Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Damn I haven't bought an LRG title in a long time and it seems now they are churning out games left and right now, how do people keep up lol
Being a Vita completionist is akin to being a masochist. There is an end in sight for them. I could never and would never want a full LRG collection. Too many games I would never want to play or collect. They make a lot though for sure.

$85+Shipping (+Tax for some)... and no locked in manufacturer yet. Yikes. The base games were a bad deal, the CE's are a crazy bad deal. Looking forward to Friday just to see how this does. My gut says despite how illogical it'll somehow sell out because people are stupid. But then I also thought people would be dumb enough to buy those Power Rangers CE's.

I doubt this deal will lead to anything that great. Maybe an old LucasArts pc adventure game gets a reprint on CDR and mounted in a blister pack.

They said their company has always been about "making cool shit that they'd want to have as collectors". Not an exact quote, but close. At least they're owning up to the repositioning now.
Yeah but they're also admitting this is the kind of stupid shit they like to collect. I mean, it just seems sad this is what they think is cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
$85 for the Star Wars CE? Whew, that’s a lot.
0b374210a26dc6a9472753716662d387.jpg
aa8cb49dfbe1cca7938b5b339bd16cc0.jpg
58b6fcb4f46b1f45c13e702d62e3e771.jpg
LRG are clapping my cheeks this Friday [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

First off, I haven't seen a good Star Wars product since these games where probably originally offered(by that, I mean a movie), so asking the question of who is buying this is a lost cause. This may appeal to any number of consumers across many different avenues of fandom, so if LRG can sell this crap to that fan base, more power to them. 

I dropped out of being a SW fan after the dumpster fires that where episodes 1, 2 & 3, and at the time, I thought this franchise could go no lower? Damn, how wrong I was, as episode 8 was possibly one of the worst movies I've seen in my life, let alone a SW film. So asking a question of how someone would find this "cool", I would ask the same question of anything offered with "Star Wars" on the package? As it's all garbage to me at this point, but if someone gets some pleasure from buying, playing, or collecting these games, more power to them, and LRG for offering up said products.

First off, I haven't seen a good Star Wars product since these games where probably originally offered(by that, I mean a movie), so asking the question of who is buying this is a lost cause. This may appeal to any number of consumers across many different avenues of fandom, so if LRG can sell this crap to that fan base, more power to them.

I dropped out of being a SW fan after the dumpster fires that where episodes 1, 2 & 3, and at the time, I thought this franchise could go no lower? Damn, how wrong I was, as episode 8 was possibly one of the worst movies I've seen in my life, let alone a SW film. So asking a question of how someone would find this "cool", I would ask the same question of anything offered with "Star Wars" on the package? As it's all garbage to me at this point, but if someone gets some pleasure from buying, playing, or collecting these games, more power to them, and LRG for offering up said products.
I'm not even the biggest Star Wars fan, but me and my brother both left the theatre thinking WTF did we just watch. No excitement for the next movie and just an empty feeling. That night I watched YouTube vids from people and they all felt the same way. The media was having a love affair with it and we all know the reason why.

On the topic of these games. All 3 were pretty average on release, and that's being kind. Just more mediocrity in an overpriced($90+ shipped) CE. They might have a few releases coming that I'm interested in though.

I'm a big Star wars fan, so the news they got the license excited me. As much as I'd love to throw money at these $85 is nuts. Id love to get the steelbook but sorry. I have no love for the Gameboy and nes game either so I'll skip those. Bounty Hunter however I think is an awesome game so I'll be more than happy with the standard edition

Looks like BestBuy is going to start getting PS4 games from LRG (or maybe just VR ones?). From the Accounting+ page:

A very small amount of copies of this game with alternate cover art will be available at Best Buy in time for Black Friday.
This will be the first confirmed LRG PS4 release that will be available at Best Buy. Good to see that anything is fair game to be carried by Best Buy now. The PS4 version of Power Rangers is also supposed to be carried at an unnamed B&M retailer in the future (my guess being Gamestop).

One other interesting note about the standard edition of Accounting+: The LRG version will be an open preorder until July 12th making it the first LRG PSVR game to be an open preorder. Good for me since I don't have to worry about it selling out and pay extra for shipping one game tomorrow.

Yeah but they're also admitting this is the kind of stupid shit they like to collect. I mean, it just seems sad this is what they think is cool.
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, really? This is what they like to see? Enamel Pins? Yeah, when I was a kid collecting games I was always disappointed when I'd open the box and there would be no enamel pin. I thought to myself, "Self, one day you will publish video games and you'll make sure all the coolest stuff is included. Enamel pins... folded posters....coins...."

As usual, this "enamel pin" and "coin" crap feels like trade show freebies. They get the license to publish Star Wars retro games and they come up with blister packs, enamel pins, and coins. Oh - and a poster that reproduces the original movie poster (admittedly, this is the only thing I like).

