Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
As I mentioned above you and bitched about several times in this thread (sorry to beat a dead horse but someone new asked) my wizard of legend is stuck in the same manner as your item as of the 6th. Lrg told me 30 days same as you.

Since then, I received the games in the above video...exactly on time. Those were in a box rather than a regular mailer tho.

But yeah the last several pages have been complaining of the same by many of us. Frustrating shit because it's absolutely avoidable. They just need to use non garbage shipping service.
These nerd fights give me a raging hard-on

but then after that date slips, you're generally given little or no indication of how far along your games are in the process of being shipped.
It's nothing I haven't said before, but I'm baffled that you're more likely to find updates about what's shipping and when in replies from the founders' personal Twitter accounts than you are from any official social media accounts, email updates, order status pages, yadda yadda yadda.

They obviously know when things will be in hand, they're willing to provide updates, but they're hellbent on making it some sort of treasure hunt. And they sent out a survey months ago that effectively acknowledged that they know they're terrible about providing updates, so...why not do something about it? Literally anything!

I mean, this requires close to zero additional effort. They can send email updates but choose not to. It's hard to imagine that updating the estimated shipping dates on limitedrungames.com would be any more time-consuming than replying to a bunch of people on Twitter. They have the tools in-place and easily accessible to do this but just...won't. I truly, sincerely cannot wrap my ahead around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got pretty excited today when I went to the mailbox and there was a CD sized cardboard mailer from LRG. I though that after nearly 2 years, they finally sent a correct disc of Cruisinmix that included all of the promised content that they said they would eventually send out. Not to be. Only a trading card that they didn't send with some game. Ridiculous that it has taken them this long to sort out their crap with Cruisinmix and back up their promise to send out new discs with the correct content. Starting to wonder if they are just going to tell customers tough luck on this one and never fix the error they made.

Funny enough, when I saw that same cardboard sleeve in my mailbox I thought maybe Josh had followed through of sending an item to people who have bought from them since day 1

LRG recently hired Alena, a former Xseed employee, to work in marketing. Maybe the communication will improve in 2021.
I'm sure we'll receive even more emails and tweets about stuff we can pre-order and continue to receive the same (or less) amount of communication as to what shipments or production is being delayed because reasons.

Got pretty excited today when I went to the mailbox and there was a CD sized cardboard mailer from LRG. I though that after nearly 2 years, they finally sent a correct disc of Cruisinmix that included all of the promised content that they said they would eventually send out. Not to be. Only a trading card that they didn't send with some game. Ridiculous that it has taken them this long to sort out their crap with Cruisinmix and back up their promise to send out new discs with the correct content. Starting to wonder if they are just going to tell customers tough luck on this one and never fix the error they made.
I still bug them on Discord about this occasionally. No real responses, but we're coming up on two years since it was sold. Feel like it's more of a joke than something that will actually happen at this point.

I still bug them on Discord about this occasionally. No real responses, but we're coming up on two years since it was sold. Feel like it's more of a joke than something that will actually happen at this point.
Glad to hear someone is bugging them. I posted a couple times about it back when they had a forum, but that place no longer exists. Never got a response there either. You are probably right about it being a joke to them at this point. Scummy move to mess up and not include everything promised in a game, say that the error will be corrected and new discs will be sent, then ignore the issue with no communication and no resolution to the problem in the form of a complete game or at least a partial refund.

One thing that has always bothered me is their collectors editions having no size consistency. They say preserve the collection and have it sit on your shelf..... well look how nice SLG and Play Asia look compared to LRG. All the SLG and Play Asia have a standard size and look good lined up. I don’t think I’ve gotten two collectors editions from LRG that are the same size.[attachment=35137:D0164E88-EAC5-4C32-99C3-2907AE5169E2.png][attachment=35138:7BFA7471-5B32-49C9-8CF5-DA5D025A4543.png][attachment=35139:0657CA78-B0E4-4A36-B3B4-999D15C23CA9.png][attachment=35140:664ECFAD-9C1A-443D-ADAE-0619FF02DF78.png][attachment=35141:90CEE645-C98B-4A7F-B815-0883BAFE1F2D.png][attachment=35142:9FE3E5DC-E29C-4850-B24A-11D2C54C33A3.png]

One thing that has always bothered me is their collectors editions having no size consistency. They say preserve the collection and have it sit on your shelf..... well look how nice SLG and Play Asia look compared to LRG. All the SLG and Play Asia have a standard size and look good lined up. I don’t think I’ve gotten two collectors editions from LRG that are the same size.
attachicon.gif
I agree. And you'd think the cost would be lower if they're always using the same size box for each (purchasing in larger volumes instead of different sizes, not to mention the interior trays), so it makes even less sense. But, you know, logic...

