Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Making games more available/accessible is inherently good. My two complains about LRG doing this are:

1. Opportunity cost: <snip>
  2. The model doesn't meet demand: <snip>
There's also the angle that it's predatory - making the new CEs marginally better than previous CEs or the whole statue acrylic thing is just banking on people being compulsive. But I feel like that's more a criticism of LRG's audience than the company themselves.
1. Yeah that's a big deal but we can't run their company for them. The problem isn't PS5 ports, it's LRG's inadequate shipping department and LRG as a company themselves. To the person that just got their first serious console and it's a PS5, these re-releases are a bonus to save them from having to go back and get the ps4 versions. Though really they could also just go digital and save a fortune.

2. Pretty true for anything niche, low print, or that sells out after the bulk of demand is met. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was on the market for quite a long time and demand for it just spiked thanks to Smash Bros and people realized it's a great game. There will always be games people aren't around to buy because they got the system late or just didn't think the game was for them and then realized later it was. Not really a good reason to not do PS5 releases.

The predatory side is something individuals have to deal with. It's nothing new to the market to sell an item and throw in a bonus that when you buy all the items that becomes something bigger. They do this with action figures... give you some main character and then part of a bigger figure so maybe you'll buy the whole set. Some people enjoy it in a healthy way... some people are obsessive to the point it'll drive them nuts not getting all of the parts. The latter need to spend a lot of time either in therapy or doing some deep reflection about why they can't let go and just enjoy the bits and pieces that they enjoy.

Please tell us more about how LRG is "forcing people" to buy stuff.
Strider was 100% being sarcastic. Jurai though no.

They're feeding on people who have fomo, don't fucking act like it's not a thing
That's like any product from any company that people collect. I was watching part of a hoarders episode where they were trying to just get the yard clear to bring stuff out of the house to sort and the wife was saying about how rare a beat up rusted blue red ryder wagon was and how you wouldn't find one of those. People are sick... they need help. FOMO hits the same people that see a sale and can't resist it. Weather that be to add something to game collection they could never fully play in their life time... or clothes from the weekly one day only sale or whatever when they have closets full and no where to really put them.

That's like any product from any company that people collect. I was watching part of a hoarders episode where they were trying to just get the yard clear to bring stuff out of the house to sort and the wife was saying about how rare a beat up rusted blue red ryder wagon was and how you wouldn't find one of those. People are sick... they need help. FOMO hits the same people that see a sale and can't resist it. Weather that be to add something to game collection they could never fully play in their life time... or clothes from the weekly one day only sale or whatever when they have closets full and no where to really put them.
Let's not act like there are specific products and marketing teams that ratchet it up to 11 to take advantage of a wider base. Like all for-profit companies that take advantage of such human behaviorism traits, it's not a matter of someone is prone to FOMO or not, it's a sliding scale.

One day you could be fine, and another product or service could hook you. It's pretty easy to see in most modern AAA games and the mobile space, but the physical product market has been running on it for years.

But just because "other people do it," doesn't mean it is correct. And then you get hot takes of those blaming the victim of the circumstance instead of holding companies accountable. Also because most of the USA, and other nations, pay nothing but lip service to mental help problems. The ability to get therapy is likely a much higher and harder barrier to entry than buying one more collectors edition.

It's not the hill to die on for problems of LRG, but it's certainly a very real and very modern problem, but one that needs fixed across the board. Just don't downplay it and think it's just something you saw on a reality TV show.

What's the problem with PS5 versions of games being made? I'm all for adding to my pile of reasons to dislike LRG, but if I am to get upset with them for this then I might as well be upset with pretty much every other game publisher that has a last gen game on the current gen system. Pretty sure that's every major publisher at this point.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Shantae games were literally PS4 versions on PS5 disks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Shantae games were literally PS4 versions on PS5 disks.
I don't think there's any major upgrade in the PS5 versions. I'd imagine the PS5 versions won't play on PS4. It's a game on a disc. I still don't see this as a real issue. We've had PS2 games ported to PS4 where it's the same game code running through an emulator. We get collections of old games ported to new systems without any changes. We get indie games come out on every system despite being old the old systems.

