Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
What's the difference between the "ready" status and "at LRG warehouse" status? Shouldn't they be the same thing? My Castlevania Collection PS4 CE is at LRG warehouse and it's holding up some other items. 

What's the difference between the "ready" status and "at LRG warehouse" status? Shouldn't they be the same thing? My Castlevania Collection PS4 CE is at LRG warehouse and it's holding up some other items.
"At LRG Warehouse" means it's there, but they are going to do an inventory count and a "final inspection". I guess "Ready" means they have done that and will ship it when they get around to it.

Just got my Castlevania Anniversary Collection CE (Switch) and it is truly a thing of beauty.  Very expensive, but at least it looks nice and is well put together.

I saw that Wario64 posted that a bunch of LRG titles went up for preorder at BBY including Contra Anniversary Collection, ZAMN, Axion Verge 2 and a bunch others.

I was on vacation for a week somewhere that doesn't have any cellular service outside of a few spots, and my USPS tracking status for my Catlevania Ultimate says "delivered to agent for final delivery" as of July 19th. I got home tonight and it's nowhere to be found. I live in an apartment building. I'm guessing it was stolen? I have no clue, but sucks to think of that possibility having spent $200, and waiting over a year for the damn thing.

I was on vacation for a week somewhere that doesn't have any cellular service outside of a few spots, and my USPS tracking status for my Catlevania Ultimate says "delivered to agent for final delivery" as of July 19th. I got home tonight and it's nowhere to be found. I live in an apartment building. I'm guessing it was stolen? I have no clue, but sucks to think of that possibility having spent $200, and waiting over a year for the damn thing.
I think that's when UPS delivered to USPS and USPS handles local delivery. If you have a hold mail request, the USPS might be holding it.

EDIT* when you track it on UPS's website, you might be able to see the USPS tracking if you click "view details".

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's when UPS delivered to USPS and USPS handles local delivery. If you have a hold mail request, the USPS might be holding it.

EDIT* when you track it on UPS's website, you might be able to see the USPS tracking if you click "view details".
I don't believe I do? I had some shirts waiting for me there that were delivered through USPS. The Shop app also says that it was delivered. I'll check that view details section and see what it says.

So it went through DHL to USPS. This is all I get from them both. I have never had a package say anything about an agent. When I looked it up, it says someone could have received it on my behalf, but how is that even possible? USPS can just leave a package with any random person now? I guess I'll just call the local post office tomorrow and see what's going on.
[attachment=37125:Screenshot_20220725-223513_Chrome.jpg]
[attachment=37126:20220725_223434.jpg]

So it went through DHL to USPS. This is all I get from them both. I have never had a package say anything about an agent. When I looked it up, it says someone could have received it on my behalf, but how is that even possible? USPS can just leave a package with any random person now? I guess I'll just call the local post office tomorrow and see what's going on.
Screenshot_20220725-223513_Chrome.jpg
20220725_223434.jpg
So you were gone for a week and didn’t put your mail on hold? The USPS will leave packages unless you set up a hold mail request. Anytime you are gone for a few days you really should set up a hold mail request. You can even do it online without going into the post office.

I too got once the "delivered to agent for final delivery" nonsense and I had thought the same thing that someone stole it, only to find out that the package FINALLY really got delivered a day or two later.

I have a theory that the post office does this, labeling something as "delivered", so they dont look bad or behind scheduled. This has happened multiple times before to me where the tracker says delivered only really be delivered a day or two. Though in your situation seems like the delivery was on the 19th and has been more than 2 days, so its possible someone might have taken it

I too got once the "delivered to agent for final delivery" nonsense and I had thought the same thing that someone stole it, only to find out that the package FINALLY really got delivered a day or two later.

I have a theory that the post office does this, labeling something as "delivered", so they dont look bad or behind scheduled. This has happened multiple times before to me where the tracker says delivered only really be delivered a day or two. Though in your situation seems like the delivery was on the 19th and has been more than 2 days, so its possible someone might have taken it
This happens to me all the time. I'm still waiting for a package claimed to be unbelievable due to lack of access when I know nothing is ever blocking my mailbox.

