Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Haha yeah it pretty much is just paper extras. It has 3 ugly art cards, faux laserdisc packaging, throwaway poster, cardboard arcade cabinet and a pin. I forget what was included because I bought it back in October. 

The standard sold out so I had to go with the CE. I'm sure I could sell the extras though. It should've been $50 tops. Only things I have from LRG still outstanding are both Jak CE's. Whenever those ship....

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Dragon's Lair fan, and all that stuff was pretty much just extra "paper", and I failed to see the value there. I was also hopeful they would offer DL Trilogy for the NS at some point, in which case I'll keep my fingers crossed for something better. But if not, the standard version is fine, as I would only get a CE if it was really nice, and sadly I don't see that happening.
I'm pretty sure I heard that they will be releasing a Switch version of Dragon's Lair Trilogy in the future (probably one of their next Switch releases actually).

Sweet, thanks for the heads up guys, now lets hope they step their game up for the CE, and deliver something worthy of the franchise. That little papercraft arcade machine was cool, but something like that should be include in the standard version for free. Being part of an $80+ set, seems criminal for sure. LOL That bundle should have been $50 at most, and that would have been a HUGE stretch.

so sad. milking people badly, glad most of the CEs of splunky didnt sell.
The Spelunky CE was good. Cool packaging, physical soundtrack and artbook and a few cute knickknacks. Absolutely what I want in my CE. Easy purchase. Also, most of the Spelunky CEs HAVE sold, they average 12% remaining in stock, across all platforms.

I don't like the Toejam and Earl CE, though. Only thing I like about it is the box. I don't like cassettes or digital soundtracks. No artbook is lame. Blindbox shit in a CE is obnoxious and the board display takes up a lot of space. Will not be buying this.

LRG seems to always cut the amount to create an artificial sellout. They've done it several times when stuff survives into the week. Can't imagine anyone would be bulk buying these. Most LRG games don't go for shit anymore. 

I agree that the Spelunky CE isn't bad though. However, the Toejam and Earl.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Spelunky CE offering was for sure one of the better offerings in awhile, and for a proper popular title. At this point, the only games that don't have CE are the Kemco RPG's, and I'm sure they would if they could. LOL

It's just to much, to often and I'm normally all for that, but not in the CE market. What makes CE good is that collector's like them, and fans of certain games. But when you offer them for almost ever damn game, you "force" the collector's to bow out at some point, as it becomes to much. I think most of us here all came to that level of thinking(even though it was different times for each of us).

Then you have the fans of certain titles, but even when the items are decent, those persons may or may not want to pay the higher premiums. It really just depends on the contents, and how big a fan someone may be of said titles. Either way, it's a gamble, and one many seem to have not been willing to take more often than not, especially with the falling prices of most things LRG on the secondary market.

I really wanted that journal in the Spelunky CE. But having saw Fangamer will be offering the game at a later date, I'm confident they will offer that journal on it's own, especially since they sell tons of unique books on a regular basis. And if for some reason they don't, I could still possibly buy the CE down the road, for less than it's offered now, so no reason to go all-in at this point.

Most of LRG's CEs don't appeal to me at all and this Toe Jam and Earl one is the perfect example as to why.  I can't even grasp it and I've been suckered by so many CEs.  At this point, when they sell out they are either going to flippers (and I don't know why those still even exist with LRG product) or for people that just have to get the most expensive version of something no matter what.

Otherwise, I am just so far out of touch and people really want puzzles and blind box pieces.  Where does this puzzle get displayed?  The coffee table?  Then again, I don't get plush toys, frisbees, papercraft.... There was one time that the cassette tape I will never use seemed "cool", though, but I am sure over that.

They mentioned in that twitter discussion that the blind boxes for the human characters will be available outside of the game at a later date.  Not that that is a good thing.

The game isn't out yet... so ... it's hard for me to blind buy even the base game.  I'll just wait for reviews of the digital version and decide from there.  I'm not big on roguelike's... but I do like the characters and enjoyed the original 3 games in their time.

