Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Which ones folded? I read about one that was almost certainly a scam (Warned Collectors Games I think), but wasn't aware that any legit ones went under.
Warned and whoever made the poop game both come to mind. I don't know if they were actual scams or just wildly incompetent, but the people who lost money to these companies probably don't care about the distinction. I remember the guy behind the poop game insisted up and down that he was legit but had run out of money in like a week when no one took his company seriously. Can't remember what Warned's excuse was.

It's also disappointing to hear about SRG's customer service issues. Just need to hope I never have a problem with an order, I guess.

Warned and whoever made the poop game both come to mind. I don't know if they were actual scams or just wildly incompetent, but the people who lost money to these companies probably don't care about the distinction. I remember the guy behind the poop game insisted up and down that he was legit but had run out of money in like a week when no one took his company seriously. Can't remember what Warned's excuse was.

It's also disappointing to hear about SRG's customer service issues. Just need to hope I never have a problem with an order, I guess.
The poop game did get sent out though to people who bought it.

Edit: Download code on that Command & Conquer Limited Run release, hard pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Reserve Games does have some long delays and there customer service is run by a bunch of a$$ holes

I am 8bit has almost year long delays and in one case lied to customers about special item that was supposed to come with gang beats when the game finally came out they edit the games page on there store and ignored customers asking about the item

Strictly Limited Games does have delays but at least they try to keep you more up to date with what is going on and tries to make it up to there customers

Red Art Games I have only ordered from them one time and the service was ok
IAm8Bit is one I specifically excluded from the list because they do some pretty shady stuff between Gang Beasts and the Inside CE. It's almost like they try to be uppity about their stuff and blow off customers. For what it's worth, I'd also rather buy 100 LRG games than buy another release from Arcade Distillery/Luc Bernard.

I'm surprised you had an issue with SRG's customer service, though. I had to contact CS about the Shopify issues they were having and they were pretty nice about everything. Though in fairness LRG's support is also very nice, it just takes them a long time to respond.

SLG and RedArt are, in all honesty, just okay, but having an okay experience is better than a lot of my LRG purchases and surrounding drama. Off the top of my head, LRG:

• regularly missed shipping dates with little-to-no updates
  • has not shipped Game Tengoku replacement discs (game was missing promised DLC)
  • has not shipped Power Rangers replacement discs/carts (game was missing promised DLC)
  • botched the Jak 4 case qualifications (to their credit they did try to fix this, but still didn't honor their original statements)
  • walked back their full set Vita game and now refuse to talk about it
  • forced soundtracks into the last few Vita releases to increase prices (mandatory on both Rocketbirds, optional on both Damascus Gears)
  • threw the unreleased Vita games into blindboxes
  • put retail editions of Jumanji in the Switch blindboxes (to their credit, this was listed on the blindbox page, it's just weird because they only sold the CEs)
  • delayed the last two Vita games (they do have reasons for these, but they're not forthcoming about them publicly)
  • regularly doesn't know whether patches are on-cart (Blasphemous, Gris are specific examples)
  • announces stuff days before sale (Dragon Lair Trilogy was the peak of this, being announced the evening before sale)
  • botched the customs fees for dues-paid international orders (this was Asendia's fault, but they also didn't handle it well from their end)
I will concede that they've been treating their Switch line better than their PS4/Vita lines and that 2020 has been a strong recovery from 2018/2019 so far, but it still seems like they're constantly fumbling on stuff that should be easy after having done this for so long.

Edit: Download code on that Command & Conquer Limited Run release, hard pass.
BUT A 7 HOURS SOUNDTRACK!

Seriously though, this defeats the whole purpose. Even as someone that wouldn't have bought it and doesn't play PC games very much, the prospect of a physical version to mimic the original release is really cool. Then they go and completely miss the point. But hey, preserving digital only games is LRG's company mission statement, right? RIGHT?!

Edit: I'd also like to point out that LRG's Twitter banner literally says "Forever Physical."

