Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'll just wait for bestbuy to buy Scott Pilgrim.  I don't care about overpriced special bundled crap.  Not that I don't trust LRG to fulfill the order, but more I'd rather just hold my money for now and then buy it closer to or at release from BB so I won't have an order floating out there in limbo so long that I either forget, am haunted by it over the year, or/and for some reason I just lose interest in it.   I have the ps3 version digital so I can already play it anyway... though I'd be more likely to play it on the switch.

For what its worth Josh mentioned in a Twitter response to someone that Shiren may be carried at Best Buy or Amazon (though nothing is set in stone)  so I'm going to wait until the last possible day to preorder it from them, to see if it shows up anywhere else.

I'll just wait for bestbuy to buy Scott Pilgrim. I don't care about overpriced special bundled crap. Not that I don't trust LRG to fulfill the order, but more I'd rather just hold my money for now and then buy it closer to or at release from BB so I won't have an order floating out there in limbo so long that I either forget, am haunted by it over the year, or/and for some reason I just lose interest in it. I have the ps3 version digital so I can already play it anyway... though I'd be more likely to play it on the switch.
Yeah, I'm of the same feeling on this. However, my only aversion is that may be BBY decides there is little point in continuing to carry PS4 games by the time this one ships, so it decides to opt out of placing an order. That would suck, but I can see that happening. Then again, BBY could easily just carry the title online, so perhaps it does place an order. Ugh. Well, I'll wait until nearer to the end of the pre-order period to make up my mind.

On a related note, does anyone have any thoughts on Ground Zero: Texas? It looks mildly interesting, but from what I can tell, FMV games from that era are generally awful (yeah, yeah, nostalgia). I do like rail shooters and this one looks like it's in that genre. Any opinions on it?

I saw someone else mention a game called Time Gal -- that one looks pretty cool. Hey LRG, if you're thinking about what other games to seek out for gamers, please consider securing the rights and publishing this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm of the same feeling on this.

I saw someone else mention a game called Time Gal -- that one looks pretty cool. Hey LRG, if you're thinking about what other games to seek out for gamers, please consider securing the rights and publishing this one!
Same here, as I would rather wait on BB, than have LRG holding my funds for who knows how long, and I just no longer want to deal with them directly. Ebay, BB, Amazon are all fine with me, so if those places continue to carry LRG products, I may buy an offering from time to time. Jr wants this, so when I order his copy, I may grab one as well, still undecided?

If you wait a minute on the PS4 version, you may get it for less down the road on the secondary market, as most PS4 LRG go for peanuts, and SP is going to sell HUGE qty's(so even more of a chance for cheap offerings down the road).

I'm a HUGE FMV fan, but I haven't played Ground Zero, or many of those Sega CD shooter offerings, not because I thought the game would suck, but due to those poor ass graphics. The level of graininess was just to much for me to bare. LOL I can vouch for Time Gal though, as it was a Japanese Dragons Lair clone, with original anime art and everything, I currently have it on my PS1. I used to own the Sega CD version, but sold it after getting the superior PS1 version. Great game so long as you like Dragons Lair, as it's just a game of memorizing the stages, and imputing the correct move at the right time.

Yeah, I'm of the same feeling on this. However, my only aversion is that may be BBY decides there is little point in continuing to carry PS4 games by the time this one ships, so it decides to opt out of placing an order.
I primarily buy for Switch first and leave PS4 for games not on switch. Especially a game like this that kind of calls for couch co-op which for me is more likely to happen on switch. PS4 being your preferred platform throws a monkey wrench in the decision.

To be completely fair, I'm probably not as hyped for Scott Pilgrim as others. I own it digital already, but also I'm not as big into beat-em-ups as when I was younger. So this is more of a convenience purchase to not have to hook up the PS3. Where as Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition was also a convenience purchase (so I wouldn't need to play the New 3DS version, which I bought after playing XC2)... but it's become one of my favorite series and is the kind of game that I tend to love more these days. So it was bought at launch as no way I wanted to even take a chance at missing it (despite higher production numbers and full wide retail release).

