Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I was thinking the same about the spine. The reveal trailer said 50 pages, but yeah, it's hard to gauge sizes in those promo pics unless it's a known size like the CD case.
We can gauge the size based on the cardboard box as it's said to hold the cd and artbook. The cardboard box should be about the same size as the shockbox as the original cardboard boxes housed the MVS cart and the art cards and that was pretty much it. So this cardboard box is likely of similar dimension to the shock box. So, it's a medium/small sized art book... more akin to the typical sample art booklets that come in retail ce releases. IF it's just 50 pages and there are something like 80 fighters through the history of Samurai Shodown... then it's going to be a sub set of art anyway and not a full big artbook.

I think if your expectations are in check and this is more of a sample art booklet and not a retail sized art book... it might be pretty cool.

Overall, I'm just glad there will be a standalone retail version of this game at regular stores. I don't need any of the fluff.

Really thinking about grabbing the 2 master blasters for ps4. I remember playing the original. Can anyone cosign the new ones. They look fun from what I've seen on YouTube.

Damn I never got any instruction on how to get Jak IV case
They sent emails asking to confirm your address a couple weeks back. I think you should check your spam folders first in case and if nothing's there, just reach out to their support. It may take awhile, for them to respond, but I've had good experiences with their CS when it came to missing items and the like.

True

We can gauge the size based on the cardboard box as it's said to hold the cd and artbook. The cardboard box should be about the same size as the shockbox as the original cardboard boxes housed the MVS cart and the art cards and that was pretty much it. So this cardboard box is likely of similar dimension to the shock box. So, it's a medium/small sized art book... more akin to the typical sample art booklets that come in retail ce releases. IF it's just 50 pages and there are something like 80 fighters through the history of Samurai Shodown... then it's going to be a sub set of art anyway and not a full big artbook.

I think if your expectations are in check and this is more of a sample art booklet and not a retail sized art book... it might be pretty cool.

Overall, I'm just glad there will be a standalone retail version of this game at regular stores. I don't need any of the fluff.
True. Once they announced and gave away the collection for free on the Epic store, my interest in this release already went way down. I actually really wanted a poster to go along with the 'Metal Slug' and 'King of Fighters' poster I already have from these releases, so that's another hit in my interest for it. Maybe I can talk myself into the Switch version since I can (obviously) play it on the go.

I've never purchased anything from them before. Do they ever do a second print run after a pre-order? I missed out on Brigandine.

Like how I wished that I could've gotten up to north Carolina during the awesome quick pop-up store they did in a mall there.

Anyone have experience with a lost package from Play Asia?
Well, I'm having an experience RIGHT NOW. Still waiting on my Odallus PS4 bundle to be delivered to Canada. It was shipped 2020-04-01, was "on transport to the country of destination" on 2020-04-14 and absolutely nothing since. I've contacted Play Asia CS about this, who told me to wait until June 1st. I suppose it's on me now to contact them again.

I've shopped at Play-Asia for years and this is the first time I have to wait so long for a package. If I don't get a replacement or a refund by the end of June, I will stop shopping there altogether. Besides vgp.ca is starting to stock most of the imports I really care about.

Well, I'm having an experience RIGHT NOW. Still waiting on my Odallus PS4 bundle to be delivered to Canada. It was shipped 2020-04-01, was "on transport to the country of destination" on 2020-04-14 and absolutely nothing since. I've contacted Play Asia CS about this, who told me to wait until June 1st. I suppose it's on me now to contact them again.

I've shopped at Play-Asia for years and this is the first time I have to wait so long for a package. If I don't get a replacement or a refund by the end of June, I will stop shopping there altogether. Besides vgp.ca is starting to stock most of the imports I really care about.
I ordered Atelier Dusk Trilogy from them on Amazon near the end of April. It finally arrived a week ago. Their estimated delivery was June 15. - July 15th, so it was expected.

I ordered a few titles on 4/18 that were finally delivered last week. If you use the Quantium Solutions tracking link on your order page check to see what the updates are. On 5/26 mine finally updated to "Shipment dispatched overseas" and on 6/9 "Shipment received at destination transit centre" . If you have updates just be patient. International shipping from Asia is really slow right now.

