Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm a longtime customer but I'm actually close to not buying anything from them anymore (will give them a few more chances), even the stuff I really want to get. I'll just wait for a good digital sale on something they are releasing that I really like. Kind of sad that LRG is driving me to buy more games digitally rather than preserving them with a physical purchase, but that is what it has come to.
Haven’t really thought about this too much but it’s absolutely true. They’ve drawn my attention to games I didn’t know about and I’ve bought them digitally for cheap. That’s positive for the industry but I was definitely anti-digital before. I’ve learned that if it’s really about playing a good game- this is what it’s all about?- digital is fine.

TBH many of these games are not good games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when most games need patches anyways, the "physical" then becomes about 10% digital, which in turn means it's 100% digital, as the game is incomplete otherwise. Sadly, I don't put this on LRG, as the developers are the issue here(new industry norm), but as you say, it just makes the digital all the more inviting. Physical will always be my "thing" I guess, as I could always sell something after the fact, and that is of course no longer an option with digital.
LRG has been pretty good at making sure their games come complete in the past, at least when it comes to their Switch stuff. Of course they've also sold a couple of them before the games were even finished, so we got to wait for like a year after the sale to actually get them. They're getting worse about it though. In the past year they've started putting out a lot of games at/near launch, so there's no way those are going to be complete versions. Blasphemous is one that comes to mind: the game is solid but the platforming/movement is slow, muddy, and generally crappy--which is a cardinal sin for backtrack-heavy metroidvanias. The devs are working a on huge patch right now to make it better, but since the game is already in production we're screwed when it come to getting that patch on cart/disk. There's just no good excuse for rushing games like this out until they've been updated other than $$.

Just another reason why my purchases with them have slowed way down.

Haven’t really thought about this too much but it’s absolutely true. They’ve drawn my attention to games I didn’t know about and I’ve bought them digitally for cheap. That’s positive for the industry but I was definitely anti-digital before. I’ve learned that if it’s really about playing a good game- this is what it’s all about?- digital is fine.

TBH many of these games are not good games.
Personally, I'm still a physical guy, but I've chilled out about it quite a but. A few years ago buying physical was much more important to me because it seemed like physical games were close to dying off completely. Now that there are a dozen smaller publishers putting out physical games I'm not as concerned. So now the only games I buy physically are the ones I think I'll still want to own and play years from now. Then (following my rant from above!) I look for games that are complete or near complete on cart to make sure that they'll actually work years from now. For everything else, buying digital is fine, especially when they're so cheap.

And as everyone here discusses the decline of LRG, Generic Kemco JRPG Mobile Port #8376 sold out within 20 minutes. We can all look forward to the inevitable Generic Kemco JRPG Mobile Port #8377 coming our way soon. 

All I wanted was Shadow Complex and Furi but it doesnt even look like they were on that list.

I bought one of the mystery box things for PS4 but Im not counting on getting one of those two.  Itd be nice if I get something I sorta wouldnt mind having though or something with decent resale value.  I just probably shouldnt have

I honestly want to know who these people are that buy the Kemco RPGs. I wondered that with mobile before LRG published physical copies. These people must be full-set collectors only at this point.

I stopped supporting them after they raised the price of Blasphemous at the last minute and claimed it was an error.
Woah, I guess I missed this. LRG decisions this year have really got me questioning supporting them vs my desire to have physical copies of games (at a premium price 😒)

Well I bit on Blossom Tales, Dark Devotion and Divinity Original Sin 2 on Switch! Hope January doesn't have anything else I want.
I’m in the same boat, I plan to order these before the end of the day but trying to decide if I need a physical copy of Dark Devotion.

LRG has been pretty good at making sure their games come complete in the past, at least when it comes to their Switch stuff. Of course they've also sold a couple of them before the games were even finished, so we got to wait for like a year after the sale to actually get them. They're getting worse about it though. In the past year they've started putting out a lot of games at/near launch, so there's no way those are going to be complete versions. Blasphemous is one that comes to mind: the game is solid but the platforming/movement is slow, muddy, and generally crappy--which is a cardinal sin for backtrack-heavy metroidvanias. The devs are working a on huge patch right now to make it better, but since the game is already in production we're screwed when it come to getting that patch on cart/disk. There's just no good excuse for rushing games like this out until they've been updated other than $$.

