The fact that you use to receive complete, fully bug tested games but the industry standard has become "push this broken game out cuz we have to get the game out by this date/for the holiday season" is honestly incredibly sad. That's why this is such a debate. Studios have gotten lazy, because consumers allow them to be lazy. They buy incomplete games for the same price as completed ones. Why bother testing your game when you can get mindless fans to do it for you? [Insert fallout 76 facts here]. Why bother releasing complete physical games for more money when mindless fans will buy it anyway? [Insert several capcom releases and spyro here].
Just because it's an industry standard, doesn't excuse the fact you're buying an inferior/overpriced product.

To me that is not a reason to avoid purchasing a physical copy, but I understand you may be looking for something different. I am probably biased to wanting the game sooner as I have the CE pre-ordered and the contents look nice...would prefer to have them sooner than later, but I expect delays with LRG either way.

To be fair, I would have preferred that the game is complete as well, but LRG should have held off on selling the game when they did. They should have pushed the sale back several months when the DLC and patches were actually finished and rated by ESRB. It is not good practice to sell a product to thousands of people without any idea of when you may actually ship it, which is why I prefer they just stick to shipping out what they told people they were selling. LRG already has a lot of the stuff currently in manufacturing to some degree, so putting the brakes on the process to include the DLC probably wouldn't be very feasible at this point. A slight disappointment, but this is a video game overall...inclusion of a few extra levels on the physical media ranks at the lowest levels of concerns that I deal with on a daily basis. That is from someone is a collector at heart. Once you start to get older, you start to realize how little these types of things really matter.
Here's where we agree. I absolutely don't think all of this is grounds to skip Celeste, but I believe every game release that is incomplete should be viewed per game. In the case of Celeste, the intention didn't seem to be "skip the DLC" from the get go. In the case of spyro, that was absolutely intentional and awful. People buying that game are supporting a terrible practice.
And I absolutely agree that when LRG found out about the DLC they should have delayed the game's preorder window. They didn't though, so here we are...and yes, there are more important concerns in life. No ones debating that. We're all just expressing disappointment in something that could be fixed but isn't. So some people are voting with their wallets. Simple as that. I agree with that. Be the change you want to see in the world. Even if it's something insignificant like not buying a game lol. :p

P.S. I got confirmation my games from the January first blowout sale are shipping. Sweet.

I absolutely do...how are you on this site and don't? This site is literally what afforded me that backlog. I have at least 20 something PS4 games on my shelf I haven't played, 10-15 Wii U games, around 10 3DS games, and right now 5 or 6 switch games. This is only counting modern consoles.

The fact that you use to receive complete, fully bug tested games but the industry standard has become "push this broken game out cuz we have to get the game out by this date/for the holiday season" is honestly incredibly sad. That's why this is such a debate. Studios have gotten lazy, because consumers allow them to be lazy. They buy incomplete games for the same price as completed ones. Why bother testing your game when you can get mindless fans to do it for you? [Insert fallout 76 facts here]. Why bother releasing complete physical games for more money when mindless fans will buy it anyway? [Insert several capcom releases and spyro here].
Just because it's an industry standard, doesn't excuse the fact you're buying an inferior/overpriced product.

Here's where we agree. I absolutely don't think all of this is grounds to skip Celeste, but I believe every game release that is incomplete should be viewed per game. In the case of Celeste, the intention didn't seem to be "skip the DLC" from the get go. In the case of spyro, that was absolutely intentional and awful. People buying that game are supporting a terrible practice.
And I absolutely agree that when LRG found out about the DLC they should have delayed the game's preorder window. They didn't though, so here we are...and yes, there are more important concerns in life. No ones debating that. We're all just expressing disappointment in something that could be fixed but isn't. So some people are voting with their wallets. Simple as that. I agree with that. Be the change you want to see in the world. Even if it's something insignificant like not buying a game lol. :p

P.S. I got confirmation my games from the January first blowout sale are shipping. Sweet.
I most certainly do have a backlog. Never said I didn't. Take each of those system backlog numbers that you posted and multiply them by 5-10x on each system minimum, and you will get closer to my backlog numbers. And I have still played through an incredible amount of titles on each of these systems as well. I was just merely curious why someone wouldn't purchase Celeste because of a small piece of DLC not being included, especially when there was no release date of that DLC in sight.

As for "complete / bug tested" games vs what we have today, even older released games with no means of patches or DLC had their fair share of bugs, some even game breaking at times. When that happened to you back then, all you could do was restart the game and hope it didn't happen again. Yes there was a more generally solid product released, but we cannot ignore that games today are a lot more complex than 5, 10, or 20 years ago. I would imagine that a huge deal of bug testing is still done today, possibly even more than previous generations. However, the scope of these open world games makes it impossible to catch everything. The alternate to releasing bug free games is likely months of delays and possibly increased MSRP. There is a balance there...one that still isn't the best for the game developers considering how many have closed in recent years. There is also no denying the general shift to digital distribution. It could be 5-10 years down the line and you may not even have much choice if any for physical releases :(. Thus the reason why LRG and these other companies exist.