This happens to me all the time. I'm still waiting for a package claimed to be unbelievable due to lack of access when I know nothing is ever blocking my mailbox.
Unbelievable? lol

I guess you could say that when we are talking about LRG shipping games in a timely manner.

If thats a usps tracking number you should call your local PO. I once had someone mail an empty box to a random address in my city so it showed "delivered" in my city and ebay would side with them. I found the POs have detailed intranet tracking that shows the exact address instead of just the city. Maybe they can look at internal tracking to give u more info.

If thats a usps tracking number you should call your local PO. I once had someone mail an empty box to a random address in my city so it showed "delivered" in my city and ebay would side with them. I found the POs have detailed intranet tracking that shows the exact address instead of just the city. Maybe they can look at internal tracking to give u more info.
Is that what they do? Amazon seller "mailed me a package" that says delivered but never was. They then ordered from Walmart and sent me the item.

So you were gone for a week and didn’t put your mail on hold? The USPS will leave packages unless you set up a hold mail request. Anytime you are gone for a few days you really should set up a hold mail request. You can even do it online without going into the post office.
To be fair, I had no idea you could do this. Also I've never had an issue with my mail before, or this "delivered to agent for final delivery" nonsense. I'll keep it in mind for next time though, so thanks for the heads up.

I tried calling the post office, and what a nightmare. I can't find a number for the actual building, so everything is automated. I'm trying to do this at work, and after 10 minutes I could never get through to a real person. I'll just have to go to the one closest to me on a day off.

Just got my Castlevania Anniversary Collection CE (Switch) and it is truly a thing of beauty. Very expensive, but at least it looks nice and is well put together.

I saw that Wario64 posted that a bunch of LRG titles went up for preorder at BBY including Contra Anniversary Collection, ZAMN, Axion Verge 2 and a bunch others.
There's a bunch added to Best Buy's website, including 'Windjammers 2' which I had my eye on.
Why those little bastards! They didn't say all those were going to BB so I pre-ordered some at LRG. I would love to have avoided shipping and prepaying for several of the new additions. fuck LRG!

Is that what they do? Amazon seller "mailed me a package" that says delivered but never was. They then ordered from Walmart and sent me the item.
Its a common ebay scam. A seller sends an empty box to a different address in your city. Delivery conf will show "delivered to (city)". If the buyer opens a dispute for "item not delivered" the seller just copys/pastes in the tracking and since it shows delivered to your city, ebay automatically sides with the seller and closes the dispute.

It happened to me and i had to waste hours with ebay, eventually i got a print out of the internal usps tracking showing it was delivered to a different address and got back my money but it was a huge pain. One of the few times ebay will side with a seller automatically.

To be fair, I had no idea you could do this. Also I've never had an issue with my mail before, or this "delivered to agent for final delivery" nonsense. I'll keep it in mind for next time though, so thanks for the heads up.

I tried calling the post office, and what a nightmare. I can't find a number for the actual building, so everything is automated. I'm trying to do this at work, and after 10 minutes I could never get through to a real person. I'll just have to go to the one closest to me on a day off.
Consider signing up for USPS Informed Delivery, it gives you a preview of your incoming mail and packages:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Don't call. They don't man the phones.

Go here https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm and fill out a help request form. The local PO will be required to do an investigation and follow up with you. The few times I've done this the "delivered" or "missing" package shows up a day or two later. Sometimes they even call to apologize and provide an explanation.

Don't call. They don't man the phones.

Go here https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm and fill out a help request form. The local PO will be required to do an investigation and follow up with you. The few times I've done this the "delivered" or "missing" package shows up a day or two later. Sometimes they even call to apologize and provide an explanation.
YMMV. Where I used to live, they would close the investigation without contacting me. Where I currently live they're very good about actually contacting me, though 2/4 of the times they've done so it was because the package was destroyed at a processing facility.