Just another reason why my purchases with them have slowed way down.
Is that confirmed? As someone else mentioned, they jacked up the price of Blasphemous at the last minute too. I would much rather wait and get the complete game, otherwise why even buy physical if you still download a huge patch to play.

And as everyone here discusses the decline of LRG, Generic Kemco JRPG Mobile Port #8376 sold out within 20 minutes. We can all look forward to the inevitable Generic Kemco JRPG Mobile Port #8377 coming our way soon.
That game is hott garbage and the only reason it sold out bc 1500 copies produced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Woah, I guess I missed this. LRG decisions this year have really got me questioning supporting them vs my desire to have physical copies of games (at a premium price )

I’m in the same boat, I plan to order these before the end of the day but trying to decide if I need a physical copy of Dark Devotion.
Yeah I passed on getting Away today due to it still being available at the tale end of January + I hear it's short but if i can get it with something else at the end of the month I might actually get it. As poster stated below Original Sin 2 will be at best buy (thanks for pointing that out guys) on the off chance you wanted to wait on that. I will agree with you Dark Devotion is the one I'm interested the least in but it looks mighty interesting and I'm a softy for the genre hope you make the decision you are most satisfied with!

DOS 2 is a great game and I think switch may be a cool place to play it- did it on PS4. 60$ to just have physical on multiple platforms is stopping me. I’d definitely buy it for 25$.

Is that confirmed? As someone else mentioned, they jacked up the price of Blasphemous at the last minute too. I would much rather wait and get the complete game, otherwise why even buy physical if you still download a huge patch to play.
Not directly confirmed, no. The patch is apparently out on PC already but not yet on consoles (ETA is just vague 2020). However, on LRG's site the game is listed as "In Production." To be fair, "in production" could mean a lot of things, but the most obvious interpretation would be that carts themselves are being produced right now, which would have to be without any new updates. There are also other game modes/features from stretch goals that haven't been added to the game yet, either. Obviously if the game is in production now the cart/disk will be missing those as well.

I'm sure they just want to capitalize on the hype and positive reception the game got at launch, but if these limited print companies have taught us anything it's that rushing these things along isn't necessary. In fact, every time LRG has asked, people have overwhelmingly responded that they'd rather wait to get a complete version of a game.

It's worth emphasizing again that I could be wrong about the situation with Blasphemous, or that they could still delay its release like they did with Celeste or PixelJunk Monsters 2. But it's their job to communicate their intentions to us, and AFAIK they've never said anything about which version of the game we'd be getting, so I skipped it.

It's worth emphasizing again that I could be wrong about the situation
Likely you'll be right and it'll be the broken version. Same thing they did with Golf Story. It was hot, they did a preorder, then they put a copy of the game on there from a year earlier before a major patch was implemented. So even if there was a patch and it was available now, I wouldn't count on LRG making sure the version published has it. Likely they'll purposefully not do the patch so they don't have to pay extra for ESRB to re-rate the game and they can do the minimal payment for the original digital version being converted for physical retail.

Likely you'll be right and it'll be the broken version. Same thing they did with Golf Story. It was hot, they did a preorder, then they put a copy of the game on there from a year earlier before a major patch was implemented. So even if there was a patch and it was available now, I wouldn't count on LRG making sure the version published has it. Likely they'll purposefully not do the patch so they don't have to pay extra for ESRB to re-rate the game and they can do the minimal payment for the original digital version being converted for physical retail.
Night Trap vita is still impossible to complete

So, is the digital version also broken or do the patches from digital not apply to the cart?
It's the same case for both. The game can technically be completed now, but there are a lot of performance issues and the Survival mode crashes before you can earn some of the trophies.

Yeah, that's what I figured, but I know they've added it in at the last minute once or twice or just announce it randomly on twitter so making sure.
I didn't see it mentioned with Blasphemous at the time of the sale but its there now. Pretty sure that was added last minute.

Blossom Tales is one that I would think they'd encourage BB to carry, but I guess not.

Also, what the hell is with that generic Kemco RPG selling out so fast? Pretty sure I have yet to see anyone mentioning they were looking forward to picking it up and even their Twitter mention of it being on sale had very few comments. Honestly seems kind of fishy to me.

Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger IX (PS4) is up for preorder at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gunvolt-chronicles-luminous-avenger-ix-standard-edition-playstation-4/6395591.p?skuId=6395591

No sign of the Switch version at BB yet.

This is only an LRG distributed title so the cover art should be the same.

The weird thing is only the Switch version at LRG mentions it will be sold at BB as its not currently showing on the PS4 listing at LRG.
If you search for the game it doesn't show the Switch version. However, once you are on the PS4 listing, you can change the console to Switch and order the Switch version. Thanks for posting! I was waiting for Best Buy to get this instead of getting from LRG since I still have GCU for one more year.

It's the same case for both. The game can technically be completed now, but there are a lot of performance issues and the Survival mode crashes before you can earn some of the trophies.
Oh you're right didnt realize he had patched, apparently you still can't get the platinum trophy though due to continued glitches, I think it's just 1 guy working on it so nobody thought he'd ever get around to fixing his broken release

So, on the New Years Blowout sale I thought all games were “in-hand” and would ship immediately 🤔. I made 2 separate orders and one has one game status simply as red and the other says the Nintendo Switch Blind Box is “In Production” with estimated ship of February 2020 and my PS4 CE Blind Box as simply red....what happened to the blind boxes being for already produced/released games?!?

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1212906183066996736
Anyone know if these will actually be removed from the site on the 10th? Fairy Fencer was supposed to be removed back in Oct and is still available for purchase.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1185239182924496897

So, on the New Years Blowout sale I thought all games were “in-hand” and would ship immediately . I made 2 separate orders and one has one game status simply as red and the other says the Nintendo Switch Blind Box is “In Production” with estimated ship of February 2020 and my PS4 CE Blind Box as simply red....what happened to the blind boxes being for already produced/released games?!?
Chill bruh
You’ll have your Loose Reprinted Games in March :beer:

So, on the New Years Blowout sale I thought all games were “in-hand” and would ship immediately . I made 2 separate orders and one has one game status simply as red and the other says the Nintendo Switch Blind Box is “In Production” with estimated ship of February 2020 and my PS4 CE Blind Box as simply red....what happened to the blind boxes being for already produced/released games?!?
https://twitter.com/LrgSupport/status/1212783219071995905

Anyone know if these will actually be removed from the site on the 10th? Fairy Fencer was supposed to be removed back in Oct and is still available for purchase.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1185239182924496897
I don't know the same thing happen to Thea: The Awakening (Switch) they where supposed to close preorder on NOVEMBER 8TH but you can still get it even the details page has it listed as closing NOVEMBER 8TH

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/thea-switch-preorder

I don't know the same thing happen to Thea: The Awakening (Switch) they where supposed to close preorder on NOVEMBER 8TH but you can still get it even the details page has it listed as closing

NOVEMBER 8TH​

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/thea-switch-preorder
It’s extra printed copies left over. Nintendo requires a nice full round number of copies to be printed. If the preorder total reached 3005, they have to print 4000 copies of the game.

Man. This shit is getting sketch. I appreciate a community that knows all this insider type stuff but it’s a bummer to see it.

I've found that when these guys drop a game that I DO need, it's best to wait until the very end of the pre order window. If you do it that way, it's several weeks off of your wait time, or at least it feels that way to me.

I ordered a few asap and by the time I got impatient and was checking the status, it was still in the last week of pre-order. I've kinda figured out since that it's best for me to wait.

If the games were numbered I'd probably always buy asap but they aren't so who cares when you order.

Anyone still think these guys aren’t making a buck investing our “pre order” payments? Ya ya, they gotta pay for production etc... slap yourself.

Fairy Fencer F ADF really doesn't run all that well on the Switch. The very first update patched in a loading screen after entering a dungeon because the enemies spawning caused massive slowdown.

I ended up placing a last minute order for Knights and Bikes PS4 late Friday, as I've been a long time fan of Double Fine.  It was a bit tough to accept paying almost $40 after taxes and shipping, making it more than double the regular PSN price.

For the same reason, while Blossom Tales on the Switch looked like a game I would greatly enjoy, paying 5x the current digital price of $7.49 to get a physical version just wasn't worth it.  Though LRG's offering did encourage me to look into the game, and I finally bought it digitally.

bread's done
Back