Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Did LRG ever speak up again about the status of night in the woods? Please don't turn this into a whole thing I just want a yes or no.
So I have made clear what my principles are here, and that is costs will go up for the wealthy and for big corporations, and for hard-working middle-class families, costs will go down. You know, the way I see this is, I have been out all around this country. I've done 140 town halls now, been to 27 states and Puerto Rico. Shoot, I've done 70,000 selfies, which must be the new measure of democracy.

And this gives people a chance to come up and talk to me directly. So I have talked with the family, the mom and dad whose daughter's been diagnosed with cancer. I have talked to the young woman whose mother has just been diagnosed with diabetes. I've talked to the young man who has MS.
And here's the thing about all of them. They all had great health insurance right at the beginning. But then they found out when they really needed it, when the costs went up, that the insurance company pulled the rug out from underneath them and they were left with nothing.
Look, the way I see this, it is hard enough to get a diagnosis that your child has cancer, to think about the changes in your family if your mom has diabetes, or what it means for your life going forward if you've been diagnosed with MS. But what you shouldn't have to worry about is how you're going to pay for your health care after that.

Anyone know how long it usually takes CS to reply to a ticket regarding an order? Going on 3 days now and no response at all...

Anyone know how long it usually takes CS to reply to a ticket regarding an order? Going on 3 days now and no response at all...
I've gotten replies within a few days, and I've had some take two weeks during them having staffing issues, or something like that. LOL

Actually, they did say that it was on hold after the incident but Douglas mentioned on one of the chats recently that they expect it will still move forward likely next year if everyone agrees.
This is exactly what I was looking for thanks! I don't follow LRG all that closely so I rarely hear mini updates.

Also LOL @nothing-

I picked up a copy of Children of the Zodiarcs, and put in a pre-order for a standard copy of Wandersong for the Switch. But that was it. Don't need the latest Kemco RPG. (not highly rated enough to warrant it) And I definitely don't need a pod-racing Star Wars game. I'm pretty sure I already have the original N64 cart. It isn't that hard to come by, or that expensive when you do.

Contacted them recently regarding damage on my Snatcher Sega CD Cassette and Shantae stickers being damaged. Took 2 days to respond and another 2 days to ship my replacement (and of course, another 7 days before it was actually picked up). I wasn't sure why they shipped me replacements without asking for the originals back but I was like whatever I guess. Well, what I got was a replacement empty Sega CD case and another set of stickers which were peeling off the corners. I guess the stickers aren't a huge deal but I wanted to keep my Snatcher cassette sealed. Guess I won't get a sealed copy... f

But for collectors of long box Sega CD, Saturn or PS1 games- this is my first experience with their highly hyped "just like the originals!!!" long box cases and wow, these things are nowhere close to the originals. I got some of the cases made by the other guy, which were much better quality but unfortunate, those lack the tabs that hold the tray in place.

It looks like everything (all 10 games/controllers and the mega bundles) from Friday are still in stock in case anyone missed out. The PS4 RPGs are the closest to selling out and probably won't last the day. The Star Wars stuff is around 60-75% sold through, the controllers are at around 50%. Maybe the volume of releases is finally wearing people out? Even by LRG standards this last Friday was pretty damn big.

Man, ordered Metal Wolf Chaos, River City Girls, and Gunvolt Chronicles and none of them have shipped yet.

Got tired of waiting and just picked the physical from Gamestop instead, fuck this wait. Didn't have this issue when I ordered caladrius blaze back in the day so they must have really gone downhill. Definitely going to be my last time buying from Special Reserve and Limited Run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, ordered Metal Wolf Chaos, River City Girls, and Gunvolt Chronicles and none of them have shipped yet.

Got tired of waiting and just picked the physical from Gamestop instead, fuck this wait. Didn't have this issue when I ordered caladrius blaze back in the day so they must have really gone downhill. Definitely going to be my last time buying from Special Reserve and Limited Run.
Cool story.