So my hype might not be as high as others here. IF I fail to get it at BB I'm very likely going to shrug and just accept it didn't happen. I mainly want to buy this because my youngest son is a massive fan of the movie... and seems like this might be a game I could get the whole family engaged in playing together (which is a rare thing these days despite having a house full of gamers).

The dates in the system and dates on the website aren't always one and the same. That's why sometimes a game will get delayed with the date updated on the site but then the original day comes and everyone gets a bunch of cancellation notices until they fix it in the system. The site should be updated before next week (maybe it's LRGs call?) but stores will have stock if you can't wait.

Just curious as someone who hasn't purchased anything from LRG in ages, how quickly do popular items sell out after going up? Curious if i should keep my hopes high on that K.O Edition for Scott Pilgrim.

If its gonna be a crapshoot, I might just settle for a standard copy and the hoodie or possibly the pins/trading cards

Just curious as someone who hasn't purchased anything from LRG in ages, how quickly do popular items sell out after going up? Curious if i should keep my hopes high on that K.O Edition for Scott Pilgrim.

If its gonna be a crapshoot, I might just settle for a standard copy and the hoodie or possibly the pins/trading cards
I think the Scott Pilgrim stuff is all open preorder. You should probably double check the one you want to make sure though.

I think the Scott Pilgrim stuff is all open preorder. You should probably double check the one you want to make sure though.
Ah I saw that and the February 28th date and didn't know if that meant they'd just be taking unlimited orders then fulfilling them, or if that was just the entire window regardless of whether or not stock lasted

Ah I saw that and the February 28th date and didn't know if that meant they'd just be taking unlimited orders then fulfilling them, or if that was just the entire window regardless of whether or not stock lasted
The former. As long as it's before February 28, you'll be able to place an order.

Ok, something really, really strange has happened to my Ys Origin CE pre-order. When I click on my order history, the game has changed from "On Deck" back down to "In Production." Then, when I click on the order number, I'm brought to this weird, Amazon-style error page with a sad dog, saying "404 Page Not Found." I'd upload screenshots of this, but I keep being told I can't.

The game is still on LRG's website, albeit sold out. This is my first order with them and this makes me worried that they're not sending me my game. I understand it being "On Deck" for over a month is not unusual, but now this is very alarming to me. Has something like this ever happened to anyone else? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Never mind, in the time it took me to type this up, it partially fixed itself. I can see the order when I click on it now and it says "On Deck," but it still says "In Production" in my order history. Very strange.

When does Best Buy usually put up what they are selling from Limited Run on their site?  I was hoping to get Scott Pilgrim from them instead but wasn't sure when I should be on the lookout.

When does Best Buy usually put up what they are selling from Limited Run on their site? I was hoping to get Scott Pilgrim from them instead but wasn't sure when I should be on the lookout.
Usually the week of or the month of release. So lets say the game is schedule to release sometime April, thats when Bestbuy will start taking orders.

Usually the week of or the month of release. So lets say the game is schedule to release sometime April, thats when Bestbuy will start taking orders.
Thank you very much for the quick response. I've been wanting to get this game for awhile so I don't want to miss out on it if at all possible

Just curious why you think Switch would be better. PS4 has superior hardware so if anything I would suspect PS4 would perform better. However if a game isn't resource intensive anyway then maybe they perform the same. I guess a switch cart could load faster than a disc though..

Just curious why you think Switch would be better. PS4 has superior hardware so if anything I would suspect PS4 would perform better. However if a game isn't resource intensive anyway then maybe they perform the same. I guess a switch cart could load faster than a disc though..
PS4 games all install to the hard drive, so nothing is being streamed off the disc after installation. Scott Pilgrim was made for the PS3/360 hardware. Even the Switch hardware is overkill for what it needs to run, so it just depends which system/controller you like better; both will play the game just fine.

That's silliness. I would guess the game will run the same. IF (and that's a big IF) there are performance issues, almost assuredly those will be on the Switch. As others have said, the original release was for PS3/XB360, so if there are compatibility problems, far more likely to run into them on the Switch version.