Poop game was legit and shipped and is one of the high dollar PS4 games on ebay now since people thought it was fake

BUT A 7 HOURS SOUNDTRACK!

Seriously though, this defeats the whole purpose. Even as someone that wouldn't have bought it and doesn't play PC games very much, the prospect of a physical version to mimic the original release is really cool. Then they go and completely miss the point. But hey, preserving digital only games is LRG's company mission statement, right? RIGHT?!

Edit: I'd also like to point out that LRG's Twitter banner literally says "Forever Physical."
Now I wonder if when they release the LucasArts PC games if they'll end up having steam codes as well.

I would love the soundtrack, especially because it's autographed. Not for $149.99 though.
Actually, I would love the ability to purchase just the soundtracks too. Or do what a lot of other retail publishers do, and just add the soundtrack to the game (with or without a steelbook and/or artbook) for $10-15 more. Skip all the small diddly crap.

wait what? I have not heard this before. Were we supposed to reach out to get replacements, or are they shipping out to all orders?
Yeah same here. Didnt know about this either. If it wasnt for this thread i wouldnt have known about it. LRG is seriously bad at communicating these kind of issues to their customers fuck

I too, am i curious if I have to reach out to them for the replacement disc or not

Yeah same here. Didnt know about this either. If it wasnt for this thread i wouldnt have known about it. LRG is seriously bad at communicating these kind of issues to their customers fuck

I too, am i curious if I have to reach out to them for the replacement disc or not
Yeah, same here, as I only ever knew about the Night Trap Vita issue because I read it here as well. Of course their not reaching out, as that would cost them more funds, as then almost every person is gonna claim the "fix"(whatever that may happen to be). But if they keep their traps shut, they know most never open these games, so the issues will never be discovered by most, so why pay for that? That would be to much like doing the right thing, and of course they could never do that right?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1237379754657005568?s=20
WOW, publishing an EA game is pretty big! CnC is one of my top 10 favorite video games franchises so I was tickled pink to hear of CnC Remastered. I wondered if EA was going to do a physical release so quite a surprise to see yes (well sort of) via LRG. However, a fuck ing steam code? Are you kidding me? Is this how we do forever physical now?

Poop game was legit and shipped and is one of the high dollar PS4 games on ebay now since people thought it was fake
I know some copies made it out there and they're worth a ton now, but I thought some people got burned too. If I'm wrong then that's my bad. Wouldn't want to besmirch the good name of the Poop Game Company.

I would very much have preferred a GOG game key for a title like Command and Conquered: Remastered. But this is an EA game, which means we won't see it come out on GOG until a few years later, after they've milked the Steam sales for all they're worth. A GOG key would have also allowed them to put the v1.0 installer on the disc. (and had it actually counted for something) Alas, only a Steam Key. This is why I hardly ever bite on the PC games.

wait what? I have not heard this before. Were we supposed to reach out to get replacements, or are they shipping out to all orders?

Yeah, same here, as I only ever knew about the Night Trap Vita issue because I read it here as well. Of course their not reaching out, as that would cost them more funds, as then almost every person is gonna claim the "fix"(whatever that may happen to be). But if they keep their traps shut, they know most never open these games, so the issues will never be discovered by most, so why pay for that? That would be to much like doing the right thing, and of course they could never do that right?
Game Tengoku was supposed to include three pieces of DLC on-disc and it didn't (I think it included 1-2). They mentioned that they'd be sending out replacement discs last year, but obviously it has yet to happen.

As far as I know, they plan on sending them out to everyone who ordered. But if you've had an address change since you placed that order it's probably a good idea to open a ticket to update it (that's what I did). Their communication hasn't been great (the timing of this "what's on the disc?" fiasco for C&C really drives that home), so take everything with a handful of salt.

Game Tengoku was supposed to include three pieces of DLC on-disc and it didn't (I think it included 1-2). They mentioned that they'd be sending out replacement discs last year, but obviously it has yet to happen.

