Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Not correct. Sony, like a lot of media companies, has an internal distribution list of executives and other employees that receive promo punched copies of certain physical media and other copies are sent to the publisher to use for press and internal purposes. While you're correct that they are not supposed to be sold, they are not "stolen" and oddly, LRG sold several games with the punch-outs during previous clearance sales.
Yeah, my apologies: I just remember them stressing back in the discord that they aren’t really supposed to be sold and that was how the nicalis stuff all leaked IIRC, so I assumed it was a sample copy. Guess it’s more akin to the microsoft copies of some 360 games you see off and on

Hey, I love a good shit show, don't the rest of you?
The era of Holy Potatoes as the new blind box meme game begins… now

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a password box in the top right, which allows your to enter I guess? 

Seems like a good way to pick and choose who gets early access........ 

They also didn't disclose that Game Tengoku is missing the advertised DLC, that one of the Monkey Island discs is messed up, or the whole Doom online requirement issue.

Got a kick out of Jumanji being on the list too, the meme lives on.

It occurs to me that Swery's The Good Life was supposed to get a LRG physical release based on their kickstarter and it never materialized.
There are copies on eBay, so I think they went to backers. No clue whether they will have more for non-backers. The game didn't turn out particularly well so they may just want to bury it a la YIIK.

It just refreshes the page right now.
Right but I was saying, might be a way to let some people get in early- noticed it as early as like 15 minutes before the start time.

Just wanted 1 thing and I was already 1600th place in line. No way anything's gonna last.

EDIT* welp, at 560th-ish now but the item page shows sold out... great.

Aaaand immediately the jak 1 ce was listed and sold out in a minute and people are having the 50 character address bug show up again

GG

They also didn't disclose that Game Tengoku is missing the advertised DLC, that one of the Monkey Island discs is messed up, or the whole Doom online requirement issue.

Got a kick out of Jumanji being on the list too, the meme lives on.
Also selling Furi when it’s impossible to buy the DLC for it due to the devs not having access to the LRG sku. No disclaimer either.

The password thing is only for admins, ppl really need to relax with the conspiracy theories all the time.

It's used all the time on other sites.

I finally got through, but please check your carts, they are adding the route shipping protection to every order, and you have to go into your cart and remove it. I didn't get anything particularly rare, but I did better than last year, at least

I finally got through, but please check your carts, they are adding the route shipping protection to every order, and you have to go into your cart and remove it. I didn't get anything particularly rare, but I did better than last year, at least
Are they removing stuff as it sells out or just marking it as sold out? I wanted the Fata Morgana NS CE which is marked sold out but someone said they had/removed the Jak HD CE, which I don't see listed at all.

I was also expecting River City Girls PS5 CE which I think was on their list but did not see that anywhere.

EDIT* ah shit, I didn't' realize there was a separate section for everything.LOL

Are they removing stuff as it sells out or just marking it as sold out? I wanted the Fata Morgana NS CE which is marked sold out but someone said they had/removed the Jak HD CE, which I don't see listed at all.

I was also expecting River City Girls PS5 CE which I think was on their list but did not see that anywhere.

EDIT* ah shit, I didn't' realize there was a separate section for everything.LOL

I got one rare item in my cart and when I tried to check out it makes you click a button acknowledging that you were a fool to think you'd get it

I got The House In Fata Morgana Collector's Edition Switch.  Sold out very fast.  Didn't really want it for the Switch but the PS4 version was not in the sale.  Accidentally bought the Route Package Protection while quickly checking out, didn't want that.

I managed to get an order through for several things, including Cursed Castilla CE for Switch. One thing I was not expecting was an incredibly reasonable ~$9 shipping charge for everything. I was expecting at least 2-3x that amount.

Had to sit in the checkout queue for ~10 minutes but I managed to get all 5 games I wanted:

PS4 - Mystik Belle

Switch - Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Switch - The Mummy Demastered
Switch - Super Sami Roll
Switch - Yumeutsutsu Re:Master & Re:After

Alright well I got River City Girls PS5 CE... so 1 out of 2 things isn't bad, and threw in some NS blind boxes for the fuck of it since I've gotten some decent games last 2 yrs. 

Welp, happy to say I got the games I wanted!

Neon Abyss (PS4)

Dark Devotion (Switch)

Bomb Chicken (PS4)

Flinthook (PS4)

I may come back later today to cop some more.

Had to sit in the checkout queue for ~10 minutes but I managed to get all 5 games I wanted:

PS4 - Mystik Belle
Switch - Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Switch - The Mummy Demastered
Switch - Super Sami Roll
Switch - Yumeutsutsu Re:Master & Re:After
Great set of games: Mummy Demastered is one of my favorite LRG gets so enjoy it~

Anyone know if any of the Blowout Sales games are the upc hole punched press copies? They have alot of random games I wasn't expecting to see, including some I have on order from them,but haven't received yet.
My thoughts are the UPC punchout copies are likely the copies that Josh and Doug gave to their employees (they had previously stated getting copies of all the games they release is one of the perks of working there, not sure if that is still true). When they opened up their physical store I remember Josh saying they were allowing their employees to sell back/trade in their games to put up as store inventory, and I imagine that is why people have reported getting UPC punched copies from the retail store. If they also sell them during the online blowout sale, I have no idea.