Yeah, LRG does a lot of open preorders now. It's great that you don't have to worry about missing out on something you want, but it also means that the orders for many of those games don't get placed with the manufacturer until the preorder window ends. In the case of Gunvolt at least, that was only about 3 weeks ago. Personally though, I like this system even if it leads to longer wait times.

SRG tends to put games up for sale before they actually have them in hand, so they have to wait for the games to arrive before they can start shipping. This has basically become standard for most of these smaller publishers. It's weird and annoying, but it hasn't stopped all of us from buying all this stuff anyhow.

If you're sick of waiting, let them know about it. (Just please don't be a dick!) I think these companies are so used to selling games this way that they don't realize how many potential customers they're turning away by making them wait for months to fulfill an order.

https://twitter.com/specialreserves/status/1181956246347366400

Contacted them recently regarding damage on my Snatcher Sega CD Cassette and Shantae stickers being damaged. Took 2 days to respond and another 2 days to ship my replacement (and of course, another 7 days before it was actually picked up). I wasn't sure why they shipped me replacements without asking for the originals back but I was like whatever I guess. Well, what I got was a replacement empty Sega CD case and another set of stickers which were peeling off the corners. I guess the stickers aren't a huge deal but I wanted to keep my Snatcher cassette sealed. Guess I won't get a sealed copy... f

But for collectors of long box Sega CD, Saturn or PS1 games- this is my first experience with their highly hyped "just like the originals!!!" long box cases and wow, these things are nowhere close to the originals. I got some of the cases made by the other guy, which were much better quality but unfortunate, those lack the tabs that hold the tray in place.
That's not what I want to hear. I'm in the market for a lot of replacement long boxes. Is the poor quality why LRG hasn't started selling them?

That's not what I want to hear. I'm in the market for a lot of replacement long boxes. Is the poor quality why LRG hasn't started selling them?
They said before they were having issues shipping multiple boxes without them ending up damaged. But it makes more sense hearing how bad they are that the reason is more that they realize people will open them and see that they aren't good replacements at all compared to the originals.

I'll give LRG another week before I send a complaint about them not sending me my copy of Transistor.
You made me realize I also never received my Transistor PS4 standard edition. It was marked “in hand” and I had nothing else I’ve been waiting on (even got Celeste already). Opened a support ticket today and 2 hours later I got a shipment notification.

So you were so impatient they had a shipping snafu they announced you went to the worst possible place you could and paid the same price for it but missed out on the bonus items from srg because you couldn't wait a bit longer?

And we all know this won't be the last time you buy something from them.

Backwards compatibility on the PS5 would make re-released LRG PS4 games unnecessary. I can't imagine a world where the PS5 won't play PS4 games...
Doesn’t mater bro the cases have to say PS5. That’s why there’s a contractor here drawing up blueprints for home expansion.

Backwards compatibility on the PS5 would make re-released LRG PS4 games unnecessary. I can't imagine a world where the PS5 won't play PS4 games...
I couldn't imagine a world where we needed games like Saturday Morning RPG physically published on a third console either, but alas, "need" has nothing to do with it. If they can reprint yet another version of the same game for a new console then they will do it, to make more money. Especially when it comes to popular sellers that may have sold out or didn't quite get the run they deserved. Don't put it past LRG; some of these titles will get PS5 re-releases. Look at their initial offerings on the Switch for examples.

The PS5 is confirmed to play PS4 discs btw.

The PS5 is confirmed to play PS4 discs btw.
Cool, thanks for the update on backwards compatibility!!! Yeah, even if they do try to reprint some, I can't fathom the demand for the same games being very high, unless they released a compilation with a new sequel (ex. SMRPG 1&2), or new "directors cut" version (ex. Battle Princess Madelyn Royal). My assumption is that a rehash of the same exact products simply will not sell.

Cool, thanks for the update on backwards compatibility!!! Yeah, even if they do try to reprint some, I can't fathom the demand for the same games being very high, unless they released a compilation with a new sequel (ex. SMRPG 1&2), or new "directors cut" version (ex. Battle Princess Madelyn Royal). My assumption is that a rehash of the same exact products simply will not sell.
Here are the original two articles published in April and October on Wired where Mark Cerny detailed info about the PS5 on two separate occasions this year. This is where all the PS5 info has come from. No other official press releases.