Thank you to everyone for the tips. I really do appreciate it. This is the first thing I've ever purchased through LRG (I did also buy the Castlevania Requiem Ultimate). I'm usually one of those "well its gone, sucks, but life goes on" types) but these games do hold a certain personal connection for me to my Mom that passed away. Just blows to wait that long for something for it to possibly be snagged by some asshole. Figures this would be the only delivery with the horrible "delivered to agent" description, and theres so much misinformation online. Again, thanks for the helpful tips everybody. We'll see how it goes.

Its a common ebay scam. A seller sends an empty box to a different address in your city. Delivery conf will show "delivered to (city)". If the buyer opens a dispute for "item not delivered" the seller just copys/pastes in the tracking and since it shows delivered to your city, ebay automatically sides with the seller and closes the dispute.

It happened to me and i had to waste hours with ebay, eventually i got a print out of the internal usps tracking showing it was delivered to a different address and got back my money but it was a huge pain. One of the few times ebay will side with a seller automatically.
I only caught it once because the Ebay seller (who had a positive feedback count in the thousands) chose the address of a business that was out of business, so I saw in the tracking that USPS was having trouble delivering to the address and went to talk to someone. I was a little surprised that the USPS was ok with someone printing out a label and then taping a different address over the label address. In that case, the USPS mistakenly did a delivery scan and then had additional events after it, ultimately sending it back to the seller. It was STILL a fight with Ebay to get my money back even while the rep acknowledged that they could see it was undeliverable and returned to the seller. Didn't care. They saw a delivery scan, too, and that's all their brains would allow them to process. Had to find another rep with basic comprehension skills.

I pre-ordered lots of LRG Switch games and one PS4 game at Best Buy. I have no outstanding orders with LRG anymore and plan to keep it that way unless a very desirable CE comes out in the future. (but I will still be very picky about it)

295448833_10159161544009005_3593689370793544601_n.jpg

This is a pretty under the belt post by LRG. Talk about throwing a distribution partner under the bus.

I highly doubt Best Buy would put up order pages without an intent to order those games from LRG.

And in any case, if the question from Doug is whether I should trust him/LRG or Best Buy, I'm picking Best Buy every single time.

Originally had another reply typed up, but I found this on their Discord as well:

4oc6hJf.png

So (probably) nothing sketchy with reprints or the like, but it seems weird to order a variant without commitment, and also bad to throw a distribution partner under the bus.

Cautious? Best Buy unlike LRG doesn’t charge you until they actually ship the damn things. So there really isn’t any risk.
I'm assuming so you don't "miss out". But since all these titles have all been squatted out by LRG already, it's probably not the best assumption. Really supports the below the belt comment from before.

I'm assuming so you don't "miss out".
That was my assumption too.
But it's LRG, so it also seems like a pre-emptive finger-pointing if shit hits the fan.
At least they're telling people upfront instead of having affected customers go after Best Buy on social media after the fact.

That was my assumption too.
But it's LRG, so it also seems like a pre-emptive finger-pointing if shit hits the fan.
At least they're telling people upfront instead of having affected customers go after Best Buy on social media after the fact.
Well... One of the owners made a Discord comment that got buried within a few hours, I wouldn't really consider that telling people upfront. I'm sure leagues of people bought them without seeing the message and will still go after Best Buy when/if they get cancelled.

Doug also attacked Best Buy publicly on Twitter recently, really classy when they're your retail partner. Also mentioning it on discord is not a way to communicate at all, discord is not your email list or website

This is a pretty under the belt post by LRG. Talk about throwing a distribution partner under the bus.
I highly doubt Best Buy would put up order pages without an intent to order those games from LRG.
And in any case, if the question from Doug is whether I should trust him/LRG or Best Buy, I'm picking Best Buy every single time.

What I find weird about Doug's comment is that those titles' pre-order periods ended quite a while ago.  So.... they haven't placed their orders yet for any of those and are waiting on Best Buy?  Because I find it hard to believe that LRG is placing two separate orders for the carts, especially given their lead time.   Not that it would not surprise me if LRG hasn't placed their orders yet....