Most of LRG's CEs don't appeal to me at all and this Toe Jam and Earl one is the perfect example as to why. I can't even grasp it and I've been suckered by so many CEs. At this point, when they sell out they are either going to flippers (and I don't know why those still even exist with LRG product) or for people that just have to get the most expensive version of something no matter what.

Otherwise, I am just so far out of touch and people really want puzzles and blind box pieces. Where does this puzzle get displayed? The coffee table? Then again, I don't get plush toys, frisbees, papercraft.... There was one time that the cassette tape I will never use seemed "cool", though, but I am sure over that.
Papercraft is junk, unless the game specifically features origami or something. Plushies can be cool, as long as they're not giant and take the bulk of the CE. I get the frisbee, because the game was Windjammers, but I agree that I would have liked something else.

Most of LRG's CEs don't appeal to me at all and this Toe Jam and Earl one is the perfect example as to why. I can't even grasp it and I've been suckered by so many CEs. At this point, when they sell out they are either going to flippers (and I don't know why those still even exist with LRG product) or for people that just have to get the most expensive version of something no matter what.

Otherwise, I am just so far out of touch and people really want puzzles and blind box pieces. Where does this puzzle get displayed? The coffee table? Then again, I don't get plush toys, frisbees, papercraft.... There was one time that the cassette tape I will never use seemed "cool", though, but I am sure over that.
Well I think the majority of people that buy stuff like this don't actually open it and I think that is why a lot of this stuff keeps selling out. I can't throw too much shade at buying CEs as I was one of them to start with but thankfully got out of the game and only have like 3 from LRG. I always look for an art book, soundtrack, a poster, and maybe a steel book anymore and that's it. I don't like the keychains, trading cards, buttons, replica carts, standees, or anything like that as it will just end up staying in the box.

I received my copy of Night Trap for Vita yesterday and it arrived with no cellophane wrapping.
Has anyone else here received the game in the same condition?
I opened a support ticket to ask why my new game arrived open.

It was packed with Siralim 2 and that was sealed since I ordered them together.

I received my copy of Night Trap for Vita yesterday and it arrived with no cellophane wrapping.

Both of my games are on the way, but haven't received yet, but I'll report back once they arrive. That seems like a manufacturing issue, or at least I hope that's the case. LOL

Sounds like it was just a miss. They’ll be able to send you another copy and prepaid return shipping on the open copy.

Well I think the majority of people that buy stuff like this don't actually open it and I think that is why a lot of this stuff keeps selling out. I can't throw too much shade at buying CEs as I was one of them to start with but thankfully got out of the game and only have like 3 from LRG. I always look for an art book, soundtrack, a poster, and maybe a steel book anymore and that's it. I don't like the keychains, trading cards, buttons, replica carts, standees, or anything like that as it will just end up staying in the box.
If the CE has a steelbook i will get it. If it doesn’t im not interested.

Well, didn't see that coming, but seems a solid title to start off PS3 production with, as there's lots worse games they could have done I'm sure. LOL

It'll be interesting to see what the demand for Odd World Stranger's Wrath on PS3 will be.

Not sure if mentioned but Limited Run #218 is a VR game called Light Tracer for the PS4 on the site without a release date:

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-218-light-tracer-ps4
That title is actually releasing tomorrow at 10 am EST (they like to do these mid week releases for VR titles to squeeze even more into a week). While it doesn't look amazing, it does look rather interesting and unique for a VR game, so I'll be grabbing it.

That title is actually releasing tomorrow at 10 am EST (they like to do these mid week releases for VR titles to squeeze even more into a week). While it doesn't look amazing, it does look rather interesting and unique for a VR game, so I'll be grabbing it.
I hate how they do a mid-week release because then you can't combine shipping costs!

What a shyte title to start off with, no thanks. I hope they pick better games. There are tons on ps3.

What a shyte title to start off with, no thanks. I hope they pick better games.
Really? You've seen how well the other Oddworld games have sold when they got LRG releases? Even if this game isn't your cup of tea, it is easy to see why they would pick it. I think it's a little extreme to treat in such a dismissive fashion.

PS3 games I want to see...

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

That's essentially it. I know there are other titles they could release, but that's the one I want the most.

