Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
That game does look good.

But let's call LRG what they are now: just straight up a publisher.
Isn't that what they have always been? They publish other people's games in a physical format, sell, and distribute them. They have never been anything but that since the release of breach and clear.

I think HaloGX is implying that LRG just like "the man" and no longer fighting the "good fight" for the people. Or, whatever. :beer:

Speaking of "the man", didn't anyone else look at the EA article on Gamespot?
Correct. They've gone from publishing to preserve games that otherwise wouldn't get a physical release, to just publishing anything they think they can make money on. (I understand they're a for-profit business). The PS2 on PS4 and Star Wars games specifically, but there's a lot.

Correct. They've gone from publishing to preserve games that otherwise wouldn't get a physical release, to just publishing anything they think they can make money on. (I understand they're a for-profit business). The PS2 on PS4 and Star Wars games specifically, but there's a lot.
Well, Gamestop used to be a great company over a decade ago. All companies change over time, for better or worse.

what the fuck $35 for Transistor standard edition.

Bastion was $25.  $10 over retail.  This one is now $15 over "retail".   Even though everybody got it for free on PS+ or paid $3.75-$4.99 max for either/both digitally. 

It's this kind of shit, I tell ya man. 

They’re beginning to now charge PS4 buyers the Switch cart tax, it looks like. Keeping those prices equal and “fair”. I hate this bullshit so much.

what the fuck $35 for Transistor standard edition.

Bastion was $25. $10 over retail. This one is now $15 over "retail". Even though everybody got it for free on PS+ or paid $3.75-$4.99 max for either/both digitally.

It's this kind of shit, I tell ya man.
It seems they charge whatever they can get away with now without a huge backlash. $15 over retail has become pretty normal for what they charge for Switch games.

One option may be to just pick up the Switch version of Transistor at Best Buy as it appears they will be getting copies.

Well, that was an easy morning. Grabbed Transistor CE for PS4, since the Switch CE has that godawful red side on the box. Good luck to everyone else on their purchase today!

I'm a realist that they've ditched their original mantra, stopped contributing to this forum, and are just a sell out company making money off collectors
Here here. Preservation my butt. Since when is a jacked up reproduction "preservation". Profit is king. Call it what it is.

Here here. Preservation my butt. Since when is a jacked up reproduction "preservation". Profit is king. Call it what it is.
Cause that’s good marketing. “We’re just here to make money.” All companies are in it to make money.

All these damn liberals just want shit for free. “This game was on sale digitally for $4.99 one time, it should be $9.99 physically with free shipping.” fuck the devs and fuck LRG employees pay.

Holy shit, I had no idea Corpse Killer was remade for the PS4... kinda tempted to buy it.
Regular is an open pre order so you have time. I got one today, I'm excited for it. They also are throwing in a piece of memorabilia like original slide, VHS promo tapes, sealed 3do copies, etc 1 per order.

I'm a realist that they've ditched their original mantra, stopped contributing to this forum, and are just a sell out company making money off collectors
Yeah, this was the best thing they ever did actually, as I told them they never should have started, and in the end, it led exactly where I knew it would. Leaving this toxic place and never looking back gave them mad props in my book, as it gave a much needed middle finger to a certain group here, who is still salty about it. :-({|=

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no. You mean people here are angry because a company decided it could make more money than it was before, and all it needed to do was leave behind some stupid marketing language. What a revelation folks.

People really are stupid. Companies don't give two s&@ts about you, your ideas, or your "voice." It's all marketing bulls&#t.

Get with the program you mother&#^^ers.

Cause that’s good marketing. “We’re just here to make money.” All companies are in it to make money.

All these damn liberals just want shit for free. “This game was on sale digitally for $4.99 one time, it should be $9.99 physically with free shipping.” fuck the devs and fuck LRG employees pay.
Waitaminute - what do liberals have to do with this?

Last I checked the bulk of federal subsidies and handouts go out to poor southern white folk, which btw, grossly outnumber the rest of the country's so-called entitled liberals. So if by liberals you mean "southern-white-people-who-like-to-pretend-they're-super-independent-when-in-fact-they're-the-most-dependent-of-all," then yeah, I agreed with you because that's what the actual data shows.

Seriously, don't be a party zombie who shills cheap labels and bulletpoints for one side.

Do the research and stop listening to the idiots from either party. They're all @$$holes who couldn't care less about you.

Stupid question, as I've only ordered one game before, but if I were to preorder both Power Rangers and Transistor in the same transaction, will they wait until both are produced to ship them at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is what LRG's current shipping schedule looks like. Haven't posted this in a while, but shipping/production have seemed really slow lately.

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"

• Another World (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Game Tengoku CruisinMix (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Jak Merch

July

• Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Toe Jam & Earl Funkothon Retro Cases
  • A Hole New World NES OST
  • Jak 3 (PS4 CE)
  • Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Aegis Defenders (PS4)
  • Striker's Edge (PS4)
  • Desert Child (PS4)
  • Doctor Dekker (PS4)
  • A-Train Express (PS4)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • The House in Fata Morgana (Vita CE + PS4 CE)
  • Airheart (PS4 + PS4-Soundtrack Bundle)

August

• The Messenger (PS4 + Switch)
  • Giga Wrecker Alt (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Minit (PS4 + Switch)
  • Aegis Defenders (Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (PS3 + PS3 CE)
  • Pix the Cat (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 + PS4 CE)
September

• Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4 CE)
  • Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
October

• Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
November

• Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)

No Date/TBA

• Celeste (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • The House in Fata Morgana (PS4)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Transistor (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 + PS4 CE)

Of note:

• Things from July will probably slide, and a number of July's scheduled items have already slipped from earlier months
  • Fata Morgana PS4 CE is likely a mistake on their production updates page since the standard doesn't have a date
  • Project Lux is one of their oldest pending releases and still has no date. My thought is that Sekai wasn't done before it was sold (it was sold in March and only released on PSN a few weeks ago)
  • Vita stuff is shipping out relatively quickly as long as it's not ordered with anything else
  • Excluding the merch, LRG has 62 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 124k units of already-sold product.

Why is LRG still releasing garbage like Super Combo Man (this Friday).  It just looks awful and has the reviews that seem to support that.  I thought they were focusing on more critically acclaimed and highly regarded titles?  To me this looks to be in the bottom 5 of the worst LRG releases yet.

Why is LRG still releasing garbage like Super Combo Man (this Friday). It just looks awful and has the reviews that seem to support that. I thought they were focusing on more critically acclaimed and highly regarded titles? To me this looks to be in the bottom 5 of the worst LRG releases yet.
They still have a backlog of titles that they signed a couple of years ago which they are contractually obligated to release. Things were different back then and they signed too many games.

They say 1500 on ESRB and 1500 on PEGI for Teslagrad but I don't see different options for either. Please don't tell me it's random which one they send you. I'd be pissed to pay 55 dollars for an EU one.

This will go well
Yeah, I know right? Why not just have two separate listings with big PEGI & ESRB symbols front and center in the preview gif? A drop down menu seems like that will just cause issues, especially if people don't know there will be two versions before hand. Oh well, another well thought out LRG plan, glad I'm not apart of it either way, but I'll be curious to see how well it goes.

bread's done
Back