The one benefit about the current state of games is while they often launch with needing a patch, many developers support and expand games in many ways that didn't used to be possible. Sometimes free, and sometimes it costs money. Unfortunately this is not ideal for collectors wanting to play a game on a system 20-30 years from now with servers that have been shut down. Life is short though, so I try to stay focused on the now with gaming...thus having a backlog that is impossible to ever finish. I rarely go back and play through older games I have already completed, but I still enjoy collect them.

Also for the record, I had Spyro pre-ordered for months and cancelled as soon as I heard about the DLC side of things. I definitely will not support that level of screwing with the customer. And yes, some of my Jan 1st sale items shipped out yesterday evening :) Can't wait to see what steelbooks I get.

Well my reshipment if cosmic star heroine is officially lost. Was misdelivered, the usps tried to locate it, and had no luck.

Now limited run wants me to provide them with documents from the usps proving all this. Does USPS even do that?

Well my reshipment if cosmic star heroine is officially lost. Was misdelivered, the usps tried to locate it, and had no luck.

Now limited run wants me to provide them with documents from the usps proving all this. Does USPS even do that?
You can try going to your local PO in person and asking for the intranet tracking details. Instead of just showing the city it was delivered to, it should show the exact address.

Yeah, you just need to go to your local post office and ask for the supervisor, and have him/her right on letter head the information you already provided. That the item was mis-delivered, and that they couldn't locate it, and that's all the proof LRG should need. Now how easy this may or may not happen depends on your PO, and whom you may be dealing with.

In a worst case, you'll need to call the 1-800 number, and have them make the local post office do it, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

It just came out on PS+.....most people are going to play it that way.
You're not wrong. I'm actually 50% of my way through as we speak. I bought it anyway, as a collector, and because I don't trust PS+ / probably won't keep it forever. It's a pretty cool game too and I'm a sucker for actual manuals in 2019.

Just got an email about Jak II this Friday. I would be interested in the collectors edition, but havent got the first one yet. Not sure if I should bite on it

Just got an email about Jak II this Friday. I would be interested in the collectors edition, but havent got the first one yet. Not sure if I should bite on it
You'll probably not even get the first one by the time they offer Jak 3 so better decide by Friday morning

They do seem to be expediting Jak in the shipping backlog, but "expediting" to them isn't exactly a quick turnaround.
Yeah, they're probably prioritizing it over other items since ND is up there in the industry. They seem like they would want to make good on this asap, but it's still going to take a while considering how backed up things are all around.

I just took a look at what the first J&D is doing on eBay. The CE is insane, and even the standard edition version is going for over $100! That is so nuts, man. I wonder what's going to happen with Jak 2.

I just took a look at what the first J&D is doing on eBay. The CE is insane, and even the standard edition version is going for over $100! That is so nuts, man. I wonder what's going to happen with Jak 2.
I've said this before, but I don't put much stock (pun intended) in "preorder" eBay listings.

I've said this before, but I don't put much stock (pun intended) in "preorder" eBay listings.
I look at completed listings. And, while this is quite anecdotal, I've only had a person or two cancel on me in those situations (and I've actually sold a rather large amount of pre-orders). I don't think it's accurate to assume most of those aren't going to stay sold, so the available data still has meaning.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

I got my blind boxes in from limited run. I ordered 3 for vita and I got Ys origins, Bastion, and Fallen Legion. Bastion was apparently in the 'rare' % of boxes; first time ive ordered these. Howd I do haha?

I got my blind boxes in from limited run. I ordered 3 for vita and I got Ys origins, Bastion, and Fallen Legion. Bastion was apparently in the 'rare' % of boxes; first time ive ordered these. Howd I do haha?
For me, that'd be a big win with that haul. Bastion is a wonderful game that everyone should play and I've had my eye on Y's Origin for a long time. I'd be happy with those two.

I know I'd be happy as hell with that; Bastion's an all-time classic, and I know a lot of people like Ys - though I've had 1&2 backlogged for years, so I can't speak as to objective quality much.

Ordered 4 boxes myself, but won't be gettin' em til the end of today. Would have grabbed more, but didn't want to bump up shipping just for a fifth; got a little testy when I saw they raised the limit to 10 a pop :V

Only ones I really DON'T want are any of the Oddworld games (I know it's contentious, but I've never cared for them; mostly turned off by the artstyle & general slowness), Stealth inc. (never super liked stealth as a mechanic overall), steamworld dig (beat it on 3ds, and honestly didn't feel like it was all that better than Motherload from back in the day was) or Mutant Mudds (played it enough on other platforms, doesn't really have anything SUPER memorable to make me want it again).

Never really bit on ANY of these in the past due to lack of funds, though, so anything's new to me; mostly hoping for one of the shooters or RoR in commons, or any of Bastion, Salt & Sanc, VA-11 HALL-A or La-Mulana for personal instant satisfaction with the lot.

