Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
wow!! a game no one has ever seen or owned physically before!

I wonder who else puts it out for release again now.

gosh I can't wait to pay full price up front and then own old P3 in 18 months!!
Good point as well, no way you're getting any edition of this before Reload comes out. If you're lucky you'll get it before Reload Reload/Golden/Royal/whatever comes out.

Maybe they can get Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name
Eh, there are already import options. I'd rather buy those than give LRG money at this point. Plus, with the exchange rate being as low as it is, it's like $32 (pre-shipping) on Amazon Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imports, for the win.

And since this is a distribution title, don't pre-order. Just don't.

It’s not a distro title though. It’s a numbered release - #213.
That's worse, actually... Looking at the image, it's not labelled as numbered in the Xbox and Switch versions...

Can any big Persona fan tell me the most COMPLETE edition of P3?

Is it P3 FES?

P3P(ortable)?

or the upcoming P3 Reload?

According to Wikipedia, some elements are added and some elements are removed from each iteration???? Overall it sounds like P3P is the closest to "COMPLETE" edition, or am I wrong???

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1706352965311709324

yeh this isn't god's work they are doing here.   $200 for the nice edition.  These releases are used as nothing but a vehicle to profit gouge fans as much as possible.  Thanks for releasing P3P digital with a steelbook for $70 + shipping LRG!

The one cool thing about this release is that Xbox devotees can finally own this game physically.

$200 and it's not actually an Evoker you can hold and pretend to shoot yourself with, just a light-up shadowbox. Oh, and another shadowbox because...cool? Not even a damn artbook. And that armband looks like it's made of rubber.

And $70 for a steelbook? Jesus, put the drugs down, LRG.

Is it P3 FES?

P3P(ortable)?

According to Wikipedia, some elements are added and some elements are removed from each iteration???? Overall it sounds like P3P is the closest to "COMPLETE" edition, or am I wrong???
There is no complete edition at this point. P3 Reload does not have FES content, nor does P3P original or later.

Persona 4 Golden is coming later this year. I already have it for Vita (and Steam), so kinda meh on that, too.

I'll just get a PS2 copy of FES and a Steam copy of P3P... still cheaper than LRG combined.

It's kind of silly to me.

I mean read the room. Many people in the JP thread have already put their foot down and said that they aren't paying $60-$70 for the P3 COMPLETE REMASTER when it releases.  There is already another crappy $199 CE from Gamestop that nobody is excited about too.  If people want to do that then they can tangibly own the physical game in February.  Yes, of course Atlus would like all the marketing buzz they can get with other supplementary goods. 

This is Josh being really excited about his new deal with Atlus.

Is it P3 FES?

P3P(ortable)?

Ok, it goes like this:

FES has additional social links, QOL gameplay changes, and an epilogue dungeon called The Answer. However, you can only play as a boy (the canon MC).

Portable does not have The Answer and removed the ability to actually walk around the overworld (you navigate through menus), but it added a female MC option and even more social links (for FeMC only) and even better QOL improvements.

If you want the intended Persona 3 experience, play FES since that's basically an expanded version of the original Persona 3. If you want quality of life improvements and the ability to play as either a boy or a girl (I and many others feel the girl is the superior MC, but that's of course subjective), and you don't mind navigating through school/town/the dorms through menu only, get Portable.

I personally recommend playing Portable and just watching The Answer's cutscenes on Youtube, since The Answer really is just a dungeon grind in order to get to the story segments.

Meh, Persona 3 Reload is coming out in a matter of months. The CE from LRG takes 12-18 months to come so we will probably get Reload FES before we see the CE from LRG.

Ah shit, I have a PSP copy that I've been meaning to sell... welp, there goes that train. 

Regardless, anyone else find this... worrying? 

Atlus/Sega are more than capable of doing this themselves but they decided to outsource this to LRG... makes me thing that they (Atlus/Sega) see this is a more profitable venture than doing the releases themselves. I think the last two major Atlus CEs were both duds in terms of sales (Soul Hackers 2 I think had a promo for free shipping and P5R One More was a store exclusive before making its way to other retailers). 

