Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Back to the dull EXE Create stuff after the high of justice chronicle. And the PS4 version of that is still in stock meaning it didnt even hit MOQ in a month.

Legitimately do not get why they don’t just print the MOQ for these kemco games and have em on hand when they sell it: least they’d be able to ship them out faster that way
Had it stayed at 29.99 like it was when it first went up I would have been a sucker that bought it because I really like RPGs. $34.99 is way too steep for a single kemco rpg. To make things worse they will prob release it in a double pack later like I've seen them release on switch recently. I pick up AAA titles used for under $20 all the time after they've been out a while so $35 for a kemco is outrageous.

fuck another one!!!!

it just never stops, does it
WTF is with LRGs fascination releasing these damn RPGs ? How much do they actually sell ? I swear they release one every other week. Normally I wouldn’t care, but I have 3 orders that are a year old now! Maybe focus on those instead of pumping out an endless supply of these kenmco RPGs which I’ve never seen one person ask for ever !

Yes, we are starting pre-production on a lot of stuff sooner than before. We are also trying to order other components based on forecasts ahead of time. Nothing is allowed to go on sale now (…)
That sounds great actually. That said, could you shed the tiniest bit of light as to what the issues were, or are, with the River City Girls Zero Classic Edition? It's a small sku without a lot of components….what's up with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on this Doug? Looks like it was about to ship, but haven't seen anything. Just want to make sure mine didn't get lost since we aren't getting shipping emails anymore.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1636828157591388160

Doug, hello. There are a few Vita JRPG's that never made it over to the west. I know there are no longer any Vita cartridges, do you think it's possible you could work with the OG publishers and devs to bring it over for maybe the switch? I'm talking about games like tales of innocence r and chaos rings 3 prequel trilogy

You pretty much know which Kemco games are coming out next if you just look at their Asian 4-pack releases. LRG is currently halfway through Volume 9: https://www.play-asia.com/kemco-rpg-selection-vol-9/13/70f5gv

Out of 10 volumes so far. Six more LRG releases to go! Incidentally, these releases ARE going to slow down, because the Kemco games have been slowing down. When this all started they were porting their back catalog since like 2014, but now they've caught up to the current times.

I'm actually looking forward to Chaos Tails, the SRPG from the Mercenaries folks. It's being published by Kemco, at least in Asia. I'd buy those collections for $20, but not $50.

Any updates on this Doug? Looks like it was about to ship, but haven't seen anything. Just want to make sure mine didn't get lost since we aren't getting shipping emails anymore.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1636828157591388160
It's just about ready, we were waiting on a component that got delayed and held everything up. Sorry for the wait, we definitely aren't happy it took so long.

Do we have confirmation that Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 on Switch, and Etrian Odyssey Trilogy on PlayAsian have English covers? 

Seeing it’s the game from the week I had the most interest in I used good ol’ javascript to peek at it off and on and uh

Yeah Justice Chronicles didn’t break MOQ (1K, which PS4 was limited to already) PS4 outsold PS5 and it still hasn’t sold out yet on ps4 after a month. If neither version could do above 1K copies in the preorder period me thinks maybe stuff like kemco games should have had their allotments in-hand to ship when going live. Otherwise I still don’t see much of a point in the Kemco stuff being open preorder/pre production

This talk of less than 1,000 copies of a game selling reminds me of how back in the day it seemed like a crazy low amount of rumored copies being produced for Panzer Dragoon Saga at 10,000. I don't think there ever was a confirmation of the exact amount of those but it's always an interesting perspective on this limited print games, given that outside of the big, big games, very few seem to get print runs even approaching 10,000.

Seeing it’s the game from the week I had the most interest in I used good ol’ javascript to peek at it off and on and uh

Yeah Justice Chronicles didn’t break MOQ (1K, which PS4 was limited to already) PS4 outsold PS5 and it still hasn’t sold out yet on ps4 after a month. If neither version could do above 1K copies in the preorder period me thinks maybe stuff like kemco games should have had their allotments in-hand to ship when going live. Otherwise I still don’t see much of a point in the Kemco stuff being open preorder/pre production
Pretty sure all PS4 games are in serious decline and aren't really a good measure of how things are going. I'd imagine this is just a contract job and they just have to complete it and be more careful on future contracts.

