Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I knew they were going to overcharge for this shit, should’ve been $80 at most.
They have overcharged for many things in the past, but I don't feel this CE is one of them. The game alone is $35. You really feel a statute, soundtrack, Steelbook, metal cartridge, poster, stress ball, genesis box, and outer packaging should only cost $45 more than that? Most companies would sell a statue of that quality for $40-$50 alone. I would argue their value is right on point.

With that said, I won't be buying it. I wouldn't even have room for another CE of that size even if I wanted it. Still a cool offering though.

Asian and Japanese version will have English text. They also have a better limited edition
I'm seeing 59.99$ USD on play-asia for the Asian and Japanese version.

Asian edition says: Sorry, this item is not available in your territory!

Are you sure LRG will be much more than 59.99$? If it's the same price or less, it's unfair to call it an LRG tax here.

They have overcharged for many things in the past, but I don't feel this CE is one of them. The game alone is $35. You really feel a statute, soundtrack, Steelbook, metal cartridge, poster, stress ball, genesis box, and outer packaging should only cost $45 more than that? Most companies would sell a statue of that quality for $40-$50 alone. I would argue their value is right on point.

With that said, I won't be buying it. I wouldn't even have room for another CE of that size even if I wanted it. Still a cool offering though.
Agreed

Went ahead and bought that SOR4 CE for the Switch. After shipping which was $23. plus tax, total was like $183. Guess I won’t be eating next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was funny when Streets of Rage LE went live, they immediately switched to sold out, and I was thinking "wow, those bots sure are fast" then I figured I had to wait for the shopify product id to be manually updated, and then they were indeed in stock (for a few minutes at least).

The biggest LRG regret I have was balking at the price of the Celeste CE, even though I really liked the contents and settling for the standard version.
With the great reviews, the amount of good items, (i. E. Not a lot of paper thrown in), i jumped on this. That shopping cost was tough to swallow though. The fact that I hadn't purchased anything since March 13th helped as well

"Worse than Death" looks interesting.  I can't justify the cost and shipping for one short game though.  In the past I would have been all over it.

It's all just opinion really.

Stress ball? Poster? Metal cartridge? All that shit is just junk to me and I'd rather not pay for stuff I don't want. Steelbook is ok, the statue is all right I guess but I'd rather have had just those 2 for a lot less. The other fluff stuff just Jack's up the price when what 2% of all buyers may actually use it?

I think it's over priced myself because it's mostly just cheap shit tossed in to add value by just making it seem like you get a lot

Besides, I've seen the game for 17 already on steam and 22 on PSN store. I can play it for much less very soon which devalues this ce even more.

What's the fastest way to check out on LRG ?
I did Shopify but got hit with a text 2fa that cock blocked me.
I use my iPad and log in first to PayPal around 3 minutes before release. Then I log in to LRG and go to the product page. Refresh the page till it goes live and go through the ordering process. I don’t believe I’ve ever missed out on anything that I really wanted.

I just don't care for LEs in general anymore. Generally 3 things will make a great LE from me:

1. Full soundtracks

2. Substantial artbooks

3. Plushes!

Most don't hit anywhere near this so I generally skip them all. Every now and then I'll get one if it's not that much more expensive and comes with at least a good version of one my 3 points.

I just don't care for LEs in general anymore. Generally 3 things will make a great LE from me:

1. Full soundtracks

2. Substantial artbooks

3. Plushes!

Most don't hit anywhere near this so I generally skip them all. Every now and then I'll get one if it's not that much more expensive and comes with at least a good version of one my 3 points.
Did you get the Rune Factory 4 Archival Edition? It has the soundtrack and a giant, and I mean GIANT art book with art from the entire series.

You guys think this CE is worth $180+ with shipping? Damn, even my "addiction" cant make me buy it.

edit - well, apparently ebayers are willing to pay $300 for it as one has already sold and others are asking up to $500 for it. haha

You guys think this CE is worth $180+ with shipping? Damn, even my "addiction" cant make me buy it.

edit - well, apparently ebayers are willing to pay $300 for it as one has already sold and others are asking up to $500 for it. haha
eBay "preorder" listings aren't reliable, and we're currently on Day 2 after SoR4 released so of course hype will be higher than usual. The question is whether anyone will still want the CE that badly in July/August.

Well, the early reviews for Streets of Rage 4 have been really solid, so it is likely that demand for its physical copies are going to go up. That said, I have no plans for acquiring the CE. Far too rich for my blood, no matter how much stuff they squeeze into it. I DID preorder the regular version for the Switch, but that's a different matter.

It's all just opinion really.

Stress ball? Poster? Metal cartridge? All that shit is just junk to me and I'd rather not pay for stuff I don't want. Steelbook is ok, the statue is all right I guess but I'd rather have had just those 2 for a lot less. The other fluff stuff just Jack's up the price when what 2% of all buyers may actually use it?

I think it's over priced myself because it's mostly just cheap shit tossed in to add value by just making it seem like you get a lot

Besides, I've seen the game for 17 already on steam and 22 on PSN store. I can play it for much less very soon which devalues this ce even more.
Of course it all oppinion, which is why some people will buy it and others will pass. 100 percent of CEs bundle in extra junk for a marked up cost and get people to purchase a bunch of stuff they wouldn't have otherwise. That is exactly the purpose of CEs.

Value is always what someone is willing to pay. Plenty of people willing to drop thousands of dollars on a rare comic that I would see no value in personally. Me not seeing the value in their purchase doesn't make the item not worth that value.

Clearly plenty of people found the value worth it because it sold out in a couple minutes.

I’m gonna try for the CE onight. I had the other edition ordered, so I’m glad they’ll allow a cancellation of the other ome. (Assuming I snag the CE tonight.)

I love statues in my CE’s.

Does anyone know if they usually ship the vinyl stuff at the same time as the games?

I got suckered into buying a brawler's bundle because of scalpers too. Sigh. I 'll take the 50 dollar upcharge so I have it secured, but i'm gonna be massively annoyed if I have to wait for stuff to ship because of some vinyls I don't want.

Does anyone know if they usually ship the vinyl stuff at the same time as the games?

I got suckered into buying a brawler's bundle because of scalpers too. Sigh. I 'll take the 50 dollar upcharge so I have it secured, but i'm gonna be massively annoyed if I have to wait for stuff to ship because of some vinyls I don't want.
Really depends on when the vinyl is in stock since your order won't ship until all items are available. If the vinyl is in stock when the LE is ready to ship there will be no delay, otherwise you will have to wait until the vinyl is available. It's a crapshoot, but chances are the vinyl will be ready by the time the LE is, and you will probably see no delay compared to someone who ordered the vinyl-less LE. But no one knows for sure...

Short answer: yes.

Unless they've changed practices, they only ship when everything from the order is on hand.

There's still a possibility that Streets of Rage 4 will be at Best Buy. Josh said that he wanted to get as many of LRG's games into retail as possible during this pandemic period. It will be available at retailers in the UK (through Merge Games) as well as Japan.

I can't imagine SOR4 won't show up at Best Buy. This game deserves mass release though. Still could happen.

I know he’s a sore subject here but damn, those of you who couldn’t get the Streets of Rage 4 CE, I see why. Our well known scalper in this thread Chrisz300, was able to obtain 4 CEs for the PS4 and 2 CEs for the Switch. 

The CE is still available, I think you must mean the Brawler Bundle?  If that's the case, cool.  Hopefully it saved someone from over spending that it sold out so quickly. 

bread's done
Back