Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
They have a lot of stans who will buy any crap they ship in a case with a sticker and keychain. Really, 80% of what they release is just shovelware and unnecessary to be in physical media. I won’t even mention the markup many have between digital and physical.
Very true. I imagine there are lot of gamers out there with complete or almost complete LRG collections....

"Something something a fool and their money"

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2022:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 122 (48.4%)
  • Q2 2022: 70 (27.8%)
  • TBD: 38 (15.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.0%)
  • Q3 2022: 5 (2.0%)
  • December 2021: 4 (1.6%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • Dec 2021 / Jan 2022: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 251 (92.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 19 (7.0%)
  • Pre-production: 2 (0.7%)

Its ok that LRG releases a bunch of crap these days. Most of us order about 20% or less the total we use to at the beginning of this company. Saves money for the AAA games.

I don't know if I've just been lucky or if the aftermarket is finally starting to come to their senses.  I just picked up a sealed copy of Ms. Splosion Man for less than what it was for at release.  This is like the 3rd LRG title in the past couple of months that I've picked up on the aftermarket at a reasonable price.

I don't know if I've just been lucky or if the aftermarket is finally starting to come to their senses.  I just picked up a sealed copy of Ms. Splosion Man for less than what it was for at release.  This is like the 3rd LRG title in the past couple of months that I've picked up on the aftermarket at a reasonable price.
They flooded the market with so much crap that the LRG brand doesn't mean much anymore so the prices on many games are going down. 99% of the actual good LRG games are eventually released in some other form (often faster than you get the LRG version) as well. I almost felt bad for people bad mouthing them until I saw how arrogant and douchey one of owners was being on Twitter to people so I have no problem criticizing them now.

They're still limited - limited to however many they can sell.

Jokes aside, their response used to be that it was limited to a single print run. As in, they'd print copies of it once and never again. But with Super Meat Boy on the Switch they did an open pre-order years after BestBuy sold copies and never explained that, so who knows anymore.

Also, completely unrelated, I found their recent marketing email humorous - they put their forever physical tagline right above some text advertising their digital games. Thought some of you might get a chuckle as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/rn823p/lrg_forever_physical_also_lrg_celebrate_the/

Do we know if Windjammers 2 and Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger ix are getting retail releases?
nope not yet but Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX doesn't go on sale until JANUARY 25, 2022 and Windjammers 2 PRE-ORDERS CLOSE JANUARY 16, 2022 so there is still time for them to listed as going to be sold at bestbuy

Anyone know if LRG is still doing their yearly end of year clearing sale? I haven't heard anything about it this year yet.

I added like 7 games to my cart during the last sale, and 6 of them had sold out immediately. So, I had to fix-up my cart, kept on PS4 game, in a panic, added 2 Switch blind box games, and that was that.

Then, I had to wait a few months to get all the games, since they won't ship them separately and the blind box games weren't ready, for some reason.

Then again...I'll probably do it again this year, but hoping to just get the clearance games I'm aiming for, rather than just blind box games.

This year's blind boxes are $5 higher because fuck you that's why.

Also see they still have copies of NS Pirate's Curse list to give people false hope.
269997447_727241101576188_3110131109495897249_n.jpg

This (manual recount) is one of the most basic things a retailer should do on a regular basis and it's kind of scary to hear that they never did it. Most of my retail clients do manual inventory counts on a monthly basis.

Also, I got a damaged Shantae GBC from my mega-bundle and they said they couldn't replace it because they didn't have any left for replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:
This (manual recount) is one of the most basic things a retailer should do on a regular basis and it's kind of scary to hear that they never did it. Most of my retail clients do manual inventory counts on a monthly basis.

Also, I got a damaged Shantae GBC from my mega-bundle and they said they couldn't replace it because they didn't have any left for replacements.
They should be doing it once a year. Just so the books are in order.

This year's blind boxes are $5 higher because fuck you that's why.

Also see they still have copies of NS Pirate's Curse list to give people false hope.
To make it worse a lot of the games are $29.99 so if you get those you are getting royally fucked. Blind boxes are supposed to be the price of the lowest price title or less since you dont know what the hell you are getting.

Just another example of LRG not giving a fuck about their supporters, or anything in general besides maximizing profits.

Last year I was able to get Blasphemous, Astebreed, and Mary Skelter 2.  I did do 2 separate checkouts since I didn't want one to go OOS and screw my over (like some ppl have already reported).

I am *tempted* to go for the blind box, except
1) I still remember all the Jumanji posts from last year

2) I have been getting very lucky in FGO gacha (F2P btw) and am certain my luck will NOT carry over to LRG blind boxes

Got about 4 games I am gunning for, best of luck to everyone on January 1st! (Assuming it goes live at 8/9 am EST like last year)

Last year I was able to get Blasphemous, Astebreed, and Mary Skelter 2. I did do 2 separate checkouts since I didn't want one to go OOS and screw my over (like some ppl have already reported).