If this works out better for them and doing their own physical release, I shudder to think that more publishers will look to LRG to publish their games are over-priced amounts and sitting year+ for delivery. 

This is Josh being really excited about his new deal with Atlus.
Feels like yet another "eat your vegetables" release; not due to quality of the release this time, but the obvious bilking this is since Persona 3 is about to be hyper saturated in the market.

Ah shit, I have a PSP copy that I've been meaning to sell... welp, there goes that train.

Regardless, anyone else find this... worrying?

Atlus/Sega are more than capable of doing this themselves but they decided to outsource this to LRG... makes me thing that they (Atlus/Sega) see this is a more profitable venture than doing the releases themselves. I think the last two major Atlus CEs were both duds in terms of sales (Soul Hackers 2 I think had a promo for free shipping and P5R One More was a store exclusive before making its way to other retailers).

If this works out better for them and doing their own physical release, I shudder to think that more publishers will look to LRG to publish their games are over-priced amounts and sitting year+ for delivery.
Sell it TODAY bro. state "no returns".

What for? There's an English Asian coming out in November.
Good point as well, no way you're getting any edition of this before Reload comes out. If you're lucky you'll get it before Reload Reload/Golden/Royal/whatever comes out.

Eh, there are already import options. I'd rather buy those than give LRG money at this point. Plus, with the exchange rate being as low as it is, it's like $32 (pre-shipping) on Amazon Japan.
No Xbox version for Asian release.

What for? There's an English Asian coming out in November.

If you're a Japanese game fan and you only own an Xbox, I think it's safe to say you done goofed at this point.

Ship's sailed since the end of the 360 era.

Persona 3 & 4 Portables is really the big deal that LRG has been hyping for months?  I mean, I guess it's a win for them... After all, I was expecting something like a remaster of "Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Make My Video", given their love for bad Sega CD FMV games, so kudos for Persona instead. But still gets a meh from me. *Shrugs*

If you're a Japanese game fan and you only own an Xbox, I think it's safe to say you done goofed at this point.

Ship's sailed since the end of the 360 era.
Not to mention the Xbox leaks from last week show that they're quickly heading toward a digital only future

Persona 3 & 4 Portables is really the big deal that LRG has been hyping for months? I mean, I guess it's a win for them... After all, I was expecting something like a remaster of "Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Make My Video", given their love for bad Sega CD FMV games, so kudos for Persona instead. But still gets a meh from me. *Shrugs*
My personal prediction for a future LRG release is Quest for Camelot on Gameboy Color. That was inexplicably added to the Switch Online Gameboy library, so LRG will take that to mean it's a timeless classic that's finally getting the attention it always deserved, and they'll release a $300 edition that includes a Gameboy cartridge replica, art cards for all the characters, a plushie of that two-headed dragon, and the movie on VHS in a gold-plated, clamshell box. Among other garbage that costs a nickel to produce.

I don't even...I mean...ok...but...what?

I'm a smidge late here, but as others have said, this is the big reveal? Games that very easily and have gotten regular retail releases?

One thing this suggests that I don't like is that SEGA might be using LRG like Konami is, and fuck that. I already have Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name preordered at Play Asia for the PS4 English Asia release, because SEGA gone fucked up not releasing that over here (though how many copies of the regular versions of this series they print, and how cheap they usually are, might help explain why. Just don't print so many copies), but I hope, HOPE anything that isn't Sonic doesn't get funneled through LRG.

Good fuck!

LRG is definitely gone now. 

They started as a company wanting to ensure digital games that never got a phyiscal release are captured for all times; I'm a late comer to the party, but Celeste for Switch stands out as they defining game that brought a lot of outside eyes in (sorry Vita fans, all seven of you).

They moved to being the absolute nerd tat store with every release being "worthy" of not only physical editions, but massive CEs.

Then they became the printing arm for Konami; nothing wrong with that, but they went off the deep end with so many released editions, it would make an Ubisoft executive blush. 

Now they want to to preserve retro games, but they cannot land any of the titles people actually would want.  You know, ones that are stuck on hard(er) to emulate systems, with fragile disc drives, weird hacks to work on modern displays, and extremely costly low-print initial runs. 