It's not the hill to die on for problems of LRG, but it's certainly a very real and very modern problem, but one that needs fixed across the board. Just don't downplay it and think it's just something you saw on a reality TV show.
It's a problem I suffered from myself. I know it's real. It's a personal issue. Mine started because I grew up without being able to really own many games... I felt like I was deprived, so when I had money I started to self correct what I thought was a problem. Looking back now, with a healthier frame of mind, I wasn't deprived as a kid with playing games. Sure I didn't own every cool game that I wanted to play, but we rented a lot of games through the years and I played much of the great stuff well before my bargain hunting game buying allowed me to build a big collection.

Do companies exploit this? Sure. None more than the freemium developers that hire psychologist to help come up with ways to make games more addictive so people will throw their money at them. Is LRG doing this, I don't think they are doing that as much as trying to do something to make some money and give the fans of games something cool to own.

One of my hooks though on owning physical games is the attachment of "value" to physical items. I can always sell off games. I've not 100% beat this compulsion for physical games and media. But I've come around to buying digital when the games get super cheap and sticking with physical for my favorite series and games that just tick a lot of boxes that I'm planning to play immediately. I'm trying to only buy older games when I'm really into a series and tracking down copies of the old games makes sense.

I'm also working to part with the bulk of my physical collection. I haven't counted the games... but lets say there are 800 across a bunch of systems... I'm aiming for around 100... and then to continue shrinking that as I make the time to play and finish (or play enough that I'm done with) them.... keeping only stuff I'll replay or that I just really want to keep.

There's a big difference between companies releasing HD or updated versions on games from old consoles years later when you're only choice is to play a graphically outdated version on old hardware that can break anytime versus LRG releasing the same exact game with the same exact cover on another console with no other reason to exist other than to take advantage of obsessive collectors. Capcom released HD versions of some of their best games last generation but that actually made sense because the only other way to play them was on old PS2 hardware and whatnot versus updated versions on new consoles with HD graphics (for budget prices, no less). Most people don't even open the LRG if you go by eBay listings. It also makes you feel like you got ripped off when you just bought the PS4 version and a year later a PS5 version is released. What's the point of buying a physical copy when a slightly better one will be released a year later with a few new features? I can understand GOTY games doing this because people actually play those but it makes the whole "forever physical" tagline a joke when you get Shenmue III Complete Edition and PS5 rereleases with a few new features shortly after you already blew cash on the previous LRG versions. Not to mention we're starting to see regular stores bundle these games (such as Republic Commando and Racer Revenge for $30) and they might actually get you before the LRG version comes.

Let's not act like there are specific products and marketing teams that ratchet it up to 11 to take advantage of a wider base.  Like all for-profit companies that take advantage of such human behaviorism traits, it's not a matter of someone is prone to FOMO or not, it's a sliding scale.

One day you could be fine, and another product or service could hook you.  It's pretty easy to see in most modern AAA games and the mobile space, but the physical product market has been running on it for years.

But just because "other people do it," doesn't mean it is correct.   And then you get hot takes of those blaming the victim of the circumstance instead of holding companies accountable.  Also because most of the USA, and other nations, pay nothing but lip service to mental help problems.  The ability to get therapy is likely a much higher and harder barrier to entry than buying one more collectors edition.

It's not the hill to die on for problems of LRG, but it's certainly a very real and very modern problem, but one that needs fixed across the board.  Just don't downplay it and think it's just something you saw on a reality TV show. 

Sadly when you get older you realize that this how the world works. Everyone is looking to take advantage of you and no one means what they say. It's like when people say that men should speak up and get help for problems yet if you admit weakness to anyone you will be looked at like a loser and those same people will avoid you. It's like how LRG says they're for the people but in Discord I've seen one of the main employees acting arrogant and nasty to people who had concerns about one of the versions of their games having less content than the original. Virtue signal in public but then be a complete jerk in private and take advantage of collectors who most likely have undiagnosed mental health conditions. It's very sad but this is how it seems like most things go these days. Also, the worst excuses I've read are "other people do it" or "they can do what they want". That might be true but that doesn't mean what they're doing is right.