I am *tempted* to go for the blind box, except
1) I still remember all the Jumanji posts from last year

2) I have been getting very lucky in FGO gacha (F2P btw) and am certain my luck will NOT carry over to LRG blind boxes

Got about 4 games I am gunning for, best of luck to everyone on January 1st! (Assuming it goes live at 8/9 am EST like last year)
it will most likely start at 10 am EST like it was last and the year before

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 122 (48.6%)
  • Q2 2022: 70 (27.9%)
  • TBD: 37 (14.7%)
  • Q3 2022: 5 (2.0%)
  • In Production: 250 (91.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 20 (7.4%)

Looks like no PS4 blind boxes this year.  Looks like not much PS4 stuff period compared to Switch.

Was there a way to filter by console or do you have to search through all the stuff you have no interest in?

Did you bundle with a preorder or something?
Yes, I did, I've mentioned it before, but the Shenmue CD preorder closed Jan. 3, 2021. I didn't figure it would take this long for that to be completed. I'm tempted to cancel just the CDs, but I've already used my one "free" cancellation.

I'm guessing they have more Switch stuff because you have to order Switch games in increments of 1000 after MOQ. So if they got 9,100 orders they have to manufacture 10,000 copies. In contrast, I believe PS4 games can be manufactured in increments of 100 after MOQ.

How do you know? It has been on the first every year they have done it I think.
Secondhand info at this point, but I saw someone elsewhere mention that an LRG employee said 1/3 on one of their streams. This is the first day since LRG's started doing blowout sales that 1/1 fell on a weekend, so that may be the reason for the change.

Yes, I did, I've mentioned it before, but the Shenmue CD preorder closed Jan. 3, 2021. I didn't figure it would take this long for that to be completed. I'm tempted to cancel just the CDs, but I've already used my one "free" cancellation.
Wow. Lesson learned the hard way. If you haven't already you should at least open a ticket and see if they can go ahead and just ship the blind boxes. This will also make it such that when the cds do come in, assuming you have nothing else on your order, you'll get pushed up to the first batch of shipments instead of to the back with the complex orders.

Wow. Lesson learned the hard way. If you haven't already you should at least open a ticket and see if they can go ahead and just ship the blind boxes. This will also make it such that when the cds do come in, assuming you have nothing else on your order, you'll get pushed up to the first batch of shipments instead of to the back with the complex orders.
There were no blind boxes in the order. But some games in my order are being put up for sale on in the upcoming New Year's Sale, so it has me anxious since they were sold out after the 2021 New Year's Sale.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2022:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 122 (48.6%)
  • Q2 2022: 72 (28.7%)
  • TBD: 34 (13.5%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • In Production: 250 (91.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 20 (7.4%)

If anyone missed doom classic collectors edition for PS4 and wants it, limited run currently says 1 left in stock.  Is that normal?  For some games to come back in stock for regular purchase after the pre-order period?  I don’t have much experience with limited run, only browse like once a year or so.

edit: and it’s gone.  Was there for a few hours while I was thinking about it, but gone within a minute after posting.  No worries at all, that was the point of my posting, but had to be someone here that got it!

If anyone missed doom classic collectors edition for PS4 and wants it, limited run currently says 1 left in stock. Is that normal? For some games to come back in stock for regular purchase after the pre-order period? I don’t have much experience with limited run, only browse like once a year or so.

edit: and it’s gone. Was there for a few hours while I was thinking about it, but gone within a minute after posting. No worries at all, that was the point of my posting, but had to be someone here that got it!
that has been happing a lot this past year it must be from all the cancelled orders

I'm guessing they have more Switch stuff because you have to order Switch games in increments of 1000 after MOQ. So if they got 9,100 orders they have to manufacture 10,000 copies. In contrast, I believe PS4 games can be manufactured in increments of 100 after MOQ.

Secondhand info at this point, but I saw someone elsewhere mention that an LRG employee said 1/3 on one of their streams. This is the first day since LRG's started doing blowout sales that 1/1 fell on a weekend, so that may be the reason for the change.
I'm a little curious, they haven't sent any emails about this yet.. have they? I feel like normally they send emails out pretty early for these blind boxes.

I'm a little curious, they haven't sent any emails about this yet.. have they? I feel like normally they send emails out pretty early for these blind boxes.
Nope, nothing on the official Twitter either. Just some back-and-forth with staff on Discord/Twitter and a few new URLs on their site.

FYI for those back in 2019 who purchased Game Tengoku standard, which was missing some of the advertised DLC.

Apparently LRG has the replacement discs with the DLC correctly on disc in stock now.

You need to manually submit a ticket to customer service, and they will create an order for you that should ship in January.

Jan 3, so of course when my PTO runs out and I have to go back to work. HOW DID THEY KNOW?!?!
Surprisingly, we get Jan 3 off as New Year's Day falls on a weekend... of course that's followed by 4 months of non-stop hell but... oh well.

FYI for those back in 2019 who purchased Game Tengoku standard, which was missing some of the advertised DLC.

Apparently LRG has the replacement discs with the DLC correctly on disc in stock now.

You need to manually submit a ticket to customer service, and they will create an order for you that should ship in January.
Can confirm. I also double-checked that the missing DLC is on disc

DJGWcMY.jpg

bread's done
Back