Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm not saying they won't release all 5 games, I'm talking about all the other stuff (the merch). Like the clothing, stickers, etc. If the sales goo well this round, I'd wager they'll add more stuff next round.
$350 for the mega bundle is insane. Makes me not want to even dip my toe beyond the standard edition, or else you're in for close to $2000 worth of Shantae stuff by the time all 5 games are released (over $2000 after taxes and shipping).

It’s been roughly a month since my Obra Dinn CE Switch shipping label was generated. I logged in today to see if anything looked different and it shows no record of the tracking number now. Another support call….

It’s been roughly a month since my Obra Dinn CE Switch shipping label was generated. I logged in today to see if anything looked different and it shows no record of the tracking number now. Another support call….
I contacted them end of June for the same reason, they told me to reach out if I don't get it early this month. Reached out 2 days ago, no response still.

When it was stuck, was it stuck on "en route to DHL distribution center"?

that's where my Mummy Demastered is stuck, but it's only been a week as of now.

Yeah at the time it was “en route”, the first support message they sent me said there was a “hold up” and the games were being sent out in batches. They said to wait til the second week of July to see if there were any changes but I messaged again after the tracking disappeared from their system.

From my last correspondence with them regarding the Obra CE, they said the current DHL tracking number/label printed showing on the order page will be replaced by a new number once it finally "ships".

So it's been a long time since I got anything from LRG. They just kinda went downhill imo and I stopped supporting them. But when I heard they were doing a limited run of the 2 No More Hero games I decided to bite and got the double pack of collectors editions. pissed me off that shortly after physical copies from other companies got announced but whatever.

Anyway I got my copies in the mail sometime this past week (I ship to my parents house) and just checked em out and... I gotta say glad I ordered. Really nice set ups. The steel books are absolutely stunning, the games are yanno the games, but I'm thrilled to see the soundtracks are like... The full actual soundtrack 3 CD sets a piece. I was worried they'd be a single disc of the best tracks but these seem to be the full thing which makes me hyped. The behind the scenes books, while not big at all, do seem nice too so I'm actually pretty content with it. And the trading cards I got with it are beautiful, way nicer than the older cards. Actually pretty glad I ordered them.

Side note I noticed I still have a bunch of those old LRG reward tickets that I never did anything with. The site says it's a dead system. Nothing to do with these right?

So it's been a long time since I got anything from LRG. They just kinda went downhill imo and I stopped supporting them. But when I heard they were doing a limited run of the 2 No More Hero games I decided to bite and got the double pack of collectors editions. pissed me off that shortly after physical copies from other companies got announced but whatever.

Anyway I got my copies in the mail sometime this past week (I ship to my parents house) and just checked em out and... I gotta say glad I ordered. Really nice set ups. The steel books are absolutely stunning, the games are yanno the games, but I'm thrilled to see the soundtracks are like... The full actual soundtrack 3 CD sets a piece. I was worried they'd be a single disc of the best tracks but these seem to be the full thing which makes me hyped. The behind the scenes books, while not big at all, do seem nice too so I'm actually pretty content with it. And the trading cards I got with it are beautiful, way nicer than the older cards. Actually pretty glad I ordered them.

Side note I noticed I still have a bunch of those old LRG reward tickets that I never did anything with. The site says it's a dead system. Nothing to do with these right?
I would just trash the tickets. Honestly the amount of tickets needed to even get the rewards was ridic

First time ordering a Collectors Edition from Limited Run Games, I was nervous since on Twitter there are a few folks who received crushed boxes with crushed Collectors Editions inside. Happy to see it came in tip top shape.

[attachment=35784:720F570A-E51D-48EB-AA29-C64480FE2A6C.jpeg]
[attachment=35785:1BF5B12F-5C1E-49B7-98E3-E5748799ABAB.jpeg]

So... what are my options if LRG is ignoring my follow up question to my ticket for 6 days (regarding the "shipped" Obra Dinn CE from a month ago)? Is that normal? 

I really don't want to have to figure out Twitter to get help. 

So... what are my options if LRG is ignoring my follow up question to my ticket for 6 days (regarding the "shipped" Obra Dinn CE from a month ago)? Is that normal?

My No more heroes CE came with shrink wrap torn. Cards were also damaged on corners. After contacting them with pics, I got below response after 10 days

I do apologize but the trading cards do not qualify for a courtesy replacement. We only do trading card replacements if they were damaged inside of a trading card protector while in transit. As for the shrinkwrap tear, I do apologize but we do not consider shrinkwrap imperfections as "damaged". We do recommend our customers adding trading card protectors for protection while they are in transit.

My No more heroes CE came with shrink wrap torn. Cards were also damaged on corners. After contacting them with pics, I got below response after 10 days

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I do apologize but the trading cards do not qualify for a courtesy replacement. We only do trading card replacements if they were damaged inside of a trading card protector while in transit. As for the shrinkwrap tear, I do apologize but we do not consider shrinkwrap imperfections as "damaged". We do recommend our customers adding trading card protectors for protection while they are in transit. [/size][/font]
Wtf so they want you to pay the additional 1.99 for card case, if that gets damaged you get a replacement but no card protector no replacement.

Honestly, Twitter proab best bet to get support they responded me same day. I also tagged @LimitedRunJosh to get help.