I can understand GOTY games doing this
GOTY is another scam... they put out an incomplete game, then sell you a season pass (sometimes multiple season passes) to get the content that should have been built into the game to begin with... and then when they finally milked the fans all they can they throw out a GOTY edition for those that waited and the obsessive that want a "complete" copy... and most of the time the GOTY edition still requires downloads to get all the content.

I'm not saying I'm against GOTY editions... but just that they should face the same level of scrutiny.

There's a big difference between companies releasing HD or updated versions on games from old consoles years later when you're only choice is to play a graphically outdated version on old hardware that can break anytime versus LRG releasing the same exact game with the same exact cover on another console with no other reason to exist other than to take advantage of obsessive collectors. Capcom released HD versions of some of their best games last generation but that actually made sense because the only other way to play them was on old PS2 hardware and whatnot versus updated versions on new consoles with HD graphics (for budget prices, no less). Most people don't even open the LRG if you go by eBay listings. It also makes you feel like you got ripped off when you just bought the PS4 version and a year later a PS5 version is released. What's the point of buying a physical copy when a slightly better one will be released a year later with a few new features? I can understand GOTY games doing this because people actually play those but it makes the whole "forever physical" tagline a joke when you get Shenmue III Complete Edition and PS5 rereleases with a few new features shortly after you already blew cash on the previous LRG versions. Not to mention we're starting to see regular stores bundle these games (such as Republic Commando and Racer Revenge for $30) and they might actually get you before the LRG version comes.
Exactly ! And to add insult to injury LRG doesn’t event tell you! It’s gotten so bad with LRG you are often paying them double for something that will take twice as long to get to you! A few examples…..

Blaster Master trilogy
Star Wars Republic (30 for one game or 15 as a combo)
Always awakening
Huntdown

Who in their right mind would ever buy from LRG? I guess that’s why I see more and more comments from people buying from Best Buy and Play Asia. I personally am getting more and more paranoid as their backlog piles up. Every week they release multiple SKUs and yet when I order something it takes an average of 6 months to ship. That’s a house of cards just waiting to collapse.

GOTY is another scam... they put out an incomplete game, then sell you a season pass (sometimes multiple season passes) to get the content that should have been built into the game to begin with... and then when they finally milked the fans all they can they throw out a GOTY edition for those that waited and the obsessive that want a "complete" copy... and most of the time the GOTY edition still requires downloads to get all the content.

I'm not saying I'm against GOTY editions... but just that they should face the same level of scrutiny.
For me it depends on the games. DLC that is on the disc but locked out later is bad as well as vouchers that require downloads. Some GOTY versions, however, contain large expansions and hours of content that was added later and is on disc. But none of them that I've ever seen have added as little content as the LRG rereleases do. Resident Evil 5 on the PS4 and Xbox One was what, like $20, physical, contained the DLC and HD graphics. That is a reasonable way to do things versus taking advantage of people that have the obsessive need to collect everything.

Exactly ! And to add insult to injury LRG doesn’t event tell you! It’s gotten so bad with LRG you are often paying them double for something that will take twice as long to get to you! A few examples…..

Blaster Master trilogy
Star Wars Republic (30 for one game or 15 as a combo)
Always awakening
Huntdown

Who in their right mind would ever buy from LRG? I guess that’s why I see more and more comments from people buying from Best Buy and Play Asia. I personally am getting more and more paranoid as their backlog piles up. Every week they release multiple SKUs and yet when I order something it takes an average of 6 months to ship. That’s a house of cards just waiting to collapse.
I finally got over my need to have all NTSC games thanks to this. I'd rather take my time and decide if I want a game and have a chance to buy the Asia or PEGI version later on than be forced to rush out and buy the NTSC release from LRG for FOMO reasons. Plus I'm starting to think it's cool to have a mix of different regions in my collection. In most cases the only difference between the versions is a PEGI logo vs an NTSC logo and maybe a different spine. But it's worth dealing with that and saving money and having the chance to buy stuff when you want it versus feeling forced to buy it now or missing out.

