Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
My Ys Origins Switch CE still hasn't been picked up from UPS. Wondering if it's lost now, has been over 2 weeks since the shipping notification.

Has anyone gotten theirs?
I'm in the same boat and I contacted LRG yesterday to ask if they have an estimate of when the package would start moving. The response given to me was that there was "a delay between when the order was processed and when it is being received by UPS" (whatever the hell that means) and it should update "soon." They consider packages lost after 30 days, so I should contact them again if, after 30 days have passed since it was shipped, it still hasn't moved. Fingers crossed, I guess. This is my first order with LRG and it's left a seriously bad taste in my mouth. I won't be buying from them again unless they release something I gotta have.

I do like how bojay ignored my post. Typical lawyer tactics, don't fight fights you can't win. You're the same exact person from DP 20 years ago. We should lock you in a room with Kaine23 and kupomogli for old times sake.

Hey at least we're better than the Twitter mob of angry little shouting eggs.
643cd5fb6f6b57719be90ff8102b1b07.gif

My Ys Origin Collector's Edition has finally started moving. Tracking says I'll get it on 2/9, despite it only needing to travel from North Carolina to Florida because UPS Mail Innovations. I'll be shocked if I even get it on the estimated date, but whatever. As long as it doesn't arrive crushed, I'll be happy.

My Ys Origin Collector's Edition has finally started moving. Tracking says I'll get it on 2/9, despite it only needing to travel from North Carolina to Florida because UPS Mail Innovations. I'll be shocked if I even get it on the estimated date, but whatever. As long as it doesn't arrive crushed, I'll be happy.
Glad your tracking updated. I've had LRG orders where the tracking never updated an the item just showed up one day. It may be a bit unnerving being left in the dark on the tracking side... but the consensus here is "you will eventually get your shit" and I think that's mostly still true. You just have to be prepared to wait and not know what's happening for a long time. It's like ordering something from China. Thankfully right now I have no orders (not even preorders) in at any online sites. It's a nice feeling not having to think about this stuff.

The problem with LRG is they are not growing as a company. They've been in business all of these years and we're really still just getting Neo Geo ports, split collections, PS2 digital ports in PS4 cases, etc. You would think they would branch out and become a better company by now, but nope. We should be getting stuff that hypocritcal, censorship loving western publishers are too chickenshit to publish such as DOA Xtreme, Onechanbara, etc. on PS4, rare SNK games like KOF Neowave that actually need a rerelease, etc. Instead they just go the easy route most of the time. For every Panzer Dragoon, YS, or Grandia we get total crap that doesn't need to be "preserved" and no one would buy in the first place if not for FOMO. They also need to address PS4 games not working on PS5 and not just blaming Sony for it. PS4 consoles won't work forever and will eventually stop being made so it'll be a shame if these games end up being worthless coasters because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool story. How about don't buy?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
The reason I post this is because I'm a big fan of LRG and huge physical game collector and I am trying to offer constructive criticism to make their company better. If one of your friends or family members started using heroin would you just sit by and say nothing or would you give them the tough love that they need? I am giving LRG tough love and trying to help.

Wrong place. This is a deal forum. If I like the game and the price I buy. If not, I don't. Life can be enjoyable and easy that way.

Wrong place. This is a deal forum. If I like the game and the price I buy. If not, I don't. Life can be enjoyable and easy that way.

I still don't think this thread belongs in this forum, there are no deals to be had here, just another company selling games
This thread needs to be moved out of the "deals" forum then if that's the case as they never have sales or discounts. They're the only store I know of that didn't even have a Black Friday sale.

