Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
If people somehow had *any doubt* that dude who was here earlier was in good faith and not here for nothing but trolling purposes here he is back at harassing me on twitter

https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1648025875026178076

Totally a person a COO should like posts from

Last edited by a moderator:
If people somehow had *any doubt* that dude who was here earlier was in good faith and not here for nothing but trolling purposes here he is back at harassing me on twitter

https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1648025875026178076

Totally a person a COO should like posts from
I don't follow this guys twitter and didn't even realize who it was when they did post on here. Doesn't mean I can't agree with their original post on here. But woof seems as unhinged as the person he is mad at.

The Carbon Engine thing was a pretty interesting watch.  The game announced is a Sunsoft GameBoy game called Trip World.  The game looks worthy of all this attention.  Not only bringing it over as is but doing a full DX colorized version with the original director of the game and releasing it on gbc as well as Switch, PS4, & PS5.

The Carbon Engine thing was a pretty interesting watch. The game announced is a Sunsoft GameBoy game called Trip World. The game looks worthy of all this attention. Not only bringing it over as is but doing a full DX colorized version with the original director of the game and releasing it on gbc as well as Switch, PS4, & PS5.
Trip World is great: having the guy behind SML1/2 DX behind it endures it’ll be a quality colorization. If it doesn’t have bugs or similar issues to the Bill/ted set (but they outright confirmed it’ll a gallery, which is one big plus for me), I’ll definitely nab it on the eShop. Hopefully it doesn’t go away for nearly a year this time like Rendering Ranger (hoping that’s imminent too…)

I honestly didn't know Sunsoft was still around. Can't remember the last Sunsoft game I brought...
They're really not, the way we remember. As it is, they turned into a garbage factory with the Looney Tunes license and shit like Aero the Acrobat in the mid 90s. They basically stopped doing new games 15 years ago.

I am sure Gimmick, Ufouria/Hebereke, Super Spy Hunter/Battle Formula, Blaster Master, maybe Wings of Madoola and if LRG really hates their customers, Atlantis no Nazo are on the docket for repros. The Batman titles too, if they can work out the licensing. Anything else will probably be ugly with licensing and/or a complete waste of plastic.

Not happy with LRG right now. I moved last year and updated the address on several orders I was waiting on. I find out today that the person who now lives at my old place brought two things from LRG over to my bro who lived next door. Not only did they send them to wrong address but I never got a shipped email and their site doesn't show any of my orders having shipped recently. Really screwed up when the site shows the shipping address as my new one. I'm lucky those people brought them to him or I never would have even known that the items had been shipped and delivered.

Also received a game suddenly without any notice or tracking number. This seems like a serious problem that's going on with recent shipments.

It's in LRG's interest to provide customers with tracking numbers so they can monitor and make sure items arrive when they're supposed to.

Please get this straightened out promptly. It's really unacceptable in this day and age to not be sending out shipping confirmation emails.

I received two game yesterday with no shipping notification or tracking information.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 Sith Lord and

Go! Go! Kokopolo Collection.

I checked my account and there is no tracking information with this order. It just states ready.

So if I didn't receive it I'd have no way to know if it shipped or anyway to track the order.

This needs to be addressed.

Who's being used to ship games? DHL?
It's been a while since I've ordered anything but I'm fairly sure it's DHL and then USPS for the local portion. If that's the case it seems like if you have the USPS daily delivery emails showing what mail and packages you have coming, it would list them (unless you moved and your change of address with the USPS had expired). I'm curious if this is the case and USPS handles the local portion if those that have the USPS Informed Delivery emails have the details in there or if this leap frogs that. Like mine yesterday had two pieces of mail (picture of the front) and then a package from amazon (just the name "AMAZON SC / MGE8" with tracking number link).

Overall, this is a pretty serious issue. It seems like whatever automation they put in place doesn't update emails from when an order is originally made and is not configured correctly to send shipping notifications. Hopefully they are scrambling behind the scenes to fix this as this is a very serious issue.