Speaking of cards, I had opened a ticket for a missing Shantae card and the replacement was sent on June 6th via DHL.  I still have yet to receive it and its mid-July.  Tracking last updated late June.  Yeah, DHL is awesome.  I still dont understand why they didn't just send the damn card via USPS first class as it likely would have been a lot cheaper and would have arrived within 5 days.

I also have yet to receive a shipping email since they switched to DHL. 

Speaking of cards, I had opened a ticket for a missing Shantae card and the replacement was sent on June 6th via DHL. I still have yet to receive it and its mid-July. Tracking last updated late June. Yeah, DHL is awesome. I still dont understand why they didn't just send the damn card via USPS first class as it likely would have been a lot cheaper and would have arrived within 5 days.

I also have yet to receive a shipping email since they switched to DHL.
That just proves they are trying every way to save money as much as possible, they are making so much money off of people yet they can't properly handle stuff like this. Sad.

They're not ignoring you, they're just swamped with tickets. LRG employees are now working overtime to get through their ticket backlog. I expect you'll get a response soon. My Obra Dinn CE hasn't shipped either. It was expected to have been shipped by last week. They put a priority on shipping out Scott Pilgrim (classic edition is now shipping) and No More Heroes, so hopefully once they finish these they'll go back and handle some of the outstanding orders.

Wtf so they want you to pay the additional 1.99 for card case, if that gets damaged you get a replacement but no card protector no replacement.
The problem I see is that especially with their crazy price CEs they are going for the luxury market. Because paying $200 for a CE is a luxury. But then they adopt the bargain airline practice of nickel and diming you for every little thing to protect said item. Anyone paying that much for a CE expects it to arrive undamaged, just build the price in.

I also wonder if their rates for insuring their items has gone up because of claims because it feels like there is a lot more pushback and claims of them not viewing things as damage.

Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 185 (93.4%)
  • On Deck: 13 (6.6%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 92 (46.5%)
  • July 2021: 41 (20.7%)
  • August 2021: 23 (11.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 9 (4.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 7 (3.5%)
  • 2021: 6 (3.0%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q2 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • May 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Why don't they just take a break on releasing more games until they can get caught up on shipping?
tenor.gif

I agree, it is funny. But that's usually what businesses do if they are too overwhelmed. They need to either expand by hiring more people or whatever or cut back. I am just wondering what their reasoning is here.

I agree, it is funny. But that's usually what businesses do if they are too overwhelmed. They need to either expand by hiring more people or whatever or cut back. I am just wondering what their reasoning is here.
Any changes now will only take effect six months or more from now... and they probably need whatever they pull in from current sales to keep the non-shipping staff paid. Really they should divert some of the regular staff over to shipping... though knowing LRG they would just re-assign the customer support worker(s?).

Been noticing that on desk number going higher and higher... can't wait to see what they blame the shipping delay excuses on this time.
I still remember them trying to pass off COVID as the reason everything was backed up last Spring. Ironically, then the backlog was half of what it is now. As annoying as it was to scrape their site, I'm glad I made the update posts I used to in here to visualize the point.

This post says it better than I can, and I will always refer back to it: https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/j1n85f/limitedrungames_is_poorly_managed_incompetent_or/

Ok so maybe some good news- I have a USPS package being delivered today from Raleigh, NC. If I remember correctly, LRG is in NC so I'm hoping this is my Obra Dinn CE/Papers Please package. 

Like someone else posted before, the previous DHL tracking was removed from my account but nothing new has been added but I'm not sure what else this package could be. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so maybe some good news- I have a USPS package being delivered today from Raleigh, NC. If I remember correctly, LRG is in NC so I'm hoping this is my Obra Dinn CE/Papers Please package.

Like someone else posted before, the previous DHL tracking was removed from my account but nothing new has been added but I'm not sure what else this package could be.
do you have a account on LRG site just check your order there

do you have a account on LRG site just check your order there
I do but it seems pretty wrong... it used to say fulfilled/green before with the DHL tracking number that showed no activity. Then A few days ago, that tracking was simply gone and it went back to being red/unfulfilled. Now it's green/ready but no tracking number.

Plus LRG site doesn't keep me logged in. I log in, click my account where I can see my orders... and then I click one of the orders to see it's status, and then I have to either put in my email again or re-log in, before I go back to my account and click on an order to finally see it. Not sure if that's just me but this happens with both my work and personal computers.

Plus LRG site doesn't keep me logged in. I log in, click my account where I can see my orders... and then I click one of the orders to see it's status, and then I have to either put in my email again or re-log in, before I go back to my account and click on an order to finally see it. Not sure if that's just me but this happens with both my work and personal computers.
Same with me.

Welp, I just got a shipping notice from LRG for my Obra Dinn CE/Papers Please Vita... and USPS still hasn't delivered my mail from earlier today so I have no clue what's coming since it's def not Obra Dinn/Papers Please. 

EDIT* it was Green Lava Studios, LOL, forgot I ordered that. 

i have that same problem with that site

Be careful what you're asking for. If they hire more people they will need to release more games to pay their salaries. I wish they would cut back as they release way too much stuff, but it won't happen. They need to keep their current pace to pay their 60+ employees. LRG pays their employees decent wages plus benefits.

bread's done
Back