The problem with LRG is they are not growing as a company. They've been in business all of these years and we're really still just getting Neo Geo ports, split collections, PS2 digital ports in PS4 cases, etc. You would think they would branch out and become a better company by now, but nope. We should be getting stuff that hypocritcal, censorship loving western publishers are too chickenshit to publish such as DOA Xtreme, Onechanbara, etc. on PS4, rare SNK games like KOF Neowave that actually need a rerelease, etc. Instead they just go the easy route most of the time. For every Panzer Dragoon, YS, or Grandia we get total crap that doesn't need to be "preserved" and no one would buy in the first place if not for FOMO. They also need to address PS4 games not working on PS5 and not just blaming Sony for it. PS4 consoles won't work forever and will eventually stop being made so it'll be a shame if these games end up being worthless coasters because of that.
Lol I've gotta laugh because your examples of games that deserve to be preserved are all games that already had physical copies long before LRG got to them. I'm not ripping you for liking those games at all, hell I bought the Panzer Dragoon remake too, just pointing out how different people's idea of "preservation" can be. I still think LRG works best when they publish smaller, niche games instead of remakes and repros and rereleases, however I understand that I'm in the minority and there's a lot more money to be made from well-established properties.

I'm a big lurker because I buy some LRG games. I have no issue with your post, for the most part. Letting others know of the PS4/5 issue specifically. The rest seems like an opinion on the types of games you'd like to see and how you view the company. A lot of this is filling these pages. No disrespect to you or anyone else. Just seems like people griping over the owner or what you wish the company did.

Please continue to post about issues, like the PS4/5 issue which needs to be addressed. Or any other actual issues. But can't we keep this thread mostly about the games? I feel so lost sometimes just trying to figure out if a game was shipped, went up, etc.

Can't we all just get along 🙂 these are video games. Let's enjoy them, for collecting or playing. Whatever floats your boat.

Question: any news on the Shantae's and their BB releases? I haven't been able to find any information. Missed out on LRG but definitely will buy both at BB when available.

It's kind of a deal when a game that was only digital is now released physical for me to buy. But I see your point.

Isn't there another discussion thread already somewhere for general lrg discussion? I think your posts may be better suited there. Hsve a nice day!

Lol I've gotta laugh because your examples of games that deserve to be preserved are all games that already had physical copies long before LRG got to them. I'm not ripping you for liking those games at all, hell I bought the Panzer Dragoon remake too, just pointing out how different people's idea of "preservation" can be. I still think LRG works best when they publish smaller, niche games instead of remakes and repros and rereleases, however I understand that I'm in the minority and there's a lot more money to be made from well-established properties.
I'm a big lurker because I buy some LRG games. I have no issue with your post, for the most part. Letting others know of the PS4/5 issue specifically. The rest seems like an opinion on the types of games you'd like to see and how you view the company. A lot of this is filling these pages. No disrespect to you or anyone else. Just seems like people griping over the owner or what you wish the company did.

Please continue to post about issues, like the PS4/5 issue which needs to be addressed. Or any other actual issues. But can't we keep this thread mostly about the games? I feel so lost sometimes just trying to figure out if a game was shipped, went up, etc.

Can't we all just get along these are video games. Let's enjoy them, for collecting or playing. Whatever floats your boat.

Question: any news on the Shantae's and their BB releases? I haven't been able to find any information. Missed out on LRG but definitely will buy both at BB when available.
I meant preserved in NTSC versions with cover art meant to appeal to people in NA or released on consoles that are several generations old and already expensive and rare on the resale market. I'm well aware they already had physical releases because I owned them for years now and I probably am more of an expert on game collecting than anyone here. This not just a hobby for me and I take it very seriously compared to most people that jumped on the collecting bandwagon in the last few years (LRG included). Every series I mentioned commands high resale value whereas the random 2D indie pixel games don't so it's more than just an opinion.

I meant preserved in NTSC versions with cover art meant to appeal to people in NA or released on consoles that are several generations old and already expensive and rare on the resale market. Every series I mentioned commands high resale value whereas the random 2D indie pixel games don't so it's more than just an opinion.
Is the point of LRG to bring specific games that hold high value or some would like to preserve? Honestly, this is very much an opinion. Which you have every right to have. I don't see it that way. Yooka-Laylee, Shantae, Windjammers are some games I've purchased off the top of my head and I specifically wanted them physical. Idk or care if they hold a high resale value. Some games do, some don't. If there was enough interest and LRG could do it, I would imagine they would. Still don't see why we should spend pages complaining about our opinions. You might think Windjammers is dumb and a useless release. I don't. And there may be something you are happy they released and I wouldn't know what that game was. I'm just happy we can get physical versions of games that wouldn't have gotten them if not for LRG. Or other similar companies. If you had specific situations with LRG with regards to shipping, items, or the PS4/5 issue you mentioned, then it should be brought up.
I want a Not Not physical release for Switch. I'm not mad LRG didn't make one. I'll take what I can get 🙂