The LRG guys for some reason had a different vibe when they started out. They seemed to genuinely want to appeal to collectors and preserve games that otherwise would be digitally only. It might have been an act but at least they were good at pretending if that was the case. They got more successful eventually and their attitudes changed to the point where I see one of them being very arrogant to people online and acting like a know it all. I believe he even said that he doesn't care about preservation or something to that effect and mocked people who complained about games they're releasing being censored and having less content. It's sad how some people start acting once they have power over you but it really shows someone's character.

It's sad how some people start acting once they have power over you but it really shows someone's character.
Josh has pretty much been a dick the whole time.

My key measures for shopping with LRG are more basic...

1. Do I really want the game, or am I getting hyped for no good reason... should I just go digital? Is it worth the up-charge?

2. Am I willing to wait 6 months to a year... will I lose interest by then? How bad do I really want this game? Is it worth the hassle?

3. Is BB going to carry it... or is there going to be an international version that will come out sooner? Should I just wait.

4. How much headspace am I renting to these open orders? Is it worth adding this to the nagging feeling I get for unfulfilled and fully paid preorders?

Often times I don't make it past #2

#4 is the ultimate test because I know myself well... and knowing I can't cancel later, it'll bother me having given up money and having nothing to show for it for a very long time. So now it's VERY rare I order directly from LRG.

The only way LRG is going to stop these practices is if people stop buying their stuff.  If they re-release a PS5 game and only sell 100 copies, they may reconsider it in the future.  However if people continue to buy them, of course they will keep making the games.  If they are still around when PS6 comes around we may very well see the same games again.

The only way LRG is going to stop these practices is if people stop buying their stuff. If they re-release a PS5 game and only sell 100 copies, they may reconsider it in the future. However if people continue to buy them, of course they will keep making the games. If they are still around when PS6 comes around we may very well see the same games again.
I think this is really the crux of the matter. A lot of us here have similar but not identical feelings about how LRG has been operating for the past few years. But stuff continues to sell (in theory very well) so there's no real reason why they'd stop.

As time goes on though, I'm finding myself less and less interested in physical games and intrinsically LRG. nightc1's previous posts have portrayed my experience with burnout pretty well so I won't reiterate what he's already effectively articulated. Maybe one day enough people will follow suit that it does start to hurt their bottom line.

Not to say that we can't or shouldn't continue to call them out - if nothing else, I enjoy the discussions and commiseration here. Plus it's a good source of info for those that are interested in understanding the state of affairs as they progressed. But game collecting as a whole feels like a far different hobby than it was five or six years ago.

Josh has pretty much been a dick the whole time.

My key measures for shopping with LRG are more basic...

1. Do I really want the game, or am I getting hyped for no good reason... should I just go digital? Is it worth the up-charge?

2. Am I willing to wait 6 months to a year... will I lose interest by then? How bad do I really want this game? Is it worth the hassle?

3. Is BB going to carry it... or is there going to be an international version that will come out sooner? Should I just wait.

4. How much headspace am I renting to these open orders? Is it worth adding this to the nagging feeling I get for unfulfilled and fully paid preorders?

Often times I don't make it past #2

#4 is the ultimate test because I know myself well... and knowing I can't cancel later, it'll bother me having given up money and having nothing to show for it for a very long time. So now it's VERY rare I order directly from LRG.
Also, the open preorder model actually helped me reassess a lot of my impulse purchases by giving me more time to decide if I really want something. I actually end up buying much less overall.

If I find I really want something I skipped, there is always the overstock sale in January and then I only have to wait 4 to 8 weeks for those in stock items to ship instead of waiting 9 months for them to birth. Keep in mind you have to be really prepared if you want to buy during that sale, there are only literal seconds to place an order, so nothing is guaranteed.

