Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
usually iam8bit site would put a note on the games listing if it is going to be sold at a retail store but I don't see one on spinch page

Spinch (Nintendo Switch Physical Edition) - iam8bit
iam8bit didn't have any notice for Wattam and Sayonara Wildhearts, and yet both showed up at Best Buy. Not sure if there is some deal between the two but Best Buy carriesseveral iam8bit games.

iam8bit didn't have any notice for Wattam and Sayonara Wildhearts, and yet both showed up at Best Buy. Not sure if there is some deal between the two but Best Buy carriesseveral iam8bit games.
when iam8bit first announced there deal with best buy wildhearts and wattam was in that announcement and that was after they listed them on there site that maybe why it doesn't have notice

when iam8bit first announced there deal with best buy wildhearts and wattam was in that announcement and that was after they listed them on there site that maybe why it doesn't have notice
Ahhh -- I see. Thanks!

I was a bit bummed to see I could have just gotten Wildhearts from BB (points), but at least it included a little patch, which was exclusive to those who bought from the site.

Well, time to vent a little:

My larger clamshell case and steelbook from my 'Streets of Rage 4' limited edition came busted INSIDE the box, and they forgot the extra music sampler. After a couple of week, LRG has told me today they can't replace them. The best they can do is 10% back.

Whoopty-fuckin-doo...

My larger clamshell case and steelbook from my 'Streets of Rage 4' limited edition came busted INSIDE the box, and they forgot the extra music sampler. After a couple of week, LRG has told me today they can't replace them. The best they can do is 10% back.

Whoopty-fuckin-doo...
10%? You would think they would at least refund you the difference of the standard edition

Whoopty-fuckin-doo...
only 10%? there is a $25 difference between the regular and classic edition that came with the clamshell... that's like a 35-40% if my math is ok-ish

Whoopty-fuckin-doo...
That’s some bullshit. What happened to them keeping back stock to cover stuff like this?

I'm not pleased.

I can see possibly not having extra steelbooks and clamshells since they were part of an assembled order (I assume) that the game came in, but yeah, crack open a classic edition (which I also assume they have extras of) and send the two parts of mine that arrived damaged (and the soundtrack sampler). They can still sell the game on it's own during their next special stock sale, because it's just a standard release with a barcode.

edit: I should note they also offered a complete refund with return, or an exchange for a sealed item, and I'm getting clarification on what a "sealed item" means, but I don't think I've been this excited for a collectors/limited edition for some time (Spider-Man (2018)), so I want to keep it. And everyone here knows how much I defended the price of this particular release based on included items too. That effectively makes those two options, not options.

I'm not pleased.

I can see possibly not having extra steelbooks and clamshells since they were part of an assembled order (I assume) that the game came in, but yeah, crack open a classic edition (which I also assume they have extras of) and send the two parts of mine that arrived damaged (and the soundtrack sampler). They can still sell the game on it's own during their next special stock sale, because it's just a standard release with a barcode.

edit: I should note they also offered a complete refund with return, or an exchange for a sealed item, and I'm getting clarification on what a "sealed item" means, but I don't think I've been this excited for a collectors/limited edition for some time (Spider-Man (2018)), so I want to keep it. And everyone here knows how much I defended the price of this particular release based on included items too. That effectively makes those two options, not options.
Have you tried going on Twitter and tagging them?