The reason I post this is because I'm a big fan of LRG and huge physical game collector and I am trying to offer constructive criticism to make their company better. If one of your friends or family members started using heroin would you just sit by and say nothing or would you give them the tough love that they need? I am giving LRG tough love and trying to help.
Yes, you're such a big fan that you've spent post after post demanding that they be banned from this site or that this thread be shut down or moved and accusing anyone who supports them of secretly being one of the founders. What total troll garbage.

Is the point of LRG to bring specific games that hold high value or some would like to preserve? Honestly, this is very much an opinion. Which you have every right to have. I don't see it that way. Yooka-Laylee, Shantae, Windjammers are some games I've purchased off the top of my head and I specifically wanted them physical. Idk or care if they hold a high resale value. Some games do, some don't. If there was enough interest and LRG could do it, I would imagine they would. Still don't see why we should spend pages complaining about our opinions. You might think Windjammers is dumb and a useless release. I don't. And there may be something you are happy they released and I wouldn't know what that game was. I'm just happy we can get physical versions of games that wouldn't have gotten them if not for LRG. Or other similar companies. If you had specific situations with LRG with regards to shipping, items, or the PS4/5 issue you mentioned, then it should be brought up.
I want a Not Not physical release for Switch. I'm not mad LRG didn't make one. I'll take what I can get 🙂
High resale values mean they have demand from people and that's what people actually want. If you look at the market most LRG drop in price over time compared to what they originally sold for. Every series I mentioned is selling for way above what LRG originally charged and will never drop in price even years down the road. Game collecting is serious to me and many others who have been collecting since Atari, I understand that many people who just discovered game collecting in the last few years and drove the prices of retro games up just consider it a hobby and will probably grow out of it in a couple years so I can understand why they don't get the perspective of real collectors who are more critical of this hobby and not just hobby collectors.

Yes, you're such a big fan that you've spent post after post demanding that they be banned from this site or that this thread be shut down or moved and accusing anyone who supports them of secretly being one of the founders. What total troll garbage.
This is a blatant lie. I clearly said in the past that I find it suspicious that Doomstink doesn't post here anymore and that was one of my main criticisms. I said that this thread doesn't belong in the deal section because there are no deals or discounts from them. Also, many people on here have accused only you of being involved with them and not any other account so that's another lie. You may not agree with me but please don't resort to name calling or lying.

I meant preserved in NTSC versions with cover art meant to appeal to people in NA or released on consoles that are several generations old and already expensive and rare on the resale market. I'm well aware they already had physical releases because I owned them for years now and I probably am more of an expert on game collecting than anyone here. This not just a hobby for me and I take it very seriously compared to most people that jumped on the collecting bandwagon in the last few years (LRG included). Every series I mentioned commands high resale value whereas the random 2D indie pixel games don't so it's more than just an opinion.
Hey it's cool, I'm not trying to invalidate your perspective on this or anything. Just saying that from my perspective those games have been preserved already and I like it better when LRG goes after the lesser-known games. It's no big deal, there's room enough here for both types.

High resale values mean they have demand from people and that's what people actually want. If you look at the market most LRG drop in price over time compared to what they originally sold for. Every series I mentioned is selling for way above what LRG originally charged and will never drop in price even years down the road. Game collecting is serious to me and many others who have been collecting since Atari, I understand that many people who just discovered game collecting in the last few years and drove the prices of retro games up just consider it a hobby and will probably grow out of it in a couple years so I can understand why they don't get the perspective of real collectors who are more critical of this hobby and not just hobby collectors.
That's a big assumption to make. You have no clue what most of us are in it for or how long we have been. As I never assumed about you. I own dozens of consoles, console variations and I have hundreds of games from Atari to Switch some sealed, some open. A high resale value doesn't indicate a demand for the specific game, rather it's value based on availability and copies printed. I can understand why you'd want more of those games printed. Again, that's your opinion and you have every right to feel that way. But why do we spend pages discussing what games you want on LRG? If everyone did that, this thread would be an opinion thread rather than based on what LRG is selling, taking pre-orders from or even making errors on. I get your passion for collecting. You have no idea. I can't begin to describe my collection. I'm sure the same goes for you. Still, this thread is for LRG games, pre-orders, availability, etc. That's all I'm saying. I get why you want the games you want. We all want specific games. If the demand was high enough and it was possible, LRG would do it from a business standpoint. Why don't you start a new thread about your collection? I'm not being a hero, I actually would like to see. And post your opinions there. I'd read them.

