Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I got an email on Castlevania Advance Collection but none of the links to preview stuff works. Regardless, based on the small pics in the email, not gonna lie... they're gonna get quite a bit of my money.

Honestly though, the cover with just one game looks wrong. I get they're trying to milk it by having 4 covers but would have been nice if there was an option with a custom cover for all 4 games.

not to mention full vinyl OSTs for all 3 games: pretty wild and at least means CV music will keep getting pressed despite the Mondo situation with their buyout.

Expect those in 2025 per usual LRG vinyl waits though
What's the Mondo situation?

The pic of the Ultimate edition in the e-mail didn't have the steelbook, but it does on the site at least.   Also, the e-mail shockingly showed no physical game in the Ultimate, but a STEAM KEY in it's place (Edit - I see there is a PC version).  The current listing on the site shows a physical game and no steam key.  I wonder how these pics that wound up in the e-mail even came to exist.

Weird that the steelbook isn't in the "Classic" edition, but apparently it's being paid for in the price hike for the "Advance".

Yes, tomorrow is going to be another super expensive Castlevania day for me.

Classic Edition - $69.99

Advance Edition - $84.99 

Ultimate Edition - $174.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email on Castlevania Advance Collection but none of the links to preview stuff works. Regardless, based on the small pics in the email, not gonna lie... they're gonna get quite a bit of my money.

Honestly though, the cover with just one game looks wrong. I get they're trying to milk it by having 4 covers but would have been nice if there was an option with a custom cover for all 4 games.

What's the Mondo situation?
Funko bought them. They did do a recent reprint of their old vinyl (I bought their Rondo one) but it seems mondo records may be up in the air when it comes to if they can acquire newer stuff or not

I do not understand their music release choices. Vinyl and cassette? Why no cd release for the soundtracks? I would buy those. But not vinyl or cassette.

I do not understand their music release choices. Vinyl and cassette? Why no cd release for the soundtracks? I would buy those. But not vinyl or cassette.
Yeah, I thought that was weird, but assume it's because they suspect some people will buy that Ultimate Edition for $175 just to get the full CD soundtrack.

They teased in one of their last physical newsletters doing something with castlevania music and I honestly just assumed they’d be bringing over that complete collection Japan put out recently (which before it sold out, was cheaper than buying the ultimate CE, iirc), but i suppose getting a complete collection OST on CD instead of a sampler + vinyl stuff was their plan, which… fine enough tbh.

Fine, but it sucks. It makes the first two editions less attractive, and they're still pulling that bullshit of putting the steelbook in the most expensive editions. Not that the steelbook looks great or anything. *sigh* Just the regular edition for me. I'd like to wait until VGP has it though.

It's nice to see the Xbox version! I'm considering it, but I have the first Castlevania collection on Switch, and these games were (mostly) on Nintendo platforms, so it feels fitting to keep with Switch.

And is this cassette stuff really for real?  When cassettes started being offered up, I thought it was almost like some gimmicky joke.  Are people actually buying them to play them?  

Kinda odd that.. with the various CEs, you'd think they'd just do one of the titles per edition, vs Circle of the Moon for the Classic, and then Aria for the Advance, and then Aria gain for the Ultimate. I think Harmony is considered the least popular of the GBA titles, maybe that's why. 

Kinda odd that.. with the various CEs, you'd think they'd just do one of the titles per edition, vs Circle of the Moon for the Classic, and then Aria for the Advance, and then Aria gain for the Ultimate. I think Harmony is considered the least popular of the GBA titles, maybe that's why.

Fine, but it sucks. It makes the first two editions less attractive, and they're still pulling that bullshit of putting the steelbook in the most expensive editions. Not that the steelbook looks great or anything. *sigh* Just the regular edition for me. I'd like to wait until VGP has it though.

It's nice to see the Xbox version! I'm considering it, but I have the first Castlevania collection on Switch, and these games were (mostly) on Nintendo platforms, so it feels fitting to keep with Switch.
It looks like the SB is in the Advance Edition.