Seriously, LRG? In 2003 SNK Playmore released King of Fighters 2000/2001 in one PS2 package for a budget price and you can still buy it for $20 brand new on Amazon. Now LRG is splitting the releases and giving King of Fighters 2000 its own release and it will most likely be $30 + $6 shipping for just one game. Seems ridiculous, there's no excuse for this especially since they were originally released together in NA.
$35 + tax + shipping

It basically shows how opportunistic and lazy they are being at this point. They're splitting games that were originally only released as bundles. Instead they should be finding a way to release rarer or more obscure SNK games such as KOF Neowave, SVC Chaos, etc. that are only available on dead platforms or are too expensive to buy so it would actually make sense to rerelease them and people wouldn't complain about the prices. A KOF 2000 physical rerelease for $40 or whatever which was originally released with another game for a budget price is both unreasonable and pointless. The fans on their Twitter and Facebook really need to start being critical of them and not buying every single release they put out otherwise we will continue to get substandard releases. If people held them to higher standards we would have a chance of them not flooding the market with anything they could put on a disc in a case and instead bring us actual gems that are worth buying for the prices. There are plenty of LRG releases that were worth buying but now it seems like there are more that aren't.
Welcome to two years ago.

It just goes to show you how many people have wall-to-wall bookcases or totes in their basements. You'd think they would have learned by now, with so many high profile stories showing people selling their old retro collections for pennies on the dollar just so that they can get out from under their mountain of crap. But apparently not. Plus those were even desirable collections. This stuff however is not even rare, nor is it going to be in-demand later on down the line. There isn't even anything close to resembling what could be considered a "complete PS4 collection" list. Anyone can print physical games now.

So kof 97 was 25, kof 98 was 30, and now kof 2000 is 35? Looks like 2000 is the cheapest of the three on the PSN store too. :whistle2:
Yeah, they are getting a little bold with their pricing on these things. $9.99 normal price on PSN yet they charge $35 for it? Should have been a $25 game. Scott Pilgrim was $15 digitally and they charged $35. They pretty much do it because they can get away with it, and they know it. Doug said as much on a post on their now defunct forums (believe the quote was "Because we can" when asked why they were charging above the normal $10 over digital that they used to go by).

I'm still waiting for a game replacement that was supposed to originally arrive on the 3rd of December lol. I've been told that it will ship "tomorrow" 3 times now.

After mummy arrives I'm done. I don't even care what I miss anymore.

Yeah, they are getting a little bold with their pricing on these things. $9.99 normal price on PSN yet they charge $35 for it? Should have been a $25 game. Scott Pilgrim was $15 digitally and they charged $35. They pretty much do it because they can get away with it, and they know it. Doug said as much on a post on their now defunct forums (believe the quote was "Because we can" when asked why they were charging above the normal $10 over digital that they used to go by).
To be fair, one could say that about any game publisher or console manufacturer. Too bad the phrase, "Do the right thing because it's right," has lost all meaning within our alarmingly selfish and greedy society. Nowadays, few aspire to be better than their worst selves, or strive to be the better person. It's more about what I can "get away with."

Telling - several decades ago, when news of folks squeezing systems by leveraging technical loopholes to line their pockets came out, most were outraged and demanded those folks be punished. Nowadays, we celebrate those people, calling them brilliant for finding ways to circumvent rules, exploit others, and profit off the backs of the rule-followers.

It's always a race to the bottom when this sort of "take-all, who-gives-a-@^*k" attitude starts to prevail over kindness and selflessness. As we all (I hope) know, people face their darkest emotions everyday, and it's usually the easier path to take. I fear greed and apathy among my fellow countrymen are starting to overtake the will of kindness and respect that so many of us were taught back in our school days.

Sorry for the social science talk, but it's all weighing heavily lately.

Sorry for the social science talk, but it's all weighing heavily lately.
Don't be sorry for stating the TRUTH, as it is a very rare commodity these days, as most days over the last year seems like a bad Twilight Zone episode. All I can do each day is be pleasant to people, even those who don't deserve it, and treat others like I would like to be treated. And while I'm far from perfect, I'm not going to climb a ladder by using others as the rungs, so I can climb higher at others expense. So is life I suppose, but this last year has put so many things in to perspective, and like you, I don't like what I've been seeing.

I'm still waiting for a game replacement that was supposed to originally arrive on the 3rd of December lol. I've been told that it will ship "tomorrow" 3 times now.