Never took it as heated. Rather, someone with strong feelings on the situation. I don't disagree, maybe a new thread dedicated to current situations would help. And please, anyone with issues, feel free to post them. I don't own a PS4 or 5. The fact a PS4 game doesn't work on PS5 when it should, I'd be PISSED off at that.

A high resale value doesn't indicate a demand for the specific game, rather it's value based on availability and copies printed.
Many LRG had the same exact number of copies printed yet some sell for crap on the resale market (less than $20) while others are around $100 or more, so it's not based on copies printed but the demand that people actually have for that title. If everyone approves, I (or someone else) can create a new LRG deals thread in this forum with rules. This five year old thread was long abandoned by the OP and the unprofessional thread title "Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping" irks me. It would be nice to have an actual active member in charge of it.

This is a blatant lie. I clearly said in the past that I find it suspicious that Doomstink doesn't post here anymore and that was one of my main criticisms. I said that this thread doesn't belong in the deal section because there are no deals or discounts from them. Also, many people on here have accused only you of being involved with them and not any other account so that's another lie. You may not agree with me but please don't resort to name calling or lying.
You posted an entire rant on February 2nd demanding that Josh and LRG be removed from this site because they allegedly failed to deliver games and were supposedly selling repros. You clearly either deleted the post or a mod did as there are still references to your rant post in quotes from other members who told you that they believed you were out of line. I'll give you credit for being a creative troll, but you're also pretty poor at covering your own tracks.

Many LRG had the same exact number of copies printed yet some sell for crap on the resale market (less than $20) while others are around $100 or more, so it's not based on copies printed but the demand that people actually have for that title. If everyone approves, I (or someone else) can create a new LRG deals thread in this forum with rules. This five year old thread was long abandoned by the OP and the unprofessional thread title "Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping" irks me. It would be nice to have an actual active member in charge of it.
That's true. I don't see what that has to do with this thread. You're upset they don't print more copies of the games that resell for more? I wish I'd got in on more games, but I didn't purchase fast enough. Not LRG's fault.

Bojay1997, I'm asking you very nicely to stop calling me names. You can call my opinion stupid or whatever but please don't insult me personally. I'll make a new LRG deals thread with rules approved by the community here if that's what it takes, in fact. If I had such a vendetta against LRG then I wouldn't offer to do that.

Bojay1997, I'm asking you very nicely to stop calling me names. You can call my opinion stupid or whatever but please don't insult me personally. I'll make a new LRG deals thread with rules approved by the community here if that's what it takes, in fact. If I had such a vendetta against LRG then I wouldn't offer to do that.
I agree with this. Why do we resort to name calling. We all have our opinions. I don't agree with Hessler all the time, and I did read that rant on LRG but hardly a reason for name calling. If a new thread were made to keep track of releases, pre-order dates, BB releases and any known issues, I'm all for that. Regardless of who moderates.

We all love video games, video game deals, exclusives, collectibles, etc. No reason for name calling or anything of the sort.

If another thread isn't made, can't we all agree to stick to the subject? LRG games and their releases, with any issues if they come up? I just want my BB Shantae release dates 😭

I'm pretty sure they aren't here. If you want to be heard you should email their support line this if you want to offer free business success advice. Not the cheapassgamer bulletin board. Wrong place. I'm just here for the games.