If that's the case it seems like if you have the USPS daily delivery emails showing what mail and packages you have coming, it would list them (unless you moved and your change of address with the USPS had expired).
I do receive USPS daily delivery emails and this was not included in yesterdays email.
The only package I had on my list was from GameStop B1G1 offer I ordered recently.
I received both the GameStop package and a package from LRG yesterday.

They said they just made some changes to their shipping recently and order shipping notification with tracking are not being received by email or added to the orders on the web site. This needs to be fixed ASAP and they need to know about it. Since Doug has been active here I am posting about it.

I also got two separate unannounced packages on Monday. Which is really bad for me too, because my area has a high rate of package theft, so I have to watch notifications like a hawk. But luckily my neighbor found them first and put them inside the building. Though I'm currently a bit nervous because I see that other people are getting Day of the Tentacle now, which is another one I was waiting on. So there's probably another phantom package on its way. Assuming it hasn't just been stolen already.

But in other news, I'm also finding it really odd that a ton of people seem to be getting their packages at this exact same day or two. Like did someone finally light a fire under the asses of the shipping department? Was the whole group off on vacation until recently?

I do receive USPS daily delivery emails and this was not included in yesterdays email.
My guess here is the tracking isn't happening at all so that's why it's not listed in the emails from USPS.

But in other news, I'm also finding it really odd that a ton of people seem to be getting their packages at this exact same day or two. Like did someone finally light a fire under the asses of the shipping department? Was the whole group off on vacation until recently?
If I'm understanding things correctly, Doug said they shut the shipping department down recently to install some new packaging machines to make the process of shipping more streamlined. My guess here is either the new process messed something up, or they outsourced some shipping in the short term and they just aren't doing the full job either from lack of access or ability. But that's just a guess.

I'm glad I'm done with orders because sending them out without notice is really bad practice IMHO. People may need to protect packages, wont be home at the time, etc... I'm sure their backlog is so big that they're just doing things as quickly as possible. That's very likely why address changes like was said in the thread earlier were ignored. I'm out unless they have extremely desirable games, and for now they're good looking games but not for the prices or hassle.

Not being able to prove that orders were fulfilled seems like a massive liability. If it were any other company, you would've at least expected a "We're aware of an issue and looking into it" kind of statement but I guess it's just a Wednesday for LRG.

I'm glad I'm done with orders because sending them out without notice is really bad practice IMHO. People may need to protect packages, wont be home at the time, etc... I'm sure their backlog is so big that they're just doing things as quickly as possible. That's very likely why address changes like was said in the thread earlier were ignored. I'm out unless they have extremely desirable games, and for now they're good looking games but not for the prices or hassle.
I mean I changed those addresses in October last year. There is no reason for them to have sent them to my old one at this point

I mean I changed those addresses in October last year. There is no reason for them to have sent them to my old one at this point
Chief Operating Officer Doug might be able to help, he's NOT CEO so I'm just making sure we know that he's not the wrong C level executive some tagged him as so he doesn't spike the ball on responding like an actual business man

Not being able to prove that orders were fulfilled seems like a massive liability. If it were any other company, you would've at least expected a "We're aware of an issue and looking into it" kind of statement but I guess it's just a Wednesday for LRG.
Yeah checking LRG's company facebook and twitter and I don't see any sort of post letting people know they may be getting packages in error like this: seems like a thing you'd wanna get on ASAP esp. when I'm noticing some people even saying it's going to addresses they deleted from their account

Checked my profile on the site to see if the Valis LP moved status (and thus if it would ship silently like this) but alas, still in production... Hopefully not past june.

One step forward, two steps back.
giphy.gif

Found this on reddit in a thread where someone got their Day of the Tentacle in the mail and a side discussion of no notification came up. This is from the support person over there:

LRGSupport said:
We've recently switched over to a new system and are working to get shipping notifications resolved as soon as possible.
https://old.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/comments/12r2n53/just_got_my_day_of_the_tentacle/

This doesn't help the whole change of address thing back in October and six months later they ship to the wrong address. So my suggestion for anyone that has moved and has open orders, open a ticket to make sure your orders are updated and contact the USPS to make sure you have an active change of address so mail is forwarded from your old address. Better to hedge your bets than gamble they will fix things on their end.