After mummy arrives I'm done. I don't even care what I miss anymore.
Yeah, I swore these guys off when they decided to hold the last few Vita releases hostage because they could, and I said fuck that, sold my collection ans haven't been back.

Just got a response back from LRG regarding why the Shadow Complex Remastered physical disc doesn't work on the PS5 while the digital version does and got this disheartening reply.

"I hope this message finds you well.

At this time, we can only confirm that our releases from Scott Pilgrim and going forward will be compatible with the PS5.  If the disc is not compatible, you can always contact Sony customer support to see if there is a workaround.  However, the physical editions we have released in the past, especially going that far back, were not designed with the PS5 in mind, so the disc may not be compatible.  The only resource we have regarding backward compatibility is what Sony has stated on their site, which I linked in my previous message.

I hope that answers your question.
If you need anything else, don't hesitate to message me and I'd be more than happy to help.  Have a good one!"

Just got a response back from LRG regarding why the Shadow Complex Remastered physical disc doesn't work on the PS5 while the digital version does and got this disheartening reply.

"I hope this message finds you well.

At this time, we can only confirm that our releases from Scott Pilgrim and going forward will be compatible with the PS5. If the disc is not compatible, you can always contact Sony customer support to see if there is a workaround. However, the physical editions we have released in the past, especially going that far back, were not designed with the PS5 in mind, so the disc may not be compatible. The only resource we have regarding backward compatibility is what Sony has stated on their site, which I linked in my previous message.

I hope that answers your question.
If you need anything else, don't hesitate to message me and I'd be more than happy to help. Have a good one!"
tl;dr:

de4004296659404accd2e037948f80d2.gif

Limited Run just sent out a production email update on Samurai Jack which is nice and all but what the hell is happening with Tiny Metal Ultimate. How about a production update on that game.

Looks like we will get the standard editions of Samurai Jack next month.

Collector's edition is going to have to wait. I'm glad I don't bother with collector's editions.

New Blog Post

If anyone is interested. There is a feedback survey form at the bottom of the blog post.

I'm glad they recognize their problems, but I'll believe progress when I see it. Realistically, they are the better part of a year behind on pre-orders and their current release schedule only compounds that.

I'm glad they recognize their problems, but I'll believe progress when I see it. Realistically, they are the better part of a year behind on pre-orders and their current release schedule only compounds that.
I wouldn't hold my breath, not when they're buying expensive game consoles for themselves instead of putting that money towards hiring more people to ship things out faster.

I wouldn't hold my breath, not when they're buying expensive game consoles for themselves instead of putting that money towards hiring more people to ship things out faster.
Don't forget the $32,000 lot of Playstation games Josh bought and spent weeks tweeting about during business hours. Clearly that money is being put to good use.

Don't forget the $32,000 lot of Playstation games Josh bought and spent weeks tweeting about during business hours. Clearly that money is being put to good use.
Link?

At this point, it honestly just seems like they're egging people like like those influencers who are like "look at this super expensive car I bought, link/subscribe/visit my sponsors so I can buy more expensive cars".

Starts here, but continues for a couple weeks.

It was supposedly to help stock their upcoming retail game store, but as you read on he (and probably Doug) kept anything good for their personal collections.

It's real cool to see that prick tweet endlessly about the many tens of thousands of dollars he spends acquiring mountains of figurines, rare games, consoles, etc., meanwhile customers still have broken games that likely will never be patched, incomplete Cruisn Mix discs still have not been replaced as promised, and I am so glad that they were generous enough to let me know they made a one-time exception to send a replacement game for something they sent damaged and unusable. I felt so special after spending many thousands of dollars on their products to be sent a replacement for something I paid for that came broken. What generosity, but just that one time by golly. Wouldn't want to cut into the owner's endless budget for toys and rare games that he can stuff into his room and show off to the world. Point is, as you reference, it's probably not a good idea to constantly show off your conspicuous consumption when your company is being so anti-consumer in so many ways. Crazy thing is, though, the market continues to reward them as they shovel off a lot of overpriced crap and the occasional gem.

