Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Caved last night around the same time..
I added Divinity,Blossom Tales and Dark Devotion and checked out. Not sure if Devotion was worth it..
Blossom Tales:The Sleeping King I didn't even know existed without lrg or this site
I most likely will be buying it digital later tomorrow for $7.50. Too good to pass up and was almost the reason I didn't buy it physical being so cheap as it's on sale at the moment. I look forward to getting these all together one order

Battle Chef Brigade is on sale at Bestbuy for $24.99

I think this is the first time an LRG game has gone on sale at Bestbuy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Its funny to see.......

One day "I hate LRG they are the devil and killed my mom and raped my grandma with the corpse of my dog they killed. Then they made me drink acid pee and took my job and replaced me with  mexicans and gave me cancer in my ass! F LRG THEY SHOULD DIE"

Next day "Well this game had a manual with it so I had to buy it", "yeah me too and I went and ahead and picked up this also", "at the last minute I picked up a game or two as well"

Its funny to see.......

One day "I hate LRG they are the devil and killed my mom and raped my grandma with the corpse of my dog they killed. Then they made me drink acid pee and took my job and replaced me with mexicans and gave me cancer in my ass! F LRG THEY SHOULD DIE"

Next day "Well this game had a manual with it so I had to buy it", "yeah me too and I went and ahead and picked up this also", "at the last minute I picked up a game or two as well"
New to Al Gore’s interwebs ?

Its funny to see.......

One day "I hate LRG they are the devil and killed my mom and raped my grandma with the corpse of my dog they killed. Then they made me drink acid pee and took my job and replaced me with mexicans and gave me cancer in my ass! F LRG THEY SHOULD DIE"

Only no one said they bought the game because of the manual. And someone (me) sarcastically suggested it was worth shelling out 60$ for. Sometimes you gotta think outside the box.

I did lol though. You’re right about it being funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Night Trap vita is still impossible to complete
They have released a patch but the game is still a mess and I was able to open a ticket and returned my copy. I am still awaiting to receive my refund. They are really slow at handling returns but I know I will get it eventually so no worries.

Edit Refund has been issues so I am happy.

i guess that rounded number thing happened where they ended up with 3005 preorders forcing a round up to order 4k to be manufactured. (im using made up numbers as example)

I just can't bite on those dungeon crawlers at those prices. IMHO I likely enjoy more Moero Chronicle just because it's easier to play and the story is OK enough. Kind of cute. Mary Skelter 2 I really am not enjoying the class system at all and the corruption system or whatever it is called is finicky too. I usually enjoy dungeon crawlers, but this one is not really clicking for me. Own both digitally so passing on the physical releases.

I just can't bite on those dungeon crawlers at those prices. IMHO I likely enjoy more Moero Chronicle just because it's easier to play and the story is OK enough. Kind of cute. Mary Skelter 2 I really am not enjoying the class system at all and the corruption system or whatever it is called is finicky too. I usually enjoy dungeon crawlers, but this one is not really clicking for me. Own both digitally so passing on the physical releases.
I've been playing the first Mary Skelter on Vita and I'd have to agree. I'd say it's on the level of something like Ray Gigant, but I enjoyed Dungeon Travelers and Demon Gaze much more. I also have the Asien-English Vita release of Moero Chronicle so neither of these games really entice me.

I actually really like Iffy as a company, but both of these are a swing and a miss for me unfortunately.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is a must play IMHO for every Vita dungeon crawler fan. Very intuitive class system, pretty good enough story, and great difficulty throughout. Demon Gaze I found wasn't too difficult (haven't played the sequel), but everything was well balanced and had very good production value. Both well worth playing for sure. 

Hmm Mystik Belle I may go for. The sales on it digitally haven't been high and It looks cute. Not a huge Mighty Switch Force fan, and not sure about the other, but i'll think about them. Here is the trailer for Vitamin Connection. Hasn't come out yet and is Switch exclusive. 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=D-cEqkd9t0M&feature=emb_logo[/media]

I'd really like Mary skelter, but ooofff that price. If it had free shipping or some extras at that price I might have gotten it but this past year I've gotten a lot less lrg releases, their prices just sting too much for what I get.

I've been itching for a dungeon crawler for a while now also. I played legend of grim rock 1 and 2 last year and I'd desperately trying to find something that was as much fun to play.

Vitamin Connection ... will that work on Switch Lite? I have no idea what's going on in that trailer.

At least they didn't split these up into separate releases.
So true. I still remember the time they did that with the Mutant Mudds games. What a cash grab.