Pretty sure all PS4 games are in serious decline and aren't really a good measure of how things are going. I'd imagine this is just a contract job and they just have to complete it and be more careful on future contracts.
PS4 stuff has definitely been on a downward: special reserve noted that aspect was why games like gato robotto never got physicals for PS4. It’s why I find it interesting that even a PS4 version sold more than an open preorder, PS5 variant did in JC’s case. I wonder if the kemco stuff has PS5 upgrades available if you put the disc in as I see no other reason outside of continuing a full set for it to do so

I'm actually looking forward to Chaos Tails, the SRPG from the Mercenaries folks. It's being published by Kemco, at least in Asia. I'd buy those collections for $20, but not $50.
Oh, "Cross Tails" I see. I haven't heard of this before. Looks very cute.

And yeah, LRG has also published two Rideon-made RPGs from Kemco, the Blacksmith and Tavern ones. These are not in any of the 4-packs, likely because the devs don't have four games with them. But the above would bring them up to three games. So with one more game these will probably get a compilation pack in Asia also.

I still buy PS4 versions by default when both are available unless it's something where graphics are a big deal like God of War. The flexibility to play on PS4 or PS5 is really nice since we have both consoles hooked up to one TV, it allows someone else to play the other console via Remote Play. Remote Play isn't perfect, but it works fine for stuff that isn't action-oriented. I played a lot of Final Fantasy II and Neptunia VII on my PS4 via Remote Play while my wife was playing Horizon on the PS5 with the TV, for example.

This talk of less than 1,000 copies of a game selling reminds me of how back in the day it seemed like a crazy low amount of rumored copies being produced for Panzer Dragoon Saga at 10,000. I don't think there ever was a confirmation of the exact amount of those but it's always an interesting perspective on this limited print games, given that outside of the big, big games, very few seem to get print runs even approaching 10,000.
Since the limited games are targeted directly to collectors, the scaling for limited games versus older games in short supply is different. The limited game sale directly satiates the demand for those games, so the lower print numbers go a lot farther than the 10k for PDS did, even if it's 10-20% of that number.

I placed an order for both games. It looks like it will have English covers but the art is preliminary and subject to change.

I still need to order the FF Pixel Remaster Collection. I will order that later this week. It says they are getting more stock at the end of May.

I placed an order for both games. It looks like it will have English covers but the art is preliminary and subject to change.

I still need to order the FF Pixel Remaster Collection. I will order that later this week. It says they are getting more stock at the end of May.
Do we have confirmation or at least a reasonable belief these are not getting ESRB releases?

Do we have confirmation or at least a reasonable belief these are not getting ESRB releases?
They got one. They were open to preorder in the middle of the night direct through SquareEnix and sold out in minutes.

Square has said they currently have no plans for reprints.

It was the only way to get a PS4 physical copy.

If you want ESRB, you'll have to pay hundreds over MSRP currently.

Or just import the Switch version at 5% discount (and free shipping on orders over $99USD).

Edit: If you meant Baten Kaitos and EO Collection, I believe the latter was confirmed as no plans for NA/EU releases.

Bandi Namco and Atlus have not mentioned anything about either game getting a physical ESRB release.

These honestly are perfect games for Limited Run to try and release in NA. It makes perfect sense.

I don't mind taking a chance on the Asian versions of the games.

I have a few of the Square-Enix Asian English physical releases, Chrono Cross, FF IX and FF7 and FF8 double pack for Switch.

Bandi Namco and Atlus have not mentioned anything about either game getting a physical ESRB release.

These honestly are perfect games for Limited Run to try and release in NA. It makes perfect sense.

I don't mind taking a chance on the Asian versions of the games.

