Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
And if you have enough points for more than one item, you can only apply one code at a time, so you have to order rewards separately, I guess, paying shipping for each......
Yeah once I realized that you had to pay shipping for these individually I would rather lose my points then waste my money on shipping useless items.

Yeah once I realized that you had to pay shipping for these individually I would rather lose my points then waste my money on shipping useless items.
Pretty much where I was this morning. Had enough points for several items. Added them, but could only redeem one code at a time, as they kept cancelling each other out. Ended up just using one code with a game in order to avoid paying separate shipping for the "free" item. Screw the other stuff, I suppose, as there is no way I am going to pay additional shipping for each stupid item. Total joke. LRG really need to step its game up in some areas.

Yeah, I only had enough points for one item, so I said why not? But $5.50 to ship a keychain was a WTF moment for sure. LOL If I would have had more points for more Items, I probably would have gone the route others did, and not get anything, as that's BS they can't combine shipping for stuff like this. 

Axiom Verge for Wii U will end up being the holy grail for the console in the future, I would even be willing to put money down on that statement. 1) It's a Nintendo product and Nintendo collectors are a whole different breed when it comes to collecting, much like the space shooter collectors 2) It's the definitive version of the game, you can actually make use of the game pad! Amazing concept I know 3) The Wii U along with the Vita is going to be a collectors paradise, the number of releases for those consoles make it a prime target for people wanting a complete collection. 4) There is a very obvious amount of disc prints of Axiom made (6000), something that is hard to track with the rest of the library. 5) Just wait... The Wii U is an AMAZING console even though the ridiculous gang mentality (see Fallout 76) has decided it's not good, when in fact you can play literally every game console Nintendo released on it either with full hardware support or 1st party emulation (virtual boy being the only exception), you should very much look into rom injections for the console, it's really great for DS games. Eventually the right YouTuber or whoever will decide it's the "retro" or "old school" console to have and every moron will be after it.

Just my 2 cents... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Axiom Verge for Wii U will end up being the holy grail for the console in the future, I would even be willing to put money down on that statement. 1) It's a Nintendo product and Nintendo collectors are a whole different breed when it comes to collecting, much like the space shooter collectors 2) It's the definitive version of the game, you can actually make use of the game pad! Amazing concept I know 3) The Wii U along with the Vita is going to be a collectors paradise, the number of releases for those consoles make it a prime target for people wanting a complete collection. 4) There is a very obvious amount of disc prints of Axiom made (6000), something that is hard to track with the rest of the library. 5) Just wait... The Wii U is an AMAZING console even though the ridiculous gang mentality (see Fallout 76) has decided it's not good, when in fact you can play literally every game console Nintendo released on it either with full hardware support or 1st party emulation (virtual boy being the only exception), you should very much look into rom injections for the console, it's really great for DS games. Eventually the right YouTuber or whoever will decide it's the "retro" or "old school" console to have and every moron will be after it.

Just my 2 cents...
I agree that it's similar to the Vita in the sense that it was a cool concept that the company disowned, but I don't see the same collector's craze for it that I do for the Vita. A few years ago there was a decent groundswell around games like the Croods, Mario and Sonic Olympics, Hello Kitty Kruzers, and a few others, but now first party title prices are pretty low because of the ports and rarer titles have similarly sunk. Vita game prices are currently pretty high and the rarer titles have for the most part maintained their value.

At the end of the day I think it's always better to just collect what you want to play, though, Most games don't accrue value, so it's a cool hobby but an awful investment medium. Better to buy something you want to play than buy years of shovelware to complete a set (unfortunately I'm speaking from experience there).

I agree with the sentiment to collect what you think you'll play cause the chance of a lot of the stuff massively increasing in value is low. It's a fools market. Pretty much the only stuff I know I collect that usually will always retain its value and usually increases is my Dollfie outfits and such. Those are usually limited/expensive/lottery entries so just not that much stuff. Also very beautiful. I splurged on a Sailor Mars Dollfie Dream sister. One of my favorite Sailor Moon characters. I have a Miku. Eventually I'll round this out with a Dollfie with a large bust of a character I like to have most of the body types.

