Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
That steelbook has to be one of their worst yet. I'm either missing something or that's just embarassing.
The "Spinner" is the brand logo for the blade runner police car ... the "Police 995" is from the side of the spinner police car. It makes for an ugly as hell steelbook. Oh, I googled to find out despite having seen the movies and stuff... I had no clue WTF that was.

The "P" in "Police" looks like it's falling off the steelbook. Was there not enough room for "Police"? Did it need to be that close to the edge?

I ended up pre-ordering the TMNT CE for XBox.  Shipping and Tax was $40. I really liked the game though.  I usually don't have an interest the games they offer.  Also the CEs just seem like a reason to get rid of paper some times.  TMNT has quite a few things that feels like they should come with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be grabbing a copy of the BladeRunner standard edition for the Switch and probably the Xbox. I've been wanting re-release for this game for so many years now I'd feel like a hypocrite if I didn't buy it.

I'm going to be grabbing a copy of the BladeRunner standard edition for the Switch and probably the Xbox. I've been wanting re-release for this game for so many years now I'd feel like a hypocrite if I didn't buy it.
I'll buy it for $5 on steam or some other site bundle. No need for Physical on this title.

I won't get getting this, because it's not my cup of tea, but it looks to be the same exact release as before; no LRG branding etc. I wonder if we're going to get more 3DS re-releases now too. There are definitely some out there that could use a reprint.

I won't get getting this, because it's not my cup of tea, but it looks to be the same exact release as before; no LRG branding etc. I wonder if we're going to get more 3DS re-releases now too. There are definitely some out there that could use a reprint.
Some game store in Canada is popping out reprints of highly sought after games. It seems they know the market and have been making moves.

Don't care, I got three hard to find titles from them for MSRP! :D

I got it years ago when it was at BB with GCU. Good times. Overall it's an OK game, better than the first (kind of sucked), but not too amazing. Still an alright beat em up and the fan service is aight. I wouldn't pay more than $40...probably not more than $20 if I'm being honest, but it is Senran Kagura before it became all beat em up Dynasty Warriors like.

Very interesting choice of all the 3DS games they could have rereleased they chose that one. I mean I thought it was a shelf warmer for quite some time plus I saw it at GameStop for like $20 for the longest time as well.

Very interesting choice of all the 3DS games they could have rereleased they chose that one. I mean I thought it was a shelf warmer for quite some time plus I saw it at GameStop for like $20 for the longest time as well.
I would guess that they saw VGP and that other site were doing prints and hopped on

Apparently we're famous on Reddit:

There's a certain game deals forum where a bunch of whiny basement dwellers have been buying and complaining about LRG releases for years now. I just checked their thread and they're still talking shit about LRG. They also talk shit about Josh and claim he's rude when their attitudes are far worse. At least Josh runs the most successful limited print company in the world while they spend their entire day eating Cheetos and complaining about LRG and just being whiny bitches in their mom's basement all day long.

The irony is that Josh and Douglas used to post in there and were both very nice and helpful to them. They didn't get paid for posting, it was just a way to interact with the community. How did the soyboy neckbeards in that thread respond? By being hostile idiots to them and eventually driving them off the site, along with any normal poster. Nice job, idiots.
Figured you'd all get a chuckle out of that interpretation of events.

P.S. Hi Mr. Onion, since you're supposedly frequenting the forums now.

Apparently we're famous on Reddit:

Figured you'd all get a chuckle out of that interpretation of events.

P.S. Hi Mr. Onion, since you're supposedly frequenting the forums now.
some one replied to that post

Jesus man, if you shove your head any further up LRG's collective ass it's going to come out the other side.

So is Mr Onion Josh or Doug?
It's got to be Josh. Doug was mostly the level headed one. Josh would stalk you to other threads and try to get you for suggesting (like I did) that maybe they should look into other packaging. Dude thought every comment not praising LRG was a personal attack against him.

You guys talking about Mr Onion keeps putting this in my head

Prev_Chop-Chop-Master-Onion.jpg

The fact that their entire 10 day old account history is nothing but posts defending LRG, worship, and attacking everyone else. I would say it's Josh too lol

My god I love this so much. It reminds me of AA/DP forum bullshit from back in the day, where the person in question did such a shit tasting job of arguing/covering their tracks. I do hope he keeps posting on it so we can keep talking about it.

I love that he's so bitter about CAG. It means we need to keep it up full force.

I'm actually curious, if this is true- I know a retailer can ban you for whatever reason, but can they keep your money? I understand if this was the case with a preorder that wasn't paid for in advance, since no money is on the line- but I always thought that was the difference: exchange of money for a product or service first vs product sent first then asking for money.

You are generally allowed to keep product that was mailed to you by mistake, but they are also allowed to cancel your pending orders and ban you as a customer.

lol this is a great thread. the reddit users are right. LRG can't charge the guy for sending him the wrong game. But knowing lrg they would try. I bet the invoice would probably come in an ill fitting envelope too
Yeah he has no obligation to return the other game

That is super shady. Not sure if it’s legal since it’s a ‘use in commerce’ redirect. If Super Rare decided to lawyer up, LRG would probably not win.