I agree. And you'd think the cost would be lower if they're always using the same size box for each (purchasing in larger volumes instead of different sizes, not to mention the interior trays), so it makes even less sense. But, you know, logic...
I personally hate the idea of a bunch of identical collector's boxes like Play Asia does. It's boring and limits creativity and frankly, it's not something that bigger publishers do, so why should LRG do it?

I personally hate the idea of a bunch of identical collector's boxes like Play Asia does. It's boring and limits creativity and frankly, it's not something that bigger publishers do, so why should LRG do it?
Then we have different definitions of "creativity," because they're all still rectangular in form and are, frankly, all the same besides their sizes.

Unless the box is shaped for something like a statue, but most aren't, and the big publishers also adhere to similar sized boxes unless there's something inside that requires a differently shaped outer box.

Then we have different definitions of "creativity," because they're all still rectangular in form and are, frankly, all the same besides their sizes.

Unless the box is shaped for something like a statue, but most aren't, and the big publishers also adhere to similar sized boxes unless there's something inside that requires a differently shaped outer box.
LRG has done lots of uniquely shaped boxes and lots with special finishes and contents of all different sizes. Frankly, I think Play Asia CEs are junk that are filled with the same crap that nobody ever uses. I mean, it's always a useless soundtrack CD and some paper products. At least LRG and other companies try to switch it up and try new things. Also, I'd like to know what big publishers you believe consistently publish using the same sized boxes. It sure isn't Square or Ubisoft or Activision or Namco or Nintendo.

I don't buy or display the CEs or larger outer boxes. But it's a very common business model for the limited print publishers to push the idea of having a full set of their releases. Companies like EAS and SLG release them in similar form factors to fit in with that. It's not something that affects me, but I get why people would want them to match, especially from a limited print publisher.

So glad I read this thread. Have been debating monkey island but $175 is steep and the value doesn't seem to be there. And with all the complaints that settles it...

If you are itching for monkey island games... the first four are on sale in a bundle on steam for $8.90.  $3.74 will get you Tales of Monkey Island complete.   That seems the wiser way to go.  If you must have something physical, then gog.com has them all for sale and I think they are all DRM free so you can download all the content and put it on a jump drive or burn them to disc.

LRG put up a bunch of blind boxes, wonder if the Jan1 blowout is just gonna be a blind box crap shoot
It will be interesting to see if they dangle any more Meatboy or Breach and Clear (Vita) to get people to buy them. To date they STILL have not released Meatboy even though it was in blind boxes last year. Now that is crazy.

It will be interesting to see if they dangle any more Meatboy or Breach and Clear (Vita) to get people to buy them. To date they STILL have not released Meatboy even though it was in blind boxes last year. Now that is crazy.
Not that crazy. They have been clear they were waiting to do the release once Super Meat Boy Forever was put up on the same day. Since that game just came out, I suspect the release date will probably be in the next few months.

A lot of tempting ones, but no must-haves for me.  Interested in Oxenfree and Oceanhorn for PS4.  Maybe Bloodstained for Switch.  I dunno.  

Not that crazy. They have been clear they were waiting to do the release once Super Meat Boy Forever was put up on the same day. Since that game just came out, I suspect the release date will probably be in the next few months.
Nintendo has timed console exclusivity on Meat Boy Forever and LRG is also planning to do a PS4 version of it. We'll be waiting at least six months (depending on what the patch/DLC situation looks like) if the Nintendo exclusivity pattern holds. And that's just until it's sold - God knows when it'll actually ship.

Plus they only do blowouts once all orders of the game have shipped. With some Vita copies being tied up in that the final Vita blowout sale they mentioned may legitimately be 2022.

Nintendo has timed console exclusivity on Meat Boy Forever and LRG is also planning to do a PS4 version of it. We'll be waiting at least six months (depending on what the patch/DLC situation looks like) if the Nintendo exclusivity pattern holds. And that's just until it's sold - God knows when it'll actually ship.

Plus they only do blowouts once all orders of the game have shipped. With some Vita copies being tied up in that the final Vita blowout sale they mentioned may legitimately be 2022.
Josh said 2021 and indicated it would only be a few months until the preorders. I believe they are only planning on doing the Switch version along with the Vita and the PS4 will come later. The Vita blowout is planned to be the same day as Super Meat Boy. Sure, shipping could be much later, but I believe they have been ordering parts for the CE for literally over a year, so I doubt the Vita version will take more than a few months to ship out.

