Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Jesus christ, my Turrican order from two years ago finally shipped. Last time I order from SLG.
yeah these companies are getting worse and worse each time. I thought it was just LRG who was slow at shipping but I then noticed SLG doing the same thing. I have to check but I think I still have like 2 games from SLG that I bought ages ago and still waiting lol

I guess I will get my sh!t eventually fuck

I just remembered that Douglas said the developers didn't want KOTOR to go to retail because it would cause confusion with the remake. There is also the cart size issue. If it were to happen it would have to be two separate carts or one game would have to be a downloadable code.
Both games would fit on a 32GB cart. But yeah, they'd probably go cheap and just put the first or second one on the cart and make the other downloadable.... and if they put 2 on the cart, hopefully it would have the recent patch that was issued to fix the game breaking bug in the port.

I think when the dust settles on this it'll probably be a "when it's cheap digital" situation for me if I bother getting them at all.

Jesus christ, my Turrican order from two years ago finally shipped. Last time I order from SLG.
Around the time they posted the Egret mini console, I requested they cancel my turrican oder, and to thier credit, they did. I have nothing pending from them and doubt I ever buy anything from them again. Same with SRG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just remembered that Douglas said the developers didn't want KOTOR to go to retail because it would cause confusion with the remake. There is also the cart size issue. If it were to happen it would have to be two separate carts or one game would have to be a downloadable code.
The Remake got yoinked away from Aspyr to Saber, so I don't know if that's still the case. They're all owned by Embracer at this point (including LRG) so your guess is as good as mine.

The first one doesn't sound that unreasonable. The couple weren't married and the charity provides $50/day in meals, a room, and transportation if from over 500miles away. It doesn't cover someone quitting their job and not paying their bills. I understand wanting to be there for your kid, but unfortunately this is a line too far.

Yeah the second one is pretty deplorable. Not because they try to cultivate folks who contact them that they want to donate their estate or part of their estate, but that they'd fight surviving family members over it. Though they are not at all unique to doing this it's still very shady they'd spend donated money to fight a legal battle for more donations.

Overall though, i think what they provide families is pretty decent.

Several books went up for order today on LRG but I'm not seeing the cheaper book-only media mail rates.  For example, two books by themselves cost over $11 to ship, but when I add 2 games to the order (which should have kicked in a higher shipping cost), I'm still getting $11 and change.  I am based in the US. 3 books are $28 to ship...ouch.   Is anyone able to get the cheaper media mail rates?

I'm very happy Full Throttle is getting a physical release. I played this game when I was a kid and loved it. My PC copy always froze up on the final boss fight with Mark Hamill though.

Several books went up for order today on LRG but I'm not seeing the cheaper book-only media mail rates. For example, two books by themselves cost over $11 to ship, but when I add 2 games to the order (which should have kicked in a higher shipping cost), I'm still getting $11 and change. I am based in the US. 3 books are $28 to ship...ouch. Is anyone able to get the cheaper media mail rates?
LRG updated the shipping rates on books yesterday. You may want to check again and see if it is cheaper for you.

Honestly I'm surprised that these Cave games haven't had a Japanese release yet, or at least I haven't heard of any. Mushi has been available on the Switch for awhile now but LRG's version is still the only physical release. Maybe they're still in the works (I guess we'll see) but in the meantime I'm fine grabbing them from LRG.

Also I don't think they've been ported to PS4/5 yet either. Hopefully that's still in the works too.

LRG is handling the Dead Space remake release?

Gonna wait for the retail release either way since their collector's editions aren't anything to write home about in terms of quality or quantity.

LRG is handling the Dead Space remake release?

Gonna wait for the retail release either way since their collector's editions aren't anything to write home about in terms of quality or quantity.
And they are doing it like Nintendo and the Collectors Edition of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, where the game will ship when it actually hits retail and the extra junk will come later. Yeah, retail is the way to go for this. Especially since retail options will offer free shipping.

I finally got my Turrican order from Strictly Limited Games. It was over 2 years !
That’s pathetic. Im never ordering from them again…. I’ll just wait for a ININ release
or an import from Play Asia.

BEWARE though…. I cancelled some items from them, and yeah they refund you the money, but it’s at the mercy of the exchange rate.
So I lost money by basically giving Strictly Limited Games my money to hold onto for years.

Im done waiting over a year waiting for them to release their games.
I don’t trust them…. I feel they are just a house of cards that’s gonna collapse.

