Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
if you missed out on Observer

185811682_4355910007775789_4991997099581829907_n.jpg
Any idea on price?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I read through the tweet thread on that damaged Astro City Mini situation.  Josh chimed in and they are going to open a sealed one and send the guy the box.  Shame it came to this, but at least the guy is getting taken care of.

As for this changing my stance on LRG... naw, I wouldn't have ever ordered this from them in the first place when it was in stock on Amazon Japan and would arrive way before the LRG version.  I try to just stick with standard versions.  I might still end up with a crushed case or something... but it's rare I order directly from them anyway (would rather go through BB if possible).

I read through the tweet thread on that damaged Astro City Mini situation. Josh chimed in and they are going to open a sealed one and send the guy the box. Shame it came to this, but at least the guy is getting taken care of.

As for this changing my stance on LRG... naw, I wouldn't have ever ordered this from them in the first place when it was in stock on Amazon Japan and would arrive way before the LRG version. I try to just stick with standard versions. I might still end up with a crushed case or something... but it's rare I order directly from them anyway (would rather go through BB if possible).
I don't understand why they clearly said on the box they wouldn't replace it if it was damaged, also Josh said they would have to ship the person an emptied box? they can't just take a fucking return? why do you people here still support this shit

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1397268749191979018

The Astro City Mini situation is just a mess. The only thing unique about their offering versus Sega's is the packaging and they're refusing to replace that. Not to mention the lazy-ass creased stickers they threw on the boxes or waiting to ship them despite apparently being "on hand".

But I honestly can't say I'm surprised by them at this point.

Love how Josh says "egregious enough" that it will be replaced. What is considered not egregious enough on an overpriced collector's item? Hey, if you don't have enough to do replacements, then effin box them properly to begin with. It's not that hard to use better quality boxes to ship expensive products in. I ordered from Amazon JP and got an extra controller to boot, shipped, cheaper than ordering from LRG.

Love how Josh says "egregious enough" that it will be replaced. What is considered not egregious enough on an overpriced collector's item? Hey, if you don't have enough to do replacements, then effin box them properly to begin with. It's not that hard to use better quality boxes to ship expensive products in. I ordered from Amazon JP and got an extra controller to boot, shipped, cheaper than ordering from LRG.
Hell Amazon jp shrink wraps products then puts them in boxes. Amazon jp knows very well how to ship stuff over seas

I remember back in the day, I received a copy of a Vita game (wanna say it was Rainbow Moon) and there was small rip in the shrinkwrap. I contacted them and they told me I could return for a replacement copy.

Crazy how far they've come since then... and this is AFTER jacking up shipping prices.

The hits keep on coming

https://twitter.com/WhimsicalPhil/status/1397293720932806661
This one hurts- because I ordered the mega-bundle AND some extras. Seeing how bad their CS is over these two matters makes me regret such a large order if that box ends up like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Shantae big box today and was glad to see everything arrived in one piece.

Sad to realize I never ordered the Pirate's Curse CE back in 2018 or whatever. It's apparently selling for $1,000+ on Ebay.

Half-Genie Hero never got a big box CE, right? Just the Xssed/PQube Day One Ultimate Edition?

Hell Amazon jp shrink wraps products then puts them in boxes. Amazon jp knows very well how to ship stuff over seas
I ordered the collectors edition of Moon on the Switch, and Amazon jp sent it in a flimsy recycled paper mailer (1mm thick if lucky). Box was lightly crushed. (Surprised it wasn’t more crushed, honestly, with how inadequate that packaging was over overseas shipping.) So, no, they’re not as amazing as you think.

I ordered the collectors edition of Moon on the Switch, and Amazon jp sent it in a flimsy recycled paper mailer (1mm thick if lucky). Box was lightly crushed. (Surprised it wasn’t more crushed, honestly, with how inadequate that packaging was over overseas shipping.) So, no, they’re not as amazing as you think.
Are you sure you bought it from Amazon.jp or a reseller?

For the record, if you're looking for reseller deals, anything from *Blank*OFF (ex. BOOKOFF, HARDOFF, HOBBYOFF), that is a known used goods chain (they call them recycle shops) and typically always have great stuff. I got my copy of Moon from a BOOKOFF sale for like $50 w/ shipping, and it arrived in great condition.

I have made three purchases from LRG, all standard editions, and so far the only delivery I have received came okay. I will try to wait for Best Buy releases, otherwise. I generally skip CEs as most are useless tat sold to hypebeasts (my opinion), but I also bought the White Snow version for Nier Replicant for the soundtrack... so yea.

Amazon Japan used to be amazing with packing but I been hearing they are not doing a good job lately.

This is pretty standard fare for them, the "egregious" part was probably the publicity.

