Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I didn't realize that there was a 3rd party involved for Switch game assembly. I bet that explains why so, so, so many of their Switch games have damaged cover art, when that's not a problem with Vita and PS4.
Yep, this is how I understand it works. They make the carts which means they have less to ship over seas, and the publisher handles getting the games packaged and their materials locally. It's possible the publisher/distributor handles the cart stickers too... though I'm not sure.

There was a guy back during the DS days that self published a game called Diamond Trust of London. He did a kickstarter and went through the whole process including that he packaged all of the cartridges into their final packaging instead of paying a company to do it. It was a really interesting read.

The website is still there and supposedly he has copies left over (or he just abandoned it): http://diamondtrustgame.com/news/

Here's the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Trust_of_London

I'm fairly positive during the publishing of Shovel Knight on 3DS, it was detailed in the blog notes about the process of manufacturing carts and getting them packed by the distributor. I have had confirmation from people at LRG, that Nintendo still does this with Switch. I think it's somewhere deep in this thread.

I'm surprised that the Hotline Miami Collection from Special Reserve is $40. It's their most expensive release. 

But yeah, Limited Run Games don't give a shit about the pandemic. They should have slowed down. Good thing that other than Panzer Dragoon and Streets of Rage 4, everything else is shit. 

I'm surprised that the Hotline Miami Collection from Special Reserve is $40. It's their most expensive release.

But yeah, Limited Run Games don't give a shit about the pandemic. They should have slowed down. Good thing that other than Panzer Dragoon and Streets of Rage 4, everything else is shit.
Waiting for best buy to carry them and avoid LRG.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep, this is how I understand it works. They make the carts which means they have less to ship over seas, and the publisher handles getting the games packaged and their materials locally. It's possible the publisher/distributor handles the cart stickers too... though I'm not sure.

There was a guy back during the DS days that self published a game called Diamond Trust of London. He did a kickstarter and went through the whole process including that he packaged all of the cartridges into their final packaging instead of paying a company to do it. It was a really interesting read.

The website is still there and supposedly he has copies left over (or he just abandoned it): http://diamondtrustgame.com/news/

Here's the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Trust_of_London

I'm fairly positive during the publishing of Shovel Knight on 3DS, it was detailed in the blog notes about the process of manufacturing carts and getting them packed by the distributor. I have had confirmation from people at LRG, that Nintendo still does this with Switch. I think it's somewhere deep in this thread.
I bought a copy from his site back in 2016, so he was still actively selling them back then at least. The store is still up

http://diamondtrustgame.com/buy.php

Pardon me for my ignorance for these question, but I've been out of the loop for a time due to some life issues.

Did the regular sale of vita versions of Papers Please & Super Meat Boy ever happen?  I know some copies got stuff into last years blind boxes, but I never caught if the regular sale ever happened.

Also you can still redeem any reward tickets you got from them right?  I was literally saving them for the Papers Please release.

Pardon me for my ignorance for these question, but I've been out of the loop for a time due to some life issues.

Did the regular sale of vita versions of Papers Please & Super Meat Boy ever happen? I know some copies got stuff into last years blind boxes, but I never caught if the regular sale ever happened.

Also you can still redeem any reward tickets you got from them right? I was literally saving them for the Papers Please release.
No LRG is holding onto the last Vita games like a bad habit. I believe they still take reward tickets, but I wont confirm.

Did the regular sale of vita versions of Papers Please & Super Meat Boy ever happen? I know some copies got stuff into last years blind boxes, but I never caught if the regular sale ever happened.

Also you can still redeem any reward tickets you got from them right? I was literally saving them for the Papers Please release.
yes they do still take the reward tickets

i don't get it. So they are selling their own batch of hotline Miami? or is this a distribution title, for.... one of their competitor's releases ???

i don't get it. So they are selling their own batch of hotline Miami? or is this a distribution title, for.... one of their competitor's releases ???
LRG sells Special Reserve games with alternate covers and none of the extras. They've done this for a while and I'm not sure what started it.

Where did you hear that? As of last week they were shut down completely.
b830c6a5df061a880377679ba69933d8.jpg

c4558b111fdfac4f76a282229be52f40.jpg

Let's see do I want a regular copy of the game with Alt artwork that will take God knows how long to arrive or a sweet boxed version with extras from a company not buried in a shipping backlog? Hmmn

LRG sells Special Reserve games with alternate covers and none of the extras. They've done this for a while and I'm not sure what started it.
Only very select titles though, right? I have seen too many titles shared between the companies. I ordered my copy of The Messenger from SRG. I love the box it shipped with. My order of My Friend Pedro just shipped form SRG this week too! Woo Hoo!

LRG has actually sold variants for a good portion of the SRG titles.

For PS4 they sold copies of Enter the Gungeon, Absolver, Strafe, Messenger, Ruiner, Minit, and Shadow Warrior 2. Only PS4 titles they didn't sell I believe were Downwell and Metalwolf Chaos (MWC sold by GameStop).