I only bought the Jedi Outcast\Academy set in 2020 and it took way longer to ship because of the fucking slipcase haha. Nothing this year so far.  Around 8 purchases in 2019. 

There have been several things in the past couple years that I'd want, but having to wait so long is the biggest reason why I rarely buy anything from LRG, or any of these limited companies. SLG is terrible as well. Ultracore was a debacle. My brother is still waiting for that giant Turrican CE from SLG.

Better to wait for certain LRG games at Best Buy knowing you can just pay for it when it's close to actually shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better to wait for certain LRG games at Best Buy knowing you can just pay for it when it's close to actually shipping.
...which is where I am, although the first time I tried to do that was with Scott Pilgrim, which I could've had months ago if I'd ordered from LRG, but instead I'm still waiting for them to go up on bestbuy.com. :p Oh well!

...which is where I am, although the first time I tried to do that was with Scott Pilgrim, which I could've had months ago if I'd ordered from LRG, but instead I'm still waiting for them to go up on bestbuy.com. :p Oh well!
I found that the nagging feeling I get waiting for games to show up on BB is almost as bad as waiting for LRG to fulfill a preorder. The plus side is I've changed my mind on most of what I thought I was interested in that BB would carry which has saved me money as well as helped me come to terms with why I'm even buying some games. Scott Pilgrim is a great example as the wait was too long I was able to rationalize how I've had it on PS3 for ages (and my PS3 currently is hooked up) and yet I've only played it a couple times at most. I need to stop getting hyped for stuff I have a history of not making the time to play.

Is there a complete list of Limited Run published titles available/previously available at Best Buy? Best Buy's website doesn't have an option to include titles that are out of stock like Target's website.

I plan on visiting a couple of Best Buy locations outside of my local Best Buy and don't want to miss out on any Limited Run titles still in-stock at these locations Thanks ahead.
Best I have is

• go to www.rfgeneration.com
  • find "Database Search" on the far right
  • type in "Best Buy Cover"
  • see 44 results
One is for a PSP game but the other 43 are LRG. It won't include any titles that had the same cover at LRG direct and BB.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 204 (86.1%)
  • On Deck: 33 (13.9%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 101 (42.6%)
  • October 2021: 25 (10.5%)
  • September 2021: 20 (8.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 17 (7.2%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.6%)
  • August 2021: 7 (3.0%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (3.0%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

No way! Shipping confirmation for Super Meat Boy Vita only 49 days after ordering!

I'm trying really hard to think of any other company that takes ~50 days to ship an in stock item, any ideas?

This is like an old school informercial... expect your item 6 to 8 weeks after we receive your check in the mail.

No way! Shipping confirmation for Super Meat Boy Vita only 49 days after ordering!

I'm trying really hard to think of any other company that takes ~50 days to ship an in stock item, any ideas?

This is like an old school informercial... expect your item 6 to 8 weeks after we receive your check in the mail.
I got my shipping confirmation too. Just the day before I was looking at the product page where it said shipping in "1 to 2 weeks," and had a good laugh.

Guess those shipping containers really had a hard time getting from their warehouse to their shipping department. /s

What a blow for those that paid the bucks for those scott pilgrim k.o. editions.
Yeah, that will make it what a year's wait time for that? Trying to dethrone Skullgirls for the title I guess?

Guess those shipping containers really had a hard time getting from their warehouse to their shipping department. /s
They needed the space in their sock draw back

You know the thing I always find funny about seeing things like this with shipping is just yesterday I saw two people on Twitter call them out for taking forever to ship out Super Meat Boy for vita.
The literal next day I get a shipping confirmation. I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not but it seems like one.

LRG makes me nostalgic for the good old days of ordering Sega Saturn games online. You would get your game in a month or two after ordering... IF you were lucky. And if it came damaged, they sent the wrong game, or it never arrived? Good luck actually getting a refund by that point. So LRG gives you the full old school experience with physical games and the old fashioned web 1.0 shady/nonexistent customer service and long wait times to match. They really nailed it!

