Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Did they also include those in blind boxes? Shameful, if they did.

Didn't they also, at the time of release, have a bundle of it and the hot selling title (Wonderboy I believe?)? So when the standard editions of Wonderboy sold out people were forced to buy the bundle with that turd Lawbreakers. Also, shameful.
I know they baited people into buying Lawbreakers on one of the last big collection releases to try to stop scalpers, I dont remember which CE it was but the original link ended up carting Lawbreakers instead of the real CE that they waited until the release time to put up

I know they baited people into buying Lawbreakers on one of the last big collection releases to try to stop scalpers, I dont remember which CE it was but the original link ended up carting Lawbreakers instead of the real CE that they waited until the release time to put up
It was Jak and Daxter Collector's Edition bundle during the Blowout Sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
LawBreakers

It died so quick... it went free-to-play on Steam as well.

Always weigh out what you are buying... the fact this was an online required game to even work should have steered most people from buying it.  But people were duped into it... especially those that thought anything could be flipped to ebay for a profit.  I'm actually surprised people are still buying the game on ebay for $20... and up to $50 for the collectors version.

I always wanted to play Lawbreakers but didn't have a ps4 when it came out. Gears of War 3 is one of the best videogames I ever played and I was on that for 5+ years. I never thought Cliffy B's follow up would vanish so fast.

That said, I'm scouring ebay to see if I can get a Lawbreakers LE for $20!!

LawBreakers

Always weigh out what you are buying... the fact this was an online required game to even work should have steered most people from buying it. But people were duped into it... especially those that thought anything could be flipped to ebay for a profit. I'm actually surprised people are still buying the game on ebay for $20... and up to $50 for the collectors version.
How many actually bought it because they wanted it vs buying it because it was bundled with more desirable titles though? I'm surprised LRG would bother with another online game.

LawBreakers

Always weigh out what you are buying... the fact this was an online required game to even work should have steered most people from buying it. But people were duped into it... especially those that thought anything could be flipped to ebay for a profit. I'm actually surprised people are still buying the game on ebay for $20... and up to $50 for the collectors version.
I wonder if those are just full set collectors scooping them up. Though at this point I have to wonder how many full set PS4 collectors there are considering the sheer number of releases, including many of the limited variety.

I wonder if those are just full set collectors scooping them up. Though at this point I have to wonder how many full set PS4 collectors there are considering the sheer number of releases, including many of the limited variety.
I can't imagine there are that many, yet there are a bunch of sold listings for the standard version sealed for ~$20. It was different with the Vita before LRG came along... the library was a little bit smaller than the Dreamcast and being a full set collector wasn't crazy and there were a pretty decent number of us in the game. Dreamcast was great fun to collect for and like the pre-lrg vita, most games were worth playing (even the licensed games). I can't imagine how these PS4 collectors have the stamina to keep up with everything. There are so many tiny publishers. Then you get garbage games on April Fools.

I didn't get Lawbreakers and won't get Among Us. But to be fair, Lawbreakers physical was pretty much already a Hail Mary to recoup money, while Among Us is already a smash hit. Albeit, it probably peaked already.

What exactly is the point of "preserving" online only games that will have their servers shut down in a few years? There were physical copies of MAG (now worthless) and Titanfall 1 (basically worthless by now) but no one acted like they were for preserving or collecting. I don't understand why anyone thought Lawbreakers having physical "limited" copies was a good idea in the first place.

Titanfall 1 still has players on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One (I should I know, I'm one of them).  But yeah, a limited physical to a game like Lawbreakers was just a way to squeeze some cash out of a dedicated fanbase.

What exactly is the point of "preserving" online only games that will have their servers shut down in a few years? There were physical copies of MAG (now worthless) and Titanfall 1 (basically worthless by now) but no one acted like they were for preserving or collecting. I don't understand why anyone thought Lawbreakers having physical "limited" copies was a good idea in the first place.
LRG wanted to release Lawbreakers because of the big name Gears of War guy CliffyB and money.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20210510-211207_Twitter.jpg

I hope limited run games makes a physical release for this
I'm sure LRG already has their greedy little paws into getting this game, though I am holding out hope LucasArts/Disney does what Disney did with The Lion King/Alladin release and lets it have a standard retail physical release.

Anyone remember what the last update was on the Scott Pilgrim Classic Edition? I know Standard was shipping, I'm moving in a couple weeks and wondering if I should change my address if I can.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Estimated Ship Date changed to June 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 182 (95.8%)
  • On Deck: 8 (4.2%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 113 (59.5%)
  • Q2 2021: 45 (23.7%)
  • May 2021: 7 (3.7%)
  • June 2021: 4 (2.1%)
  • Q1 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.1%)
  • October 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.5%)

not for sale yet

Observer: System Redux, the definitive vision of an award-winning cyberpunk thriller and one of the first next-gen hit games now comes to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Both the digital and physical versions launch July 16th, 2021

Does anyone knows if Sam and max will be released on PS4? I'm thinking if I should buy the switch version or wait.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Ended up biting the bullet and preordered the standard version of Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Switch.  Preorders close June 27th and there's a 4 to 5 month estimate before shipping... which means at earliest it's Halloween... but probably won't make that and will be near the end of November or sometime in December and get further delayed by shipping logistics during that time of year.  So maybe Jan/Feb 2022.   I resisted so many games... waited on BB for them... but this, I really wanted to lock in one and not have to deal with trying to get one later.

Best Buy isn't mentioned at the moment, but that's changed before, even after the preorder period has closed for some games.
Yeah like with Bloodstained COTM 2 they added BestBuy to the listing I think about a week after going live. I'll be surprised if it isn't sold there.

Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 182 (94.8%)
  • On Deck: 10 (5.2%)

• TBD: 115 (59.9%)
  • Q2 2021: 43 (22.4%)
  • May 2021: 6 (3.1%)
  • June 2021: 4 (2.1%)
  • Q1 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • October 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • Q2 2020: 1 (0.5%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.5%)

Estimated Ship Date changed to May 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to July 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 183 (95.3%)
  • On Deck: 9 (4.7%)

• TBD: 93 (48.4%)
  • Q2 2021: 45 (23.4%)
  • August 2021: 13 (6.8%)
  • May 2021: 11 (5.7%)
  • July 2021: 6 (3.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 5 (2.6%)
  • June 2021: 3 (1.6%)