I was joking about there being a skate deck, yet here we are...

And where's my Axiom Verge 1 & 2 CE!?! Sorry. Force of habit

I'm going to pass on all that Castlevania stuff.  It was one of my main franchises since the original games on NES... but since I've sold my physicals of all four of these specific games... I haven't really had the itch to replay them.  If there's a $5 (maybe even $10) digital sale like there was for the CV Anniversary Collection, I'll probably just impulse buy that.  Or if this comes to some other retailer with stock in hand and quick shipping, maybe I'll get it just because.  Otherwise if the itch strikes, I'll just play through other means.

IMO they should have done a reverse cover art for all of these that was the same general art for people that don't want just one specific game featured.  It is cool they let you pick the art you get... I'll give them a few points for that over the random draw.

And while the skatedeck thing was a joke... if the art had been really well done, it might have been worth it as a decoration.  Especially for me, a fan of Konami's Evolution Skateboarding which one of the special characters you could play as was a Simon Belmont inspired "Vampire Killer"... and there were a few other castlevania references in it including a battle with "Vampire Lord" in a Castle level a few specific enemies and a few Castlevania songs.   I have the GameCube version but it also was on PS2.

So unlike most games that get skate decks, this was the first one where it actually made some sense to me.

It looks like the SB is in the Advance Edition.
Yeah and it looks like there's no steelbook for PS and Xbox; Switch only. Just...odd.

Well, the steelbook is included with the $84.99 editions. But that's still where we're at with LRG right now.

The Ultimate looks nice, but not sure there are enough extras in there to justify almost $100 more than the other version. Soundtrack looks nice though.

I guess this is what we asked for, right? To not make steelbooks exclusive to the $175 edition?

The thought counts, but it's still going to be close to $100 shipped. 

Wow... I just tried to use my 5% coupon on an order and it only took 5% off one game, not the whole cart, despite the coupon clearly stating "Use this coupon during checkout to get 5% off your next ORDER." Thanks for the $1.75 off my $100+ cart I guess? Next time, just do nothing. I'll feel less insulted.

I am super surprised they are offering a Xbox version of the collection. I was going to get the Switch standard version but I may get the Xbox version as well. At least I have until September to make up my mind. No need to rush to order this.

Edit:

I would just like them to offer a steelbook edition. You get the game and the Steelbook for $50. $35 for the game $15 for the Steelbook.

I don't need your fancy boxes, poster and soundtrack CD (I don't own a CD player anymore and my car doesn't have one either).  I do like getting Steelbooks for certain games sometimes and I like the Castlevania Advance Steelbook but not for $85.

Anyway I will just get the standard edition when I place my order. Hoping they add something else I maybe interested in before the preorder window closes (El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON).

Yeah and it looks like there's no steelbook for PS and Xbox; Switch only. Just...odd.
Maybe they updated their pics or maybe I'm missing what you're trying to say but the $85 Advance edition for all 3 consoles show a steelbook so you don't have to get the most expensive Ultimate edition for a steelbook.

I don't know, it seems perfectly on-brand to me. Fools are willing to completely overpay for vinyl, despite it having objectively inferior sound quality, durability, portability, and functionality. So exactly like the overpriced contents of LRG's bag-of-crap editions, it's destined to live inside its box as someone's shelf decoration and never get any actual use.

By contrast, a CD would be low-priced, convenient, and likely to get a lot of use. And that's not their MO at all. So I'd say they simply know their audience very well with these choices.

And is this cassette stuff really for real? When cassettes started being offered up, I thought it was almost like some gimmicky joke. Are people actually buying them to play them?
Most people thats buy vinyls don't have a record player, so what would be different about cassettes?

Wow... I just tried to use my 5% coupon on an order and it only took 5% off one game, not the whole cart, despite the coupon clearly stating "Use this coupon during checkout to get 5% off your next ORDER." Thanks for the $1.75 off my $100+ cart I guess? Next time, just do nothing. I'll feel less insulted.
Oh, I was going to do the same thing next week. You should bring this up to them. It might be a glitch. But also, it is literally illegal, and they could easily be brought to court over it. False advertising is serious business.