As far as I know, they plan on sending them out to everyone who ordered. But if you've had an address change since you placed that order it's probably a good idea to open a ticket to update it (that's what I did). Their communication hasn't been great (the timing of this "what's on the disc?" fiasco for C&C really drives that home), so take everything with a handful of salt.
I didn't even realize it was missing one additional dlc. Thanks for the info and especially for bringing it up in the first place.

WOW, publishing an EA game is pretty big! CnC is one of my top 10 favorite video games franchises so I was tickled pink to hear of CnC Remastered. I wondered if EA was going to do a physical release so quite a surprise to see yes (well sort of) via LRG. However, a fuck ing steam code? Are you kidding me? Is this how we do forever physical now?
https://twitter.com/SWIMMlN/status/1237397536555634689?s=20

It's only 20 for a steam code. Within 3 months it will be 15 on a sale or something. And it doesn't have red alert 2.

No way I'd buy that pile of shit from lrg. Course I'd never buy a pc game from them to begin with. Just like I dont want to buy reproduction game for older systems. I used to buy a lot more from them but the past year they make it hard for me to be interested in anything.

I feel kind of bad for the serious vita collectors that were looking forward to that.
Others have clarified as well, but as far as we know it's still a thing. There was a picture of a Vita Revenge of the Bird King case on Twitter forever ago so that's the most likely candidate, but it could've also been a prank and LRG won't confirm/deny one way or the other. They just refuse to talk about it beyond saying "that was never officially announced." Which is kind of a copout, because when your CEO (Josh) publicly says your company will do something, that's an announcement whether you wanted it to be or not.

If they do cancel it outright I imagine there will be a much more vocal and visible backlash against them at this point. I wouldn't put it beyond them seeing how much of a headache the Jak 4 case was (and that only needed four items to qualify), but as of now it still seems to be a thing.

I didn't even realize it was missing one additional dlc. Thanks for the info and especially for bringing it up in the first place.
I believe only the standard edition of the game got screwed out of dlc, but anybody who got the CE version has a complete version with all dlc on disc.

If they do cancel it outright I imagine there will be a much more vocal and visible backlash against them at this point. I wouldn't put it beyond them seeing how much of a headache the Jak 4 case was (and that only needed four items to qualify), but as of now it still seems to be a thing.
Well that's cool if it still happens, and I know many have been waiting, myself included to a point, but I had to give these guys up with the offering these last few titles in the blind boxes. I was happy to complete my collection, tip my hat, and thank those involved and move on to the next thing.

But for guys who have always claimed to be real fans of gaming, most of the shit they do now just doesn't show that in most ways, as all I can go on is "actions", as talk is cheap and doesn't mean shit without something actually being "done". Holding the last few titles for who knows how long, and then not giving real details for the free game, I just had to say No Thank You! They've had these last tiles in their possession for ages, and just keep holding them and for what? I know Doug recently said they are waiting on some other plans to offer a game with the last tiles, but that just seems more BS to keep the masses sucking on the tit.

Maybe they release those last few games in the coming weeks, months, or who knows, years if they so decide. Either way, I listed my Vita collection a few weeks back, and spent last week shipping most of it to new homes around the country. I freed up some much needed space, said goodbye to this "limited" rabbit hole, and paid off some outstanding bills from 2019. So I'm sure going forward, I'll still grab a physical game at retail if the price is right, but for the moment, I'm done for sure done with LRG, and probably the others as well.