Ok I am 100% done with LRG.  The nail in the coffin for me was buying a bunch of copies of the heavily printed "Catlevania Anniversary Collection", only to wake up today (months after I received my copies) to notice that Best Buy is taking PREORDERS for this game.  Not kidding here, LRG is giving Best Buy time to TAKE PREORDERS and evaluate how popular the game is before they decide how many copies they need.  What this means is that LRG is now doing multiple printings on their limited releases.  That is the second-shadiest thing I have ever seen in my life (the first was when they printed boxes of trading cards, devaluing the hundreds I already had paid $35 apiece for).  Goodbye LRG, you fucking shitheads.  I hate your lame ass company and will not be coming back!

LRG is nothing more than a publisher. They print a set number of copies like any other. The rub with them is their customer service and other business practices are super shady at times.

Ok I am 100% done with LRG. The nail in the coffin for me was buying a bunch of copies of the heavily printed "Catlevania Anniversary Collection", only to wake up today (months after I received my copies) to notice that Best Buy is taking PREORDERS for this game. Not kidding here, LRG is giving Best Buy time to TAKE PREORDERS and evaluate how popular the game is before they decide how many copies they need. What this means is that LRG is now doing multiple printings on their limited releases. That is the second-shadiest thing I have ever seen in my life (the first was when they printed boxes of trading cards, devaluing the hundreds I already had paid $35 apiece for). Goodbye LRG, you fucking shitheads. I hate your lame ass company and will not be coming back!
Whoa there. Best Buy ordered a certain number from LRG. Don’t know what the number is, but they can’t get more than they ordered. Now they are taking preorders from their customers. If they sell out of them they’ll stop selling since they can’t order more at this point. It’s considered a preorder on Best Buy’s site because they haven’t received their order from LRG yet.

It’s how it has worked with every LRG game that Best Buy has ordered.

Now if you were hoping to flip your copies for profit, lol. Check Scott Pilgrim, Best Buy still hasn’t sold out of the copies they ordered and that went up on their site in October of last year.

I dunno if Castlevania is a reprint or just their regular fixed quantity, but Meat Boy on the Switch was definitely a reprint. They gave Best Buy a fixed quantity years ago and then did open pre-orders for the Switch version on their site. When asked about it on Discord, they just said "they're different."

Dkz9CX8.png

In short - no clue what principles they have anymore, beyond "we like money."

Whoa there. Best Buy ordered a certain number from LRG. Don’t know what the number is, but they can’t get more than they ordered. Now they are taking preorders from their customers. If they sell out of them they’ll stop selling since they can’t order more at this point. It’s considered a preorder on Best Buy’s site because they haven’t received their order from LRG yet.

It’s how it has worked with every LRG game that Best Buy has ordered.

Now if you were hoping to flip your copies for profit, lol. Check Scott Pilgrim, Best Buy still hasn’t sold out of the copies they ordered and that went up on their site in October of last year.
You're right, I may have gotten a bit overexcited. What you say makes sense, I hope it's like that.

Of course they reprinted?

You guys do know money rules all and the games are no longer limited right?

Y'all act shocked at the same stuff every week.
From LRG's FAQ:

It is our policy that numbered Limited Run Games will never be reprinted, though we may order extra quantities to be sold at conventions, events, and through retailers. Part of the reason why so many developers choose to work with Limited Run Games is our favorable terms. After our sale, all rights revert back to the developer in which case they are free to do another physical print with other publishers.

Our no reprint policy does not apply to distributed (non numbered) titles, so be sure to check back on our site for restocks.
That's their stated policy, and for the most part it holds up. As far as I know Super Meat Boy is the only example of them doing a reprint for a numbered game.

If some of these new BestBuy releases aren't following the "set quantity ordered" model that they used to it's news to me, but it also wouldn't surprise me. Like I said earlier, I don't really expect them to hold to their principles at this point. They're a business, businesses like money, and precedent has shown they're willing to flip-flop when it's convenient.

From LRG's FAQ:

That's their stated policy, and for the most part it holds up. As far as I know Super Meat Boy is the only example of them doing a reprint for a numbered game.

If some of these new BestBuy releases aren't following the "set quantity ordered" model that they used to it's news to me, but it also wouldn't surprise me. Like I said earlier, I don't really expect them to hold to their principles at this point. They're a business, businesses like money, and precedent has shown they're willing to flip-flop when it's convenient.
Wait, I've never heard this before, they reprinted Super Meat Boy?

Wait, I've never heard this before, they reprinted Super Meat Boy?
Super Meat Boy was a unique situation. BBY sold their version, I want to say a good 2 years before it went up for preorder on the LRG site. So they printed a set number for the BBY version, then took open preorders for their own version.

None of their other games were sold like that (2 years early at BBY).

bread's done
Back