Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
c1fec2ebf1a037441a665f8f8bec1f3f.jpg

Well if the figure was of the character I'd have bought it. Regular edition for me it seems on ps4. Was just thinking earlier I hope this gets a physical release.

Smash is a bad example as it comes with all of the modes and the vast majority of characters from the base launch version without needing any updates. The DLC is only a few characters which are completely optional.

Power Rangers launched crippled, has been expanded some (which will be on the cart), but still lacks a lot of the content that is still in development. This includes some story content.

I get where you were going with the comparison, but you should have used Street Fighter or something else that is more predatory with it's content delivery. I also find games like that are pointless to buy physical until they are complete. Smash though, is content rich without needing any dlc.
Story mode content has been completed. I agree that it was a bad move to launch it lacking so much. At this point in time though, the content that makes up the base game is complete. It’s a matter of opinion on how much content is considered “rich”. Smash arrived with more content than most games do these days, but the point still stands that even Smash does DLC. Optional or not.

Also, this is made by a much smaller studio. It’s also their first console game. There isn’t going to be as much content on the base level as some of the bigger games out there.

Whats the difference from the LRG version of Azur Lane and the official Iffy store one? Content seems to be the same and price as well. The only thing i see that I see that is different is that it mentions FREE shipping on the iffy store

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/azur-lane-crosswave-LE/

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/azur-lane-crosswave-limited-edition-ps4-preorder
LRG preorders start today

Iffy preorders start early 2020

also Standard Edition on Iffy site does not come with free shipping

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/azur-lane-crosswave-SE/

Last edited by a moderator:
USPS says it delivered my package today. Haven’t received it. Hoping it comes tomorrow or I’m sending an email to LRG. Unreal.

Does this happen often?

Whats the difference from the LRG version of Azur Lane and the official Iffy store one? Content seems to be the same and price as well. The only thing i see that I see that is different is that it mentions FREE shipping on the iffy store

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/azur-lane-crosswave-LE/
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/azur-lane-crosswave-limited-edition-ps4-preorder

One will be loose and rattling the other will not.

Meow :beer:

After a lull of like 3-4 months, I've gotten 5 or 6 shipment notices, and even gotten 2 deliveries!  Good to see things picking up shipping-wise.

But they still haven't shipped my PS4 Celeste yet.   Sigh.

UPDATE:  No joke, I got the shipping notice today, 11/6!

On the page it mentions the Azure CE being limited to 3k copies. So what happens to the iffy preorders next year if lrg sells out?

On the page it mentions the Azure CE being limited to 3k copies. So what happens to the iffy preorders next year if lrg sells out?
On one of the threads on Twitter IFFY mentioned that the 3K figure is just the amount that LRG is selling and that IFFY will have their own allotment of games to sell on their own website.

The setup with Azur Lane seems really confusing to me. Why is LRG distributing it if the Iffy Store also is? Why is the LRG CE option up months before the Iffy Store one (so we can have more more tied up with them, I guess)? I'm certainly not 100% against these setups, but this one just seems needlessly confusing. If the Twitter replies are anything to go by, then lots of other people are feeling this, too.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1192159617331142657
I'm guessing it's not selling super well then? Don't know why they'd do this otherwise. Also a little worried about those being properly fulfilled, with so many things to ship out adding one more variable into the mix seems like it'd just increase the odds of error and decrease velocity.

Regarding Azur Lane, it really is bizarre. If you buy the CE from LRG, you have to pay $13 shipping (as opposed to free) and get charged now (as opposed to when it ships). I have no clue what the point of it is.

I'm guessing it's not selling super well then? Don't know why they'd do this otherwise. Also a little worried about those being properly fulfilled, with so many things to ship out adding one more variable into the mix seems like it'd just increase the odds of error and decrease velocity.

Regarding Azur Lane, it really is bizarre. If you buy the CE from LRG, you have to pay $13 shipping (as opposed to free) and get charged now (as opposed to when it ships). I have no clue what the point of it is.
Regarding first point, they added in posters for people who bought both CEs of VA-11 HALL-A and 2064 ROM for vita and wasn't any real issues there aside from the occasional forget to add one in, but contacting CS got that shipped out for free.

EDIT: my first thought was that it may be selling poorly too

Second point, I can only think Iffy is willing to try and reach a larger audience. Their CEs, afaik, doesn't usually sell out unless it's for Nep Nep series. I remember last BF or so they had a hefty discount on a bunch of remaining CEs and merch they had on their online store.

Regarding first point, they added in posters for people who bought both CEs of VA-11 HALL-A and 2064 ROM for vita and wasn't any real issues there aside from the occasional forget to add one in, but contacting CS got that shipped out for free.

EDIT: my first thought was that it may be selling poorly too

Second point, I can only think Iffy is willing to try and reach a larger audience. Their CEs, afaik, doesn't usually sell out unless it's for Nep Nep series. I remember last BF or so they had a hefty discount on a bunch of remaining CEs and merch they had on their online store.
I really hope they do that again, i need that super neptunia rpg CE.

Thank you guys. Yeah not thrilled with LRG.

They need to slow things down or hire more staff.

My PS4 copy of metal slug 3 still hasn’t come.

If anyone got that Atari set from lrg and happens to open it and sell the contents but keep the game shoot me a PM. I'd like the set of cards that comes in it.

I have a lrg binder and i put those sets of cards they used to sell separate in it but it seems they dont do that anymore and those atari games are the last ones i want.