When it went up for preorder it was known to be open ended until all the DLC was out.
I didn’t purchase it, but I believe it was 9 months; well under one year.
I believe they had a poll asking customers if they wanted to wait for the DLC and the majority said yes. 9 months is 3/4 of a year thats not “well under”. Just saying.

So LRG has seemingly let slip that at least one 3DS game is on the way from them. Pretty pumped on this as there’s a few Eshop titles like Steel Empire, Kokuga, and Moon that I’d buy a physical copy of.

On the debate of the Wii U, I really see the console itself being the collectible in the sense of the Virtual Boy, a great little Knick knack that in a few years time will be much harder to find a good condition console with all pieces. With people rushing to sell off their Wii U’s on Facebook groups I’ve racked up a extra in box Zelda system and another system that the owner put a really nice Pokemon skin on the system and shell on the pad. They are sitting in the basement partially if the kids kill our living room Wii U and partially because I don’t expect to run across great shape Wii Us in a few years time.

In other news, I mentioned a week ago that the mystery Switch game I redeemed still showed sitting at LRG almost a month after the fact. Out of the blue it arrived on Saturday. I’ve actually been up on most of the Switch games LRG has released so far so I was completely expecting a game I already had. Lo and behold I got Night Trap which is something I had no nostalgic value in and passed on when available. As a freebie though it’ll make a nice addition to the collection and I’m mildly impressed that LRG sent something I didn’t already have from them even if completely by chance.

So LRG has seemingly let slip that at least one 3DS game is on the way from them. Pretty pumped on this as there’s a few Eshop titles like Steel Empire, Kokuga, and Moon that I’d buy a physical copy of.
WOW, if that's true, that's pretty cool, as a game for the 3DS could be just about anything. I'll assume whatever the game when all is said and done, will have a high qty due to the policies in place for minimum orders, so it will likely have to be a really wanted title. Sadly, I sold my 3DS collection about a year ago, so no matter the title, I'm out, but here's hoping it's Phoenix Wright, as that title was always top of my list.

And on a side note, for those who can run it, the Great Ace Attorney fan translation was finally completed a few days ago. So a BIG thanks to Crapcom again for absolutely NOTHING! LOL

In other news, I mentioned a week ago that the mystery Switch game I redeemed still showed sitting at LRG almost a month after the fact. Out of the blue it arrived on Saturday. I’ve actually been up on most of the Switch games LRG has released so far so I was completely expecting a game I already had. Lo and behold I got Night Trap which is something I had no nostalgic value in and passed on when available. As a freebie though it’ll make a nice addition to the collection and I’m mildly impressed that LRG sent something I didn’t already have from them even if completely by chance.
I got one of my two mystery Switch games on Friday and I was surprised it was Shantae. I have to give them credit for sending me a “good” one, though it’s also interesting they ship that particular game to me as I wait on an entire case of them.

I agree that it's similar to the Vita in the sense that it was a cool concept that the company disowned, but I don't see the same collector's craze for it that I do for the Vita. A few years ago there was a decent groundswell around games like the Croods, Mario and Sonic Olympics, Hello Kitty Kruzers, and a few others, but now first party title prices are pretty low because of the ports and rarer titles have similarly sunk. Vita game prices are currently pretty high and the rarer titles have for the most part maintained their value.

At the end of the day I think it's always better to just collect what you want to play, though, Most games don't accrue value, so it's a cool hobby but an awful investment medium. Better to buy something you want to play than buy years of shovelware to complete a set (unfortunately I'm speaking from experience there).
I think there was lot of people thinking that the Wii U games would shoot up in value a few years back but given how Nintendo is just cannibalized it's library to fill in gaps with NS releases, I think people have realized it's not and moved on (not to mention, the Wii U is honestly a crap system). I picked up a few dozen games for it thinking the same thing but now I look at those games and just think of all the money I wasted on them (paid like $70 for Hello Kitty.. :whistle2:x).