I agree with this. Why do we resort to name calling. We all have our opinions. I don't agree with Hessler all the time, and I did read that rant on LRG but hardly a reason for name calling. If a new thread were made to keep track of releases, pre-order dates, BB releases and any known issues, I'm all for that. Regardless of who moderates.

We all love video games, video game deals, exclusives, collectibles, etc. No reason for name calling or anything of the sort.

If another thread isn't made, can't we all agree to stick to the subject? LRG games and their releases, with any issues if they come up? I just want my BB Shantae release dates
I'm not going to stop calling out trolling. This guy literally posted a multi-paragraph rant demanding that CAG hold LRG to the same purported standards that it holds sellers who don't ship or people that try to sell pirated games because he claimed LRG was printing unauthorized repros. Now, two days later he's claiming to be the biggest LRG fan ever and offering to start a new thread. I mean this is literally insanity.

Hessler2, on 02 Feb 2021 - 8:02 PM, said:

My question is, why has nothing being done about this? Others have gotten banned for not sending out a package after saying he would/did numerous times. Josh does this stunt on a weekly basis.
Another guy got his trade thread removed and Trading Time outed because they wanted to see pics of his PSN cards, and the guy didn't do it. Josh often sells “limited print games” and then takes forever to deliver the items, and if they don't work takes even longer to make good on it.
If any of us tried to sell bootlegged items (such as the unlicensed reproduction carts they sell), mods would not only lock our threads, but we would face suspensions, TTO's or bans. Josh his thread featured here and is allowed to continue on with business as usual.
This you?

I created a new thread. Please keep it on topic this time. I will also follow that rule. Anyone can edit the OP of the thread because it is wikied.

The new topic was locked by a moderator while I was still in the middle of adding to it for some reason so if someone else wants to make their own then go ahead.

I'm not going to stop calling out trolling. This guy literally posted a multi-paragraph rant demanding that CAG hold LRG to the same purported standards that it holds sellers who don't ship or people that try to sell pirated games because he claimed LRG was printing unauthorized repros. Now, two days later he's claiming to be the biggest LRG fan ever and offering to start a new thread. I mean this is literally insanity.
I read that post. Didn't even know it was deleted. Or that it him tbh. I'll just say I don't agree with what was written. At all. He never said he was their biggest fan either. I get where you're coming from. It's all good. Let's all agree to disagree on some things.

Doesn't matter why, how many specific titles, which friend recommended it, etc. We shop LRG for a reason
Was it the one switch or PS4 game you bought that they ever released you are happy to own physically? I'm happy to own a few. Very few. Why so much arguing. We all want what we want from LRG. We can't all get it. Let's create threads for the other companies who do this too. They all deserve praise for giving us physical media of what one day won't be downloadble.

We all suck.
We all rock.
We all blah blah

Let's stick to LRG talk, in terms of shipping, releases, pre-orders, BB availability, issues or anything else I missed. Please? I just don't want to miss a BB Shantae post lol 😃

Can someone create a new thread with a wikied OP and rules so the first post can be edited with the new upcoming pre-orders if the OP ever disappears again? I tried as you can see but was shut down for unknown reasons.

Can someone create a new thread with a wikied OP and rules so the first post can be edited with the new upcoming pre-orders if the OP ever disappears again? I tried as you can see but was shut down for unknown reasons.
I read that post. Didn't even know it was deleted. Or that it him tbh. I'll just say I don't agree with what was written. At all. He never said he was their biggest fan either. I get where you're coming from. It's all good. Let's all agree to disagree on some things.

Doesn't matter why, how many specific titles, which friend recommended it, etc. We shop LRG for a reason
Was it the one switch or PS4 game you bought that they ever released you are happy to own physically? I'm happy to own a few. Very few. Why so much arguing. We all want what we want from LRG. We can't all get it. Let's create threads for the other companies who do this too. They all deserve praise for giving us physical media of what one day won't be downloadble.

We all suck.
We all rock.
We all blah blah

Let's stick to LRG talk, in terms of shipping, releases, pre-orders, BB availability, issues or anything else I missed. Please? I just don't want to miss a BB Shantae post lol
There are pretty specific rules about starting new threads of this type. There is already an Indie/Niche game thread that covers the other companies. This thread was set up specifically to discuss LRG releases. Frankly, all of the new release info is provided by one specific user on this thread, so if he chose to start a new thread, I'm sure the mods would allow it, assuming he sought permission first.