LRG has ultimately failed at all of their goals in terms of vision and spirit.  Yea, they've made a boat load of cash, likely greatly boosted from 'Rona and a general video game nostalgia hype from 2019-2022, but that bubble is definitely deflating.  And their production and logistics, the boring part that I know about, was so blatantly bad in the early days, that seeing it fumble along today is a given.  (I still speculate there's some pressure to release new stuff because the outstanding debt associated with their logistics failures and warehouse revamped means they need a lot of revenue to pay for previous titles... aka Ponzi-esque in nature, but in the legal way)

I wish LRG would redefine what they're about and get back to producing stuff for their niche audience that got them started; aka Simon Sinek's "what's your 'why?' to exist," moment.  Yes, very corporate jargon of me, but that baseline mutual understanding both inside and outside a company can make or break smaller businesses.  For you younger types, that's "good vibes vs. bad vibes."

I hope we get some good retro ports and some banger games stuck in digital limbo in the future, but I think this is the "I'm out," moment for me on limited print stuffs.  I'll stick with imports; cheaper, faster, and I don't care if it's a CERO logo or ESRB logo on the box.

LRG has ultimately failed at all of their goals in terms of vision and spirit. Yea, they've made a boat load of cash, likely greatly boosted from [...]
Unfortunately, this is likely all they care about. The only thing we can do at this point is vote with our wallets.

This is what Josh talked up? You have to be fucking kidding me.
It sounds like this is the first salvo of Sega titles, so here should be more to come. And maybe this deal also played a role in the Genesis version of Jurassic Park being added to that collection?

Edit! Nevermind. I forgot that LRG already had a relationship with Sega and that I even own and have played through at least one of those games. :p

If anything, this release perfectly illustrates how self-centric and absorbed with his personal business that Josh is.  There's no thought to the consumer perspective at all.  It's like a case study of an influencer, their national digital reach, and the couple thousand spoiled children whom continue to support them financially. 

I guess my biggest problem is with all of this is the shills around here that continue to support this business substantively year after year. (more than once or twice occasionally, which is obviously understandable). 

So it actually is not a distro release? 

That's really, really odd.  You would think a Persona title would be a distro-release. 

So FOMO your heart out, I suppose.  It's $35 for a copy, so that's at least good to see it's not a higher price ask.  I'd still wait to nab one later on the aftermarket.

They really need to work on their graphics at release...

Also, it might be because of my terminally online brain, but giving out red armbands in 2023 seems a bit... gross?

It sounds like this is the first salvo of Sega titles, so here should be more to come. And maybe this deal also played a role in the Genesis version of Jurassic Park being added to that collection?
If this is the hype up game for all of that it leaves virtually no hope anything else of quality is coming.

tenor.gif

So wait a second, this Persona 3 game is different from the Persona 3 game that Atlus is releasing themselves to retail? Or just the special edition is going to Limited Run?

I'm already brand confused.

So wait a second, this Persona 3 game is different from the Persona 3 game that Atlus is releasing themselves to retail? Or just the special edition is going to Limited Run?

This is the game that released in January. It is a port.

This is not the remake with better graphics that is coming out next year.

I think 3 portable and 4 were digital only. They are recent remasters also on game pass. Normal 3 remastered is out physical later this year.

This is the game that released in January. It is a port.

This is not the remake with better graphics that is coming out next year.
I was gonna have to ask this too. I don't follow / understand Persona at all. So this was a PSP game that's now digital on PS5/XSX and will have a remake available later this year both digitally and physically?

I was gonna have to ask this too. I don't follow / understand Persona at all. So this was a PSP game that's now digital on PS5/XSX and will have a remake available later this year both digitally and physically?
Yep, but the remake will have a different feature set than P3P (original or remaster). Which both are different from the original FES, which FES was the Persona 3 version or Persona 5 Royal.

Persona 3 is the worst offender with no real definitive edition release.

And if Josh thinks printing a port from a major publisher is unimaginable, then his imagination is limited. As someone else said, his perspective is entirely from the production aspect and not what customers want(ed).

Spend all that money to get a game engine built for porting and then your big announcement is somebody else's port... which will get a complete remake around the same time P3P physical goes out.