I have a few of the Square-Enix Asian English physical releases, Chrono Cross, FF IX and FF7 and FF8 double pack for Switch.
Yea I have plenty of asian releases in my collection, but I still prefer esrb if its available

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1655996650286923777?s=20[/size]
Bar none the best quality game LRG put out on switch in a long, long while. Seriously get this however you can if you like metroidvania: it’s one crossed with a dungeon RPG and is incredibly addicting!

why is LRG using a pegi cover?
Hmm, clear river being involved on switch but not on ESRB indicates to me that they’re doing this mainly because PAL has a lower order requirement, I think 3K copies or so. If stuff is continuing to miss MOQ like it seems to they probably are just having clear river do a PAL retail release and using some of that stock to just import directly here. PS MOQ is 1K and both versions will likely near that just fine., but this prevents the switch version from having a Gunbrick situation where 4K extra copies are just there to sell out whenever

Still though, chalk another game to the “Distro games hardly are different from numbered games outside of scarcity”. That or this is a misprint and it’s actually the first LRG game to come to their PAL branch they mentioned but who knows

Bar none the best quality game LRG put out on switch in a long, long while. Seriously get this however you can if you like metroidvania: it’s one crossed with a dungeon RPG and is incredibly addicting!
Agreed, played this on Vita and was surprised by how good it was but can you really consider this a Metroidvania? I don't really remember it all that well but it felt more like a super light dungeon crawler.

Agreed, played this on Vita and was surprised by how good it was but can you really consider this a Metroidvania? I don't really remember it all that well but it felt more like a super light dungeon crawler.
Eh, probably not a traditional metroidvania being that it isn't a platformer, but all the areas being interconnected and you gradually unlocking new abilities and stuff was just really fun. Anytime I got an upgrade I'd see if I could backtrack and find something else... If it wasn't meant to be one I sure played it like one on my 3DS lol

Has anyone received Castlevania Requiem Ultimate Edition (PS4) as one of their random shipments? That's currently my oldest pre-order with LRG and it's noted as manufacturing complete on the item page but not sure if it's being updated or not with their shipment status update issues. 

Are the people excited for Black Book, aside from that one Twitter reply?

Maybe I'm just starved for arcade-like games but to me this feels super "meh". Sorry.

P.S.: On a more positive note, I AM excited for "Gimmick!". Hopefully the full music will be there (there was some special audio chip on the Famicom cart)

I can't believe LRG is getting me to buy another bulky CE…..I'm quickly running out of space and was determined to only get special editions for shoot'em ups and beat'em ups going forward. But this is too hard to resist.  :whee:

I received a shipment email!!

Over the past month or so I have received 3 orders which never had shipping emails or tracking numbers provided. All 3 still show as "Unfulfilled" without any tracking and 1 of the 3 still shows that it is "In Production".

This morning I was greeted with the following email in plain text with no embedded links:

Hi XXXX XXXX,

Your recent order SO0000XXXXX for SO: XXXXXXX has shipped with DHLECOM. You can track your shipment here.

Thanks for your Support!!!! Limited Run Games
There is no link or tracking number provided so I don't know what "here" refers to. The 2nd number corresponds to my order for DoDonPachi Ressurection (Switch) which I have seen others start to receive. It is, or course, still listed as "In Production" on my order page with no tracking information.

But at least things are starting to work a bit better!

I thought I was still asleep this morning when I saw my shipping confirmation, I was sure I was still asleep when I looked it up and realized it was for Doom Eternal.

Are the people excited for Black Book, aside from that one Twitter reply?

Maybe I'm just starved for arcade-like games but to me this feels super "meh". Sorry.
Black Book looks really interesting to me. It's a combination of point and click adventure and card game, which are two genres I usually like.

Gimmick is also a good get. Hope the upswing in release quality continues.

I received a shipment email!!

Over the past month or so I have received 3 orders which never had shipping emails or tracking numbers provided. All 3 still show as "Unfulfilled" without any tracking and 1 of the 3 still shows that it is "In Production".

This morning I was greeted with the following email in plain text with no embedded links:

There is no link or tracking number provided so I don't know what "here" refers to. The 2nd number corresponds to my order for DoDonPachi Ressurection (Switch) which I have seen others start to receive. It is, or course, still listed as "In Production" on my order page with no tracking information.

But at least things are starting to work a bit better!
I also received that same shipping notification email yesterday for DoDonPachi Resurrection Standard. It was in my spam folder. The "here" link does nothing. So, we still can't track our packages.

bread's done
Back