I’m also still waiting for my Castlevania collection order (double dragon neon classic is holding that order up) so we will see who holds the record for longest ship date. At least SLG apologizes and gives you a free CD. LRG just blames everyone else cause they are never accountable for any wrong ever.

Is this an open pre-order or what..? Seems like it is but I don't see a end date... just says pre-orders for a limited time.
Banner at the top of the page says jan 27th. I cant imagine they sell many of these at over $300 each after tax and shipping. Youd have to be a huge fan to pay that kind of money for it IMO.

I finally got my Turrican order from Strictly Limited Games. It was over 2 years !
That’s pathetic. Im never ordering from them again…. I’ll just wait for a ININ release
or an import from Play Asia.

BEWARE though…. I cancelled some items from them, and yeah they refund you the money, but it’s at the mercy of the exchange rate.
So I lost money by basically giving Strictly Limited Games my money to hold onto for years.

Im done waiting over a year waiting for them to release their games.
I don’t trust them…. I feel they are just a house of cards that’s gonna collapse.

I’m also still waiting for my Castlevania collection order (double dragon neon classic is holding that order up) so we will see who holds the record for longest ship date. At least SLG apologizes and gives you a free CD. LRG just blames everyone else cause they are never accountable for any wrong ever.
Jeez 2 years. At least it's over now?!

My last Limited Run order is finally "At LRG Warehouse" after 14-15 months. So hopefully it ships within the next few months.

Have to agree... I am done waiting these extended periods. I find after waiting 1+ year I don't even care about the game much, I just feel annoyed at the wait.

If it isn't in stock or an Amazon pre-order, I'm not ordering. If there's something I want I'll try via the Leftover Blowout sale in January (only a few months wait for shipping!) or ebay... where some sellers are selling games at a loss.

My only other outstanding pre-order is Shredder's Revenge at Amazon for $21+tax shipped (thanks amex 40% off deal!). That doesn't bother me one bit since I won't be charged for it until it ships, and of course the great price. Would have been something like $43 direct from LRG.

I'm very happy with LRG and have no issues with the products or service or even the wait times, which are clearly communicated on the website when ordering. I disagree with people who say that LRG is publishing shovelware or has too many titles at once. It's really just more variety for different tastes which is a good thing. I also think the special editions are high quality and no one is being forced to order those when the regular editions are also available at a lower price. Josh and Doug also communicate openly with the game collecting community and are courageous considering the nonstop abuse they have received from a few very vocal trolls who aren't even real customers. Does LRG have the occasional rare problem? Yes, but they always go above and beyond to fix it. Any problems can easily be solved by just opening a ticket, but some people would rather just bring others down and complain than do that. Anyway I'm just a fan who decided to post here because I've been going through the pages here and disagree completely with the criticism here and encourage anyone who is interested in game collecting not to be afraid to order from them. I would also recommend following their Twitter for new announcements and updates.

Just my 2 cents.

Is there any way to know if a game will be listed on their Amazon store or at Best Buy, or am I just taking a chance by buying on LRG's website?
I would play it safe and order from LRG instead of risking it from another store. Sometimes BBY posts inventory that hasn't actually been confirmed yet. I am not sure why they listed it but some people are going to be very disappointed when the games they preordered months ago which still have no release date on their site never ship out and get cancelled and then they're forced to pay inflated prices on eBay.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1578450056608624640?s=20&t=fDoBkFxRvrUN9Gy5KUP24w[/size]
I hope this means available through Amazon.

I share the question of Twitter commentors as to why both games can't be on one disc/cart, but the Japanese release also has the first game as a download only, so I'm guessing that's why. Still weird.

I'm very happy with LRG and have no issues with the products or service or even the wait times, which are clearly communicated on the website when ordering. I disagree with people who say that LRG is publishing shovelware or has too many titles at once. It's really just more variety for different tastes which is a good thing. I also think the special editions are high quality and no one is being forced to order those when the regular editions are also available at a lower price. Josh and Doug also communicate openly with the game collecting community and are courageous considering the nonstop abuse they have received from a few very vocal trolls who aren't even real customers. Does LRG have the occasional rare problem? Yes, but they always go above and beyond to fix it. Any problems can easily be solved by just opening a ticket, but some people would rather just bring others down and complain than do that. Anyway I'm just a fan who decided to post here because I've been going through the pages here and disagree completely with the criticism here and encourage anyone who is interested in game collecting not to be afraid to order from them. I would also recommend following their Twitter for new announcements and updates.Just my 2 cents.
Well damn this one is clearly dougy boy. How are you? Can you ship my orders from this time last year please?

