Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Ok, haven't really followed the LRG stuff until I realized I missed out on some Star Wars games I would have liked to have gotten.  Still learning about how they do things so some of this may be standard knowledge for some of you.

I ran into a copy of Stranger Things 3 at Best Buy the other day and noticed it said Limited Run on the cover.  Sure enough I check the website and it says they may get a small run of the game.  I also noticed that they didn't post a production run for that game.  Is that because it was also sold at Best Buy?  Will it ever be posted and if so will that include the run that was sold at Best Buy?

At first they would post only so many copies would be available and would go on sale at X time.  I would always be at work and it seemed like a huge hassle to try to beat out the resellers.  Looks like now they just set up a preorder window and see how many are ordered from there?  Wouldn't be surprised this is the better way to go considering the abundance of "limited" games available.

It’s all case by case for each release now. Some are limited prints that go up in 2 batches. Some are open preorders for roughly 1 month. Some are also carried by Best Buy (typically just Switch open preorder releases)

You have to check the page for each release to see what their plans are for each title

Wonder why they are taking so long to tweet about Grandia HD Collection this Friday?  Unless its been delayed or something.

Heads up. If you want the Ys CE on Switch I would recommend ordering very soon. LRG originally had the Pre order date go out another month, but changed that via a Tweet. As of a couple hours ago they changed it to limited quantity with 600 copies left, and a decent dent has already been put into that quantity.

Heads up. If you want the Ys CE on Switch I would recommend ordering very soon. LRG originally had the Pre order date go out another month, but changed that via a Tweet. As of a couple hours ago they changed it to limited quantity with 600 copies left, and a decent dent has already been put into that quantity.
Saw this earlier and just put an order in. The count is down to ~400.

Deliver Us the Moon looks pretty cool and has good reviews.  The old me would have been all over it.  Unfortunately it has just gotten too expensive keeping up so I will pass, I have enough of a backlog to stay busy for the next 20 years LOL.

Deliver Us the Moon looks pretty cool and has good reviews. The old me would have been all over it. Unfortunately it has just gotten too expensive keeping up so I will pass, I have enough of a backlog to stay busy for the next 20 years LOL.
The good news is that the standard edition should be available at many retailers including Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop, so there is a good chance the price will go down in the future. I can see this being one of those Gamestop DOTD games for $15 or less.

Best Buy is desperate to get rid of their Limited Run Power Rangers stock with the price now down to $40.

He said that because there's an updated version coming on all platforms for $10 cheaper. Not to be blunt, but they're hoping extremely ignorant people buy up the leftover true barebone stock.
While it's cheaper, it's not really updated in any meaningful way. My understanding is that the only difference is that it comes with one DLC character skin and a Season 3 character on a slip of paper/code.

Best Buy is desperate to get rid of their Limited Run Power Rangers stock with the price now down to $40.
I have to wonder if Best Buy is even going to carry the new retail release. If they do they will likely have to sell the LRG version at the same price ($29.99) or less.

$55... which will be over $60 with shipping... I think I'm going to resist the Grandia Collection for now. If BB get's it too and it's confirmed it has all the patches to fix the issues this version has... then I might consider it sometime in the future.

$55... which will be over $60 with shipping... I think I'm going to resist the Grandia Collection for now. If BB get's it too and it's confirmed it has all the patches to fix the issues this version has... then I might consider it sometime in the future.
What are the issues? I haven't paid too much attention to Grandia

I'm ok with them charging $55 for a JRPG. BUT!!, They're making you buy gamble on what cover you will get, which is fucking stupid. 

I'm ok with them charging $55 for a JRPG. BUT!!, They're making you buy gamble on what cover you will get, which is fucking stupid.
It says it’s a reversible cover, or am I missing something? Too pricey for a bad looking port for me. I’ve actually never bought a limited run games item before. Was interested in this one until I saw screenshots, the original looks better even with worse resolution. Sure the producer will blame low interest in the item rather than the poor port if it gets low sales though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It says it’s a reversible cover, or am I missing something? Too pricey for a bad looking port for me. I’ve actually never bought a limited run games item before. Was interested in this one until I saw screenshots, the original looks better even with worse resolution. Sure the producer will blame low interest in the item rather than the poor port if it gets low sales though.
"t includes a reversible cover and booklet. Which cover has been sealed outwards has been randomized by the factory. Orders of two copies or more will be guaranteed to get one of each sealed variant."

Ah, ok, if your keeping it sealed as an investment I guess that would make a difference, otherwise it shouldn’t.  Yeah, weird that it’s random, I’ve never heard of that, it should just default to Grandia 1 being the default.  I guess another stupid decision by the rights holder.

I wonder how quick the Atooi Collection will sell out tomorrow.  It has a decent print run of 4000 but it is the first LRG 3DS release and there is no purchase limit.  I don't think the games on it are top notch but given it is one of the last 3DS releases, I think I will try to pick one up.  I am kind of hoping LRG makes some other 3DS games as well but I haven't heard anything else on that topic.

They aren't that desperate at $40. They're gonna need to get more desperate than that if they want to get rid of them.
Well they are probably losing money on every copy they sell at that price. Luckily my store already moved through the Switch stock on this one.

Ah, ok, if your keeping it sealed as an investment I guess that would make a difference, otherwise it shouldn’t. Yeah, weird that it’s random, I’ve never heard of that, it should just default to Grandia 1 being the default. I guess another stupid decision by the rights holder.
A lot of LRGs earlier releases had randomized outer covers

Well they are probably losing money on every copy they sell at that price. Luckily my store already moved through the Switch stock on this one.
If Best Buy's deal with LRG is non-returnable and their profit margin on MSRP is less than 100%, that is one crazy deal that makes even less sense to me than it did before. I've always assumed that LRG wasn't going to allow returns since they sold this Best Buy deal as BB ordering units just like the customer, except with a price break on qty. But, if the retailer's cost is that high, I have no idea why this would be worth the risk.

It must work since they keep doing it. But, my local stores must really not be representative of how well these games move elsewhere.

A lot of LRGs earlier releases had randomized outer covers
Never heard of it outside of limited run games then, which for the sake of my wallet I’ve historically just ignored. They do have stuff I would like, but nothing that made me start down the rabbit hole yet. Grandia could have been it, if it had a neat CE, but no CE, and reading more about the port itself, I’ll pass.

I wonder how quick the Atooi Collection will sell out tomorrow. It has a decent print run of 4000 but it is the first LRG 3DS release and there is no purchase limit. I don't think the games on it are top notch but given it is one of the last 3DS releases, I think I will try to pick one up. I am kind of hoping LRG makes some other 3DS games as well but I haven't heard anything else on that topic.
I think it will sell pretty fast. Maybe not as fast as Papers Please, but will probably sell out within 5 to 10 minutes after each batch starts.

Also, don't sleep on the Kemco RPG releasing Friday too, if you are into that sort of thing. Their last few Kemco RPGs, despite being way overpriced, have sold out very fast.

bread's done
Back