Bojay1997, you seem to have the most knowledge about LRG in this thread and I mean that as a compliment. Despite our differences I still respect you and feel like you should be the one to start the new thread.

Bojay1997, you seem to have the most knowledge about LRG in this thread and I mean that as a compliment. Despite our differences I still respect you and feel like you should be the one to start the new thread.
Like I said, there is already a very diligent user who posts here every time there is a new LRG announcement.

Like I said, there is already a very diligent user who posts here every time there is a new LRG announcement.   
The problem is that he and others don't have access to the OP that can be used for pre-order updates and announcements. Not to mention the thread title as it is is very unprofessional and this thread is already five years old the way it is so it's long overdue for a reboot.

We don't need a new thread. :shame:   Stop trying to muscle in and change things.   This thread works fine as is.  If you want to keep up with LRG then just read through the posts.  For the ranting and raving just skim through it.   Takes a few minutes at most to catch up with the happenings.

Dude's been here less than a month and is going to burn out or push to hard and get banned like that crazy complete collector dude from a couple years back.  Remember him?   I forget his name but something lately reminded me of that guy.

The problem is that he and others don't have access to the OP that can be used for pre-order updates and announcements. Not to mention the thread title as it is is very unprofessional and this thread is already five years old the way it is so it's long overdue for a reboot.
The thread title is very unprofessional lmao--on this, the website called Cheap 'Ass' Gamer. I personally see synergy there, not dissonance.

OP doesn' t need to be updated, just scan the latest posts for the latest info.

On the subject of latest info I noticed LRG raised shipping again from $5.59 to $5.79 when I bought a game today.  Not a huge deal mind you, and the USPS may have just raised their rates as well (not sure).  But when your own employee was only charging $2.72 shipping for his Bird King game this week, and places like VBlank charge $3 and change, the disparity is pretty large to what LRG charges.

Best Buy stores get daily pickups from UPS, FedEx and USPS but the volume last month was so great that they were just being tossed into rented trucks without being scanned first. Sometimes post office temps were just taking them in their own cars. That's why it took that long to show movement not because they were printing labels early and not packing them.

I kind of doubt it's in LRGs budget to get daily pickups like that.
Daily pickups from the post office are free. Only usps and fedex charge pickup fees.

OP doesn' t need to be updated, just scan the latest posts for the latest info.

On the subject of latest info I noticed LRG raised shipping again from $5.59 to $5.79 when I bought a game today. Not a huge deal mind you, and the USPS may have just raised their rates as well (not sure). But when your own employee was only charging $2.72 shipping for his Bird King game this week, and places like VBlank charge $3 and change, the disparity is pretty large to what LRG charges.
It's likely single game purchases are subsidizing the shipping losses endured by multi-game orders... since multi-games can end up needing a box, a little more time to process, etc. Bird King guy & vblank clearly weren't charging enough to cover paying anyone to actually work to pack the games for shipping. But then they keep the profits from their games selling. A better comparison would be fangamer.

Daily pickups from the post office are free. Only usps and fedex charge pickup fees.
Don't you have to have a local post office that will agree and has the capacity for daily pickups though? I know the local post office where my parents live in the suburbs of Southern California will only pick up once a week for business customers. At least that's what they were told a few months before the pandemic.

This thread is for complaining about LRG never having any good deals.   I think the LRG supporters might need to leave and start their discussion in a more appropriate place.  :wave:

Glad your tracking updated. I've had LRG orders where the tracking never updated an the item just showed up one day. It may be a bit unnerving being left in the dark on the tracking side... but the consensus here is "you will eventually get your shit" and I think that's mostly still true. You just have to be prepared to wait and not know what's happening for a long time. It's like ordering something from China. Thankfully right now I have no orders (not even preorders) in at any online sites. It's a nice feeling not having to think about this stuff.
Its actually a bit worse than ordering from China as if you place a pre order with play asia, pretty sure you will get it quicker than any of your LRG orders.

bread's done
Back