Also looks like there are issues with the internal pieces of the recent Shantae CEs. They really just don't seem to try anymore:

I'm guessing most of these will stay sealed and people won't notice, but if you bought one it may be worth opening it to double check.

I have an idea. Clearly we aren't paying enough for shipping costs to give these people thier living wages and they are very disaffected. Let's just give them MORE money!!

Got my Shantae big box today and was glad to see everything arrived in one piece.

Sad to realize I never ordered the Pirate's Curse CE back in 2018 or whatever. It's apparently selling for $1,000+ on Ebay.

Half-Genie Hero never got a big box CE, right? Just the Xssed/PQube Day One Ultimate Edition?
Yep. It's kind of neat seeing all 5 games on one system but I'm still marginally bothered that HGH has the Xseed logo since that's the only non-LRG published one... LOL Still, I remember when Risky's Revenge game out on the DSi eShop and I never thought that would get a physical release... or that there's be more Shantae games. And here I am knee deep in Shantae stuff.

I have an idea. Clearly we aren't paying enough for shipping costs to give these people thier living wages and they are very disaffected. Let's just give them MORE money!!
In their defense, the shipping boxes and materials they use are pretty good quality. Fact is stuff just gets damaged by carriers sometimes... but with that said, I'm pretty sure there's blanket insurance on business shipments.

The Shantae one doesn't look like LRG's fault since the brown shipping box is beat to hell. Wouldn't it be return item to LRG and LRG gets payment from UPS - then LRG either refunds customer or ships replacement item?

The Astro City Mini one above is nuts though appears to be resolving with Josh's action. Sega didn't provide any empty replacement boxes?? Or LRG didn't ask for any? 

This is pretty standard fare for them, the "egregious" part was probably the publicity.

Also looks like there are issues with the internal pieces of the recent Shantae CEs. They really just don't seem to try anymore:

I'm guessing most of these will stay sealed and people won't notice, but if you bought one it may be worth opening it to double check.
Similar to how the inside of my 'Streets of Rage 4' collectors (whatever) edition was damaged. So there's clearly a negative trend here and LRG is not that interested in fixing it.

That's sad. I understand if a box gets crushed by the carrier it's not really LRG's fault (assuming it was packed well). But if the inside parts are all ripped up and the outside looks fine, there's a strong possibility the person packing these up knew there was damage and put together the CE anyway. Looking at the pictures, it's not like it's just one small tear.. the cardboard inside is totally ripped up in multiple places. Perhaps since most people keep these sealed, they thought most people wouldn't notice. Hopefully that's not the case though because that would be pretty unethical. It will be interesting to see if they take care of people who experience this problem.

20210526-173902418-i-OS.jpg

No street dates yet but lately it's been 2 weeks after stock starts showing up in stores.

The hits keep on coming

https://twitter.com/WhimsicalPhil/status/1397293720932806661
That's Phil from Player One Podcast. Love those guys!

I think Phil literally buys everything (or almost everything) that LRG makes. If LRG has half a brain, they'll make that right for him.

That's sad. I understand if a box gets crushed by the carrier it's not really LRG's fault (assuming it was packed well). But if the inside parts are all ripped up and the outside looks fine, there's a strong possibility the person packing these up knew there was damage and put together the CE anyway. Looking at the pictures, it's not like it's just one small tear.. the cardboard inside is totally ripped up in multiple places. Perhaps since most people keep these sealed, they thought most people wouldn't notice. Hopefully that's not the case though because that would be pretty unethical. It will be interesting to see if they take care of people who experience this problem.
I'm just gonna say it- I'm sure they know 90% of people don't open their CEs and prob don't care and just pack and ship damaged items.

I'm just gonna say it- I'm sure they know 90% of people don't open their CEs and prob don't care and just pack and ship damaged items.
I think this might be true. I had a dispute with LRG last year because my Streets of Rage 4 Genesis Edition didn't have the actual Streets of Rage 4 cart in the box. Now I open up everything I get from LRG or any of these on demand publishers.

Yikes - I never thought of that! That's so true. As I've said before, I play what I buy so of course, everything gets opened.

Selling funkos was the worst decision of my life, can't stand the buyers for crazy collector context

Those inner trays aren’t very strong and probably cheap. I bought the MGS HD Collection LE from Zavvi way back when and the inner tray was pretty much the same as the ones being used here. Outer packaging was fine, but the tray was trashed. The game case probably gets jostled around during shipping and the tray isn’t strong enough to secure it. That results in the tray getting wrecked.

I think this might be true. I had a dispute with LRG last year because my Streets of Rage 4 Genesis Edition didn't have the actual Streets of Rage 4 cart in the box. Now I open up everything I get from LRG or any of these on demand publishers.
damn that sucks. i havent open a single game from them. not even the Collector's Edition of Lawbreakers. LOL

bread's done
Back