El Oh El

I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that black plastic envelope in my mailbox this morning. Checked my account and sure enough, no tracking, not marked as shipped and never got the email.

I sure hope they can find a CEO to fix this because I may not be a CEO either but I feel like a company based entirely on online orders of physical goods not having a record of what’s shipped and where it went, might be a bit of an issue…

El Oh El

I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that black plastic envelope in my mailbox this morning. Checked my account and sure enough, no tracking, not marked as shipped and never got the email.

I sure hope they can find a CEO to fix this because I may not be a CEO either but I feel like a company based entirely on online orders of physical goods not having a record of what’s shipped and where it went, might be a bit of an issue…
By the time they ship your order any credit card protection you had is expired. You are at their mercy.

My guess is with the system broken and the new shipping slips being added, there's some poor soul that has stacks upon stacks of copies of shipping receipts that will have to manually update everything.   Or they have actual data for the orders processed and will write some program to update the database that the website pulls from, but that will take time.

As bad as things look right now, reading over the official subreddit for lrg I feel like maybe we are actually the nicest and most open group of folks left that are following this stuff.  Like not a bit of interest in Trip World discussed nor the bleemcast... er... carboncast video thing posted.  All of the posts I read were pretty negative overall.

I'm actually seriously considering Trip World DX (standard edition for the Switch) as a purchase.

And oddly, that was the only mention I found from LRG about the issue with shipping.  They know it's broken and they are working to fix it asap... though the optics of saying so little in the meantime is more than a little concerning.

By the time they ship your order any credit card protection you had is expired. You are at their mercy.
Sure, but do you think ShopPay or any other payment processor is going to want to deal with all that hassle? Technically they don’t have to refund after whatever it is, 90 days, 6 months, whatever it is but from a business perspective they’re also not gonna want to deal with a bunch of headache and cut them loose.

We are taking a look at what is going on with the new system. My fear is that it's pulling from billing address instead of shipping address. So we are looking into that as we speak. 

I'm interested in Tripworld, too, but might just wait on that one to be released and use one of the unofficial LRG contractors to ship one to me.

Got an email with a unique code for 50% off my next LRG/Wired Productions purchase. Check your inboxes
Frankly, at this point, as someone with other pending orders, the ongoing logistical issues and now potentially shipping mismangement, have reached a boil that I will not make further orders from LRG until I actually see improvements in practice.

I like what I've heard, but as far as I'm experiencing, I haven't seen any difference. Once LRG can get back to a reasonable production cadence (and of course, fix what is apparently a shipping logistics/IT problem), I'll take another look at what they're putting out.

And let me say I appreciate what LRG does. I jumped in when LRG was just a kernel publisher. I like that LRG helps bring physical copies of smaller/mid-size games for the niche folks like me.

But appreciation goes both ways. I understand there are challenges since Covid ravaged supply chains, but I also think the honeymoon afforded that period is well over. And I think it's fair that a reason for some of these ongoing problems is due to mismanagement and poor communications.

So at this stage, I don't care how hyped a game is or whatever discount they give me. No more orders until I see the improvements, starting with my existing orders. Period.

Frankly, at this point, as someone with other pending orders, the ongoing logistical issues and now potentially shipping mismangement, have reached a boil that I will not make further orders from LRG until I actually see improvements in practice.

I like what I've heard, but as far as I'm experiencing, I haven't seen any difference. Once LRG can get back to a reasonable production cadence (and of course, fix what is apparently a shipping logistics/IT problem), I'll take another look at what they're putting out.

And let me say I appreciate what LRG does. I jumped in when LRG was just a kernel publisher. I like that LRG helps bring physical copies of smaller/mid-size games for the niche folks like me.

But appreciation goes both ways. I understand there are challenges since Covid ravaged supply chains, but I also think the honeymoon afforded that period is well over. And I think it's fair that a reason for some of these ongoing problems is due to mismanagement and poor communications.

So at this stage, I don't care how hyped a game is or whatever discount they give me. No more orders until I see the improvements, starting with my existing orders. Period.
You know, joking aside, I really like this take on things. I also absolutely love what they do, and I definitely don’t want to see them go away but we go from year plus delays with almost no communications to “ope, guess your order shipped, who knows?”