Link?

At this point, it honestly just seems like they're egging people like like those influencers who are like "look at this super expensive car I bought, link/subscribe/visit my sponsors so I can buy more expensive cars".
Starts here, but continues for a couple weeks.

It was supposedly to help stock their upcoming retail game store, but as you read on he (and probably Doug) kept anything good for their personal collections.
Wings already linked the start of the haul, so I'll just add the tweet where he confirmed his price. No clue if it was for the retail store or not but he did talk about he and Doug keeping stuff they wanted from it.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1347715629634244609

Wow. Like he didn't even say around $x... he said the exact amount. Worse yet, he is saying "yeah, I ripped someone off bc it's actually worth $52K".  

In Josh's defense somewhere in that Twitter feed I remembered him saying he got the money from the lot from selling his shares of Gamestop stock (after a small profit, not like it is now obviously) and used his savings for the rest.  I guess the savings was likely funded by LRG profits though.

Sometimes I get the feeling that LRG releases so many games just so that Josh, Doug and the employees can fill their own collections with rare games that they don't even pay for.  Every employee supposedly gets a free copy of every game they release.  Also, whenever Josh sees a non LRG title he is interested in trading for, he usually only offers up LRG product to trade which, again, he gets for free.  The guy is basically amassing a humongous video game collection off of games funded by his company's customers.

He might have been saying it would be worth $52K if bought individually. Game lots tend to be at a discount since it's unlikely they include exactly what you want (unless maybe if it's a full set).

After a long period with no gold cards, I got two in one package today! They were for Wizard of Legend and Jay & Silent Bob.

In Josh's defense somewhere in that Twitter feed I remembered him saying he got the money from the lot from selling his shares of Gamestop stock (after a small profit, not like it is now obviously) and used his savings for the rest. I guess the savings was likely funded by LRG profits though.

Sometimes I get the feeling that LRG releases so many games just so that Josh, Doug and the employees can fill their own collections with rare games that they don't even pay for. Every employee supposedly gets a free copy of every game they release. Also, whenever Josh sees a non LRG title he is interested in trading for, he usually only offers up LRG product to trade which, again, he gets for free. The guy is basically amassing a humongous video game collection off of games funded by his company's customers.
And the worst part is they can just print stuff that are not for sale to the public, such as that Bird King game or holo cover Saturday Morning RPG

As a follow up on Shadow Complex Remastered.  Was on Playstation Live Chat for about 30 minutes asking them if there was anyway that the disc could play the game with a system update or some such.  She was adamant that the game is NOT BC and that's why the disc is not working.  I kept on trying to tell her that the digital version was updated to work with the PS5 but she was insistent that the game was not according to the information that they had.  After that, I give up.

To those of you who have upgraded or are planning to to the PS5.  Let this be a warning that these things will basically be expensive coasters since there's no guarantee that these LRG games will work on the current hardware

I'll never understand the amount of disdain for Doug and Josh.  They're doing well, they had an idea and it's done great.  God bless 'em.  Who cares what they do with the money?  

I'll never understand the amount of disdain for Doug and Josh. They're doing well, they had an idea and it's done great. God bless 'em. Who cares what they do with the money?
They're private citizens and LRG is a private company. They can and should do whatever they want. But if a CEO and COO are posting on social media about their luxury purchases while their company is severely behind on its commitments they should also expect flak. Not that CO titles are above that kind of behavior in other industries, but it does kind of shatter the "small friendly company" motif they often try to hide behind.

Yeah. If it isn't clear to people by now that this company is not "customer first" then I don't know what else to say.

They take all your money up front and then ship their timed edition, additional-future-release games to you whenever they feel like it. Often times taking up to one year.

I'll never understand the amount of disdain for Doug and Josh. They're doing well, they had an idea and it's done great. God bless 'em. Who cares what they do with the money?
See above.