I still picked up AV... I think the story behind it is pretty rich (the original where they couldn't find a retailer to carry it and the new story about how the publisher got screwed/will receive proceeds from these).

I think there was lot of people thinking that the Wii U games would shoot up in value a few years back but given how Nintendo is just cannibalized it's library to fill in gaps with NS releases, I think people have realized it's not and moved on (not to mention, the Wii U is honestly a crap system). I picked up a few dozen games for it thinking the same thing but now I look at those games and just think of all the money I wasted on them (paid like $70 for Hello Kitty.. :whistle2:x).

I still picked up AV... I think the story behind it is pretty rich (the original where they couldn't find a retailer to carry it and the new story about how the publisher got screwed/will receive proceeds from these).
WOW, I just looked up those current Hello Kitty prices and yeah, the market has all but died. That was one of the rarer Wii U titles and went for $200 at a time, so feel lucky you only paid $70. LOL All things "N" are collectible to a certain degree, as it is N after all, but I completely agree that once the NS got the U's best offerings, it killed that market.

In the future, I'm sure prices will rise again, but I doubt they will ever get back to the best prices, as there's just to much of everything out there to be had. That's why systems always hold value depending on condition, as those get harder to come by with age, but games may or may not see a similar situation.

I can definitely see Devils Third since it was a exclusive with a high profile creator and Nintendo has tried to bury it. No one is going to care that the Wii U had a slightly harder to find Hello Kitty, Croods, or Turbo though.

Have noticed Twilight Princess HD selling higher than Breath of the Wild lately, likely because we won’t see another port of that.

WOW, if that's true, that's pretty cool, as a game for the 3DS could be just about anything. I'll assume whatever the game when all is said and done, will have a high qty due to the policies in place for minimum orders, so it will likely have to be a really wanted title. Sadly, I sold my 3DS collection about a year ago, so no matter the title, I'm out, but here's hoping it's Phoenix Wright, as that title was always top of my list.

And on a side note, for those who can run it, the Great Ace Attorney fan translation was finally completed a few days ago. So a BIG thanks to Crapcom again for absolutely NOTHING! LOL
Maybe. With the 3DS on its death bed I could quantity policies relaxed, especially given how LRGs current Switch preorders to the nearest thousand seems to be working.

Maybe. With the 3DS on its death bed I could quantity policies relaxed, especially given how LRGs current Switch preorders to the nearest thousand seems to be working.
Yeah, I was thinking the same, but I'm sure whatever the title, they would have wanted it to be the best possible at this point, due to the end being in sight(prices have been crashing there for awhile as well). So even if they can do a smaller run, I'm sure that would only be a factor a just OK game, and not for any bigger name titles. As this could still be the only 3DS game ever offered, so if they can sell 5-10K of a game, why not try.

Would definitely pick up some LRG 3DS titles as long as the games are good, and worthy of physical preservation.  Anything that was exclusive to the system would be a high priority, as well as anything that makes good use of the unique 3D abilities of the system.

My arguments in favor of the Wii U were never about re-sale value. Anyone experienced with game collecting can tell you that it takes a LONG TIME for anything in the after-market to really gain in value. And even there it tends to be a crap-shoot. If you want to collect games as an investment, don't. The only possible way to do that is to do it very, very long-term. You need decades worth of patience to actually turn a profit. The only real profitable way to re-sell games is short-term flipping of potentially hard-to-acquire titles. (a strategy that I despise, as it directly conflicts with my own collecting habits)

Even I was reasonably certain that attempting to flip Axiom Verge for the Wii U would be a bad idea. I didn't expect the demand for it to be huge. But I was also confident that there were enough fans of the game, as well as enough Wii U owners and collectors, that a modest run like 6000 copies wouldn't moulder on the shelf.

And I do still maintain that the Wii U is a much-maligned and yet deserving system that the fanbase will turn around on several years from now. This happens with a lot of failed older systems, especially after they've had some time to age. These days there are plenty of people who appreciate the Sega CD, the N64, the Saturn, the Dreamcast, and the GameCube, despite all of those systems failing to dominate or sell properly in their own time.