Josh said 2021 and indicated it would only be a few months until the preorders. I believe they are only planning on doing the Switch version along with the Vita and the PS4 will come later. The Vita blowout is planned to be the same day as Super Meat Boy. Sure, shipping could be much later, but I believe they have been ordering parts for the CE for literally over a year, so I doubt the Vita version will take more than a few months to ship out.
Josh also said we'd get Game Tengoku replacement discs and a Vita full set game that they now refuse to talk about, so forgive me if I'm not taking his word as gospel on this.

Doing Switch alongside Vita and PS4 later doesn't really make sense. They hold the Vita version back for over a year and then decide not to wait for the PS4 version to shove it out the door? Can't imagine them being so flippant with it, especially after the PS4 Panzer Dragoon blowback.

Also, they literally said the Vita sale would be "after we have sold Super Meat Boy", not "when we sell Super Meat Boy". I assume so they can include any unneeded replacement copies of Meat Boy in their blowout like they do with other titles before putting them in the corresponding blowout sale.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1344017211053240321

Couple that with the Vita copies being tied up in combo orders that will take 6+ months to ship and I feel pretty confident we're looking at Q4 2021 or more likely 2022.

Has there been any word on the Nicalis vita releases? I'm assuming the delay is due to them wanting to be the last vita release, missing the vita production window, or some other legal issues holding them up... I'm curious if anyone has heard anything from Nicalis directly after their initial tweets?

Josh also said we'd get Game Tengoku replacement discs and a Vita full set game that they now refuse to talk about, so forgive me if I'm not taking his word as gospel on this.

Doing Switch alongside Vita and PS4 later doesn't really make sense. They hold the Vita version back for over a year and then decide not to wait for the PS4 version to shove it out the door? Can't imagine them being so flippant with it, especially after the PS4 Panzer Dragoon blowback.

Also, they literally said the Vita sale would be "after we have sold Super Meat Boy", not "when we sell Super Meat Boy". I assume so they can include any unneeded replacement copies of Meat Boy in their blowout like they do with other titles before putting them in the corresponding blowout sale.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1344017211053240321

Couple that with the Vita copies being tied up in combo orders that will take 6+ months to ship and I feel pretty confident we're looking at Q4 2021 or more likely 2022.
I'm going by what Josh said in Discord the other day which was that the blowout sale for Vita would be same day at Super Meat Boy and that the preorders would likely be in a few months. They have done split platform sales on numerous occasions and it will be very easy for them to just say "A PS4 version may be forthcoming, so please buy accordingly".

Has there been any word on the Nicalis vita releases? I'm assuming the delay is due to them wanting to be the last vita release, missing the vita production window, or some other legal issues holding them up... I'm curious if anyone has heard anything from Nicalis directly after their initial tweets?
A couple people exchanged e-mails with the guy that runs their store and were told that the Vita releases are still coming, but that they would be in deluxe packages which were delaying things.

A couple people exchanged e-mails with the guy that runs their store and were told that the Vita releases are still coming, but that they would be in deluxe packages which were delaying things.
There was some speculation that LRG was holding back so they could release after Nicalis and take the "we released the final vita esrb game" title, but who knows

My Outer Wilds soundtrack bundle came in today with only the vinyl soundtrack and not the game. Opened a support ticket so I hope I can get the game I ordered. Ordered it back on June 19th.

How long is support time? They told me 30 days and that'll be the 6th. I don't see it coming before then, it's Def lost. I'd like to get it asap. Is support still like a week or more? I'll put it in now.

A big hearty happy new year to all of the LRG games that are Q4 2020 that aren't shipping yet and have no updates.

Including pouring one out for my Streets of Rage 4 CE that got a shipping notification on Monday but the tracking on my order still says UPS is awaiting the item.

A big hearty happy new year to all of the LRG games that are Q4 2020 that aren't shipping yet and have no updates.

Including pouring one out for my Streets of Rage 4 CE that got a shipping notification on Monday but the tracking on my order still says UPS is awaiting the item.
I do not understand UPS Mail Innovations. Mine was supposed to be delivered this past Tuesday. It went from North Carolina (obviously where LRG is) to Chicago, to my hometown (in Michigan), then out to Pittsburgh. Unless it was never actually in town here? I don't know. This service sucks.

I got my "signed" Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack today. Only to find out that the signed part was delay and that they gave me the regular black vinyl  not the limited color variants. This also happened to my "signed" Fatal Fury vinyl.  Also while researching that I found out  on Reddit they didn't ship the manuals with the Panzer Dragoon  Switch games so the only way to get that is to contact customer support. Never got a update or email about that. How is this company functioning? They are in a limited edition collector's market and can't keep their shit together.

I recently got a bunch of cards that are gold, not sure if I want them...but do these have any trade value if I decided to trade or should I just do something else with it?  Don't even know how their series / set work or what season I have...just can say it's #1 to 104ish  and all gold

bread's done
Back