They continue taking money before previous obligations are met. Customers are used for venture capital. Classic game collections are broken up into multiple $29.99 discs in order to make gobs more money. It's customer-unfriendly business. For the life of me I can't understand why people continue to support these business practices. The collector's editions are very poor value when you just want one of the items included.

When someone runs a bad business then people are going to publicly discuss it.

Yeah. If it isn't clear to people by now that this company is not "customer first" then I don't know what else to say.

They take all your money up front and then ship their timed edition, additional-future-release games to you whenever they feel like it. Often times taking up to one year.

See above.

They continue taking money before previous obligations are met. Customers are used for venture capital. Classic game collections are broken up into multiple $29.99 discs in order to make gobs more money. It's customer-unfriendly business. For the life of me I can't understand why people continue to support these business practices. The collector's editions are very poor value when you just want one of the items included.

When someone runs a bad business then people are going to publicly discuss it.
People continue to support LRG because they provide products that people want to buy. This may come as a shock to you, but buying physical versions of games that wouldn't otherwise get a physical release often at multiple times the price of the same game as a digital copy is inherently a luxury business. Just like any luxury business, there are inevitably customers who probably shouldn't be buying the products because they really can't afford it or have strange notions about what it is they are really buying. Personally, I've worked hard in life and I have a lot of disposable income. As such, I take some chunk of that income and spend it on things that I don't need, but that I find interesting for some reason. Other people buy luxury watches or shoes or expensive suits or art or cars or home improvements or whatever. I tend to spend my money on video games and items that are not all that expensive in comparison.

LRG has been using largely the same business model for at least four of the five years they have been in business. I can understand why some people would drop off once they went to a pre-order model and after lengthy delays started happening. Having said that, the delays certainly aren't new and the volume of releases isn't new and the pre-order model isn't new.

It's your right to believe that LRG engages in "consumer unfriendly" practices, but the reality is that they are not a large national company or a retail store or anything other than a midsize collectibles company similar to Mondo or Iam8Bit or any of the dozens of other companies that use the same exact model in a variety of collectibles fields. You know their model and you know that they are never really going to change. The reality is that there are plenty of people with disposable income that will continue to buy their releases and won't complain about the delays or lack of communication because the truth is that most people with significant disposable income don't have the time to worry about it and just enjoy the experience when the products show up. So, LRG will continue to do fine and the same people that have been bitching about them the whole time will continue to do so and still end up supporting them by buying the occasional release directly or at Best Buy or from a reseller (all of which benefits LRG anyway) and the world will move on like it always does.

I've come to the conclusion that we now live in a very sick society that rewards greed, narcissism, and sociopaths. If you're actually a decent person that does the right thing you will be looked at a loser that others can step on and abuse. We're told the lie that bullies will be begging for money on the street corner one day but in reality if you look the studies it shows that bullies are more likely to be bosses and work for government because society rewards this behavior. So the bullies win in the end. This is just one of the reasons why mental illness is rampant now because the most cruel people are in charge of this world and don't give a shit about you or me causing all sorts of problems for everyone except for themselves. Many of them are sickos that actually enjoy the suffering of others and feeling superior.

Never trust a company or person or anything else. It's only a matter of time before they turn on you and look down on you like a peasant when you were the one who helped them get to where they are in the first place. LRG became corrupted by power like any human or business does over time in today's society that rewards and encourages this mentality. "Why should I give a shit about anyone else except for myself?"

It's like when you have a good friend that suddenly gets a hot GF or a high paying job and then eventually starts treating you like shit or ignoring you because they now see themselves as superior to you. That's how I feel about LRG. They started out as cool, hanging out with us on here and listening to feedback. Now they most likely just look at us like idiots who can provide them more money so they can buy a new car or hidden gem variant and if you don't like it then too bad, peasant.
Why would someone who only joined this site earlier this month have memories of LRG hanging out with us here?

bread's done
Back