Got my three Switch Steelbooks blindboxes. Got Furi, Saturday Morning RPG, and Battle Chef Brigade. I didn't even think Furi or Battle Chef would be a part of the blind boxes since neither had shipped yet, and Furi was my most wanted, so both amazing surprises.

Would have preferred Slime San or Flinthook combo instead of SMRPG, but still very happy with what I got.

Got my stuff!

653xC04.jpg

Honestly a bit disappointed - Windjammers was one of my lower wants, only unc. was Gunhouse when I'm not super into tower defense and it doesn't look like my personal jam artstylewise either, and I didn't grab any of my DISTINCT wants - but, on the other hand, none of my least wants came through either, Rock Boshers looks fun, and I did at least get one of the top-down shooters?

Not really worth the day's wage, but that's blind boxes for ya. Wish I could've grabbed closer to the limit of 10 to get a bit more of the collection, but 'least it looks like we're all getting some variety!

Has there been any new update on when Pixel Junk Monster 2?
I got an email last month that said:

PixelJunk Monsters 2 (Switch) - The build for this product has been approved by Nintendo as of last Friday. No further issues or delays are expected. We can not place the final order until Nintendo approves the label file we submitted. Unfortunately, label approval takes an excruciating 21 days. We will place the order for this game as soon as that comes through! Once the order has been placed, we should have the game in-hand and ready to ship in 30 days. Optimistically, we should be shipping this out at the end of January!

https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

PS4 version is in-hand, Switch version should be in-hand by the end of the month.

No word on when either will ship, they've got an enormous backlog of titles to ship out and there isn't a lot of insight into which order everything's shipping in.
No kidding on the shipping backlog. It took them what, 3.5 weeks, to send the New Year's sale items and blind boxes and those were already supposed to be in hand at the time.

Well, finally heard back from LRG today in regards to my rewards ticket request. They asked me which game I would like to reserve for my tickets, and I'm like..........Neither, as I already bought both as it took 3 weeks to the day to hear back. LOL

So yeah, I'm just gonna tell them I'll send in the tickets, and just get the code, as I missed both releases I wanted to reserve, so I just bought those as to not miss out. So for those waiting on I guess non priority replies from them, it took 3 weeks exactly to hear back.

I signed up for the Iconoclast (Vita) waitlist. Just curious but what are the odds ? Would I be better off picking 6 numbers ? 

Looks like shipping cost went up slightly to $5.75.  Also, this is the second week in a row where the stupid Shopify checkout suddenly shifts the Amazon payment button to the left just as I am clicking where the Paypal button was a second ago, which takes me to an Amazon login that doesn't allow me to go back in the browser so I have to manually go through my bookmarks in a panic to find the LRG site again.  Hasn't screwed me yet, but one of these days there is going to be a minute sellout PS4 title I want and I'm going to be pretty pissed if that's still the reason why I miss a game.

Well, finally heard back from LRG today in regards to my rewards ticket request. They asked me which game I would like to reserve for my tickets, and I'm like..........Neither, as I already bought both as it took 3 weeks to the day to hear back. LOL

So yeah, I'm just gonna tell them I'll send in the tickets, and just get the code, as I missed both releases I wanted to reserve, so I just bought those as to not miss out. So for those waiting on I guess non priority replies from them, it took 3 weeks exactly to hear back.
I never used a single one of my tickets, the goals were way too high to do anything worthwhile

Wow actually managed to snag a Jak 2 CE. Pretty much had to use Amazon Pay with all info saved to even have a chance.

Looks like shipping cost went up slightly to $5.75. Also, this is the second week in a row where the stupid Shopify checkout suddenly shifts the Amazon payment button to the left just as I am clicking where the Paypal button was a second ago, which takes me to an Amazon login that doesn't allow me to go back in the browser so I have to manually go through my bookmarks in a panic to find the LRG site again. Hasn't screwed me yet, but one of these days there is going to be a minute sellout PS4 title I want and I'm going to be pretty pissed if that's still the reason why I miss a game.
UPS and Fedex recently raised their shipping rates. USPS is getting a big price increase this week for all shipping services.

Jesus. Jak 2 CE sold out in less than 30 seconds. Thought I was safe when I made it to checkout, but no dice. This site is starting to bum me out to the point where I may just call it quits.

Looks like shipping cost went up slightly to $5.75. Also, this is the second week in a row where the stupid Shopify checkout suddenly shifts the Amazon payment button to the left just as I am clicking where the Paypal button was a second ago, which takes me to an Amazon login that doesn't allow me to go back in the browser so I have to manually go through my bookmarks in a panic to find the LRG site again. Hasn't screwed me yet, but one of these days there is going to be a minute sellout PS4 title I want and I'm going to be pretty pissed if that's still the reason why I miss a game.
My shipping for the standard Jak II and Tacoma was still $5.50.

Of course my tax info is still wrong and I don't think it will ever be fixed now, but at least there is an easier fix to get a refund on the tax overpay.

bread's done
Back