Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Repro cart make more sense than buying a Shantae box for 40
I would rather go with a plastic repro case for $5 of an old GBC, N64, etc. game than pay that much for a flimsy box or worse yet, more for an actual original box. I've always hated cardboard boxes because let's face it, you basically have to never touch them for them not to get beat up. So I actually have no problem with plastic boxes for those consoles that original came only with paper boxes because those sucked.

I would rather go with a plastic repro case for $5 of an old GBC, N64, etc. game than pay that much for a flimsy box or worse yet, more for an actual original box.
Yeah, no real argument here. Paper boxes have never lasted well. Original NES and SNES games are very difficult to keep in good condition, thanks to their flimsy cardboard boxes. Old Master System and Genesis games are very easy to maintain, and their plastic cases usually do a much better job of keeping their paper elements in good condition.

As to the cartridge issues you brought up, it's worth noting that companies like LRG frequently go to extra trouble to insure that their repro carts are higher quality than the cheaper, unlicensed Chinese knock-offs. Those knock-offs normally use the cheapest plastics and labels possible, making for repros that look and feel cheap and flimsy. The LRG repros are held to a higher standard, and the quality of production reflects this. They also have their own LRG-specific branding on them, so they aren't directly attempting to ape the originals or pass themselves off as reprints. The point isn't to pass off a pale imitation, but to create a new, LRG-specific print run.

But... $80 plus shipping for empty cases. Wow.
Has anyone (YouTubers or website) reviewed these new cases by chance?

I got one of their Saturn cases as a solution for my damaged Snatcher cassette thingy from back whenever and if that case is the same as the ones they're selling here, then I'd pass on this. I have 20+ something Saturn games with good cases (no cracks but have other wear/scratches/scuffing) and the case I received felt notably cheaper than the legit cases. It did have the same design though, which is nice, but def did not fee. I'm wonder if it's been improved since then but... not worth risking for $80. Wish I could just buy 1 to test.

I went to buy one batch of the cases. They are charging $24 to ship them. That's outrageous. So I figured that if they were going to charge that much at least I could throw a game in to make it worth the trouble. Adding 1 standard edition switch game increases the shipping to $33. I don't need a couple of plastic cases that badly. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Even if that's true, adding a single SE switch game should not increase the price by $9. Shipping has gone up a lot in recent years but adding a few OZ to any package is not going to add $9.
Based on the remarks, it looks like adding the additional couple of ounces pushed it into the next threshold.

Admittedly, I'm considering seeing if the shipping were to be unchanged by adding another set. Maybe then i can stomach it a bit, what with me being a fool and all.

Based on the remarks, it looks like adding the additional couple of ounces pushed it into the next threshold.

Admittedly, I'm considering seeing if the shipping were to be unchanged by adding another set. Maybe then i can stomach it a bit, what with me being a fool and all.
Anything is possible but usually postage rates don't jump that much over a few OZ. 6 pounds is definitely heavy for a package though so I'm not too surprised with the $24 postage for just the cases. It is just surprising to see adding another game would bump it up another $9 though.

I added another set of replacement cases and the shipping didn't increase at all, so that must be the max. Over 20 cases, that adds an additional $1.65 to the cost and makes it a bit easier to pull the trigger. Still quite the sticker shock, that's for sure

Anything is possible but usually postage rates don't jump that much over a few OZ. 6 pounds is definitely heavy for a package though so I'm not too surprised with the $24 postage for just the cases. It is just surprising to see adding another game would bump it up another $9 though.
They do now. USPS saw a pretty significant jump in recent years. They moved first class to a tier system (in increments of 4) and by region, but they at least increased the limit from 13 oz to 1 lb. And for Priority, it's by lbs. So something that weighs 1 lb and 1 oz costs the same as 2 lb. And if you add something, it might not just the weight of the items but the need for a bigger box which adds to the weight. I used to offer free shipping and saw most people offer free shipping but now almost everyone charges shipping costs due to how much more expensive the USPS is. A lot of people circumvent this by using media mail, which is just shady IMO, not to mention against their rules.