Did LRG put Shantae 5 on preorder yet?
We don't have a confirmation one way or another whether LRG will get Shantae 5. During a fireside chat they mentioned they'd like to and had expressed that to WayForward, but there weren't any plans.

Shipping/production updates since 10/25 below, changes in bold.

Shipped since 10/25:

• Atari Flashback Collection (Vita Deluxe)
  • Double Switch (Switch)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4)
  • Metal Slug 3 (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (Vita Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (Vita Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"/In Hand

• Celeste (PS4 CE + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • River City Girls (PS4)
  • Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 CE+ Switch CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + Switch)
  • Timespinner (PS4)
  • Duck Game (PS4)
  • Teslagrad (Switch CE)
  • Deadbolt (Vita)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 CE)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
October (Yes I'm aware it's November)

• Double Switch (PC CE)
  • Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
November

• Fairy Fencer F (Switch)
  • AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • Serial Cleaner (PS4)
  • Deadbolt (PS4)
  • River City Girls (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • The Shapeshifting Detective (PS4)
  • River City Girls Vinyl
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Shenmue III (PS4 CE)
  • Metal Storm (NES + NES CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 CE)
  • Double Switch (Switch CE)
  • Timespinner (Switch)
December

• Duck Game (Switch)
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4)
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Switch CE)
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)

"Q4"

• Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 + Switch + PS4 CE + Switch CE)

January

• Siralim 3 (PS4)
  • Duck Game (PS4 CE + Switch CE)

Q1 2020

• Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4 CE)
  • System Shock (Vinyl)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (Vinyl)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl (NES + NES CE)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (NES)

No Date/TBA

• Blazing Chrome (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Tokyo Chronus (PSVR)
  • Rocketbirds (Vita)
  • Stranger Things 3 (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Alvastia Chronicles (PS4)
  • Polybius (PSVR)
  • Azur Lane: Crosswave (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Jumanji CE (XBO + PS4 + Switch)
  • Mercenary Wings (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Costume Quest 2 (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Marenian Tavern Story (PS4)
  • Children of the Zodiarcs (PS4)
  • Battle Princess Madelyn (PS4)
  • Battle Princess Madelyn: Royal Edition (Switch)
  • Asdivine Hearts II (PS4)
  • Ms. Splosion Man (Switch)
  • Wandersong (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • System Shock (PC)
  • Thea: The Awakening

Of note:

• LRG has 112 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 224k units of already-sold product.This is up 9 items from two weeks ago.
  • Some older PS4 titles shipped, but it appears that the primary focus is River City Girls and Celeste. Standard editions have been marked off the list because shipping has started, but shipping hasn't yet ended.
  • LRG shipped out 8 SKUs in the past two weeks. This seems to be pretty consistent with their pace from the past few months (15-20 per month), but this also means they've got around 6-8 months of inventory to ship. Throw in holiday vacations and the current backlog would likely extend even longer.

You know, when they announced all of the Jak games forever ago, Jak X was the one I was excited for since there wasn't a modern port like the trilogy for 1/2/3 on PS3 and Vita. But when I saw that Jak X is coming next week, I realized I just didn't care. Every week the magic feels a little more dead.

The diecast car is kind of cool. Everything else is either useless or, I'm sorry, ugly, because the art for this game is just not very good.

They need to patch the Vita version of Night Trap. They sold us a broken game and haven't fixed the problem.

One will be loose and rattling the other will not.

Meow :beer:
I'm new to this thread but I guess it's common knowledge/acceptance that many disc games from LRG are loose in their game case when they arrive unless you order with a box. Seriously, every single one of my games they have sent me in an envelope is loose inside the case. It's really hard for me to believe that "it's the post office's fault" since it hasn't happened with any other supplier I've received games from in the mail. My only solace is that the Blurays "should" not be getting scratched but really sucks for those games I am keeping sealed because it just makes them feel cheap.

I'm new to this thread but I guess it's common knowledge/acceptance that many disc games from LRG are loose in their game case when they arrive unless you order with a box. Seriously, every single one of my games they have sent me in an envelope is loose inside the case. It's really hard for me to believe that "it's the post office's fault" since it hasn't happened with any other supplier I've received games from in the mail. My only solace is that the Blurays "should" not be getting scratched but really sucks for those games I am keeping sealed because it just makes them feel cheap.
It's not just LRG, it's literally every PS4 game because of a design flaw in the disc holder design that Sony refuses to fix. I get loose discs from Amazon and Best Buy as well on a weekly basis. Luckily, there is any easy way to reattach the disc without opening the game if you're someone that either collects sealed or prefers to keep games sealed until you're ready to open them. Also, please don't feed the troll.

I would say around 50% of the PS4 games I've received from all retailers had a loose disc. Those cases are balls

They need to patch the Vita version of Night Trap. They sold us a broken game and haven't fixed the problem.
Yes they do. Ridiculous to sell a product at that price then leave customers with a worthless game that cannot be finished. Also, I'm not happy about the Atari Classic Edition. Got it this week and they altered that overpriced CE without giving customers the option to cancel. Nothing like paying for an overpriced item to begin with then have it downgraded after the fact. I won't even get into the PS4 shmup situation they still haven't dealt with. Really getting sick of LRG's crap. Effing show some respect to your loyal customers who spend a lot of money. Hopefully at some point LRG learns to act like a professional business and give a crap about the hands that feed them.

Heh I still have my jak 1 CE sealed. I never keep anything sealed but I know I wanna trade it. Prob is I want several things for it and nobody has em all.

bread's done
Back