True wisdom.

Now that LRG has a deal with Sega, maybe we'll see this for sale in Oct 2023 and out for delivery in Oct 2025:

B0Ws4YnearAiReZ_1695674912.png

Followed by Sonic 2 in Nov and Sonic 3 in...

This version lets you play as the girl main character with exclusive confindents, the remaster only has the male mc. The general consensus is that the girl route is better. Unlike most everybody else here apparently, I'm actually looking forward to this version, and I think its awesome that its getting a physical release on modern consoles.

Persona 3 Portable is a scaled-down 2009 PSP port of a 2006 PS2 game, that was ported to PC, PS4, Xbox, and Switch this year

Persona 3 Reload, which will be released on PC, PS4/5, and Xbox in a few months, is a full remake of the 2006 game with modern graphics, a new voice cast, some additional new content, and quality of life improvements. It should be noted that the remake is based on the original 2006 release and will not include some things added in Portable or the other re-release, 2007's Persona 3 FES (director's cut version; think Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal and Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden), most notably the option to play the game as a female character.

Wait wait wait wait wait

P3P was the big announcement that Josh was hyping up? This is a joke right? Right? RIGHT?!

No. This can’t be real. I expected to be disappointed . . . but I’m still let down.

This version lets you play as the girl main character with exclusive confindents, the remaster only has the male mc. The general consensus is that the girl route is better. Unlike most everybody else here apparently, I'm actually looking forward to this version, and I think it’s awesome that it’s getting a physical release.
However Atlus has stated that the male party members will get side stories told in Persona 3 Reload. We can’t judge if the female route is still better until it comes out.

This version lets you play as the girl main character with exclusive confindents, the remaster only has the male mc. The general consensus is that the girl route is better. Unlike most everybody else here apparently, I'm actually looking forward to this version, and I think its awesome that its getting a physical release.
It already has a physical release, to be clear. And it's $20 digitally right now without a sale. So...

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oool

What a joke.

LOL at the P3P announcement. Out of all the JRPG's that never made it over or are hard to come by nowadays, they chose a game you can get digitally rn AND getting a physically released remake soon. I already have P3P too. Why would I not just buy the remake over this? Just think about the other PSP and Vita games they could have brought over that had no english versions that they could've brought over and chose this instead. What a pointless endeavor.

And it would be nice if they would actually announce Shantae Risky Revolution with a physical switch release instead of this lame GBA version only thing they have going. Bro, my GBA's don't even work anymore.

Ok, it goes like this:

FES has additional social links, QOL gameplay changes, and an epilogue dungeon called The Answer. However, you can only play as a boy (the canon MC).

Portable does not have The Answer and removed the ability to actually walk around the overworld (you navigate through menus), but it added a female MC option and even more social links (for FeMC only) and even better QOL improvements.

If you want the intended Persona 3 experience, play FES since that's basically an expanded version of the original Persona 3. If you want quality of life improvements and the ability to play as either a boy or a girl (I and many others feel the girl is the superior MC, but that's of course subjective), and you don't mind navigating through school/town/the dorms through menu only, get Portable.

I personally recommend playing Portable and just watching The Answer's cutscenes on Youtube, since The Answer really is just a dungeon grind in order to get to the story segments.
Fes added only aeon link for aegis from what I remember. P3p added in Ken akihiko junpei Shinjiro and kuro s links for the male party members on femc route as none of them have links in the previous 2 versions.

P3p also added in manual control of the party from p4 vanilla. Which is far more than just a small quality of life improvement. The original games ai is absolutely terrible. Fes is a bit better but still inefficient to sit through.

Navigation wise the only major difference between the 3 versions is the characters avatar is used for walking around vs in p3p a colored circle. The models still appear during dungeon crawls so it was kinda weird that they couldn't get them for outside of it.

What are the other qol changes fes has besides the improved but still dumb ai? Slightly less chance of s link reversing and getting tired in dungeons?

But anyway p3p the only large thing of note besides manual control is skill cards. Shame that none of the versions add skill selection for fusion. And I can bet atlus despite remaking 3 again still won't fix mind/power charge.

bread's done
Back