It’s incredibly frustrating and engenders very little consumer confidence. Like, yeah there is definitely a lot of games out here I’d like to own in a physical medium but given the way things have gone over the last couple years, “how long until/will they just go absolute belly-up?” Seems like a valid and constant concern.

Goofin’ aside, having a co-founder of the company come in here saying “well we know Bird King Vita is going to make people mad no matter what” and “I’m not the CEO” doesn’t exactly convey a lot of confidence in their commitment to the brand either.

Maybe they just don’t care anymore and they’re running out the clock on their Embracer deals to resign with golden parachutes, but it’s just disappointing to go from Josh and Doug both posting in the these forums as fellow game-players and collectors to the most cliche pass-the-buck statements is just disappointing.

I say this knowing Doug reads this thread, but what seems obvious is that Josh and Doug aren't business people. Most companies, when they grow, if the founders know their limits, hire people to manage things. That never happened with LRG and the hole just kept getting deeper.

That's not a slight against Doug or Josh. Not everyone has a talent for business (and there are those that do, myself included, that would rather not be in general business at all). 

There might be a requirement to stay on with Embracer, but if I were Embracer, I'd get people in there that know how to run a business proper as soon as possible.

I can guarantee that we are listening and the changes we talked about are taking affect right now. The new system and money spent on re-hauling shipping is going to help us long term. We are just running into some system issues getting everything transferred. A lot of the issues brought up even just today were already addressed. We are running at full speed to fix everything and we have already seen a huge increase in how fast we can move items out the door.

You know, joking aside, I really like this take on things. I also absolutely love what they do, and I definitely don’t want to see them go away but we go from year plus delays with almost no communications to “ope, guess your order shipped, who knows?”

It’s incredibly frustrating and engenders very little consumer confidence. Like, yeah there is definitely a lot of games out here I’d like to own in a physical medium but given the way things have gone over the last couple years, “how long until/will they just go absolute belly-up?” Seems like a valid and constant concern.

Goofin’ aside, having a co-founder of the company come in here saying “well we know Bird King Vita is going to make people mad no matter what” and “I’m not the CEO” doesn’t exactly convey a lot of confidence in their commitment to the brand either.

Maybe they just don’t care anymore and they’re running out the clock on their Embracer deals to resign with golden parachutes, but it’s just disappointing to go from Josh and Doug both posting in the these forums as fellow game-players and collectors to the most cliche pass-the-buck statements is just disappointing.
The CEO comment was just from a place of frustration with someone. We definitely do still care and aren't "running out the clock". We have been doing a lot of things behind the scenes to fix these issues. The transfer of systems was a big deal for us as a company and what thousands of other companies use, including our parent company. It should smooth out very soon.

I say this knowing Doug reads this thread, but what seems obvious is that Josh and Doug aren't business people. Most companies, when they grow, if the founders know their limits, hire people to manage things. That never happened with LRG and the hole just kept getting deeper.

That's not a slight against Doug or Josh. Not everyone has a talent for business (and there are those that do, myself included, that would rather not be in general business at all).

There might be a requirement to stay on with Embracer, but if I were Embracer, I'd get people in there that know how to run a business proper as soon as possible.
Josh and I must have done something right since we built this from the ground up and got Embracer to notice and acquire us. We also have meetings with them and go over everything the company is doing. They are happy so far and see how much effort we've put into fixing things. As far as employees we aren't two people, we are 90+ employees now and a lot of that was recent to address the volume we have. We definitely want to get things out in a timely manner and we've started enforcing more rules to make sure items are ready on the backend too before we sell things. The company has really done a 180 internally and that was from a real place of care to make our customers happy. We don't like that things take forever, we are trying to speed that up drastically and we have slowed down on signing so many projects to give us that breathing room.

I think the next couple weeks to a month are going to say a lot here. How quickly do they fix the shipping email notifications and figure out why the new system is pulling old addresses. The quicker they solve this and then improvements are seen the better.