And naturally, now is the time to strike if you are interested in long-term collecting. At this moment in time the Wii U is actually affordable, the games for it going for little and less. There may never be a better time.

I liked the concept of U better but enjoy the portability and small games of the switch. For a couch gaming device the U is really underrated. Reminds me of the Saturn and DC.

I thought the Wii U was a good system. It just had terrible branding and poor support.
Too bad it had such poor specs and was missing many commonly expected features, mainly due to the expensive gamepad gimmick. And unfortunately if the gamepad breaks, the system becomes a useless brick. It really wasn't well designed at all, but that's been the case for all Nintendo systems for well over a decade.

Too bad it had such poor specs and was missing many commonly expected features, mainly due to the expensive gamepad gimmick. And unfortunately if the gamepad breaks, the system becomes a useless brick. It really wasn't well designed at all, but that's been the case for all Nintendo systems for well over a decade.
I don't think the gamepad was a gimmick, but no developers actually tried to utilize the ability of a second screen. But there is the problem, no developer wanted to make games for a second screen with touch capability. I like my Wii U better than the switch, it is essentially the same thing minus portability. But hold the Wii U controller next to the switch, it is the exact same design, minus a stylus and contouring. Also, if the switch breaks, it is also a brick.) The first 3 months of playing switch I kept reaching for the stylus from the back, because I was so used to grabbing the one out of the Wii U. When people see both the Wii U and switch at my house, they ask what the difference is, and usually ask why Nintendo copied off of themselves. I agree the specs were lower than people expected but the switch gets knocked for the same reason. I have a hard time finding many differences beside the portability component, and this is why I don't understand why people are so in love with the switch and hated Wii U. I love both for what they are, and have enjoyed them both. I think the Wii U had better potential for amazing content, but no one really wanted to mess with so many options, so they left it alone. The switch goes back to traditional layout, and steals ideas from Wii/Wii U. I cant imagine that I will ever really use the touch screen on the switch, the UI is bare bones, and lacks the capabilities of same gen consoles. I don't get the excessive love, but I do appreciate the positive reception so I have so many more choices for games. In the end I think Nintendo pushes gaming hardware, and although some of their consoles fall flat, I still end up enjoying the content. I have always supported them for the content, because it is pure fun. Even if you can't get behind the console, it is hard to imagine modern gaming without some of the classic content they have created and continue to create.

Truly spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. I come here for deals, not fanboy wars.

Good. Companies not collecting tax is one of the biggest reasons state funding for schools, infrastructure, etc., have gone to the s#!ts.
I don't think collecting taxes has ever been the issue, as the IRS sees to that. The more serious issue is what our esteemed government and states decides to do with said taxes is where the bigger issue lies. I completely agree things have gone to shit, but that has to do with where the money is allocated, and not in collecting of it.

I completely agree with you on some points, like the NS being very much like the Wii U, as I dubbed it Wii U 2.0 at release, as I thought it was the same device, with slight improvements. The tablet was a complete and utter gimmick that even "N" themselves failed to use properly. As for support, the Wii U launched with one of the most well rounded launch lineup in gamings history, and once the buying public saw the Wii U as a lazy follow up just to cash in the "Wii's" name, they moved on. 3rd parties spent money to launch great games, only to get no return on their investment, and then the stopped, it's no more complex than that.

"N" made corrections to the 3DS launch rather quickly after seeing they charged to much, but due to the tablet of the Wii U, they couldn't do the same, and it died rather soon after. having 2 screens was no issue at all, as the DS is dual screens, and is one of the most successful devices of all time, the issue was 2 screens on a TV based devices didn't work the same, and rendered it useless. "N" must have thought the same, as they only ever used it for maps and very basic features. BotW was the one game built from the ground up to use the tablet in unique ways, and we'll never know what was possible there, as it was removed to make way for more sells from the NS user.

Truly spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. I come here for deals, not fanboy wars.
You must not have been on CAG long, as I see deals here maybe 50% of the time(in any given thread), and that's being generous. And the rest is normally a discussion in and around the threads topic.