That all said, I'd be surprised to see any performance issues with this given it's essentially an 8-bit game.

Comes down to the controller. PS4 wins for me.

Besides switch being my main platform... that's actually the system I have the most controllers for.  So it should be easier to get some 4player co-op going.

The production updates page has been heavily cleaned up.  Below's a list of SKUs per estimated delivery period:

• Q4 (no year specified): 1
  • Q4 2020: 7
  • 2020: 15
  • January 2021: 1
  • February 2021: 7
  • Q1 2021: 89
  • Q2 2021: 7
  • Q1/Q2 2021: 2
  • TBD: 8
When I ran these numbers a week ago:

• Q4 (no year specified): 9
  • December 2020: 7
  • Q4 2020: 29
  • 2020: 18
  • January 2021: 3
  • February 2021: 7
  • March 2021: 1
  • Q1 2021: 57
  • Q2 2021: 5
  • Q1/Q2 2021: 2
  • TBD: 8

The biggest shifts, as you'd expect, have been from end-of-2020 to Q1 '21.  There's still work to be done, but they've shifted nearly 2/3rds of the titles they were still listing as 2020 as recently as last Friday.  The total number of titles listed as 'In Production' has also dropped by 11.

The production updates page has been heavily cleaned up. Below's a list of SKUs per estimated delivery period:

(snip)

The biggest shifts, as you'd expect, have been from end-of-2020 to Q1 '21. There's still work to be done, but they've shifted nearly 2/3rds of the titles they were still listing as 2020 as recently as last Friday.
I just wish they'd be realistic with themselves. They know how many games they can ship in a month. They know how backed up their queue is. There's no way they're shipping over a hundred games out this quarter (Q4 2020 + Q1/Jan/Feb/March from that list). A realistic date, even if it's not a favorable one, is better than moving a date only to move it again and I refuse to believe a company that sells as many games as they do isn't actively tracking their output.

Will Scott Pilgrim perform better on PS4 than Switch or will it be the same?
It will likely perform better on the PS4, although the difference between the two should be negligible if the porting process was well-done.

The original version of the game was developed using the Flash platform, most likely in Actionscript 3.0. It was run on the PS3 and 360 using the ANT library that Adobe developed for allowing porting of Flash projects to different platforms. ANT was frequently used for bundling flash games up as stand-alone executable packages. But Adobe stopped supporting ANT some time ago, so it is highly unlikely that it was used for these recent porting jobs.

It's much more likely that the game was converted over to the HAXE language, and is likely running on the PS4 and Switch thanks to a library like OpenFL. HAXE has enough similarity to AS3 that the game could be ported to that language with little to no structural changes, and OpenFL is capable of running on just about anything. It also has the kind of hardware-rendering support that you'd want for games. If they took that direction for the porting, it's likely that the game would run very well, on either platform.

I just wish they'd be realistic with themselves. They know how many games they can ship in a month. They know how backed up their queue is. There's no way they're shipping over a hundred games out this quarter (Q4 2020 + Q1/Jan/Feb/March from that list). A realistic date, even if it's not a favorable one, is better than moving a date only to move it again and I refuse to believe a company that sells as many games as they do isn't actively tracking their output.
Yet they continue to add new SKUs each week. This week saw at least 25 Scott Pilgrim SKUs alone. They just keep digging themselves a shipping hole they are not going to get out of.

Yet they continue to add new SKUs each week. This week saw at least 25 Scott Pilgrim SKUs alone. They just keep digging themselves a shipping hole they are not going to get out of.
It think that it's pretty obvious that they operate on hiring a bunch of seasonal shipping help temps a couple of times per year. Get a bunch of temp workers, bang everything out, and then let them go. I don't see how there's any other possible logistical way for them to operate. They go periods of not shipping anything. Then their shipments come in huge bursts. But they can't afford to employ all of those shipping workers all year round.

That's my pretty strong hunch anyways.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will be selling Dark Crystal?  Trying to decide if I should pick one up today from LRG or wait for Best Buy.