I'm concerned, but I don't have any outstanding orders to really worry about and have lived in the same place for a long time with no plans to move. If I order that standard edition of Trip World DX for the switch then we are likely talking months and months before I see it. So I just need to see the current issues resolved and we are back to the bare minimum of knowing I can order something and will get it eventually along with the proper notifications so as to expect it (though anything I order will fit in my mail box, so not a big concern as I check my mail shortly after delivery every day anyway).

We are taking a look at what is going on with the new system. My fear is that it's pulling from billing address instead of shipping address. So we are looking into that as we speak.
Sounds like in the short term people need to make sure their billing address is updated in the system for their stored payment as well as their shipping address... unless this is possibly pulling from when the payment was made and not the current account info.

Best of luck figuring this out quickly!

Just checked my orders and sure enough "Shadowrun Trilogy" PS5 and ,Mighty Goose" SWI have gone out without any email.…at least they're marked as shipped, but with tracking no. for a company named Whistl I have never heard of before. Not a single update on their tracking site either. We'll see what happens, I guess. 

I'm usually not too bothered by these sometimes obscene waiting times (has it been five or six years I paid for my copy of "Fast Striker" from NG DEV Team…?) but I do wonder about the second "Sam & Max", SWI standard copy, and the classic edition for "River City Girls Zero"; why does it takes almost 15 months and counting to put together a small edition like this? Honest question without any hostility.

Since I have the CE for "Sol Cresta" in the same order I won't be seeing my RCGZero Classic anytime soon anyway, I suppose….  :roll:

Doug,

Why don't the Switch games ever get activated on the My Nintendo points system? I always get Error Message 2016-0402 "You cannot collect My Nintendo points for this software yet." when I try the "Earn Gold Points (Game Card version only)" thing on a LRG published game card.

They need to figure out the shipping issues quick. I now have to drive 2 hours to my old address in another state to get the packages from my brother because they shipped them to the wrong place. Thing is he will be moving soon too so if any of my other pending orders show up there I'm screwed. Officially done buying from LRG now until these issues are addressed

Josh and I must have done something right since we built this from the ground up and got Embracer to notice and acquire us. We also have meetings with them and go over everything the company is doing. They are happy so far and see how much effort we've put into fixing things. As far as employees we aren't two people, we are 90+ employees now and a lot of that was recent to address the volume we have. We definitely want to get things out in a timely manner and we've started enforcing more rules to make sure items are ready on the backend too before we sell things. The company has really done a 180 internally and that was from a real place of care to make our customers happy. We don't like that things take forever, we are trying to speed that up drastically and we have slowed down on signing so many projects to give us that breathing room.
You absolutely did something right, don't get me wrong. You recognized an undeserved niche and caught lightning in a bottle. If it wasn't the Vita that was in that bottle, would LRG have been as successful? That's up for debate. In my opinion, no. But regardless, it's what came next.

You have a lot of employees now, but at much behest of your customers. That took a long time, too long. Slow to adapt, slow to make changes; not keeping up with growth. Not managing supply chain. And, critically, until recently (it looks like), not listening to your customers that were so pivotal to your growth in the first place. And I think that's indicative of discussions by customers because no one talks about being loyal to LRG. No one gives LRG the benefit of the doubt. And it's because they weren't always treated well. And yes, my unresolved issue with my Streets of Rage 4 collectors edition is always in the back of my mind when thinking of LRG.

First out the gate always helps a business, but much of the current issues were there from nearly day one, and they persist still.

As far as Embracer, it's the first out of the gate aspect again. That's why they bought you. Recognition. But then again, they throw money around a lot. Their goal is size, rivaled only by a few like Tencent. It certainly isn't always quality, but quantity given the amount of re-releases, giveaways of said re-releases (on Epic, PS+, etc.) and the state of many of their new releases. It does give me pause that you say Embracer is happy when the same issues persist and the customer base is so unhappy.

I think Doug's commentary, but more the slow actions of LRG itself with matters, suggest that two gamer dudes aren't always the best business leaders.

Sometimes some ideas succeed despite tripping over every hurdle possible.

Dunno what they're like on the regular, but their online personas aren't what would strike me as your typical entrepreneur, for better or for worse.

bread's done
Back