The CEs at least don't have the blister pack packaging. The Bounty Hunter box doesn't even look great to me and it includes a steelbook with the same cover art... probably so they don't have to get any new approved artwork (which I am also guessing is why they are only using poster artwork for the Star Wars games).

For me, this was easy - reproduce the NES/GB style boxes, include NES/GB style manuals, maybe a fold-out promo poster, then call it a day. They basically went out of their way just to keep me from buying retro physical Star Wars video game merchandise which I thought was impossible.

I wonder why the SNES games aren't part of this....

It doesn't matter - I will be shocked if these don't sell out in minutes.

Accounting+ is live now. Standard is an open pre-order through July 12, 2,000 LEs. LEs didn't fly off the shelf, so if you forgot about the sale you should still be safe.

I'm going to pick up Accounting+ but I plan on waiting to bundle it with Transistor and maybe Metal Slug.

Is there still a way to see remaining stock on an item after the redesign? Wondering if I should jump on Accounting+ Tree Guy or wait until Friday to save on shipping. I got burned jumping on Power Rangers.

Is there still a way to see remaining stock on an item after the redesign? Wondering if I should jump on Accounting+ Tree Guy or wait until Friday to save on shipping. I got burned jumping on Power Rangers.
In the quantity field, enter 9999 and hit Add to Cart. It'll pop up saying "You can only add x to your cart", x is how many copies are left. Keep in mind not all of the Accounting+ LEs have been pushed out yet because of the second batch at 6 PM.

In the quantity field, enter 9999 and hit Add to Cart. It'll pop up saying "You can only add x to your cart", x is how many copies are left. Keep in mind not all of the Accounting+ LEs have been pushed out yet because of the second batch at 6 PM.
Awesome, thanks for the quick response! 26 minutes in and there's still 572.

As someone who used to collect Star Wars toys (I had every figure released between 1995-2002) and has collected video games for 20+ years, these Star Wars retro/repro releases don't interest me at all.

I'll grab the standard edition of Bounty Hunter and any other Star Wars stuff they (re-)release for modern consoles but I feel like the repros are going to be a really tough sell for them - especially for $40/$85 a pop!

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, really? This is what they like to see? Enamel Pins? Yeah, when I was a kid collecting games I was always disappointed when I'd open the box and there would be no enamel pin. I thought to myself, "Self, one day you will publish video games and you'll make sure all the coolest stuff is included. Enamel pins... folded posters....coins...."
Maybe both guys worked at TGI Friday's back in the day and were really bummed out when they stopped forcing the waiters to wear flair and this is their revenge?

What I thought was cool as a kid were releases like Final Fantasy (NES) where you got a massive manual that went the length of the box and was useful for playing the game yet the box was still normal size. Oh and I loved the folded posters as a FREE bonus. Especially the posters like Konami, Acclaim and other companies did with the box art on one side and then an advertisement on the back showing off other games from the company... or the ones that had a game map or something. Oh and box art. I loved good box art. I'm not saying it's all bad these days, but modern box art tends to look darker and blander than the artful creations of the past.

​Each card will be equipped with a method for accessing the game without damaging the packaging - allowing you to play and display!

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/star-wars-nes-carded-edition
Oh, well that's nice to hear!

I don't recall that being mentioned in their original announcement - Josh made it sound like it was just straight up action figure packaging (a plastic bubble on a card).

I'm still going to pass as I feel $40 each is a bit much.

This will be the first confirmed LRG PS4 release that will be available at Best Buy. Good to see that anything is fair game to be carried by Best Buy now. The PS4 version of Power Rangers is also supposed to be carried at an unnamed B&M retailer in the future (my guess being Gamestop).
Wasn't Celeste also going to be sold at Best Buy?

Josh is pleading on twitter for people to buy Power Rangers. The CE is still at 1,375 out of 2,000, regular preorders must be real bad.

Edit: He tweeted at someone that they've sold nearly 17k altogether, so nevermind

so a box, poster, coin, and pin is $55 lmaooo
I thought these huge markups were to help small devs? Only a handful of their releases have been a good value and I don't think any have been CEs. I remember Caladrius Blaze only being good because of the Play-Asia release (or them having an Asian version in stock).

Kinda interesting that there are no purchase limits for the Star Wars Premium Editions....

I sure hope these mock ups aren't finished.  The gatefold design seems kinda lazy - the "Star Wars" logo on the left and nothing on the right save for the clear window to see the cartridge.  That art clearance must be really tight on these.  I doubt we'll find out before these are in-hand, but I am going to bet that the back of the box is going to be either a starfield or just solid black with the LRG logo.  

I'm hoping they at least use the original box art for Shadows of the Empire since there is no movie art to pull from.   

Josh is pleading on twitter for people to buy Power Rangers. The CE is still at 1,375 out of 2,000, regular preorders must be real bad.