All you are getting shipping notices and here I am waiting for Tiny Metal from almost  a year ago.  Wonder why that one was so delayed?

All you are getting shipping notices and here I am waiting for Tiny Metal from almost a year ago. Wonder why that one was so delayed?
I’m also waiting for tiny metal. It was delayed because It didn’t clear Nintendo certification for physical. There have been no updates since they mentioned the delay in September.

Was searching to see if Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 was getting a physical release when I stumbled upon this from July: https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/lrg3-2020

What else was announced six months ago but has yet to see a preorder?
Bored at work so went through the 33 items from the list and found that over a third of them are still awaiting a preorder window! Red means no preorder window while green means has had preorder window.

1. [SIZE=12pt]Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — TBD[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=12pt]Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — TBD[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=12pt]Carrion[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] (Switch) — TBD*[/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE=12pt]Castlevania Anniversary Collection[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — Q3 2020[/SIZE]
  5. [SIZE=12pt]Demon Turf[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — TBD[/SIZE]
  6. [SIZE=12pt]Garou: Mark of the Wolves[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] (PS4) — July 2020[/SIZE]
  7. [SIZE=12pt]Grandia HD Collection[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — August 7, 2020[/SIZE]
  8. [SIZE=12pt]GRIS[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — TBD*[/SIZE]
  9. [SIZE=12pt]Katana Zero[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — November 2020[/SIZE]
  10. [SIZE=12pt]Kunai[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — July 8, 2020*[/SIZE]
  11. [SIZE=12pt]MegaDimension Neptunia VII[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — July 28, 2020*[/SIZE]
  12. [SIZE=12pt]Mighty Gunvolt Burst [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — August 28, 2020[/SIZE]
  13. [SIZE=12pt]My Friend Pedro[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](PS4) — TBD*[/SIZE]
  14. [SIZE=12pt]Observer[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] (Switch) — TBD*[/SIZE]
  15. [SIZE=12pt]Papers, Please[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Vita) — July 24, 2020[/SIZE]
  16. [SIZE=12pt]PixelJunk Eden 2[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — TBD[/SIZE]
  17. [SIZE=12pt]Return of the Obra Dinn[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — July 24, 2020[/SIZE]
  18. [SIZE=12pt]More River City Girls[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]— Details TBD[/SIZE]
  19. [SIZE=12pt]Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] (Switch, PS4) — TBD[/SIZE]
  20. [SIZE=12pt]Shantae[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, GameBoy Color) — September 2020[/SIZE]
  21. [SIZE=12pt]Shantae: Risky's Revenge[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — September 2020[/SIZE]
  22. [SIZE=12pt]Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash![/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](PSVR) — July 31, 2020[/SIZE]
  23. [SIZE=12pt]Star Wars Episode I: Racer[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4, PC) — July 10, 2020[/SIZE]
  24. [SIZE=12pt]Super Meat Boy Forever[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — TBD[/SIZE]
  25. [SIZE=12pt]The friends of Ringo Ishikawa[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — July 21, 2020*[/SIZE]
  26. [SIZE=12pt]The Mummy Demastered[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, PS4) — July 31, 2020[/SIZE]
  27. [SIZE=12pt]The Secret of Monkey Island 30th Anniversary Anthology[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](PC) — October 2020[/SIZE]
  28. [SIZE=12pt]To The Moon[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] (Switch) — Q4 2020[/SIZE]
  29. [SIZE=12pt]TowerFall Ascension[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — Q3 2020[/SIZE]
  30. [SIZE=12pt]Trover Saves the Universe[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — Q4 2020[/SIZE]
  31. [SIZE=12pt]Where the Water Tastes Like Wine[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch) — TBD*[/SIZE]
  32. [SIZE=12pt]Xtreme Sports[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt](Switch, GameBoy Color) — October 2020[/SIZE]
  33. [SIZE=12pt]Ys Origin[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] (Switch) — July 8, 2020*[/SIZE]

bread's done
Back