For Switch they sold Messenger, Minit, and soon Hotline Miami 2. They didn't sell My Friend Pedro, Downwell, or Gris for some reason (though LRG sold the PS4 version of Gris). Enter the Gungeon had a wider release, so LRG didn't sell that either.

I think that covers all of their titles, but it is possible I missed something.

Sea of Stars from the makers of The Messenger, Sabotage Studio, will have physical copies being offered by LRG:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sabotagestudio/sea-of-stars

The trailer looks amazing and I was a big fan of The Messenger. Chrono Trigger look and style of gameplay, but with only 2 characters.
I loved The Messenger too, but they want $100 for this thing. $100 for a physical copy of a game that won't be done for at least another 2 years and that may well be available physically anyway since they'll have to meet a minimum order limit. They even admit they don't know exactly which platforms this game will release for since we're approaching a new console generation. Might as well go buy a grossly overpriced copy of Chrono Trigger, at least you'll know what you're getting.

I loved The Messenger too, but they want $100 for this thing. $100 for a physical copy of a game that won't be done for at least another 2 years and that may well be available physically anyway since they'll have to meet a minimum order limit. They even admit they don't know exactly which platforms this game will release for since we're approaching a new console generation. Might as well go buy a grossly overpriced copy of Chrono Trigger, at least you'll know what you're getting.
It's not $100. It's $100 Canadian which is somewhere in the $60 range depending on the conversion rate at the time.

i will just wait for LRG to sell the game on their site just like all the other kickstarter games they help 

Last edited by a moderator:
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I'll pass and pick it up for a fraction of the price once its released

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wonder what's going to become of the V411-HALL-A CE preorders. They said they were getting held up because of the current situation, but who knows when or if that'll ever get resolved. 

I actually started following LRG specifically because they said they were going to do V411-HALL-A. Then it took them ages to get to it, and when they did, CEs got held back by the pandemic. Rough luck. 

I wonder what's going to become of the V411-HALL-A CE preorders. They said they were getting held up because of the current situation, but who knows when or if that'll ever get resolved.

I actually started following LRG specifically because they said they were going to do V411-HALL-A. Then it took them ages to get to it, and when they did, CEs got held back by the pandemic. Rough luck.
I think I only have one item currently directly affected, and that's my "Dragons Lair" Replicade mini cab that was due to arrive back in March. They've given a few updates, but it all falls on China and when they offer up production again for certain things. But all this stuff LRG seems to offer, all seems like it will be ages before they see any of this.

I placed my order awhile back for my DL cab, so that this situation couldn't be avoided, and I'm sure it will get done, we're just going to have to wait our turns in line. But to be buying stuff now(currently), when who knows how any of this will all play out, seems insane to me, but I guess others aren't as concerned.

I'm interested in both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy standard editions. I will probably just get the PS4 versions.
I bought a digital copy of Jedi Outcast for Switch and enjoyed what I played of it so far.

Are panzer dragoon and shadowgate good games?
The originals are amazing, and based on reviews I've seen, I'd say SG seems a good revisit by a team who understood the original. Sadly, while PD looks way better than the original, it seems to have missed the mark in regards to the Saturn game.

PD is a rail shooter, while SG is a point & click adventure, so if neither of those things on the surface isn't your type of game, probably avoid both. As I don't think either will convert anyone to these types of games. As far as how these versions rate to the originals, I'm sure others who have experience with all 4 games can chime in.

I was really looking forward to PD until I saw the reviews, so I'll be waiting on a cheap digital sale down the road. I had no idea SG was even a thing currently, but after looking in to that title, it looks like a very solid game for fans of the OG, and is now on my "wish list".

The originals are amazing, and based on reviews I've seen, I'd say SG seems a good revisit by a team who understood the original. Sadly, while PD looks way better than the original, it seems to have missed the mark in regards to the Saturn game.

PD is a rail shooter, while SG is a point & click adventure, so if neither of those things on the surface isn't your type of game, probably avoid both. As I don't think either will convert anyone to these types of games. As far as how these versions rate to the originals, I'm sure others who have experience with all 4 games can chime in.

I was really looking forward to PD until I saw the reviews, so I'll be waiting on a cheap digital sale down the road. I had no idea SG was even a thing currently, but after looking in to that title, it looks like a very solid game for fans of the OG, and is now on my "wish list".
Thanks

Who is buying Chex Quest? That sounds like a lowest seller right there. I see from PC Gamer that Chex Quest HD is releasing for free. So really who's paying for this? Then again, is the LRG version Chex Quest or Chex Quest HD? I can't tell.

Seems like a weird choice to release a $150 meme during a pandemic, but I feel like I understand what's happening with LRG less and less. Maybe they're just banking on stimulus checks burning a hole in Americans' pockets?

It's also been a complete deluge of games this month, but they seem to be selling so whatever works I suppose.

bread's done
Back