I got the games I wanted:

- Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle (Switch)

- Might Gunvolt Burst (Switch)

- The Takeover (Switch)

During my checkout wait, I went back and removed 'Grandia Collection' (Switch) and 'The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match' (PS4) from my cart through a second browser tab. I have 'Grandia II' on Dreamcast and KoF2002:UM digitally in a couple of places (thanks SNK giveaways!). I have the Japan release of Kunio-kun which I recently bought, still sealed, but rather have the US release.

lmfao at Lawbreakers for $9.99
I thought seeing One Way Heroics PS4 was funny, but this is definitely funnier.

Am I a sucker for getting 3 of the PS4 steelbook blind boxes? I just love steelbooks. First time ordering off LRG though.
Nah, their steelbooks are usually pretty cool IMO and cheap enough. Just be ready to wait since they take forever to ship- I think everything's supposed to ship in Q1 but last year, my stuff didn't ship until like the very end of Q1.

Great set of games: Mummy Demastered is one of my favorite LRG gets so enjoy it~
Thanks! I'm a big fan of WayForward's games and I missed out on these 3 during their respective pre-order windows so I'm psyched I got a second chance to get them at MSRP.
The only LRG WayForward release I have left to track down now is Mighty Switch Force Collection for Switch.

Super Sami Roll looks fun and I weirdly haven't seen any Switch copies available on the secondary market.

I got hooked on Visual Novels last year (thanks to Steins;Gate) and regretted missing out on Yumeutsutsu so that was a must-buy.
I was hoping to grab Clannad too (the CE was listed when they first started updating the sale pages last week) but it seems they either listed it by mistake or relegated whatever copies they had left to Blind Boxes, blah.

Since I missed out on the rare stuff I ended up with:

Fairy Fencer F - switch
Unpacking - switch
Dark devotion bundle - ps4
Oddworld new and tasty - ps3
Postal redux - switch

Nah, their steelbooks are usually pretty cool IMO and cheap enough. Just be ready to wait since they take forever to ship- I think everything's supposed to ship in Q1 but last year, my stuff didn't ship until like the very end of Q1.
Unless they were lying (non-zero chance of that), this was from the FAQ for today's Blowout Sale:

BUT WHEN DO THE SALE ITEMS SHIP?

Most of our items will be dispatched from our warehouse ASAP. Because these items are left over from their original print runs, they are in hand and ready to go, with the exception of the blind boxes. Items chosen to go into blind boxes have been sent out to get dressed up in our all-new packaging, so there will be extra processing time for these items. However, we expect all of them to be shipped out by the end of Q1 2023.

There is an issue with some standard issue PS4 games being filtered out with collector's editions.

Did my first run through and picked out items I wanted (there were over 9,600 in queue after only 3-4 minutes).  An hour later I went back to browse what had sold out and kept the "collector's edition" option unchecked and noticed a lot more standard issue games were available.  One in particular was Lifeless Planet, that would have been the first item I grabbed as soon as it became available had I known it was there.  I put it in my cart but it sold out within minutes of adding it.  Was still able to get Toejam & Earl: back in the groove and Far: Lone Sails, both of which filter out for the collector's edition.

It's been a long while but I logged in to check out the Blowout Sale. The amount of games listed was pretty overwhelming.

I tried and finally score a copy of Golf Story. I guess the 600 people in line ahead of me wanted the same thing. Maybe one day it will see a reprint or be published on another platform. 

I was happy to pick up a couple titles:

Return of the Obra Dinn

Freedom Finger

Game Tengoku CrusinMix Special

Checkout had small issues like others mentioned but worked.

Not a fan of Route Protection being automatically added to your cart. As a consumer the Amazon storefront has potential to be a good thing even though I'm sure it cuts into LRG's profits. 

Overall not my worst LRG experience. 

I was able to get all the stuff I wanted:

Switch:
- Brigandine CE (Have it on PS4, may sell that version)

- Mercenaries Wings (Have the others in this series)

PS4:

- Jak 1 CE

- Jak 2 CE

- Nex Machina

A little more than I intended on spending, but I view it as my "treat myself" purchase for the month.

I thought seeing One Way Heroics PS4 was funny, but this is definitely funnier.

blind boxes always ship around march iirc

Welp, happy to say I got the games I wanted!

Neon Abyss (PS4)

Dark Devotion (Switch)

Bomb Chicken (PS4)

Flinthook (PS4)

I may come back later today to cop some more.
Dark Devotion is pretty fun. I got the full set of 3 blaster master zero CEs. I had already looked last night and decided those were not on my list, but when I missed everything else I wanted due to foolishly waisting my time going for the Jak CEs first, I thought I should still get something. About $250, but oh well, probably won’t ever find cheaper.

bread's done
Back