But also, 5% off is going to a shitty reduction no matter what. I was going to throw the coupon away entirely until I was like "Well, I guess I can combine some games together and use it." Their first email apology coupon was for 5 DOLLARS off, which is a very good deal if you're just ordering a $30 or $35 game. But 5 PERCENT off is just a joke. Enjoy your extra $1.75 in savings though.

I am super surprised they are offering a Xbox version of the collection. I was going to get the Switch standard version but I may get the Xbox version as well. At least I have until September to make up my mind. No need to rush to order this.

Edit:

I would just like them to offer a steelbook edition. You get the game and the Steelbook for $50. $35 for the game $15 for the Steelbook.

I don't need your fancy boxes, poster and soundtrack CD (I don't own a CD player anymore and my car doesn't have one either). I do like getting Steelbooks for certain games sometimes and I like the Castlevania Advance Steelbook but not for $85.
Yes exactly!

Maybe they updated their pics or maybe I'm missing what you're trying to say but the $85 Advance edition for all 3 consoles show a steelbook so you don't have to get the most expensive Ultimate edition for a steelbook.
The posts on Twitter/X-crap are only of the Switch versions, and this was before the listings were live on LRG's website including from the link in the email.

I tried a 5% off coupon this morning and gave me 5% off all 3 item I got

Is this legit? 

[attachment=38098:Screenshot 2023-07-31 211351.png]

This shipping email looks way diff than past shipping emails and when I log into my account, I don't see any tracking associated with that order number. Haven't clicked that attachment, since I'm not sure it's legit. 

Is this legit?

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2023-07-31 211351.png

This shipping email looks way diff than past shipping emails and when I log into my account, I don't see any tracking associated with that order number. Haven't clicked that attachment, since I'm not sure it's legit.
Probably legit, I got just got one of those too. And a day later I got the regular LRG e-mail about my order. Must be something new their doing as I've gotten a couple of e-mails like this so far.

Is this legit?

It's legit. Remember, LRG has switched to a different software for shipping. The attachment is an invoice. Unfortunately they're now sending out multiple emails when something ships. You will get another email with a tracking number and another email the day the package is going to be delivered.

Not sure where else to post this, but Switch 2 release has been leaked for Q4 2024 (same release quarter as PS5 Pro).  Third party publishers are concerned about their ability to sell Switch 2 re-releases if it is backwards compatible.  Its still unclear if it will include BC or not.  Didn't see anything about hardware, other than it will have an LCD screen instead of OLED to cut costs initially.

I just got the LRG email about soundtracks. Vinyl, ok, there's a bit of a renaissance for that, cassette I don't understand at all other than pure  nostalgia maybe, but why are CDs only available in larger game bundles? I feel like of these three formats, CD soundtracks would sell the most. I've bought CD soundtracks through LRG before as a standalone product. What are the metrics here?

It seems insane to not sell the cd as a standalone with the record and tape.  While I have zero interest in tapes (and I'm old enough to have nostalgia for the media), there are folks that collect them.  I don't know why anyone would want a soundtrack on casssette like this... but maybe it's like the skatedecks and they can manufacture to demand so it's a zero loss situation.

If the next Switch isn't BC, I have so many unplayed Switch games that I won't be needing it.

If it runs the old games better, I'll be down for it.

If the next Switch isn't BC, I have so many unplayed Switch games that I won't be needing it.

If it runs the old games better, I'll be down for it.
That's pretty much my plan... but my plan would 100% go out the window if the right game were to come out.

How are these Blade Runner variants ready to ship when I still haven't got mine from a year ago?
Bewilders me how weeks after josh estimated they’d be all “caught up” it seems they didnt even try to make progress on in-hand stuff: my Valis Vinyl is now at week 3 I believe of being in hand but not shipped, and I struggle to guess they would somehow ship these blade runner copies out like… this week or next, like they ideally would.

bread's done
Back