Edit: He tweeted at someone that they've sold nearly 17k altogether, so nevermind
I think he is talking about downloads not that they LRG sold that many copys

Josh Fairhurst@LimitedRunJosh
1 hour ago

More

No, it's sold nearly 17,000 copies between both platforms

Are any of these Star Wars game getting a graphical upgrade? Or is it a straight up port of the games??? Im sure games from the NES and GB era obviously wont get any kind of enhancement but what im specifically asking if any of the 3D games like Bounty Hunter(PS2/GC/Xbox era) will get some kind of enhancement like the recent Crash Bandicoot games have

It's a basic PS2 to PS4 port. Here it is from the PSN page This title has been converted from the original PlayStation®2 version to the PS4™ system. Consequently, there may be times where the title plays differently from the PlayStation®2 version, or where some features may not function properly. This version does not support PlayStation®2 peripherals, therefore some functionality may not be available.

It's a basic PS2 to PS4 port. Here it is from the PSN page This title has been converted from the original PlayStation®2 version to the PS4™ system. Consequently, there may be times where the title plays differently from the PlayStation®2 version, or where some features may not function properly. This version does not support PlayStation®2 peripherals, therefore some functionality may not be available.
Thank you for the information! I was on the fence on this but now that i know it is a straight up port, i will pass. I really was hoping for some kind of enhancement. I really enjoyed Bounty Hunter back in the day and this would have been an easy buy if it had an upgrade

Thank you for the information! I was on the fence on this but now that i know it is a straight up port, i will pass. I really was hoping for some kind of enhancement. I really enjoyed Bounty Hunter back in the day and this would have been an easy buy if it had an upgrade
That's not exactly correct. It does have added trophy support and like all of the PS2 to PS4 ports, it did go through Sony's 1080P conversion process. You'll still be able to tell it's a PS2 game, but it isn't literally just the same game without any changes running on a PS4.

Well The Star Wars blister packs are $39.95 EACH! That is fucking bullshit insane pricing for a old ass repro gameboy/nes game.

Again anyone who buys or supports this has issues.

Well The Star Wars blister packs are $39.95 EACH! That is fucking bullshit insane pricing for a old ass repro gameboy/nes game.

Actually, factor in tax and shipping and its closer to $50 to buy one! Total rip-off.

I am going to try and pick up the Mercenary Kings Steelbook Edition though as that looks right up my alley. A steelbook and soundtrack for an extra $20 isn't too shabby either.

LOL at the pricing on the regular and premium versions of all the Star Wars game.

Limited Run is becoming such a joke thanks to these massively inflated, bullshit prices.

And they tweeted pics of the plain looking gatefold packaging proclaiming we'd be proud to display in our collections.  Proud?  Not if someone asked me how much it cost!  A plain window box with a transparent blue cartridge?  There really had to be a lot of restrictions on these releases for this to be the final result.  "You can have two pieces of key art decided upon by us and no time to put it all together."

Here's what is sick - I am actually debating this even though I can't find anything good to say about it other than I like the original poster art!  haha.... so messed up.  Can't... let.... them.... win.....

D-F7_XdXsAAC_kC.jpg

Holy shit those Star Wars editions are starting to sell out.  With all the bitching and moaning on here, LRG's Twitter, basically everywhere, I thought they would take a while.  Guess not.  Star Wars fans will buy anything, literally.

FYI, looks like LRG finally fixed the incorrect tax amount they were charging to some customers in PA and IL.  My order today finally had the right tax amount.  Took them about 7 months to fix it (though granted, it sounds like it was caused by Shopify, though my Shopify orders with other companies never had the tax issue).

Holy shit those Star Wars editions are starting to sell out. With all the bitching and moaning on here, LRG's Twitter, basically everywhere, I thought they would take a while. Guess not. Star Wars fans will buy anything, literally.
I think this is an LRG releases that caters to non gamers as well. SW people collect everything.

As an avid collector of retro games I can tell you that $40 is a very reasonable price for a quality repro cart. I usually see them between ~$25-50. Also, custom clear carts are usually sold at a premium. Retro game collecting has become quite an expensive hobby in the last few years.

I’m having to skip them as I have to make seriously deep cuts to my spending to pay for my upcoming wedding. Would love to pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the appeal of the Star Wars repros. I personally decided not to get either of them, despite understanding the appeal. This is largely because I have no nostalgia for the NES and GB versions of the Star Wars games. Just having a game be from a popular licensed property is not enough for me. The game also has to be good in its own right, and I don't recall either of those titles being all that decent. I was a Super Star Wars kid back in the day. Show me a SNES cart, and I'd be interested. Bounty Hunter also holds no fondness for me, so a pass on the PS2 hack job as well. (I do not approve of PS2 re-releases with no extra work done. If I didn't bite on Psychonauts, I'm certainly not going to bite on Bounty Hunter)

I did show up for a PS4 copy of Mercenary Kings and a pre-order on the standard edition of Accounting +.

bread's done
Back