The only thing that amazes and perplexes me out of any of this, is that there is still somehow 3,000 to 10,000 people that continue to buy every single game that they release.  It's astonishing.  How are there that many people buying this stuff?  How can there be that many people willing to put up with this obscene amount of 'bad business' tactics just because they think their full PS4 or Switch collections of shovelware games are going to be worth money down the line? Or because they have collector's OCD. It just seems like there are lots of people that have never been long-haul collectors or investors previously with comic books, baseball cards, or Magic and Pokemon cards.

Those days (of video games accruing value) are long over, folks. I would have thought these newspaper / blog stories about some old dude selling his entire vg collection for pennies on the dollar would have been an eye opener for people but apparently not. People read some snippet about a person selling some PSA graded NES game for 100k and they lose their minds. 

The only people driving the prices up (on Ebay) ARE these very same people buying everything from LRG right now; the ones buying the occasional title that they missed.  No one else is spending that kinda money on these titles.  No one is going to care about owning all these titles physically in five years.   The demand is entirely vapid.  Gone are the days of old PS1 and Sega Saturn games being worth lots of money only because they cannot be acquired or played any other way.   Well, these ecosystems are full digital now, and > 50% of new game sales are digital now too.  The vast majority of this stuff is going to be available to purchase digitally for pennies on the dollar for decades to come.

People look at recent sales on Ebay and think every game they buy is going to be worth that kind of money in the future.  But these are baseball cards.  It's the age old rule.  People simply don't understand that collectables are only worth what you can sell them for.   Are you able sell them?  No?  Well then it isn't worth squat.  This is 'pump & dump' investment at it's finest.  It's all artificial demand.  90%+ of these games are going to have beanie baby valuation 5-10 years from now.   No one is going to care.  People are spending 10s of thousands of dollars on investments that are certain to crash.  I thought folks would have figured it out as these titles keep on getting reprinted every time a new (Switch or PS5) system comes out. 

LRG has figured out how to sell boxes that would otherwise never sell at regular retail.

The problem is that you have to spend your cash on something, right? Many of us got into game collecting in the first place because we were rejected by society. Other people treated us like shit and ostracized so we got into collecting material items instead. Most of us that are collectors are either physically repulsive or really do have disorders or disabilities that makes other people bully us or reject us completely. Normies spend their money on vacations, new cars or whatever but if you have no social life none of that matters. So us, the social outcasts instead spend it on something we can enjoy and we share it with other social outcasts online. I've learned long ago that humans will let you down, abandon you, and abuse you but my game collection has always been there for me and is still there. I will never get rid of it and it is really the most important thing to me like it is for other collectors. They're just not willing to admit the harsh truth like I am. That's why you never hear about normies collecting LRG games. They only collect in a superficial way when it's popular and then move on to the next trend. Real collectors don't care if their Pokemon cards or games will be worthless one day, the items themselves are the value for them.

So the Star Wars collections of Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy & Racer/Republic Commando are no longer LRG exclusive. THQNordic/Embracer Group, who owns Aspyr, is putting those two packs out on PS4, possibly as GameStop exclusives.

Seems to be a SoR 4 situation all over again.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/star-wars-jedi-knight-collection---playstation-4/11158712.html
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/star-wars-racer-and-commando-combo---playstation-4/11158713.html

So the Star Wars collections of Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy & Racer/Republic Commando are no longer LRG exclusive. THQNordic/Embracer Group, who owns Aspyr, is putting those two packs out on PS4, possibly as GameStop exclusives.

Seems to be a SoR 4 situation all over again.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/star-wars-jedi-knight-collection---playstation-4/11158712.html
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/star-wars-racer-and-commando-combo---playstation-4/11158713.html
Noticed those games being put up this morning and was surprised. Glad I didn't get any of the LRG versions. Much better price by getting them from Gamestop. $60 for all 4 is a decent price. I already got burnt by paying double for Hotline Miami 1 and 2 from SRG via LRG, rather than waiting and getting the subsequent retail release of both games in one case for $30.