But here is a better, easy-to-read synopsis of details in what to expect from the PS5.

At the end of the day, Sony can clearly see that the backwards compatibility issue has been an advantage for Microsoft this generation... Which is weird, because it was perceived by both sides last generation as such a non-issue after the first year or so. I mean really, the only manufacturer who really seemed to do major backwards compatibility last gen was Nintendo with the Wii and Wii U -and a fat load of good it did them with the Wii U sales, people still tilt their head and look at me like "why on earth do you own that?"

It's good to see that it will be backwards compatible, hopefully 100%, and hopefully with proper upscaling to 4k. Hopefully. I'm honestly a bit uneasy about the SSD though, as they aren't known to hold up well for lots of writing and rewriting... Like, say, the kind of rewriting that you may be doing a lot of when you've built up a big game library and need to juggle what's currently installed to make room for new things. You know, that use case that totally *never* happens...

In either case, I'm curious to see how long into the new console releases it will be before LRG starts offering up titles for those systems.

I'm honestly a bit uneasy about the SSD though, as they aren't known to hold up well for lots of writing and rewriting... Like, say, the kind of rewriting that you may be doing a lot of when you've built up a big game library and need to juggle what's currently installed to make room for new things. You know, that use case that totally *never* happens...
The main writing/rewriting issue is save data and wherever it temporarily holds downloaded games/patches before they are installed. Even if games get an update every month that's still a very limited amount of rewriting to where the actual games are stored... even if you end up having to manage the space.

The main worry I'd have over an SSD is when they go they don't go half way, they are just gone. So expect to remain a PS+ member to backup saves if that's important to you.

I think I've talked myself down from costume quest. I absolutely love the game and I'm happy it can be preserved, but why would I buy a game I've played and beaten entirely? I'll never open and play it. I think it's enough for me to just know I could have it if I really wanted it.

I think I've talked myself down from costume quest. I absolutely love the game and I'm happy it can be preserved, but why would I buy a game I've played and beaten entirely? I'll never open and play it. I think it's enough for me to just know I could have it if I really wantedgG Gg it.
The first step for CAG rehab

I think I've talked myself down from costume quest. I absolutely love the game and I'm happy it can be preserved, but why would I buy a game I've played and beaten entirely? I'll never open and play it. I think it's enough for me to just know I could have it if I really wanted it.
A couple of other crappy parts to this release is that it's only the 2nd game (I'd be much more interested in owning both), and $25 or $30 for Costume Quest 2 (plus shipping) is laughable at this point.

At least there's a soundtrack in that edition.

I'm glad it's getting a physical release too, but also have no interest in buying it. These games are fun though.

I'm amazed that CEs like this continue to sell out week after week. The contents feel super phoned in. Is there anyone that really wants to drive around blasting the Costume Quest soundtrack? What do people even do with pins? The poster is the only thing I could see people pining for, and you could get a stack of them printed and not creased from FedEx for $30 if the employee is willing to overlook the copyright/IP issues (and most could care less).

What is limited run’s stance on when the post office shows something was delivered but it wasn’t actually received? I’m out of town and had all my mail on hold at the post office. Everything, including packages, were supposed to be held until I returned. Everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed my copy of river city girls shows as being delivered to my house unlike all my other packages which shows they’re being held at the post office. I asked my neighbor to go get the package from my place but he says nothing is there. So either the post office is holding it and marking it as delivered, or it was stolen.

I’ll confirm with the post office when I return but I’m hoping if somehow the item was stolen that LRG will send a replacement. I’ve given them a lot of business and I’m hoping that will count for something. This is the first time anything like this has happened.

oh damn is that how you tell? I assumed all of the open preorder Switch titles would end up at Best Buy :(

Wondering about Mary Skelter 2..probably will be $59 w LRG but on sale now digital...arggh

bread's done
Back