I believe only the standard edition of the game got screwed out of dlc, but anybody who got the CE version has a complete version with all dlc on disc.
That seems odd to me only because thinking about it from my perspective, wouldn't they have pressed all the discs at the same time for both the standard and collector's editions? It also doesn't make sense that the factory had 2 different builds of the game IMO, which is the only scenario that would happen. But then again, we might never know since no one opens the CEs anyway lol

That seems odd to me only because thinking about it from my perspective, wouldn't they have pressed all the discs at the same time for both the standard and collector's editions? It also doesn't make sense that the factory had 2 different builds of the game IMO, which is the only scenario that would happen. But then again, we might never know since no one opens the CEs anyway lol
The CE was supposed to have DLC that the standard didn't. Something about licensing. The CE discs ended up having everything they were supposed to (including the extra DLC), but the standards didn't include all of the DLC they were supposed to.

Did LRG even do anything with the Jak 4 cases yet?
They sent out a bunch of emails telling people they were/weren't eligible and answered a ton of support tickets. As for actually shipping them, they say they're waiting on the Jak X CE to ship first (which was scheduled for Q2 and for all we know may end up being delayed further as a result of coronavirus).

Surprised to hear complaints about special reserve customer service. I guess it's because I've used their discord but I got answers and help immediately.

The CE was supposed to have DLC that the standard didn't. Something about licensing. The CE discs ended up having everything they were supposed to (including the extra DLC), but the standards didn't include all of the DLC they were supposed to.
Wow, that is..fucking dumb and sounds suspicious af. Thanks for the info!

So they reason they are holding on to Super Meat Boy Vita and Papers, Please on Vita is because they plan to release them with the sale of Super Meat Boy Forever and Return of the Obra Dinn. Who knows when this will happen but I'm pretty sure that is the plan for the last two vita games. These might not get released until late 2020 or early 2021.

Who knows because the way they schedule and announce releases is still usually a week before the game comes out.

Perfect example is their announcements of Tiny Metal Ultimate and Samuari Shodown. Announced on Monday and on sale Friday. They haven't even updated their own web site with blog posts to promote these games but did update the site for Command and Conquer, which was announced a day later. The way the promote things never makes any sense to me. All they ever focus on is Social Media.

Thank you for the clarification. I have the CE, so i guess i no longer have to worry

I see that the PAX cover for Bloodstained is up on the site, but only for PS4. Have they said anything anywhere about the Switch version?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

It sounds like there is a disc with the game, but the game wouldn't be DRM-free. Considering all the confusion following LRG's first tweet, it'd be nice if they'd respond. Even if it's just to say the discussion is ongoing. Though that should've been determined before the promo and tweet were released.

It sounds like there is a disc with the game, but the game wouldn't be DRM-free. Considering all the confusion following LRG's first tweet, it'd be nice if they'd respond. Even if it's just to say the discussion is ongoing. Though that should've been determined before the promo and tweet were released.
LRG doesn't respond any more

I can't tell if that reply means there is a DRM version on the disc or if they are debating to include the game on disc at all?
On Discord, they said they didn't know at first. Then they clarified that the disc would be commemorative and have nothing on it. Later they said the contents of the disc may change. They did, however, clarify that the game would not be DRM-free or on the disc.

So expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if that changes, I guess. It's more than a little bit of a mess.

I see that the PAX cover for Bloodstained is up on the site, but only for PS4. Have they said anything anywhere about the Switch version?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk
You don't want the Switch version. Really bad framerate. There's a reason the PS4 one is in higher demand.

Wow, that is..fucking dumb and sounds suspicious af. Thanks for the info!
yea, apparently the Japanese versions of the game also released in.. 'versions' containing differed dlc. So because of that, the dev have different builds of the same game; some with no dlc, some with a few dlc on disc, some with all dlc ect.. So they sent over the wrong build to LRG for use for the standard edition to get pressed. They sent over the correct build thou for CE discs.

Heads up CAGS, Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection for Nintendo Switch seems to have completely dried up from all of my local stores. GameStop, Target, Walmart, Amazon. All Out Of Stock at the moment. Maybe retailers will receive more copies soon tho for all I know, but I figured I’d mention it incase any CAGs still wanted to pick it up & have an available Nintendo Switch copy to purchase in their area.

bread's done
Back