The fact that we're getting compilations released before we even receive our versions from LRG that we ordered months ago makes me worried about ordering games from them. For example, look at Turok 1 and 2 for the PS4 right now. Who is to say that we won't get a retail release of both games on one disc for $29.99 in a few months or even a PS5 release?

The problem is that you have to spend your cash on something, right? Many of us got into game collecting in the first place because we were rejected by society. Other people treated us like shit and ostracized so we got into collecting material items instead. Most of us that are collectors are either physically repulsive or really do have disorders or disabilities that makes other people bully us or reject us completely. Normies spend their money on vacations, new cars or whatever but if you have no social life none of that matters. So us, the social outcasts instead spend it on something we can enjoy and we share it with other social outcasts online. I've learned long ago that humans will let you down, abandon you, and abuse you but my game collection has always been there for me and is still there. I will never get rid of it and it is really the most important thing to me like it is for other collectors. They're just not willing to admit the harsh truth like I am. That's why you never hear about normies collecting LRG games. They only collect in a superficial way when it's popular and then move on to the next trend. Real collectors don't care if their Pokemon cards or games will be worthless one day, the items themselves are the value for them.
LOL

A+

Most of us that are collectors are either physically repulsive or really do have disorders or disabilities that makes other people bully us or reject us completely.
Most of us that are collectors are normal people who can engage in the collecting hobby in a healthy way.

I can type "facts" too.

I always enjoy seeing the photos of people trying to sell of LRG and similar limited print company game piles on Facebook groups.  The obvious select few (aka Shantae) will likely sell, but it always seems like the standard smattering of overpriced, giganto boxed limited editions and a bunch of C-tier indie games, all still in shrink wrap, don't move.

I would like to have a physical copy of Steamworld Heist on my shelf as a part of my collection.  Not spending $100 for it!

I have seen people try for months to move collections of these titles and they just don't.  And they are priced at "market rates" on eBay, too, not pie in the sky prices.

If you're buying these releases thinking they're going to be trade bait or valuable in the future, you've been sold the wrong story.  If you're buying them because you enjoy the products or franchises, then you're likely buying them for the right reason.

My Mayo Games (PS4) and The House of Fata Morgana (Switch) came in over the weekend.  Box wasn't crushed and even had some brown paper to keep them from rattling about.  Now it's just waiting on Bug Fables, for me.

If you're buying these releases thinking they're going to be trade bait or valuable in the future, you've been sold the wrong story. If you're buying them because you enjoy the products or franchises, then you're likely buying them for the right reason.
I very much agree. Games are not, and never have been, a good market for speculation. Only the flippers turn a profit, and I've voiced my disdain for flipping often enough.

Part of the reason why the speculation market for LRG titles has plateaued is that they simply have persisted in existing. The longer that LRG continues to operate, the more they simply become part of the norm, instead of a novelty. Small print-run titles seem desirable when there aren't very many of them and no one knows if the company producing them will still be around a year later. At this point, LRG has been around for a while, has produced tons of physical runs, and their business model is stable and reliable enough that they will likely be around for quite some time. They even have several competitors who have entered the same space, and are also persisting. This niche is proven viable, and likely always will be. There is nothing novel about it anymore, it is simply part of the market. It's at least partially thanks to this mundanity that the previously frothing demand in the second-hand market has dried up.

And honestly, I don't think anyone will really miss it. Screw flippers.

For instance, I'd like to trade my extra copy of Curse of the Moon 2 to someone who bought multiples of Curse of the Moon 1.  I missed out on that one and that was a mistake that I'm sad about.  You'd think that wouldn't be too hard to accomplish.  It shouldn't be too hard to find a trade partner in the inverse situation that forgot to order #2.  But we all know how people even here think about the valuation of their own items.  So it's not going to happen.  The people that condemn flipping behavior are the same ones that insist their items (that they aren't able to sell) are valued the same as items that are listed on Ebay. 

We all know what this is all about. 

Production Status changed to On Deck:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 204 (85.7%)
  • On Deck: 34 (14.3%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 102 (42.9%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.1%)
  • September 2021: 20 (8.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 17 (7.1%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.0%)