And I'm on week 6 after ordering an in-stock distro title without it shipping, even though a week ago it was too late to cancel because it was in the shipping queue.

It's up on Amazon if anyone wants it: https://www.amazon.com/Tetris-Effect-Connected-PlayStation-4/dp/B0B7QM1LFW

It's kinda wild that they don't seem to have any clue what they're doing with their own distro deals at this point, though.
I find it wild that they are saying it may not be at Amazon. Amazon sure as heck didn’t create a listing in their site on a whim...LRG did something for it to show up. Now they are trying to say Amazon may not get it I’m sure to boost direct orders via their website since their window is still open.

As for Best Buy maybe not getting other games, I’m sure that’s to boost sales towards some of their other partners (or individual resellers) because they need those people to keep ordering from them. Those avenues generally are more expensive than Best Buy for LRG titles. I’m sure they also saw a decrease in direct purchases from their own site for games that had the Best Buy may get some disclaimer. Notice how that has disappeared now.

It’s pretty much a given any game will have extra copies since isn’t it known that orders for Nintendo carts have to be in whole thousands. There will be extras that they will try and unload to other channels.

Cautious? Best Buy unlike LRG doesn’t charge you until they actually ship the damn things. So there really isn’t any risk.
This is exactly what I thought when I saw Dougie's post. Cautious of what exactly? The preorder window already closed so no chance at missing out on the releases from LRG since you can't buy them there anymore. At worst you will get a temp charge that will go away in a few days. If you did use Paypal you will get a refund if the games dont come out.

This seems like a disingenuous attempt at boosting their own sales like some other speculated, it's the first thought that came to mind. Suddenly backpedaling on all of this is shady af

What's worse is, this is on the heels of that whole reddit AMA thing to try to improve their image and now they're seemingly destroying what little goodwill that had earned them back.

I'll believe when I see it, but their history when it comes to stuff like this, the results speak for itself

Cautious of what exactly?
I believe he was just warning people that their orders might not get fulfilled since Best Buy never confirmed the orders with LRG. Since the games are already printed LRG has backup plans in place to send them to other retailers if BB doesn't go ahead with their orders.

This seems like a disingenuous attempt at boosting their own sales like some other speculated, it's the first thought that came to mind. Suddenly backpedaling on all of this is shady af

What's worse is, this is on the heels of that whole reddit AMA thing to try to improve their image and now they're seemingly destroying what little goodwill that had earned them back.

I'll believe when I see it, but their history when it comes to stuff like this, the results speak for itself
It reminds me of Beanie Babies at the height of the craze with them ‘retiring’ their whole line just to bring it back. They tried to manipulate demand by working off FOMO. It caused an implosion instead.

It really stinks of them trying to manipulate demand. If that’s what they are doing and they get caught, there will be fallout.

They really need some of of marketing person who makes official comments, not the owners posting on discord or Reddit or whatever. Throwing partners under the bus is not professional. They should try and act in a more professional manner since they are such a ‘big’ video game distributor.

It really stinks of them trying to manipulate demand. If that’s what they are doing and they get caught, there will be fallout.
I think it's a bit off for Best Buy to list product without a committment to buy (and I have a feeling we're talking about something like a PO exists and the invoice hasn't been paid), but some really seem to be trying to make this into a bigger deal than it could possibly be. "Manipulate demand"? In order to benefit whom? Ebay sellers and Mom&Pop retailers? There is no mechanism in place for LRG to sell any of these games Best Buy listed themselves directly right now. And they've been selling Best Buy copies for many years. They were aware the first time they put their "Best Buy may be selling" warning on their listing that some customers would be discouraged. If they wanted to cut out Best Buy in order to keep customers direct, all they had to is not sell to Best Buy. So, the conspiracy theory here is that Doug is throwing Best Buy "under the bus" (by saying they haven't committed to an order) in order to drive future traffic to other retailers who likely buy far less product than Best Buy?