Yeah that's clearly one of them. Did they even read it before they typed it up? It reads like an oblivious press release. My favorite part is it's completely unprompted - not a reply or anything, just make a new account and drop to your knees.

I love that both of them are obsessed with what we say about them. Don't worry guys, we'll keep giving you what you can't possibly turn away from. Come on you knuckleheads, you sold the shop and can woody-harrelson-wipe-tears-with-money.gif. Move on, buy a new hobby.

Thank you new member... this is comedic gold!

So when someone orders and the item page says it should "ship within 4 to 5 months" then later the text silently changes to 8-9 months, then 14+ months later nothing has shipped.... I guess we have different definitions of "clearly communicated" shipping times.

I'm sure it's just me not understanding those super confusing words and numbers. My bad, all my fault.

Apparently customers wondering where their orders are after 1+ year is "non-stop abuse"... Right, right, right, just blame the victims.

I dream of a world that one day won't need Battered Customer Shelters to help all the victims of abuse.

Thank you new member... this is comedic gold!

So when someone orders and the item page says it should "ship within 4 to 5 months" then later the text silently changes to 8-9 months, then 14+ months later nothing has shipped.... I guess we have different definitions of "clearly communicated" shipping times.

I'm sure it's just me not understanding those super confusing words and numbers. My bad, all my fault.

Apparently customers wondering where their orders are after 1+ year is "non-stop abuse"... Right, right, right, just blame the victims.

I dream of a world that one day won't need Battered Customer Shelters to help all the victims of abuse.
yeah i just notice that too. They changed the amount of months. It used to have it as 4-6 months to ship but now its "ship until 8-9 months after" fuck

Whats funny is that even 8-9 months sounds optimistic. VERY optimistic lol. Reality is that it takes 9-12 months for games to ship these days

Well damn this one is clearly dougy boy. How are you? Can you ship my orders from this time last year please?
This was the post that made it super-obvious it was Doug:

I would play it safe and order from LRG instead of risking it from another store. Sometimes BBY posts inventory that hasn't actually been confirmed yet. I am not sure why they listed it but some people are going to be very disappointed when the games they preordered months ago which still have no release date on their site never ship out and get cancelled and then they're forced to pay inflated prices on eBay.
On the plus side, it’s good to see them back on CAG! They used to be regular posters here before they even started LRG, so that’s kind of fun!

This was the post that made it super-obvious it was Doug:

On the plus side, it’s good to see them back on CAG! They used to be regular posters here before they even started LRG, so that’s kind of fun!
Yeah, I mean it was really cool seeing correlation between Josh's personal collection getting bigger & bigger, as LRG kept taking in more & more pre-orders, and taking longer & longer to ship things.

I'm very happy with LRG and have no issues with the products or service or even the wait times, which are clearly communicated on the website when ordering. I disagree with people who say that LRG is publishing shovelware or has too many titles at once. It's really just more variety for different tastes which is a good thing. I also think the special editions are high quality and no one is being forced to order those when the regular editions are also available at a lower price. Josh and Doug also communicate openly with the game collecting community and are courageous considering the nonstop abuse they have received from a few very vocal trolls who aren't even real customers. Does LRG have the occasional rare problem? Yes, but they always go above and beyond to fix it. Any problems can easily be solved by just opening a ticket, but some people would rather just bring others down and complain than do that. Anyway I'm just a fan who decided to post here because I've been going through the pages here and disagree completely with the criticism here and encourage anyone who is interested in game collecting not to be afraid to order from them. I would also recommend following their Twitter for new announcements and updates.
Just my 2 cents.
Bwa ha ha…. Bwa ha ha this PR misfire made me hate LRG even more. I bet they see a massive slide in their sales and are now fanning out to message boards, curating social media posts etc. in an attempt to fix their sales numbers decline. Problem is you can’t keep burning your customers with year plus ship times. They aren’t going to stay loyal customers!

Coming up on a year waiting for the Axiom Verge 1&2 CE
I’m well over a year for my zombies at my neighbors repro with no end in sight. These delays, even if they don’t cause someone to completely boycott have to be impacting sales generally. I thought the embracer buyout would have helped but it’s still “hey get ready for a shipment” then another month wait. I suppose we’ll still have to wait to see if the buyout helps that piece of their fulfillment woes/troubles/outright disaster.

Even still, how bout dat complete Vita set gift?

bread's done
Back