Obviously I do know what I'm talking about, look how badly the Wii U failed. People saw what it was and realized that it wasn't worth it. They poured way too many resources into the gamepad, leaving very little left for the console itself. No reason to get upset when people voice opinions other than your own.

Great little system with access to the best Nintendo library to date without even mentioning home brew.

I hope LRG releases more Wii U games

Has there been any official word yet on whether Best Buy will be getting Celeste physical copies on Switch? The sale on the Eshop is tempting, but I’ve been holding out to use my GCU discount on a hard copy.

Has there been any official word yet on whether Best Buy will be getting Celeste physical copies on Switch? The sale on the Eshop is tempting, but I’ve been holding out to use my GCU discount on a hard copy.
On LRG's product page for Celeste it says Best Buy will be getting copies with a different cover.

anyone have more info on the dragon fantasy release tomorrow?

I know they released black tome of ice before, I just can't figure out where this one fits in and google only brings up BToI results.

Apparently, the Black Tome of Ice is Book II. I believe the game being released tomorrow constitutes the various chapters of Book I. So the earlier release was technically the sequel, while the game releasing tomorrow is the first in the series.

The original Dragon Fantasy was released in 2011, while the Black Tome of Ice was not released until 2016.

Somebody sell me on bomb chicken. I'm slightly interested due to it having an actual manual. And I love pixel art, and chicken. But I can't find much info online. Not even a trophy list. Seems it's fairly short in duration? Any difficulty levels, replayability?

Apparently, the Black Tome of Ice is Book II. I believe the game being released tomorrow constitutes the various chapters of Book I. So the earlier release was technically the sequel, while the game releasing tomorrow is the first in the series.

The original Dragon Fantasy was released in 2011, while the Black Tome of Ice was not released until 2016.
This is correct. Tome of Black Ice is the subtitle they gave to Book II when it got a lot of enhancements via patch.

The equivalent for Book I is Volumes of Westeria - no clue why they dropped the subtitle on tomorrow's release.

Good. Companies not collecting tax is one of the biggest reasons state funding for schools, infrastructure, etc., have gone to the s#!ts.
Not true at all. It isn't how much tax money they collect its what they do with it is the problem. More money doesn't fix anything if you dont know how to spend it to be effective in the first place.

More taxes is never the correct answer. It would just mean more money pissed away and nothing will change.

It's short sightedness like that though which leaves us with expense issues later. More companies get taxed the more jobs they move out of the country to save money, the more they lower their product quality to save money, more jobs they cut, more taxes they pay the more they charge us. And at the end of the day the schools and "infrastructure" as you call it wont change one single bit.

Look up "Tax Increment Financing" if you want to learn more about how municipalities cap out funding for schools and other mandates, as they funnel money towards redevelopment of "blighted" areas. Municipalities in the SF Bay Area (and elsewhere) have notoriously abused the definition of urban blight, often designating fairly affluent areas as blighted in order to have redevelopment projects financed with public funds.

anyone have more info on the dragon fantasy release tomorrow?

I know they released black tome of ice before, I just can't figure out where this one fits in and google only brings up BToI results.
That is something else I've always found odd about LRG's site. They either expect everyone to already be familiar with the games they sell or just expect them to go seek out info elsewhere. It's not a big deal since that's what we'll all do anyway, but they don't even put up a description of the games. Shooter? Platformer? RPG? Google it. Maybe they just think "Does it matter what the game is? It's going to sell out anyway."

Them not being clear about what version of Dragon Fantasy this is... I had to dig around looking at the dev site which hadn't been updated in ages and finally on their twitter to find out this is indeed The Volumes of Westeria and not the regular Dragon Fantasy Book 1 edition.   The cover art is super stupid for this release to not tout this better version... and the LRG item listing is moronic to not even have it mentioned at all.   This is part of what I absolutely hate about this company.  Just advertise what you are doing at least on the actual page you are selling it on.

bread's done
Back