River City Girls is saying none within 250 miles of me but earlier in the week I was at a store that had 3 in stock. Can't imagine they sold out of that store plus every other near me that had stock. I'm guessing there may be an issue with the stock checker for that title.

River City Girls is saying none within 250 miles of me but earlier in the week I was at a store that had 3 in stock. Can't imagine they sold out of that store plus every other near me that had stock. I'm guessing there may be an issue with the stock checker for that title.
yah in my area now if you do in store pick up not many stores are listed to choose from and the ones you can are only showing 1-3 copies left

The River City stock check is unfortunately not broken. It was tweeted out on 1/6 that 55 percent of Best Buy stores had sold out. That must have pushed people to rush to buy fast because there was another tweet on 1/8 that stated Best Buy was nearing fully sold out. If anyone wants it and your store shows stock, place an order asap.

The River City stock check is unfortunately not broken. It was tweeted out on 1/6 that 55 percent of Best Buy stores had sold out. That must have pushed people to rush to buy fast because there was another tweet on 1/8 that stated Best Buy was nearing fully sold out. If anyone wants it and your store shows stock, place an order asap.
from what twitter page did you see this

Ordered Jan 1 still no shipping. How long does this usually take it was my first time lmao

Depends on what you purchased. Blind boxes aren't ready yet so if you purchased on of those and another game that was ready to ship, they wont ship until everything is ready.

Forced me to buy[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I bought my copy last week and then suddenly they were all gone. They must have turned on shipping for a short time because I saw a few awaiting shipment in the back.

So true. I still remember the time they did that with the Mutant Mudds games. What a cash grab.

Resell groups have been telling people to buy the stock up to flip tbh

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/1216778496309067781?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1216778496309067781&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231216778496309067781

LRG hired Jeremy Parish 

Hmmmm, that's a pretty good get. Jeremy Parish is a highly experienced games writer and podcast manager. Having him producing web content for LRG-specific titles is a solid acquisition.

It is going to be interesting to see how objective he's going to be able to be in his coverage. Not all LRG-published titles are award winners or critical darlings. There have been plenty of middle-of-the-road to outright bad titles that have come out under their label. We will have to see how honest Parish is able to be in his various assessments of these developers and their games.

Hopefully, he will be able to secure a sizable amount of behind-the-scenes material with how these games are actually produced at their various developers. That's the kind of material that we don't see enough of.

Hmmmm, that's a pretty good get. Jeremy Parish is a highly experienced games writer and podcast manager. Having him producing web content for LRG-specific titles is a solid acquisition.

It is going to be interesting to see how objective he's going to be able to be in his coverage. Not all LRG-published titles are award winners or critical darlings. There have been plenty of middle-of-the-road to outright bad titles that have come out under their label. We will have to see how honest Parish is able to be in his various assessments of these developers and their games.

Hopefully, he will be able to secure a sizable amount of behind-the-scenes material with how these games are actually produced at their various developers. That's the kind of material that we don't see enough of.
Do you really think they would hire him to be objective about their products? I mean he obviously is going to be doing in-house media and PR and there is no way he is going to be objective in any way. That's just not how a job like this works.

Hopefully this will mean that they will start to do more trailers and other media that actually provides some info about the games prior to preorders opening up as that is something that has been lacking for most of their releases.

Writers (or journalists) are not supposed to be paid for by game developers or publishers.  That's kind of the whole point.  So basically he's in marketing and advertising for LRG now.  He's like a PR guy or a "content creator".  He gets paid to talk about the games that they sell. 

Personally I dont give a shit who they hire to write about them. I dont need someone to write about how great they are, their products are and speak for them.

All I want is for them release better games, have better prices, and to be more competitive with included items like specialreservegames. It doesn't matter how you spin them or how awesome they say they are or insight you give, or the content they create about themselves if I am looking at my cart and thinking "30 bucks and 5 dollars shipping for this?" Then that's is all that matters.

Writers (or journalists) are not supposed to be paid for by game developers or publishers. That's kind of the whole point. So basically he's in marketing and advertising for LRG now. He's like a PR guy or a "content creator". He gets paid to talk about the games that they sell.
Sounds like he's going to be some kind of brand ambassador. Kind of grosses me out to say that term. Maybe he can help throw a constructive view that the owners typically get defensive about when it comes from outside their four walls. Best case, we get more info which would be useful... though I'm done buying games I don't know about before hand and I'm not going to watch or listen to some podcast or stream about a company. If I have to go research something, it's probably not worth my time or money outside of a cheap digital purchase anyway.

What this does show is they aren't hurting for money to hire this guy.

bread's done
Back