I'll knock LRG for a lot of things but one area where they've gotten better at is shipping and while their rates are high, they're not unreasonable. They pack their items well and use good quality boxes/packing material.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the cases are boxed makes me think you would get two separate shipments and that is why the full amount is being charged for an extra game (although under that theory it would be an extra $5.59). One shipment with the cases and one with the game. I would buy 10 replacement cases for 60-70 shipped, but it is $113 for me. I will keep buying cheap sports games for the cases I guess. Interestingly the other repro cases that were on the market seem to have disappeared.

I threw in one of the SRG games and a couple of cards binders that i can use, and pulled the trigger. Shipping still didn't go above $33 at least.

You can always wait and see. Knowing Youtube, it's only a matter of time before someone else orders those cases, and then puts up a detailed video review. Unboxings and product analysis is a popular approach for generating content. SOMEONE will do it.

The cost for 6 pounds and 7 pounds is the same with USPS (for priority mail 14x14x14). Even if it is more due to dimensions $9 seems high.

For the collector's edition, the Dreamcast fanatic in me really wants that Dreamcast case (it'll match my 'Shenmue III' case, and I'm sensing a new trend here), and that poster is actually really cool, but the other do-dads...ick. Ok, the ring for the Move controller is neat. It's useless, but neat. But a fidget spinner? fuck why?!
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1288499854558351360?s=20

Has anyone (YouTubers or website) reviewed these new cases by chance?

I got one of their Saturn cases as a solution for my damaged Snatcher cassette thingy from back whenever and if that case is the same as the ones they're selling here, then I'd pass on this. I have 20+ something Saturn games with good cases (no cracks but have other wear/scratches/scuffing) and the case I received felt notably cheaper than the legit cases. It did have the same design though, which is nice, but def did not fee. I'm wonder if it's been improved since then but... not worth risking for $80. Wish I could just buy 1 to test.
I imagine they are the same cases they've been using in some of the CE's, I noticed the person that had been selling cases on Amazon that competed with LRG's ran out, so I wouldn't be surprised if LRG had just been waiting for them to run out of stock to bring theirs to market at a higher price. The Amazon person says they are gonna have more in September (https://us.amazon.com/Sega-Saturn-replacement-game-cases-SECOND/dp/B07GBMRQJW/)

I imagine they are the same cases they've been using in some of the CE's, I noticed the person that had been selling cases on Amazon that competed with LRG's ran out, so I wouldn't be surprised if LRG had just been waiting for them to run out of stock to bring theirs to market at a higher price. The Amazon person says they are gonna have more in September (https://us.amazon.com/Sega-Saturn-replacement-game-cases-SECOND/dp/B07GBMRQJW/)
I actually had one of his cases too. His case was much closer in terms of quality- plastic density/thickness felt very close to originals and they actually looked newer (LRG case had a ton of scuffing for what they said was new, so maybe I got a spare defect copy that had). But the disc trays in the Amazon link did not have the little stub lock or whatever that would lock it into the back part of the case so it would just fall out.

There was a story about this, how there are two people working on replacement longbox jewel cases, can't remember where. This guy had no idea LRG was going to release reproduction cases as well. He said he had them made without the stub locks because it was cheaper but that since LRG's had them, his second run would have the locks as well.

EDIT* Here it is: https://kotaku.com/two-guys-making-new-sega-cd-jewel-cases-are-in-an-accid-1825364528

I actually had one of his cases too. His case was much closer in terms of quality- plastic density/thickness felt very close to originals and they actually looked newer (LRG case had a ton of scuffing for what they said was new, so maybe I got a spare defect copy that had). But the disc trays in the Amazon link did not have the little stub lock or whatever that would lock it into the back part of the case so it would just fall out.