Play-Asia is incredibly slow on shipping even before the virus and it is slower after the virus. My last order took a month, but the one before that was close to 3 months. I got sent something from Korea mid May and still waiting. International shipping is just slow now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a long time since I've ordered from them, but I always received orders in the specified time frame without damage. It wouldn't surprise me if things are different now at least regarding shipping time.

Last edited:
More LRG shenanigans... they had the Metal Slug XX CE listed as $54.99 on their website, and in their email about the release... except now they jacked it up to $64.99, and are only telling people about it on their Twitter account like 15 minutes prior to it going live. They apologize for the "inconvenience", though!

More LRG shenanigans... they had the Metal Slug XX CE listed as $54.99 on their website, and in their email about the release... except now they jacked it up to $64.99, and are only telling people about it on their Twitter account like 15 minutes prior to it going live. They apologize for the "inconvenience", though!
and nothing in the CE is worth the extra $$.

Why does the PS4 standard edition of Metal Slug with a 3500 print run not have a purchase limit?  Seems like a big invitation to scalpers.  I was going to get it but forgot and it's already sold out.  I know there is a 2nd batch, but for a popular game with a low print run.. i dont know why there wasnt a purchase limit.

Why does the PS4 standard edition of Metal Slug with a 3500 print run not have a purchase limit? Seems like a big invitation to scalpers. I was going to get it but forgot and it's already sold out. I know there is a 2nd batch, but for a popular game with a low print run.. i dont know why there wasnt a purchase limit.
That's not a low print run for a limited PS4 game. I don't think any PS4 game with that high of a run has sold out in maybe a year or two.

I can't believe what that Jak IV case is selling for on Ebay...   While most are trying to get $120 for it, someone sold it for $177.50.  Wow.

I forgot too. Oh well, I'll try at 5. I think this happened with a few other titles in the past as well. Don't know why one game has a purchase limit and others do not.

Oddworld had a 3000 print run. 3500 is still pretty limited when you consider most games are printed in the hundreds of thousands to millions. Hell, LE consoles are produced up to 50,000 and they are considered a limited item, which in the grand scheme of things, they are.

Would have ordered the Metal Slug XX collectors if it came in the Neogeo cartridge case like the others. Not interested in keychains or folded up posters. I ordered the regular PS4 just to sit on the shelf and be forgotten about.

What a nice surprise. Went in to buy Blast Master Zero and see BB will be carrying it. Shipping money saved. (Plus I'll probably get it sooner.)

What a nice surprise. Went in to buy Blast Master Zero and see BB will be carrying it. Shipping money saved. (Plus I'll probably get it sooner.)
When the fuck did they say this? I just bought it this morning and I have GCU.

Edit: I see they updated the page. I guess I was just too focused on getting Metal Slug XX to notice.

Thanks for the info. I was about to pull the trigger at the last second. Glad I checked the forum first otherwise I may not have caught that.

So, I forgot to buy Blast Master Zero 1 & 2 Collector's Edition last night and it's in my cart as "Back Ordered".  Anyone have any experiences with LRG on this issue?

It's gonna be damn near $150 after taxes and shipping but that LE is pretty cool to risk it.

So, I forgot to buy Blast Master Zero 1 & 2 Collector's Edition last night and it's in my cart as "Back Ordered". Anyone have any experiences with LRG on this issue?

It's gonna be damn near $150 after taxes and shipping but that LE is pretty cool to risk it.
If you actually try to check out, it will update to out of stock. Makes your decision easier at least.

I waited till last minute yesterday
to order up blaster master zero 1 & 2..
Also placed Jay & Silent Bob Mall Brawl
and Wizard of Legend in the same box as well. Might as well save on shipping where I can lol

And I'll have to grab the recently announced Star Wars Episode 1 Racer standard to go with the others I pre-ordered from them.
.. Now Where's Rogue Squadron.. .

When the fuck did they say this? I just bought it this morning and I have GCU.

Edit: I see they updated the page. I guess I was just too focused on getting Metal Slug XX to notice.
Thank god I didn't buy it
Best buy here we go and it will probably get discounted as well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One copy of Streets of Rage 4 Classic for PS4 popped up and snagged it. Thought it was a glitch at first. This is my first time dealing with them, are the games usually packed well when they do ship?

One copy of Streets of Rage 4 Classic for PS4 popped up and snagged it. Thought it was a glitch at first. This is my first time dealing with them, are the games usually packed well when they do ship?
They haven't even started shipping,
You'll get it eventually no joke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back