Since Best Buy listed them, is it highly unlikely they won't be finalizing that order and Doug knows it? Yeah. Would it have been more professional for Doug to stay off social media and just ask someone at Best Buy why they listed before committing to their order? Yep. But, a strategy to undermine the Best Buy deals they've continued for years in order to promote the value of direct orders? That makes no sense. They have nothing to gain. If the Best Buy orders are for their surplus copies, they have to dump them on someone and won't be making as much as they would had they sold direct no matter what.

Doug's post wasn't necessarily appropriate, IMO, but I think this thread is one step away from insinuating Doug is going to jail for fraudulent posting.

I think it's a bit off for Best Buy to list product without a committment to buy (and I have a feeling we're talking about something like a PO exists and the invoice hasn't been paid), but some really seem to be trying to make this into a bigger deal than it could possibly be. "Manipulate demand"? In order to benefit whom? Ebay sellers and Mom&Pop retailers? There is no mechanism in place for LRG to sell any of these games Best Buy listed themselves directly right now. And they've been selling Best Buy copies for many years. They were aware the first time they put their "Best Buy may be selling" warning on their listing that some customers would be discouraged. If they wanted to cut out Best Buy in order to keep customers direct, all they had to is not sell to Best Buy. So, the conspiracy theory here is that Doug is throwing Best Buy "under the bus" (by saying they haven't committed to an order) in order to drive future traffic to other retailers who likely buy far less product than Best Buy?

Since Best Buy listed them, is it highly unlikely they won't be finalizing that order and Doug knows it? Yeah. Would it have been more professional for Doug to stay off social media and just ask someone at Best Buy why they listed before committing to their order? Yep. But, a strategy to undermine the Best Buy deals they've continued for years in order to promote the value of direct orders? That makes no sense. They have nothing to gain. If the Best Buy orders are for their surplus copies, they have to dump them on someone and won't be making as much as they would had they sold direct no matter what.

Doug's post wasn't necessarily appropriate, IMO, but I think this thread is one step away from insinuating Doug is going to jail for fraudulent posting.
I think you're forgetting the fact that LRG makes more money selling the game directly to you. Sure, it's great that LRG uses distribution partners that pick up select titles for sale, but those deals definitely mean LRG shares the revenues (just like any other publisher).

As such, LRG has a financial incentive to drive sales from their site as opposed to Best Buy (or any other retailer). While it may be true that a sale is a sale, for greedy types (and let's face it, LRG is just as bad as some of the worst companies out there), it's about maximizing/squeezing every penny more than they can. Direct sales off LRG's website does that.

Also keep in mind THIS is why LRG often has different covers as opposed to the retail version. They're trying to entice you to buy it off their site. They've also always had a note on product pages where Best Buy may be selling it, too, but are also happy to mention that Best Buy could opt out and decide not to sell it. And lastly, I'm never much to care if I don't end up with a certain game. I'm just past that point. If I'm ordering something from LRG/want an LRG game, it's really just because I'd like to have a physical copy to play, but hardly anything I'm going to raise a fuss about if I happen to not get it.

Like I mentioned, I'll always choose to buy an LRG title from a retailer if given the choice. Is there a risk I might not get it? Sure. But that's worth knowing that the retailer hasn't taken my money. Also, it just cost less (since shipping costs is more reasonable) and I'm certain it'll be easier to get a refund in the event that something goes awry.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on LRG - it's a business so I get it. And there is nothing Doug is doing that is illegal here (that's silly). What I was saying is that it's foolish to actually call out a business partner to direct some more sales to your website. There are other ways to generate more demand for your version, but Doug's approach definitely fails Business 101.

That all said,I think people (and particularly those in gaming) get way too wrapped up in being corporate fanboys rather than just treating these companies for what they are. Companies are greedy, profit maximizing entities that will go as far as they can with marketing (you may call it lying, manipulating, whatever) to generate revenues and beat down the competition.

They just want your money. There's no good will or love there, or "personalization" for you.

It's a transaction for a good, plain and simple, and they want the most money they can get.

It doesn't mean you can't call out stupid decisions, of course. That's what we do here. That's how bad businesses die, after all.

bread's done
Back