There was a story about this, how there are two people working on replacement longbox jewel cases, can't remember where. This guy had no idea LRG was going to release reproduction cases as well. He said he had them made without the stub locks because it was cheaper but that since LRG's had them, his second run would have the locks as well.
EDIT* Here it is: https://kotaku.com/two-guys-making-new-sega-cd-jewel-cases-are-in-an-accid-1825364528
I think the Amazon guy revised his design at one point but I never bought

As for LRG, I can't stand the wait times for getting the games (but its a known fact of ordering from them), but I just got my Jak Racing and Blasphemous CEs and they were pack REALLY well. Items always arrive mint, I will give LRG credit where its due. The shipping is high, but you get your money's worth, IMO.

As for LRG, I can't stand the wait times for getting the games (but its a known fact of ordering from them), but I just got my Jak Racing and Blasphemous CEs and they were pack REALLY well. Items always arrive mint, I will give LRG credit where its due. The shipping is high, but you get your money's worth, IMO.
That's the thing. People complain about LRG but that's just what we have to deal with in order to get these physical items which otherwise would not exist. If there was competition for this stuff and you can buy it elsewhere then of course it would suck. But you have to give them some leeway because of the way their business model works.

I really hope the bots and hoarders don't ruin Grandia for everyone by buying up all of the copies in 20 seconds so they can sell it on eBay for $60 and making a whopping $5 per copy after fees and force everyone who just wants one for their collection to pay more. But then again, LRG should have a system in place to prevent this crap.

Another LRG noob question so feel free to haze me. Are the pre-orders all that's produced or is there a second wave of orders on release day? I'm bummed to see I missed the Master Blaster Zero games by a couple months :(

Another LRG noob question so feel free to haze me. Are the pre-orders all that's produced or is there a second wave of orders on release day? I'm bummed to see I missed the Master Blaster Zero games by a couple months :(
basically the pre orders are all they produce. One wave. but nintendo has thresholds for how many a publisher has to make. (hypothetically) So lets say there are 1422 pre-orders, well nintendo would force LRG to make a 1500 copies batch & not exactly 1422. So extras MIGHT be made but lrg usually puts those extras in blind boxes or for sale at conventions.

Best Buy is supposed to get some of at least the Switch version.

I really hope the bots and hoarders don't ruin Grandia for everyone by buying up all of the copies in 20 seconds so they can sell it on eBay for $60 and making a whopping $5 per copy after fees and force everyone who just wants one for their collection to pay more. But then again, LRG should have a system in place to prevent this crap.
it looks like the grandia HD is going to be a month long pre-order

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=limitedrungames.com_eu1vj3l8os8v78579kernp6c8g@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York&pli=1

So, Grandia this upcoming Friday, right? I am dying for a killer CE with the soundtrack. Can't wait for some confirmation.
I didn't realize they're doing Grandia- when did they reveal that? Also, will it be the patched version? Not sure the patch does anything but better to have a fully updated copy.

Doesn't the grandia hd version have a vasoline filter all over the place
Yeah, it's pretty ugly looking but they said they were going to patch the graphics due feedback, but I'm not sure the patch did anything. I only saw the game pre-patch.

I know Grandia had good reviews back in the day, but I always felt it was pretty generic compared to other PS1 RPGs.  Hilarious voice acting though. Mostly from Mullen.

It looks like this game had its digital price reduced from its $39.99 launch price to $24.99. Hopefully the physical release is reflected of the lower price. That said, I know the game is short on content and won't have the DLC on disc.

For the collector's edition, the Dreamcast fanatic in me really wants that Dreamcast case (it'll match my 'Shenmue III' case, and I'm sensing a new trend here), and that poster is actually really cool, but the other do-dads...ick. Ok, the ring for the Move controller is neat. It's useless, but neat. But a fidget spinner? fuck why?!
I personally think a lot of the content LRG includes in their collectors edition is just ho-hum, and SC5 is a perfect example of that. The included items are just bad.

bread's done
Back