Did they say it was the first of many?
They mentioned that the PS3 line would be smaller, but they did mention more were coming.

Really? You've seen how well the other Oddworld games have sold when they got LRG releases? Even if this game isn't your cup of tea, it is easy to see why they would pick it. I think it's a little extreme to treat in such a dismissive fashion.

That's essentially it. I know there are other titles they could release, but that's the one I want the most.
There are PS3 games I'd buy from them, but Oddworld isn't one of them. It's already been released on other modern platforms (by LRG nonetheless) and there are very few games I'd care to own on more than one platform physically. It's like how their Switch line is mostly stuff that's already been on Vita/PS4. Easy pass for me, but I'm sure it'll sell through without issue for some reason.

Scott Pilgrim is the biggest no brainer there is, but I have no clue if it's even possible to relicense after it got pulled down from digital sales?

It would be easier for a limited print run release, but it would still require some legal juggling. I don't know if the original publisher (Ubisoft) would have to be involved, but the developer, the original author, and the movie studio would likely have to OK it. The game doesn't actually have that many overt references to the movie, leaning much more heavily toward referencing the original comic. But it would be a nasty tangle, certainly.

Yeah, their Twitter feed was mostly positive(good amount planned to buy), with the only real complaints being from those asking why Sony can produce PS3 games, but can't continue Vita production.

I don’t expect much demand for PS3 titles. But then again, maybe I’m wrong.
I dunno, the PS3 collectors might come out of the woodwork, if not for this one then once new PS3 releases gain traction. I have a rather large PS3 collection, something around 450 games, and on one hand I am groaning that they chose to go this route instead of leaving past consoles dead but on the other I also feel half obligated to pick it up. Wish they picked a more preservation worthy game though.

Yakuza 5 is the only physical PS3 title I would want if given the chance.
giphy.gif

I dunno, the PS3 collectors might come out of the woodwork, if not for this one then once new PS3 releases gain traction. I have a rather large PS3 collection, something around 450 games, and on one hand I am groaning that they chose to go this route instead of leaving past consoles dead but on the other I also feel half obligated to pick it up. Wish they picked a more preservation worthy game though.
They have a good relationship with Sony, so I'm sure that played a big part in making this happen, as I see zero chance of making this work with MS(360) or "N"(3DS/WiiU), but who knows?

Why did you guys have to get me all hot and bothered by the idea of a physical Scott Pilgrim release? Basically the only PS3 release I would want

Why did you guys have to get me all hot and bothered by the idea of a physical Scott Pilgrim release? Basically the only PS3 release I would want
Unless something has changed, Josh said awhile ago that was an impossible title to get, due to licensing or whatever other issues it has. But yeah, that would probably be the ONLY PS3 title I would have interest in, so it's probably good it's not likely happen. LOL

Oddworld is an odd choice (no pun intended) because as some has mentioned LRG already released this game for the Vita so I'm surprised they would release it on another "older" console.  Also not much of a PS3 collector/gamer so it really doesn't matter what they release as I don't plan on buying any of them regardless (unless Scott Pilgrim which wont happen).  But I will say my wallet is thanking them for going this route.  

Oddworld is an odd choice (no pun intended) because as some has mentioned LRG already released this game for the Vita so I'm surprised they would release it on another "older" console. Also not much of a PS3 collector/gamer so it really doesn't matter what they release as I don't plan on buying any of them regardless (unless Scott Pilgrim which wont happen). But I will say my wallet is thanking them for going this route.
Yeah, Oddworld was probably their biggest 3rd party offering when they started, so it makes perfect sense to use them now to enter the PS3 waters. I only have a few physical PS3 titles, with most being digital, so no plans to get in on this, but I wish them well, as I'm sure this will appeal to some(which is the market their selling to).

TJ&E was the LRG game I was looking forward to the most this year, and of course it’s released one day after they revert the loyalty program.i probably wouldn’t have hit the next tier of reward, but it would have been close.

I’m shocked that others have hit the highest reward. I indulged quite a bit, especially with the new year’s sale, and won’t make it.

bread's done
Back